• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Ledsen said:
Damn, you're not making it easy for me :D
I checked akihabarashop.jp and buying new buttons and joystick for the SE would almost bring it up to the same price as the TE... on top of that I would probably have to pay our 25% sales tax on the goods so it would end up being even MORE expensive. Damn it you shiny TE stick you!

Just get the TE.. if you get it and feel like you want the SE, you could probably sell the TE for more than you bought it for considering how much demand there is for one at this point

SNUG REVOL said:
Hmm, well not sure what district you're in but our district actually has the option to pick them up Monday night or Tuesday morning.

EDIT: Like I said before check with you store. Shipping will be different for different regions of the country.
Its same day shipping so.. Tuesday to some stores. Others will have Weds.

EDIT: I don't work in a district..

I'm really surprised this game is not street-dated, considering how high-profile of a title it is. I've got plenty of distractions until next week (Flower, HotD: Overkill), but damn, the anticipation is like waiting for SF2: Turbo on the SNES all over again.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just a heads-up for Play-Asia Japanese version orders...mine has changed to "preparing order."

MyEpitomeCliché said:
I'm really surprised this game is not street-dated, considering how high-profile of a title it is. I've got plenty of distractions until next week (Flower, HotD: Overkill), but damn, the anticipation is like waiting for SF2: Turbo on the SNES all over again.

Yes! I haven't been this psyched for a new game release in a long, long time! When I was a kid, I remember my older brother, two of our friends, and I sprinting into the EB at the mall to get SF2 Turbo, and we stayed up all night playing it. I couldn't go to sleep and got back up again to keep playing it. :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
bad-joey said:
How do you know they will ship the 16th?

Sorry for the late response, but they sent an email starting off saying that they're sorry that there's a delay, then right after it said that they hope to ship around the 16th of February...

And before this email there was no release date, and all it said was that shipping would take 2 to 3 weeks - so I'm guessing that it's not really a delay email, but an actual date change email (to the 16th)...

xabi

MarkMan said:
I must be SSSS+ because I have both Shadowblades (I bet you didn't know there were more than 1!!!!)

I got one when Guilty Gear X came out on PS2...man, that thing was a piece of crap (the stick, not the game).

Lyte Edge said:
Just a heads-up for Play-Asia Japanese version orders...mine has changed to "preparing order."

Yes! I haven't been this psyched for a new game release in a long, long time! When I was a kid, I remember my older brother, two of our friends, and I sprinting into the EB at the mall to get SF2 Turbo, and we stayed up all night playing it. I couldn't go to sleep and got back up again to keep playing it. :lol

I hope it's the same with Buygame2, their price was low, that's why I went with buygame2 instead of play-asia

I'm Canadian, we usually get our US games 1-2 days late (stupid bilingual manual). So an import arriving before the local copy would feel good

CAVE343

Skilotonn said:
Sorry for the late response, but they sent an email starting off saying that they're sorry that there's a delay, then right after it said that they hope to ship around the 16th of February...

And before this email there was no release date, and all it said was that shipping would take 2 to 3 weeks - so I'm guessing that it's not really a delay email, but an actual date change email (to the 16th)...

Ok thanks! guess next week we'll be getting the game and stick.
I was hoping for an early release, but you can't have it all

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Lyte Edge said:
Same here, I changed from the Asian version after I heard about the delay. Do you think it'll support English menus?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
bad-joey said:
Ok thanks! guess next week we'll be getting the game and stick.
I was hoping for an early release, but you can't have it all

They said around, and seeing as how some GAFfers already got their sticks shipped to them already, maybe we might get lucky and get it sooner too - I hope so!

Takuan

Looking for an answer from MarkMan re: Canadian distribution: I've read EB has exclusive rights to sell all sf4 controllers here.. Is this true?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
r756b5.jpg

Just got the PS3 pad. :D

Barrett2

Son of a bitch, Amazon has my Blanka fight pad and my Genesis Collection both delayed one week. This is why I never normally pre-order; what a waste.

-_-

Ooh lord...they got Markman to whip out his e-penis.

Seriously, everyone is win tier for getting excited for the game and hopefully at least 30 percent stick with the community afterward.

And you "only" need 5,000 bp to get a replay uploaded? Does that mean Daigo gets his own server?

Will we be able to play Japan, Europe with this game or will it be region locked?

Get it for all three...PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Or get it for Live...since the network is pretty rock solid...or get it for PS3 cuz that's what they're supposedly using at Evo.

Guled

Takuan said:
Looking for an answer from MarkMan re: Canadian distribution: I've read EB has exclusive rights to sell all sf4 controllers here.. Is this true?
thats true, don't expect any TE sticks before the middle - end of March. The others will be out at launch but expect them to sell out really fast

Loto

Spiderjericho said:
Get it for all three...PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Or get it for Live...since the network is pretty rock solid...or get it for PS3 cuz that's what they're supposedly using at Evo.

I'm leaning towards PS3, but you are right about the network for LIVE. I guess there is no real downside to either. Probably whatever system I can find a TE stick for. :lol

-Mikey-

So if I were to place an order on play-asia tonight or sometime tomorrow, would the game be in my hands before next Monday or Tuesday?

Loto said:
I'm leaning towards PS3, but you are right about the network for LIVE. I guess there is no real downside to either. Probably whatever system I can find a TE stick for. :lol

Good luck on the stick search. It's going to be pretty difficult to find one now a days...especially with the numbers of orders and the limited supply.

I'll say that playing HD Remix on Live has been a little less nerve racking as the PSN. Not to say there aren't issues common to both, but the disconnects occur less on Live.

I really dissapointed at the hate that Claw (vega) is getting. Yea he's low tier and has issues with keeping his gear on but if played well he is one of the most tricky to fight against.

I wish there was a more positive mood about him.. There are some good players out there that use him and he is pretty freaking great behind a great player.

Loto

Spiderjericho said:
Good luck on the stick search. It's going to be pretty difficult to find one now a days...especially with the numbers of orders and the limited supply.

I'll say that playing HD Remix on Live has been a little less nerve racking as the PSN. Not to say there aren't issues common to both, but the disconnects occur less on Live.

I think you are right, maybe I will get lucky and fine one. Thanks for the help.

TurtleSnatcher said:
I really dissapointed at the hate that Claw (vega) is getting. Yea he's low tier and has issues with keeping his gear on but if played well he is one of the most tricky to fight against.

I wish there was a more positive mood about him.. There are some good players out there that use him and he is pretty freaking great behind a great player.

Do you!! Don't worry about tier lists or general consensus. Though some characters may have more tools than another, it all comes down to player skill and knowing matchups.

I've seen players use Q, Sean, Elena in TS. Daigo has been spotted using Fei Long in Super Turbo. So it's not so bleak. I can't remember which Evo, but I remember spotting a player use 12. Just figure out the matchups and use your character's strengths.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
TurtleSnatcher said:

Why be disappointed? Just play him, get good and prove people wrong. The great thing about playing a "low tier" or ignored character is that people have no idea what to expect when fighting against them.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Oldschoolgamer said:
So awesome.

My mouth dropped when L.I. Joe's special connected at the end.

I liked Gooteck's win in round two.

Sinatar said:
Why be disappointed? Just play him, get good and prove people wrong. The great thing about playing a "low tier" or ignored character is that people have no idea what to expect when fighting against them.

This is true.

Cynar

Takuan said:

I sent him a pm on it and got nada, so I'm just assuming we're screwed. :(

yurinka

Well, my Street Fighter IV Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 finally arrived. I used it in PS3 -with PS2 and BC too- and in PC with MAME (both Windows and MAME recogniced it without drivers). It's pure awesome.

My first great arcade stick. Now let's wait to see the MadCatz TE ones available somewhere with shipping to Europe.

Both the soundtrack and the guide are pre-ordered, too.

Takuan

Guled said:
thats true, don't expect any TE sticks before the middle - end of March. The others will be out at launch but expect them to sell out really fast
So basically, if I want anything at all, be at the store the moment they're available. Gotcha.

I've decided if I can secure a TE, I'll get one, but a CE will do just fine. I would have to mod it regardless of which I get - I'm a bat-top man.

Guled

Takuan said:
So basically, if I want anything at all, be at the store the moment they're available. Gotcha.

I've decided if I can secure a TE, I'll get one, but a CE will do just fine. I would have to mod it regardless of which I get - I'm a bat-top man.
they stopped taking pre orders for the regular stick but not the TE fight stick. So ya I guess your best bet is go to the store right when it opens

LordK

Bob White said:
Pad players, how do you play? Thumb or index and middle finger? I'm talking about the way you hit the face buttons btw.

Thumb and I use the shoulder buttons for fierce/roundhouse.

Guled

Kccitystar said:
Will the PS3 version have any disc space requirements like most Capcom titles on the PS3?
if you mean install, there is an optional install that greatly decreases load times

YES! Friend of mine got our TE sticks at his place today. I'm in awe I even got mine, considering we ordered on the very last day from Gamestop and his order got changed to backordered. But whoo!

Darkman M

Snapshot King said:
YES! Friend of mine got our TE sticks at his place today. I'm in awe I even got mine, considering we ordered on the very last day from Gamestop and his order got changed to backordered. But whoo!

I bet gamestop is snatching up all the sticks, even the ones people like me preorded at amazon & bestbuy:lol : (

Snapshot King said:
Guess I was right :p

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yeah you never know with the sticks, me and a friend from work ordered them at the same time (actually I ordered mine a day earlier)

He got his stick on Friday, Im still waiting :\

Top Bottom