• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

slayn

needs to show more effort.
so... what this new system is, if I understand right, just like BP with the following exceptions:

you have to win 3 times in a row to gain a decent about of BP
you don't lose BP

along with a ranking system that arbitrarily assigns you a grade dependant on how much BP you have.

So anyway, I'm about to start this. Can you rank up in "free" -- or no?

Also, as always, looking for people to play with so post some xbox live gamer tags please :)

I am a:
Vega
Sim
Balrog
Gen
Rose
Ken
Bison
Abel
Viper
Gouken

user. I have my head around most those characters except Abel, Viper and Rose (I'm still learning them) Although if you play me you'll see me fumble around with the FADC's a lot since I'm trying to learn how to do them default, not macro'ed to 4th punch on my stick.

haunts said:
Yeha I dont udnerstand the point of CP really.. You lose it all after you win a tournament soo..

I think CP is a barometer of how fast you rank up a "G"

Imagine a player who has won constantly two matches, yet never wins that third match. I mean, he's put in his time and he's probably decent at that specific G rank. So, I think -- when he does finally win three in a row, he'll rank up.

While another person, who wins three matches in a row, will have done it three times -- then he will then rank up a G.

So I think CP = experience pionts, "G" equal level (thinking in RPG terms).

When you level up, naturally, you're experience points reset back to the starting point and rise until they get high enough to level up "G" again.

Honestly dude I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

jonah777 said:
>_> Could Bison EX PC through regular/EX fireballs and ultras before? Cuz he can now...

No. I really don't use PC a lot. But I remember doing an EX PC before thinking that A) If he didn't go through that B) it should at least have hyper armor.

Yet, the result was C) Ryu's dinky fireball knocked my ass down mid flight.

So are the only replays one can save the ones you win a tournament with? And it says somewhere that only those placing with enough CP get to save a replay in addition to that...kinda sucks.

RedAssedApe

Banned
C- Warrior said:

Imagine a player who has won constantly two matches, yet never wins that third match. I mean, he's put in his time and he's probably decent at that specific G rank. So, I think -- when he does finally win three in a row, he'll rank up.

While another person, who wins three matches in a row, will have done it three times -- then he will then rank up a G.

When you level up, naturally, you're experience points reset back to the starting point and rise until they get high enough to level up "G" again.

I know...Capcom needs to put up a FAQ. O_O

jonah777

C- Warrior said:
No. I really don't use PC a lot. But I remember doing an EX PC before thinking that A) If he didn't go through that B) it should at least have hyper armor.

Yet, the result was C) Ryu's dinky fireball knocked my ass down mid flight.

C is usually the case for me as well lol... but I managed to go through EX fireball twice and through an ultra once. The timing needs to be perfect it seems... which is not my strength atm. Trying to figure it out in training mode now.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
C- Warrior said:

Well that makes sense to me anyway..

RedAssedApe

Banned
So has anyone confirmed whether or not they've tweaked Gief's hitboxes for his lariat?

I played a Gief with Honda all I do is standing RH in that matchup so I couldn't tell. I still got hit by the lariat a few times on wakeup though.

Oh great. People are doing the "I'm gonna move around the board so you hear all the tinks to fake you out before I pick Ryu" bullshit. People with Ryu icons and titles. Why on earth would you do that? There's no counter to Ryu!

I'm playing so so so poorly. :(

RedAssedApe

Banned
Rummy Bunnz said:
Oh great. People are doing the "I'm gonna move around the board so you hear all the tinks to fake you out before I pick Ryu" bullshit. People with Ryu icons and titles. Why on earth would you do that? There's no counter to Ryu!

I'm playing so so so poorly. :(

You're probably not playing as poorly as you think. Its just that all of the high level players are still in the same grade levels as everyone else. It'll even out...I hope.

RedAssedApe

Banned
C- Warrior said:
So anyway, I'm about to start this. Can you rank up in "free" -- or no?

Also, as always, looking for people to play with so post some xbox live gamer tags please :)

Can you tell me your rank before I add you? I don't want to get beasted on LOL

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
henhowc said:
You're probably not playing as poorly as you think. Its just that all of the high level players are still in the same grade levels as everyone else. It'll even out...I hope.

Yeah, i just played a final, after winning easily the other matchs. I fought some boxer, and i almost got perfected in both rounds. It was so bad that i all i was doing was trying to get one or two hits on him at least to avoid the shame :lol

henhowc said:
Naw, I'm playing really bad. Just blowing shit all over the place. I'm running into a lot of familiar players. Ones I've beaten soundly recently. And boy am I losing in the stupidest ways. I should quit and come back later but I am excited about new modez!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
man boxer is like blankas demon fight. NOTHING WORKS.

FA seems to work kind of well against him. I can't figure out how to cross up that bastard. Headbutt doesn't work as anti crossup, but it seems to get him out of the way. Then I have to get in on him again. Blanka balls are fucking terrible, unless you like straight punches to the face that is.

Good games Rokitty. I didn't realise how rusty my Ryu already is after not playing him a bit. RANDOM ULTRAS. I never used to get spammy with ryu. I think I'll stick with blanka now.

/so do you get more CP when you beat someone with a higher GP?

yes you do. I think you get their GP worth of CP?!

I don't know what it gets me though. I accidently uploaded an vid of me vs the WORST ken that got a round off me, but he couldn't stop doing fierce DP on wakeup. last round I threw him and blatantly just walked back to the spot for another throw 4 times. At least he mixed it up with his ultra once, but now that vid is stuck there. I never get a chance to upload another.

RedAssedApe

Banned
haunts said:
/so do you get more CP when you beat someone with a higher GP?

The CP you get for beating someone = their GP. So yes you get more CP from beating someone with more GP than you. So basically the higher the level of competition in your tourney...the more GP the eventually winner gets. Runner up gets a little too :)

LakeEarth

Quick question. I recently had a hard drive issue and I'm starting from scratch. But online I play Abel so it's no big deal. But if I haven't unlocked anyone, can my opponent still choose an unlockable character?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
henhowc said:
The CP you get for beating someone = their GP. So yes you get more CP from beating someone with more GP than you. So basically the higher the level of competition in your tourney...the more GP the eventually winner gets. Runner up gets a little too :)

ok yeah i see now.. didnt make the connection at first.. lol

catfish said:
Good games Rokitty. I didn't realise how rusty my Ryu already is after not playing him a bit. RANDOM ULTRAS. I never used to get spammy with ryu. I think I'll stick with blanka now.

Good games. Ryu is also easier for me because I'm more used to him. Matches against Blanka were pretty close most of the time. I just hate Blanka's ultra when I'm standing next to him. Is it even possible to block the stunning groundslam in the beginning of the ultra?

Won

Also got my first quitter! Woohoo! Also got a hate mail from a Sagat player. :lol

I also hope G2 isn't to hard too reach. Don't wanna play against all those apes.
And it is so damn hard to win 3 games in a row with Fuerte. Should have learned one of those easy mode characters. :(

Ronabo said:
So do we have buffs and nerfs? Or are people just spreading junk?

So far there have been confirmed changes. A lot of people are claiming to see differences in some characters that already existed though. Do some testing and try to find stuff if you know your character well enough.

So I'm going to my first big tournament tomorrow (tx trashday) and I'm a little bit nervous. I'm not coming in thinking that I will win it all. On the flip side though, even though some of the players may slaughter me in a best out of 10 series(lots of texas' best players such as our very own y2dvd might show up) I KNOW I have a chance to beat anyone in one set.

Seasoned vets of GAF, do you have any advice for a newcomer?

MIMIC

Banned
Since when could Zangief grab Blanka (when blocking) out of his "Jumping LP > LP > Electricity" combo? He grabbed me a zillion times after the jumping LP. I thought the combo window was too small for the opponent to react (I mean, this ain't Guile's shitty Ultra we're talking about here :lol)

Anyways, I ditched Fuerte, swicthed to Blanka and finally won a final. :D

And if people wanna turtle me, I can turtle even harder. I played this one guy that turtled until the last 20 seconds when he realized that he was about to lose. Maybe he should have stayed in his corner. I killed him before the time ran out.

How come people don't understand that this game is unplayable online under 3 bars? I hate when they join and start smashing the ready button. :<

Ploid 3.0

MIMIC said:
Since when could Zangief grab Blanka (when blocking) out of his "Jumping LP > LP > Electricity" combo? He grabbed me a zillion times after the jumping LP. I thought the combo window was too small for the opponent to react (I mean, this ain't Guile's shitty Ultra we're talking about here :lol)

Anyways, I ditched Fuerte, swicthed to Blanka and finally won a final. :D

And if people wanna turtle me, I can turtle even harder. I played this one guy that turtled until the last 20 seconds when he realized that he was about to lose. Maybe he should have stayed in his corner. I killed him before the time ran out.

Zangief's grabs are unreal.

MrMephistoX

Wow talk about a feature that should be the XMB! Wow I might actually use Home if we get the amount of people on that are in Gaf Chat. Oh and to whoever I tried to play multiple times last night...sorry I think it was your connection nullifying the invites.

MIMIC

Banned
Oh, and people sure do get nervous in finals :lol We both fucked up. Both of us had little life left:

On nothing but a prayer and desperation, I started my Ultra against Cammy (with a 4% chance of her being stupid enough to stop blocking). After I landed, she did an EX Spike (doh! :lol) when she had a full Ultra meter. It wasn't even close to hitting me and I just....well, slid in and killed her.

FindMyFarms said:
So I'm going to my first big tournament tomorrow (tx trashday) and I'm a little bit nervous. I'm not coming in thinking that I will win it all. On the flip side though, even though some of the players may slaughter me in a best out of 10 series(lots of texas' best players such as our very own y2dvd might show up) I KNOW I have a chance to beat anyone in one set.

Seasoned vets of GAF, do you have any advice for a newcomer?

Deodorant. You've already won at this point.

Top Bottom