• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Nose Master

Haha, now I don't care as much that I let my friend destroy my BP last night. He wanted to play online, and would just play Zangief... screaming "RRRROOOHHH YEAHHH" into the mic while lariating back and forth. Good thing I got in some pre-nerf lariat insanity :(

iam220

I hear they changed the way random select works. Now if you choose random the selection stays on random and you're unable to back out. Sounds like a welcoming change to me.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
KevinCow said:
Leaderboards. Change the orange thing to "New Replays" and the yellow thing to "Friends" and you should be able to find it easily.
Found it, thanks. It's a bit annoying that they have leaderboards for all the challenge stuff, annoying to scroll through and having it stop and load every single screen.

My match was definitively not worth the replay though :lol Poor showing by both parties. Tried to watch itwasfunny's replay but it wouldn't load. Chorazin had one that loaded though and since my Saturn pad doesn't have a select button I couldn't remove those infernal icons and they kept going bananas every time something happened - TAP through a projectile 10+ 'Amazing'. Shamwow 20+ 'omgsofunny' etc. Quite the nuisance.

Was going to watch some more vids but then the game decided that I wasn't hooked up to PSN even if the OS didn't seem to agree...

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Hahah I got my first hate mail today!

002.jpg

I replied "Learn to block, it's back on the stick, FYI."

003.jpg

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
he's a noob, he should have followed up 'you have some nerve' with 'young man'

Mr Jared

Hay PS3 friends, PlayStation Home now supports game launching for Street Fighter IV. I just tested it and it works as advertised. Huzzah!

Grifter

Nose Master said:
Haha, now I don't care as much that I let my friend destroy my BP last night. He wanted to play online, and would just play Zangief... screaming "RRRROOOHHH YEAHHH" into the mic while lariating back and forth. Good thing I got in some pre-nerf lariat insanity :(
:lol I'd be laughing too hard to play

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
wow. Blanka is killin it in the early tournies. this is hot shit, I can't even get to begin a match against the cpu with arcade request on, just get a challenger immediately. Only lost 1 so far. On my 4th tourney. I'm even beating sagats. that asshole is my nemisis.

what happens if I let my housemate run wild on some tournaments? He's got an OK but super predictable guile, if he takes a series of beatings, what happens to my 9 different versions of points I now have?

Hmmm....what's with this update? It says to create a new save data? ?????????????

just do it.

it's a bit of a pain re-unlocking all the characters again, but totally worth it for the update.

LakeEarth

I wonder why all my hate mail usually consists of "suck my balls" or similar messages, and not these hilariously long ones you guys post.

Catfish - player match not good enough for him?

A ha, so I was correct.

The amount of championship points you get are the amount of GPs of the opponent you beat. So I'm 90% sure the amount of championship points you have at the end of a tournament (essentially, how many good players you fight) determine whether you can upload that replay. Or something.

rager

Banned
So, do you still loose 100+ bp when you get beaten by someone lower that you? How does BP work now. Did it reset to 0? And did i hear correctly, I have to create a new save? So I have to unlock all the characters again?

Ploid 3.0

Mr Jared said:
Hay PS3 friends, PlayStation Home now supports game launching for Street Fighter IV. I just tested it and it works as advertised. Huzzah!

Oh wow nice. I have been finding people in home that have SF4 but would be too lazy to exit sf4 then add them. Gotta check this out, there are a lot of sf4 players in home (sf4 shirts).

No SF4 space still?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mr Jared said:
Awesome, i will try it.
*Reads Mr Jared tag*
Where is my R2 home space and game launch! :mad: :lol

Lince

Banned
am I the only fool playing Rufus online?

completely enjoying every Sagat / Ken / Ryu / Akuma / Blanka noob that I defeat... even if they defeat me 50 consecutive times in the first place :lol

Ronabo

Man, this patch has made alot of the good players come out. I'm not a shitty player, but I lost 23 matches in a row before I finally one won. Playing with characters I don't use to often (Balrog) was a gad idea.

I need more time with the update to see if it matters.

Aeris130

Teknopathetic said:
A ha, so I was correct.

The amount of championship points you get are the amount of GPs of the opponent you beat. So I'm 90% sure the amount of championship points you have at the end of a tournament (essentially, how many good players you fight) determine whether you can upload that replay. Or something.

Wouldn't that mean that the bar for uploading gets higher every time someone breaks into the top 5000?

Also, am i the only one who can't download replays right now? Getting error messages upon download.

Stitch

Gold Member
blargh, everytime i start up the game i get a stupid french message. something about the new update i guess. but i can't download it because it's only for gold members.... god i hate the 360 online system.

Stitch said:
blargh, everytime i start up the game i get a stupid french message. something about the new update i guess. but i can't download it because it's only for gold members.... god i hate the 360 online system.
it sounds like you should get a PS3

Ploid 3.0

Lince said:
am I the only fool playing Rufus online?

completely enjoying every Sagat / Ken / Ryu / Akuma / Blanka noob that I defeat... even if they defeat me 50 consecutive times in the first place :lol

I have been trying to learn Rufus lately to get away from Blanka. I like Rufus.

Mr Jared

Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh wow nice. I have been finding people in home that have SF4 but would be too lazy to exit sf4 then add them. Gotta check this out, there are a lot of sf4 players in home (sf4 shirts).

No SF4 space still?

No, no SF4 space to speak of but there are lots and lots of fans in Home. We were supposed to get new costumes yesterday (Gen, Dan, Fei-Long, Akuma, C.Viper and Sakura) but they got pushed back to Monday.

Though I think you guys already know the GAF benefits for game launching in Home. It'd be easy to setup a club just for the folks who are still sticking with the game and have it be a meeting point for player matches.

I have to go out tonight and pick-up the PS3 version, though I'm just going to stick to unlocking stuff until I get one of my 360 TE sticks dual-modded.

MIMIC

Banned
Wow, MicVlad. The beating you put on my Fuerte was pretty demoralizing :lol At least you made it fair and let me beat your Rufus =p Like I said before, I've been getting manhandled online as Fuerte. The games against you were like an exclamation point to my tribulations.

And regarding Fuerte's Ultra, I never actually used the default distance....I just have a tendency to favor the closer one against certain characters. With people like Ryu, I almost ALWAYS use the longer distance.

But seriously, I'm going back to Blanka. I've NEVER been beat like that before. Our Blanka-Dhalsim matches are a lot more competitive/fun anyway and I win most of my matches online that way :) (my winning % has been suffering from playing as Fuerte). Maybe I'll whip Fuerte back out for Cinco de Mayo

slayn

needs to show more effort.
after playing with it for an hour, I am throughly confused.

I thought ever time you won a tournament, you ranked up?
I became G3-C and proceeded to get 3 wins in a row 3 times (so won three "tournaments") and I am still G3-C

I thought you were supposed to play people at your same position? The rating of people I play is all over the place.

CP seems to do nothing... at all. I gets reset every 3 matches right?

edit:
going back to read the thread now to seem if anyone has figured out what the fuck...

edit2:
also I think I uploaded a couple replays, maybe

Well the championship mode is not was I expected but at least there are a lot of good players around.

The connections seem to be better also but maybe they just redefined the parameters. I don't know yet.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Man I think I need to leave the game for awhile. I keep making it to the finals and then get owned by someone who obviously should be in a higher tournament level. Early adopter pains. :lol

I just realized most of the players I use are low tier, except for Balrog.

But what I hate the most is some of the glaring bullshit advantages some of these characters have. I have no gripes with good characters being strong when players put together their advanced tactics, but fuckin Gief and his Lariat "aka, get out of jail free card/win button" is annoying. Also, how Ryu can combo into his Ultra in 20,000 different ways. Fuck, I never use Ryu and I figured out a Ultra juggle real-time, in live battle on the spot. No training mode required :lol

While for Balrog, I spent time to learn his buffalo headbutt to Ultra. Which really pales in damage compared to a straight Ultra.

No, you don't rank up every time you win. There's a certain threshold you have to pass. And everyone's still G3 rank. There's like 5 ranks within that.

But I heard the IRA-Roth G9 takes 45 wins, however, if you have 3,000 + BP points and 240+ CP points with 3 consecutive wins, to get promoted to IRA-roth Free G9A alpha you only need 40 wins, not 45.

Capcom could have made this shit a lot more simpler.

haunts said:
Just started playing with it today.. Seems like a big improvement over the BP point system...

This mode should have been called "we fucked up with BP, here's our second take on it, our bad."

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Teknopathetic said:
No, you don't rank up every time you win. There's a certain threshold you have to pass. And everyone's still G3 rank. There's like 5 ranks within that.
so what determines when I got from G3C to G3B?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Brobzoid said:
Patronizing messages? The nerve!
Monocle-man.JPG

HAHAHA :lol

C- Warrior said:
But I heard the IRA-Roth G9 takes 45 wins, however, if you have 3,000 + BP points and 240+ CP points with 3 consecutive wins, to get promoted to IRA-roth Free G9A alpha you only need 40 wins, not 45.

This mode should have been called "we fucked up with BP, here's our second take on it, our bad."

yeah thas true... lol

C- Warrior said:

Don't forget the 300 GP deductible for married couples

RedAssedApe

Banned
slayn said:
after playing with it for an hour, I am throughly confused.

I thought ever time you won a tournament, you ranked up?
I became G3-C and proceeded to get 3 wins in a row 3 times (so won three "tournaments") and I am still G3-C

I thought you were supposed to play people at your same position? The rating of people I play is all over the place.

CP seems to do nothing... at all. I gets reset every 3 matches right?

edit:
going back to read the thread now to seem if anyone has figured out what the fuck...

edit2:
also I think I uploaded a couple replays, maybe

The amount of CP you get after a fight is equal to the amount of GP of your opponent. So that builds up as you beat people. Once you win a tournament the more CP you have the more GP you get...although I don't know how that final calculation seems to be made. Hence if you had to beat stronger opponents to make it all the way through the tournament you're going to get more GP at the end. I'm guessing GP is probably the barometer for whether or not you level up?

That rating of people being all over the place is b/c everyone started from the lowest levels. I would say wait a few days and the competition you face SHOULD level out if the system works the way its supposed. I've been experiencing the same thing. Owning a bunch of people on my way to a final and then I just get beasted on. :lol

Arpharmd B said:
Not to mention, loading/saving takes twice as long, it just makes the whole system feel kinda crappy after the download :/
Yeah what the hell is this. I had this problem at launch and I fixed it by clearing the cache. That's not helping now though.

Good job on including double blind select but keeping your opponent's name and title visible pre-match.

RedAssedApe

Banned
If anything...at least quick matches are showing you connection ratings now. That in itself is a HUGE improvement and time saver. Although looking for custom matches is still slow as hell.

Top Bottom