• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
-PXG- said:
WOW.

But yeah, does anyone else know if SFIV on the PS3 will run or upscale to 1080p? Anyone?

From the other thread.

270300lbackvr5.jpg

So, I'm thinking no?

Snaku

Banned
I've had two dreams about this game now. I haven't had a dream about a video game since desperately looking forward to the Game Boy release of Mortal Kombat II (I only had a GB and a NES at the time). I'm so excited...so so excited...

Akim

Banned
I must of missed this thread. Hopefully the Sticks will ship the 9th like it says so I'll have something to hold me off until the game ships.

Xtyle

with the release of SF4 so close, I have to ask this: Do you think SF4 has been a bigger success than SF3 was for Capcom? And do you think it will do better financially for Capcom when it's released on console?

-PXG-

TaKeRx said:
It's weird, because on the 360, it says 720p/1080i/1080p

There are some games that say they only run in 720p, but still upscale. Mirror's Edge and UT3 are some off the top of my head. I believe Resistance 2 did as well, but for some reason, LBP doesn't. So it may upscale. But still....fuck....

Kintaro

Captain N said:
What version is everyone planning on picking up?

Both.

And WTF @ Yun/Yang in the anime. :lol 3rd Strike characters in the next iteration confirmed.

Akim

Banned
I'm gonna go in gamestop today and preorder the PS3 collectors edition to go along with my 360. All of the sudden I need it.

Literally the most important release for me this calendar year.

Getting SF4 LE on PS3 and a regular Fightstick, and SF4 regular edition with 2 Fightpads on 360.

Altogether, that's what...like $300 on Street Fighter 4? That shit will absolutely be worth it <3

Kintaro

-PXG- said:
There are some games that say they only run in 720p, but still upscale. Mirror's Edge and UT3 are some off the top of my head. I believe Resistance 2 did as well, but for some reason, LBP doesn't. So it may upscale. But still....fuck....

Quickest way to find out may be to throw Capcom an email or something. None of us here would know until the 12th for sure.

TxdoHawk

jett said:
THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT

They bring yun and yang back for their shit ass animu garbage but get the boot for the actual game...goddamn capcom.

Then again, wouldn't this reinforce the idea that they might show up in Street Fighter 4: Mega Turbo Pancakes Edition?

Edit: Beaten like 50 thousand times.

BdoUK

I'm getting both the 360 (standard) and PS3 (CE) versions. I hope the PS3 version supports 1080i as my CRT TV only does 480i, 480p, and 1080i.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I cant believe they had the audacity to put Yun and Yang in the anime and NOT in the game...Capcom: "Hey! SFIV took place BEFORE SF3, so you cant bitch about 3s characters not being in the game!.....but they are in our anime...see what happened was Yun and Yang took a magical phone booth back through time to make a cameo in our movie just to let you know we didnt forget they existed and also to piss you off."

Hey guys.

I got an invite to the SF4 launch party in LA on February 12th. I've never been to one of these before, so I was wondering if I'll have the opportunity to buy the game at something like this. I still may go anyway, but it'll be a no brainer if I have a chance to actually purchase the game.

BdoUK

YuriLowell said:
720p on the back of the box.

As was noted earlier, this isn't a hard and fast rule for PS3 games. Plenty of games list only 720p but will upscale. We won't know for sure until the game hits.

CAVE343

tapedeck said:
I cant believe they had the audacity to put Yun and Yang in the anime and NOT in the game...Capcom: "Hey! SFIV took place BEFORE SF3, so you cant bitch about 3s characters not being in the game!.....but they are in our anime...see what happened was Yun and Yang took a magical phone booth back through time to make a cameo in our movie just to let you know we didnt forget they existed and also to piss you off."

Yeah, putting those guys in the anime is a pretty weird move by capcom

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Hey I think its cool that Yun and Yan are in the anime, at least you get to see them and shit, and you know Capcom hasnt forgotten about 3s

Ill be getting the PS3 version, no way am I subjugating guests to ever use a 360 dpad, that aint right.

CAVE343

Raging Spaniard said:
Hey I think its cool that Yun and Yan are in the anime, at least you get to see them and shit, and you know Capcom hasnt forgotten about 3s

Ill be getting the PS3 version, no way am I subjugating guests to ever use a 360 dpad, that aint right.

That's why I'm getting a TE Stick and a pad for the guests :)
ps. your art rocks

Raging Spaniard said:

I thought Capcom forgot about SF3 too until they put Alex in TvC.

Controller situation is null for me; I've got a full sanwa HRAP.EX and a TE on the way.

-PXG-

BdoUK said:
As was noted earlier, this isn't a hard and fast rule for PS3 games. Plenty of games list only 720p but will upscale. We won't know for sure until the game hits.

It fucking better. Same with Killone 2 :mad:

I was surprised that ME and R2 DID, but LBP didn't. What the hell MM.

jett said:
THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT

They bring yun and yang back for their shit ass animu garbage but get the boot for the actual game...goddamn capcom.

with Fei-Long, Gen and Rufus, SF4 does not need Yun and Yang

besides, Yun's Super Art 3 Ginei is way too CCish for SF4 style gameplay.

I hope that none of the SF4s sequals ever ever get an CC type supers ever

h3ro

Both versions are going to have dual language options right? I know we can select whether we get JPN v/o or ENG v/o, but I'm not sure its an option for both versions... can anyone clarify?

I'm leaning towards getting the 360 version, but I'll wait it out for some further comparisons and reviews...

CAVE343

h3ro said:
Both versions are going to have dual language options right? I know we can select whether we get JPN v/o or ENG v/o, but I'm not sure its an option for both versions... can anyone clarify?

I'm leaning towards getting the 360 version, but I'll wait it out for some further comparisons and reviews...
Your correct about the voices. I'm hoping the PS3 version has better online than HDR, but I'm pretty sure it'll be fine

Top Bottom