• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

jett

D-Member
ruliweb_sf4kors_55.jpg

fei long wins

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
bad-joey said:
That's why I'm getting a TE Stick and a pad for the guests :)
ps. your art rocks

Oh yeah, and I already have sticks for the PS3 (the dpad reason is that I like to use a dpad as well on occasion)

Thanks for the compliments btw! I wish I had enough time to do more art, kind of like that one OT from some other forum did, but you know, job and all. I do wanna do that treatment where I do original fanart for more official threads though, its fun!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
gutter_trash said:
with Fei-Long, Gen and Rufus, SF4 does not need Yun and Yang

besides, Yun's Super Art 3 Ginei is way too CCish for SF4 style gameplay.
That might be an issue if characters had multiple supers in SF4. But they don't. He's got two other perfectly good supers they could use instead.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Im getting both versions but will be playing mostly 360. Much easier integration with friends list and invites.

DomLando

Anyone know if the Street Fighter IV Fight Sticks (not the tournament one) are going to be easy to find down the road? I have a tournament stick pre ordered but was going to buy the regular one as well. If they are going to be easy to find down the road I might hold off. Same goes for the pads. Are they going to be limited to a certain amount?

Also, are Gamestop and Amazon the only places to get the Stick and pads?

Thanks in advance for any info.

-PXG-

TxdoHawk said:
I am, North Jersey to be specific. Why do you ask?

Just curious. People were talking about where they were at.

Good that you called it North Jersey. I can't stand it when people say "Northern" New Jersey. I live outside of Princeton.

TxdoHawk

-PXG- said:

Good that you called it North Jersey. I can't stand it when people say "Northern" New Jersey. I live outside of Princeton.

Haha, I hear ya. Did you ever go to Fun n' Games at Willowbrook mall back when it was still around? I miss that place so much, I'm sure they'd have SF4 if they were still around. =(

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
-PXG- said:

oh snap, we live like 2 seconds away from each other... SB?

MarkMan said:
I told everyone... EVERYONE.

You want one PREORDER one.

No one listens to MarkMan.

And it is ALL Sanwa, same as the official Street Fighter IV arcade machine.

Look up this thread for all the info you'll need on the sticks/pads.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162653

I PREORDERED one at Gamestop the minute they were announced and now they are telling me that Gamestop won't be getting any in only the Fight Sticks. WTF is up with that shit?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Phoenix Fang said:
I PREORDERED one at Gamestop the minute they were announced and now they are telling me that Gamestop won't be getting any in only the Fight Sticks. WTF is up with that shit?

They told you this in the store recently? The TE sticks were pulled out of the computer because they can no longer be pre-ordered, but if you put money down for them, they should be getting them in for you. Otherwise, there would be a memo stating otherwise.

-PXG-

Kintaro said:
They told you this in the store recently? The TE sticks were pulled out of the computer because they can no longer be pre-ordered, but if you put money down for them, they should be getting them in for you. Otherwise, there would be a memo stating otherwise.

Hmmmm. My ASM told me that they were for special order, just like the Ion Drumset. Then again, he's an idiot, and doesn't know shit half the time. He never mentioned there was a limited time to order them.

panda21

is there any official wallpaper yet?

those ads were quite cool

one of all the characters like on the bottom of the arcade stick boxes would be sweet

Kintaro

-PXG- said:
Hmmmm. My ASM told me that they were for special order, just like the Ion Drumset. Then again, he's an idiot, and doesn't know shit half the time. He never mentioned there was a limited time to order them.

There was an email a couple of weeks ago from Corp saying the TE weren't available for pre order anymore. Around the time Amazon went out of stock for a bit too. They were listed under SO )special order) when they were in the computer though.

Kintaro said:

No the guy specifically told me that it was the Fight Stick that I was getting and not the Tournament Stick even thou my receipt says Tournament STick on it. I asked him to make sure I preordered the Tournament Stick and he told me it was the $80 one. I was there arguing with him for about an hour showing him my receipt that it says Tournament Stick and he says they aren't getting any in.

-PXG-

Kintaro said:
There was an email a couple of weeks ago from Corp saying the TE weren't available for pre order anymore. Around the time Amazon went out of stock for a bit too. They were listed under SO )special order) when they were in the computer though.

Gotchya.

ph15h

Neo Member
Damnit. I just want my Collector's Edition for the PS3... Amazon is sold out. Gamestop won't let me pre-order online for some reason (or EB... I tried lol), and I'm not dealing with that 18 year old that thinks he's king of the world whenever somebody buys a PS3 game. Game Crazy's too far away. I'm not allowed inside a Toys R Us for 2 more weeks (it's a bet). And I've never pre-ordered at Best Buy.

Guess I'll peep best buy :(

h3ro

If you watch the RuliWeb videos, PS3 06 has a trophy unlocked. Looks like SFIV will feature art work for the Trophy in the pop-up alert instead of the generic trophy picture.

Pretty cool attention to detail...

Kintaro

Phoenix Fang said:
No the guy specifically told me that it was the Fight Stick that I was getting and not the Tournament Stick even thou my receipt says Tournament STick on it. I asked him to make sure I preordered the Tournament Stick and he told me it was the $80 one. I was there arguing with him for about an hour showing him my receipt that it says Tournament Stick and he says they aren't getting any in.

Demand the number to talk to the District Manager. If you put down money for the TE and you have proof, they will bust ass to get you that stick. Can always also file a complaint online as well.

Jim

h3ro said:
If you watch the RuliWeb videos, PS3 06 has a trophy unlocked. Looks like SFIV will feature art work for the Trophy in the pop-up alert instead of the generic trophy picture.

Pretty cool attention to detail...

Pretty sure that since a couple firmwares ago (when they changed the platinum Trophy design I believe), all PS3 games with trophies show the associated trophy artwork with the alert.

h3ro

Jim said:
Pretty sure that since a couple firmwares ago (when they changed the platinum Trophy design I believe), all PS3 games with trophies show the associated trophy artwork with the alert.

<-- Needs to pay more attention to Trophy popups. (or buy games with easier Trophies :p )

Any word on custom soundtrack options? I've been listening to the HD Remix soundtrack and would love to have that going during local MP...

I'd like to know about the status of custom soundtracks and the ability to set them as stage or matchup specific as well. I'd love to bump 3S tunes in local play.

prodystopian said:
Is there an English site with frame data for the game yet?
I remember a time when people used to just play and not worry about shit like this

ph15h said:
Damnit. I just want my Collector's Edition for the PS3... Amazon is sold out. Gamestop won't let me pre-order online for some reason (or EB... I tried lol), and I'm not dealing with that 18 year old that thinks he's king of the world whenever somebody buys a PS3 game. Game Crazy's too far away. I'm not allowed inside a Toys R Us for 2 more weeks (it's a bet). And I've never pre-ordered at Best Buy.

Guess I'll peep best buy :(

Have you tried Capcom's online store? Free shipping, too.

CAVE343

_dementia said:
I'd like to know about the status of custom soundtracks and the ability to set them as stage or matchup specific as well. I'd love to bump 3S tunes in local play.

That option would be great, if it's possible I'm going to play some old school SFII tunes

Both versions have dual language choices for every character.

As for Yun and Yang, they appear for all of 4 seconds as a cameo in Chun-Li's intro. It's not like they're featured all over. And besides, they would be 13 or so in this game (even though they obviously look older in that shot and it's not like Capcom _REALLY_ cares if they'd want to include them).

Prezhulio

h3ro said:
Any word on custom soundtrack options? I've been listening to the HD Remix soundtrack and would love to have that going during local MP...

since it was too much to ask for this feature in HDR, i'm assuming it's going to be left out of IV.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Phoenix Fang said:

When they were announced? Are you sure?

When did you preorder?

WasabiKing said:
I remember a time when people used to just play and not worry about shit like this

I've been playing HDR against the comp (I know...) and T. Hawk throws me EVERY time he gets close. I figure I should look into this stuff so I know what to use.

CAVE343

Halvie said:
absolutely fucking bullshit if true. Capcom sure doesn't seem to give a fuck about the ps3 lately.

FlightOfHeaven said:
I really starting to regret getting a PS3.

: (

What does it matter? It's only during the close ups. It's not like the game is complete shit because of that. Normal people probably can't even see the difference

Phoenix Fang said:
The guy sounds like an idiot.

What is the 6 digit number on your receipt?

Oh and Avatar.Street Fighterized.Ryus Bandanna.NOW!

Dude.. quit demanding.. I hate people who do that. If you can't do it yourself then don't demand and make all your posts include that request.

h3ro

Halvie said:
absolutely fucking bullshit if true. Capcom sure doesn't seem to give a fuck about the ps3 lately.

Did you even watch the videos in the link? The game is butter smooth on both, looks great as well. The PS3 version has the exact same specs as the Arcade version. How is that not giving a fuck?

Would you have really noticed a two second shift of 30 pixels or whatever temporary drop in resolution they made if someone hadn't pointed it out to you? I doubt anyone would ever know.

Just play the game. Capcom kicks ass and are probably the best multi-plat devs/publishers after the new EA...

Perdew

Anyone else catch on that all the characters are the ones featured in the Udon series? Gen, Rose, Sakura, Dan, Gouken, and even Yun and Yang made appearances, hence their inclusion in the anime. They seemed to have only dropped Dee Jay and T. Hawk, but no characters featured in SFIV (anime included so far) have not had storylines in the comic series.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly I won't be getting the 360 version til much later. But I will be getting the PS3 CE and PS3 TE stick (whenever the stick ships from Amazon).

I will be getting platinum in this game!

Halvie said:

FlightOfHeaven said:
I really starting to regret getting a PS3.

: (

lol cry more

Top Bottom