• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MIMIC

Banned
Oh and this championship mode teaches me that NOTHING is frowned upon: spamming one move, excessive turtling, a combination of both.....

I need to learn to leave my shame at the door and just win.

Mr Jared

MrMephistoX said:
Wow talk about a feature that should be the XMB! Wow I might actually use Home if we get the amount of people on that are in Gaf Chat. Oh and to whoever I tried to play multiple times last night...sorry I think it was your connection nullifying the invites.

It should be easier to find matches in Home with randoms as well once word spreads. There are TONS of folks in Home who have this game ... they're easy to spot since they also tend to wear reward items or costumes of the characters.

Also: very exciting to hear that there are more green bar matches. Maybe they tweaked the netcode? That'd be hotttttttt.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Rocky_Balboa said:
Good games. Ryu is also easier for me because I'm more used to him. Matches against Blanka were pretty close most of the time. I just hate Blanka's ultra when I'm standing next to him. Is it even possible to block the stunning groundslam in the beginning of the ultra?

Nope, if you are right beside him, you screwed! you see the guys face go like 'awww fuck' and then bzzzzzz

basically if you're close enough to be touching it's bye bye

Man I just lost 2 championship matches. Was playing against ryu, was close and then he jumps back and starts fireballing. I say 'eat my ex blanka ball ftw!' do normal ball.... hmmm. try again.... same again. Guy KOs me after the forth time and then jumps in and I fail my ultra.

Turns out one of the punch buttons on my stick just broke :(

MIMIC

Banned
Ugh. My thumb is killing me again. Why is my most successful character (Blanka) murder on my thumb/hand? ;_; I JUST won my first final with him.

Chorazin

MIMIC said:
Oh and this championship mode teaches me that NOTHING is frowned upon: spamming one move, excessive turtling, a combination of both.....

I would love to fight someone that did nothing but the same move. Easy win!

Turtling? Overhead moves!

Rufus

Rocky_Balboa said:
How come people don't understand that this game is unplayable online under 3 bars? I hate when they join and start smashing the ready button. :<
Seriously, why can't I filter those out? I love it when some fuck insists on joining with two bars and gives me the stupid angry face every time he comes back...

I also accidentally accepted a match with three bars. Man, that was nerve wrecking.

Flek

Banned
Rufus said:
Seriously, why can't I filter those out? I love it when some fuck insists on joining with two bars and gives me the stupid angry face every time he comes back...

I also accidentally accepted a match with three bars. Man, that was nerve wrecking.

haha i just had one guy write me a message because i kicked him 2 times in a row due to its low ping. He whas like "whats the fucking problem asshole?" and i said "i dont like you" - he said "when you dont like the game stop playing" :lol :lol Stupido xD

qcf x2

Rocky_Balboa said:
How come people don't understand that this game is unplayable online under 3 bars? I hate when they join and start smashing the ready button. :<

I only play 3 bars and under if it's Player Matches. And even then I usually regret it, as so many inputs are skipped that my play looks straight up scrubby.

I faced Sagat in the tournament I played and did nothing but throw him the entire match.

Rufus

I played a lot of Kens and Ryus today whose entire game revolved around jump ins, to the point where they would stand still and wait for me to throw a fireball or do something... Jump in from full distance, yeah, that'll work... WTH.

Also: Why do people go out of their way to land a throw on you after they've been thrown once or twice?

henhowc said:
Woot I finally won my first Final and I was able to upload a replay. Now ummm where do I go to watch it? :lol
Leaderboards, go to "Championship (something)", set the filter to "My Rank" or "Friends" and there you go.

Also, there is a small introduction to the update in the options (I think, I already forgot...). It has a few pages of basic info on Championship Mode.

Rufus

What type of connection did you find acceptable before the update? If you haven't changed your habits in that regard, then it seems like proof that Capcom didn't tweak the net code, but instead just lowered the requirements for a good connection.

MIMIC

Banned
Threi said:
I don't know whether its my net or this new thing, but championship mode is LAGGY AS HELL.

wth capcom

Today I had the, without a doubt, WORST lag that I've ever had against someone. And because of the implementation of the Disconnect %, the match wouldn't automatically quit....it just kept going. It felt like it lasted forever.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Rufus said:
What type of connection did you find acceptable before the update? If you haven't changed your habits in that regard, then it seems like proof that Capcom didn't tweak the net code, but instead just lowered the requirements for a good connection.
What it feels like to me. I get 4 bars now with lag and I could play two or three lag less before. :\

Xevren

I dont really get the appeal of this myself. I'd rather just have the double blind select and the disconnect % and play for BP.

Xevren said:
I dont really get the appeal of this myself. I'd rather just have the double blind select and the disconnect % and play for BP.

Same. It's a little gimmicky. Someone shoulda told capcom they could have just patched Ranked Match instead of adding some unnecessarily complicated mode

Threi

notag
Ok im not really getting how this thing works.

I won two championships in a row, but both times the guy I beat got his rank upgraded and I didn't. (in the first one we were both G3-C and in the second I was G3-C and the other guy was G3-E)

?

*edit*

Also I saved two replays of my championship ass-kickings, and when i go to view them, they aren't there at all?

WTF?

Threi said:

I won two championships in a row, but both times the guy I beat got his rank upgraded and I didn't. (in the first one we were both G3-C and in the second I was G3-C and the other guy was G3-E)

?

Your rank uprade is by points so when you reach a certain number of GP you get a new rank. If you win a tournament you get a pretty good amount of GP but even if you lose you get some points. They reached their new rank with the points they got from being runner ups.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Threi said:

?

EDIT: What the guy above me said...beat me to it! haha

Chorazin

Threi said:

?

*edit*

Also I saved two replays of my championship ass-kickings, and when i go to view them, they aren't there at all?

WTF?

He had enough points to rank up, and you didn't. I'm pretty sure the winner and runner up both get GP, because earlier I leveled up after a win and the runner up leveled up as well.

The thing I don't understand is that WHY THE FUCK I can't save replays from all of my fights? I understand that I can't upload them all, but not even be able to save them is just plain stupid.

Edit: Is it me or is Boxer's jumping FP better now? Or I just haven't noticed how awesome it is.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Threi said:

WTF?

Its under the leaderboards. Find your gametag and there will be a replay button. FYI you can only have one replay up at a time so the first one you uploaded isn't going to be accessible.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Rocky_Balboa said:
I just hate Blanka's ultra when I'm standing next to him. Is it even possible to block the stunning groundslam in the beginning of the ultra?

block the slam low and then block the rest high

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Could be just me but connections seem a lot better with this update. I actually ran into a bunch of greens. Still tons of Kens though.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
drohne said:
block the slam low and then block the rest high
really?!

I literally have never had anyone ever block when I start up right next to em

MIMIC

Banned
Rocky_Balboa said:
The thing I don't understand is that WHY THE FUCK I can't save replays from all of my fights? I understand that I can't upload them all, but not even be able to save them is just plain stupid.

Edit: Is it me or is Boxer's jumping FP better now? Or I just haven't noticed how awesome it is.

Capcom (apparently): "We are not Bungie!"

Rummy Bunnz said:
They just changed the connection rating system. Bumped everything up by 1, it seems. What was 4 is now 5, etc. It kinda sucks.
Yeah, seems like 3 bar matches are little bit laggier than before.

Duke Togo

I don't think I can play any more. The two weeks I took off for exams seems to have magically made me useless. I don't know if I'm imagining things, but it seems like there is a lot more input lag than I remember. I don't know. Fuuuuck, time for a beer.

Threi

notag
henhowc said:
Its under the leaderboards. Find your gametag and there will be a replay button. FYI you can only have one replay up at a time so the first one you uploaded isn't going to be accessible.
That where i checked, there isn't any there :(

*edit*

Wait leaderboards?

I thought it was under gallery...there is a listing for replays there

*edit #2*
found em :)

watching yeb is like playing DDR :lol

Did anyone figure out a "fix" for the skipping at the vs. screen?

I cleared my cache, I dunno if that fixes it, will test later.

Also, is this just a 360 thing?

Duke Togo said:
I don't think I can play any more. The two weeks I took off for exams seems to have magically made me useless. I don't know if I'm imagining things, but it seems like there is a lot more input lag than I remember. I don't know. Fuuuuck, time for a beer.

The competition on championship mode is a lot stiffer than player, even on ranked. It's also a lot more varied.

It took me two tries to get the GD championship.

The first time I got raped so bad my asshole is the diameter of a baseball, I mean this Blanka mother fucker made my Vega look like his bitch.

The next time around I got three relatively clueless players.

My match replay is on the leaderboards if you guys want to check it out. Problem is I stopped using Balrog (my technical main) so I missed like 4 headbutts to Ultra's in a row. It was horrible.

MIMIC said:
Capcom (apparently): "We are not Bungie!"

I think you can save the replays. While you are re-watching your replay in the leadboard section (put the appropriate filters on of course) -- while you're watching it, press start and it says save replay. If not, it will say save replay if you press start during the round 2 win aimations/quotes.

Won

Wow, just played against someone, who actually is capable of Fuerte's RSF. Can't believe Capcom decided to leave that in the game. Just stupid. No wonder everyone says "RSF or bust" about Fuerte. :lol

Won said:
Wow, just played against someone, who actually is capable of Fuerte's RSF. Can't believe Capcom decided to leave that in the game. Just stupid. No wonder everyone says "RSF or bust" about Fuerte. :lol

It's just a loop. Not an infinite. It's pretty important to know if you play Elf.

Oh, and they did change some things around.

I play as Vega enough to know that they seemed to fix his "missed wall moments."

These usually occur when you want to jump off the opposite wall behind your opponent. And then your opponent jumps away -- that extra drag in the opposite direction causes Vega to lose air-time and land before jumping off the wall.

This is no longer the case.

Won said:

I played against El Fuerte - a good one will make you cry. I just don't understand what the fuck is going on. Like, the whole get-up game fucks me up.

Do I dash backwards while I get up to avoid that belly-flop attack. But then the fucker will do the sliding in attack.

I hate this paper rock scissor bullshit when I'm playing against El Fuerte.

Top Bottom