• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Dave Long said:
Regardless of second shipments, that's absolutely ridiculous.

Some people have the foresight to preorder things that are known to be limited. I don't see how that's ridiculous. TE or not, you don't have to have a store sit on your money... I preordered my stick from Best Buy. They didn't charge me yet. Amazon doesn't charge for preorders until they're shipped either.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
bad-joey said:
is that guile a terminator or something? (what's on his jaw/neck piece)

Those are little pieces of toilet paper, you know when you shave and cut yourself? Those

Bob White said:
Meh at that model. Too 'space marine' not enough 'are you man enough to break wit me?'.

No, no, no and a million times no, that model is AMAZING, the texture, the little details (beer can and hairpsray :lol ) THATS IS GUILE

I would love love love to see the artist do the whole SF cast in that style, hell and as much as I love how SF IV looks, if a fighting game ever had that models level of quality, Id be floored.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Dave Long said:
???

it's been a limited stick since inception, everyone's known about it, markman made it abundantly clear what the deal is.

just because you're late to the party doesn't mean it's ridiculous.

i'm glad markman and his team is turning around mad catz's reputation, though i do wish retailers had a better sense of their pre-orders so mad catz wouldn't have to go into production again but what can you do.

DIRTY-D

I just read the artist paragraph describe the little details....

just caught the one about chipped and lost teeth impaled to his boot from Flash Kicks :lol

that is pretty cool :D

Teknoman

Raging Spaniard said:
Those are little pieces of toilet paper, you know when you shave and cut yourself? Those

No, no, no and a million times no, that model is AMAZING, the texture, the little details (beer can and hairpsray :lol ) THATS IS GUILE

I would love love love to see the artist do the whole SF cast in that style, hell and as much as I love how SF IV looks, if a fighting game ever had that models level of quality, Id be floored.

Its how the third Def Jam fighting game should've been. Incredible detailed models, body damage, and an improved Fight for New York combat system.

ashism

Dave Long said:
Don't be a bitter betty. You had up until CES to jump on the bandwagon, granted gamestop stopped taking preorders halfway through it.
Tournament Edition has been limited since it was announced.

CAVE343

also it was known from the start that the TE sticks would be very limited

Raging Spaniard said:
:lol but seriously, what is it?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
bad-joey said:
:lol but seriously, what is it?

Well, when I cut myself shaving, I break off a tiny bit of tissue paper, or toilet paper, whatever and put it over the spot where I cut myself, so it looks like a small white square pasted on my face. I think thats what Guile has in that pic, which makes sense seeing how much of a close shave he sports and the amount of combs and hairspray indicate hes meticulous with his looks./

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Here is a Tier List.

S+ : Had a stick for all systems before TE stick or SFIV was announced.

A: Preordered/Purchased TE stick

B: Preordered/Purchased Fight Stick Standard Edition

C: Preordered/Purchased HRAP of some sort

D: Purchased DOA Stick used on ebay for 50 bucks more than its worth.

E: Purchased Mayflash Stock stick

F: Dave Long

mjc

haunts said:
Here is a Tier List.

You think the Standard SFIV stick is better than say, the 360's HRAP EX?

Darkman M

haunts said:
Here is a Tier List.

Im A tier :D

Dave Long

Banned
I'm not talking about the TE stick. I knew that one was limited. I'm talking about the one that in all articles about the thing is considered "mid-range" and for "everyone from novice to intermediate".

Not having enough of those available at launch so people can walk into a store and potentially pick one up is just plain stupid.

...and I'd own at least half this thread with a fucking 360 pad, jackasses. I'm not your average poser game reviewer/analyst/commenter.

Teknoman

haunts said:
Here is a Tier List.

Yeah i'm B tier!

CAVE343

Raging Spaniard said:
Well, when I cut myself shaving, I break off a tiny bit of tissue paper, or toilet paper, whatever and put it over the spot where I cut myself, so it looks like a small white square pasted on my face. I think thats what Guile has in that pic, which makes sense seeing how much of a close shave he sports and the amount of combs and hairspray indicate hes meticulous with his looks./

Hmm okay, makes sense :) I shave with a philishave though.

edit: I'm A tier then

Pretty harsh tierlist though

andymcc

Banned
haunts said:
Here is a Tier List.

:lol cruel.

Dave Long said:
I'm not talking about the TE stick. I knew that one was limited. I'm talking about the one that in all articles about the thing is considered "mid-range" and for "everyone from novice to intermediate".

Not having enough of those available at launch so people can walk into a store and potentially pick one up is just plain stupid.

...and I'd own at least half this thread with a fucking 360 pad, jackasses.

it's still an arcade stick, which is still a niche item. i don't think anyone really could of predicted the demand for these sticks based on the sales of themed sticks for other popular fighters on the consoles. still your fault for not preordering, man up and stop crying like a baby.

ashism

haunts said:
Here is a Tier List.

:lol
Oh gaf!

Dave Long said:
...and I'd own at least half this thread with a fucking 360 pad, jackasses. I'm not your average poser game reviewer/analyst/commenter.
I would stop there, before shit gets hilarious.

haunts said:
Here is a Tier List.

S+ tier is how we ride, Haunts.

SS+ Tier: Multiple Byrdo sticks and an OG Mas stick with the Unicorns on top.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dave Long, sorry you are the butt of all the jokes on this page, but seriously there are alternatives to the madcatz sticks..why not just get an HRAP or something?

On a side note, its crazy how things can change in a year or two.. tell me two years ago there would be people up in arms not able to get a madcatz product and i would have laughed in your face.

mjc said:
I wasn't be negative, I was really asking a question. I'm totally alien to the idea of console arcade sticks so I was interested in the tier. :D

I actually really like the Madcatz standard edition a lot more than I thought I would. Ive been using it for all these combo vi-.. er... ive been playing on it alot.. :D

HRAP is good too just feel too "hollow" for me.. I own two.. I usally stick with my VSHG that is modded for ps3 and 360 tho.

Dave Long said:

Oh damn. :lol

And that guy in your avatar reminds me of Marn.

Just got off a conference call(Gamestop). Some store may actually get thier copies of the game on Monday night, depending where you live. Most, if not all the stores should have the game one the 17th(Tuesday)

SNUG REVOL said:
Just got off a conference call(Gamestop). Some store may actually get thier copies of the game on Monday night, depending where you live. Most, if not all the stores should have the game one the 17th(Tuesday)

Good news. I was hoping we wouldn't have to wait until Wednesday.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dave Long said:

Not having enough of those available at launch so people can walk into a store and potentially pick one up is just plain stupid..

Amazon still has them up for order. However, it's still an arcade stick. They've never been carried with any sort of regularity in brick and mortar stores. SF4 wasn't going to change that. Sadly. =/ Perhaps GS will get some in extras to sell. Maybe they'll stock them normally for at least a month. It's unknown right now.

SNUG REVOL said:

I'll assume so, but when they come in, are they able to sell or have to wait until the 17th?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SoulFist said:
Why don't you like the Hori SF4 stick, Markman?

IMO, they didn't do Street Fighter IV justice.

That's all. I don't think I need to explain it...

haunts said:
SS+ is having your own SFIV arcade machine. O_O

What happens if you have 3 arcade machines and 100+ sticks... + helped make a bad ass stick?

What rank is that?

:)

Bob White

MarkMan said:
IMO, they didn't do Street Fighter IV justice.

That's all. I don't think I need to explain it...

What happens if you have 3 arcade machines and 100+ sticks... + helped make a bad ass stick?

What rank is that?

:)

Bale tier

Ledsen

haunts said:
Dave Long, sorry you are the butt of all the jokes on this page, but seriously there are alternatives to the madcatz sticks..why not just get an HRAP or something?

On a side note, its crazy how things can change in a year or two.. tell me two years ago there would be people up in arms not able to get a madcatz product and i would have laughed in your face.

I actually really like the Madcatz standard edition a lot more than I thought I would. Ive been using it for all these combo vi-.. er... ive been playing on it alot.. :D

HRAP is good too just feel too "hollow" for me.. I own two.. I usally stick with my VSHG that is modded for ps3 and 360 tho.

Could you elaborate on the Standard? I'm agonizing over whether to keep my TE pre-order or buy the SE. I'm a total newbie and I can't say for sure that I'll be playing fighters for years or anything like that, so if I could rationalize paying 85 euro for the SE instead of 150 euro for the TE I'd be pretty happy.

Kintaro said:
I'll assume so, but when they come in, are they able to sell or have to wait until the 17th?

Stores can sell the game upon arrival. SFIV is not street dated. I'd call your store though. Its up to the manager to decide if they are going to pick up the game from the distro centers.

Caj814

haunts said:
Here is a Tier List.

Guess I'm S+ if you count both of my Sticks being PS1/360 with a bunch of converters :lol

SNUG REVOL said:
No Tuesday night.. not monday and Weds for pretty much all other stores.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Ledsen said:
Could you elaborate on the Standard? I'm agonizing over whether to keep my TE pre-order or buy the SE. I'm a total newbie and I can't say for sure that I'll be playing fighters for years or anything like that, so if I could rationalize paying 85 euro for the SE instead of 150 euro for the TE I'd be pretty happy.

Like I was saying in the 1up video, if this is your first stick the SE is fine, you can always upgrade the actual stick, but you wont have buyers remorse with the TE, thats for sure. I personally wouldn't switch the preorder but its up to you.

GalacticAE said:
Oh damn. :lol

And that guy in your avatar reminds me of Marn.
Seriously! I wish that photoshop thread was still around. Now I can't even find the original pic! :lol

haunts said:
Here is a Tier List.

You forgot "SSS+: Owns a shadowblade".

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
SNUG REVOL said:
Stores can sell the game upon arrival. SFIV is not street dated. I'd call your store though. Its up to the manager to decide if they are going to pick up the game from the distro centers.

I'll chat with my manager. Everyone at the store I work at is ordered to call me when anything and everything SF4 related hits the store, including my TE sticks and game. :D It would be nice to get the game on the 17th and spend the 18th on my day off without having to get dressed to play. /extreme lazy combo finish.

No_Style

Anyone know the post launch plans are for the sticks? Are they going to keep producing them or what? I don't mind waiting, I just want to know whether or not I should pester EB Games about getting my name on a list.

Teknoman

TurtleSnatcher said:

Turtlesnatcher...are you someone in the industry or something? I dunno why...but everytime you post in the topic I get that impression :lol

TurtleSnatcher said:
Hmm, well not sure what district you're in but our district actually has the option to pick them up Monday night or Tuesday morning.

EDIT: Like I said before check with you store. Shipping will be different for different regions of the country.

Ledsen

haunts said:
Like I was saying in the 1up video, if this is your first stick the SE is fine, you can always upgrade the actual stick, but you wont have buyers remorse with the TE, thats for sure. I personally wouldn't switch the preorder but its up to you.

Damn, you're not making it easy for me :D
I checked akihabarashop.jp and buying new buttons and joystick for the SE would almost bring it up to the same price as the TE... on top of that I would probably have to pay our 25% sales tax on the goods so it would end up being even MORE expensive. Damn it you shiny TE stick you!

Top Bottom