• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

decon

Flek said:
yay... just had my first rage quitter (name is Sir-Killertight) AFTER the update ...

3475528633_cbb90b9cf3.jpg

idiot :D
Scheiße!

Anyone in the NYC area check out the tournament in Columbus Circle yesterday?

It was pretty cool, I met a bunch of people (and saw some CTF heads).

The 2nd half of the tournament (the other pools and the finals) are gonna take place today.

Played this yesterday with a local friend...

After a while we weren't feeling it. We popped in 3S eventually and had a blast.

It's funny, in the beginning I wished SFIV had universal overhead, but now I want 3S to have Focus Attacks :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Rummy Bunnz said:
I think I ran into Relix? Seeing lots of GAF dudes. It's cool but nerve wracking! I'm warming up to the new mode now that I'm not having all the technical hiccups. I'm worried it's gonna be really grindy though.

Really? What was your GT maybe Ill remember it =P

Level 7 Boss, good games. I definitely need more training against Sagat. He is very hard to get to. Also Boxer's overhead isn't that effective on him, because he slides too much backwards after it.

If you were talking earlier also, I couldn't hear because I didn't have the mike in. My fightpad is broken and it acts like the mike is in, even though it isn't. I noticed right in the end and could only hear the last "GG".

Edit: Sorry for using only Boxer. But as you might noticed I just can't play with anyone else. :(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
bllargh just lost a final cause someone came to the front door :lol

any blanka experts, I need help with his jumping mik cr.mk xx straight ball. I can't get that shit tto work EVER.

I've been to training, put on attack data, seem to be doing the commands. I can NEVER get it to come out.

same with most of the combos that end in a ball actually. upball seems to be easier to get to come out for some reason.

ggs again MicVlad!

Won

Ah crap. I think I played too much the last 2 days. Already G2 and barely won any torunaments. I'm soooo dead. :lol

Edit:

Sagat player: "Stop usin that cheap ass character and learn 2 play" :lol (played with Gouken)

slayn

needs to show more effort.
catfish said:
bllargh just lost a final cause someone came to the front door :lol

any blanka experts, I need help with his jumping mik cr.mk xx straight ball. I can't get that shit tto work EVER.

I've been to training, put on attack data, seem to be doing the commands. I can NEVER get it to come out.

same with most of the combos that end in a ball actually. upball seems to be easier to get to come out for some reason.

ggs again MicVlad!
only doing the mk doesn't give much time for a charge. Especially on a crossup. s.lp is a pretty easy link and gives you move time. Try doing:

jump in, c.mk, s.lp xx ball

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Flek said:
yay... just had my first rage quitter (name is Sir-Killertight) AFTER the update ...

3475528633_cbb90b9cf3.jpg

idiot :D
Are you sure thats a "rage quit"?

I mean, he's one AA away from beating you, and being even. It might a dropped connection.

managed to win my first tournament on G2 just now. made it to finals a few times prior, but this time victory was mine! its hard to move up with so many skilled players. another problem is the quantity. lots of japanese players up there, but not many people from my region yet.

there is some waiting time between games.

Spiderjericho said:
Hey Find, how'd you do in the tournament?

Didn't get to play today, as I had to work. Can't wait to join the easter egg hunt tomorrow.

No disrespect to my opponents, but I played like trash. After getting eliminated I was really angry because I know I could have played a LOT better than I did. I don't know if it was tourney jitters or what but I was just extremely disappointed with my performance.

With that said, I went 3-2

W - 1337Vin33t
W - Winchester (3rd place ufo tourney)
L - Crow (top tekken player)
W - Shannon
L - Winchester

Spy

Does anyone want to play some matches right now?

PSN: Realaride

Respond to this if you want to play because I'm not on my PS3 at the moment.

LakeEarth

Great games with MicVlad. I'm glad to get a little revenge after our previous battle of 0-12. I dunno why but I was doing a really good job shutting down your teleports. And your throwing, which is usually a killer, was partially hurt by Abel's tornado throw which is immune to throws.

Good games.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCK

both my hori ex2 fighting sticks that I've had for ~2 months crapped out a button each today. 120 hours of street fighter is apparently all they are worth. NOT HAPPY.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
The upload option keeps getting me. Keep hitting A to get to the next screen before I notice it's asking if I want to upload a replay. Right now, I have a match featuring Blanka essentially doing nothing but jumping Mk to c HK cross-ups on a hapless Geif.

Flek

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Are you sure thats a "rage quit"?

I mean, he's one AA away from beating you, and being even. It might a dropped connection.

yeha iam sure. He had 1% rage quitter before we started. also i beat his ass in round 1 .. and after some heavy attacks of him failed to hit me in round 2 he quit

comrade

Are you guys able to watch Replays? I was able to watch the first one I tried but after that it says "Unable to receive replay data". Even on the one I was able to watch before.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Just played and someone was calling me a scrub because I was kicking his Ryu's ass with my Chun. I Ultraed his ass when he hadokened me like three times, Hassan-Sho'ed him etc. Grabbed him. Executed combos. He was just HADOKEN and SHORYUKEN!!

and I am the scrub. Wow :lol

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
catfish said:

both my hori ex2 fighting sticks that I've had for ~2 months crapped out a button each today. 120 hours of street fighter is apparently all they are worth. NOT HAPPY.
The microswitches thend to get messed up by plastic dust from the buttons. You can pop the button out (not the whole thing, just the part you press down. Usually takes two of those small screwdrivers to get at the tabs on either side of the button to slowly lever it out), clean around the micro switch, and that usually brings the button back to being usable.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I enjoy the update solely because the level of competition has jumped dramatically. Although I feel like gutter trash when I lose.

BitchTits

Not really enjoying Championship mode, having a really hard time finding a match with more than 1 or 2 bars - think I'll stick to Player matches and Ranked. It all seems rather random, not much different from ranked, and one e-peen number is enough for me.

The only thing I like from the update is blind '?' select in any mode where as before it would show the character picked on the select screen which would result in a lot of people winding down the clock there was no chance of counter-picking.

Spy

Spy said:
Does anyone want to play some matches right now?

PSN: Realaride

Respond to this if you want to play because I'm not on my PS3 at the moment.
Come on GAF, I'm calling you out. Cammy player here.

MoxManiac

Capcom is incompetent.

So i log in this morning to see my disconnect ratio at 1%. I don't disconnect or ragequit, so I'm like, wtf? Then I remember the game spazzing out last night and disconnecting me from psn over and over because capcom and ono are uncle fuckers.

So I do finally get some matches in. I run into a couple of ragequitters that disconnect after i stomp their flowchart asses into the ground. Except...it starts the championship over for me? WTF? Then I check my disconnect ratio and it's now at 2%. What. The. Fuck. Capcom.

The final insult is when I finish a CP and upload a replay. I go into ranking to see if it's there yet, cause i'd like to study it and stuff. It's not there yet, so I think 'okay, probably just takes a bit for it to show up." So I decide to exit ranking and go play some more matches. Hmm, long loading upon exiting ranking. YOU HAVE NO BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM PSN. wtf. I choose network battle. *freeze* *now loading* YOU HAVE NOW BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM PSN.

I shut off the game in disgust after that. I don't understand how Capcom can do such a horrible job, being a highly profitable company and SF4 being a million seller.

Ploid 3.0

catfish said:

Dang man. I'm not sure if I should even buy a stick now. I'd be messed up even more if a stick break on me.

I should just stick to the trusty sixaxis.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
yep. online's been shitty for me too since the patch. I've only been able to see two replays and one of those were my own. :\

slayn

needs to show more effort.
now that I got to G2 I can't find anyone to play against =\

Guess I need to just stop playing championship until more people work their way into G2.

CO_Andy

MoxManiac said:
So i log in this morning to see my disconnect ratio at 1%. I don't disconnect or ragequit, so I'm like, wtf? Then I remember the game spazzing out last night and disconnecting me from psn over and over because capcom and ono are uncle fuckers.

So I do finally get some matches in. I run into a couple of ragequitters that disconnect after i stomp their flowchart asses into the ground. Except...it starts the championship over for me? WTF? Then I check my disconnect ratio and it's now at 2%. What. The. Fuck. Capcom
You heard it here first guys: Mox is in league with the ragequitters!

...Or perhaps PSN will forever be shitty.

Match connections have been all over the place since the patch (360 version).

Before, If I saw 4 yellow bars, it was always a very good match. Now, I get 5 that are laggy, 4's that feel like crap, 5's that are good, 4's that are ok, 3's that feel like 5's, 5's that feel like 3's.

It's like rolling the dice now with connections :/

After my 1000th match I'm gong to take a break from online alltogether. Gotta catch up on achievements anyway. I'll post a pic of my 1000th match stats commemorating this moment.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
How many hours is it taking you guys to get into G2? I've spent about 3-4 hours in this mode, and only gotten about 1350GP so far. (About a .750 win percentage to boot, so I'm not losing a ton)

I hate the timesink grinding aspect of this.

Shadow780

Anyone gets "lost connection to PSN network" message when entering network battles often now? I have to quit game and then re-enter a couple of times to fix it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
arstal said:
I hate the timesink grinding aspect of this.

So you find fighting matches a grind? What other activity would you be doing in Street Fighter if you weren't "grinding" matches in Champ mode?

Rocky_Balboa said:
Level 7 Boss, good games. I definitely need more training against Sagat. He is very hard to get to. Also Boxer's overhead isn't that effective on him, because he slides too much backwards after it.

If you were talking earlier also, I couldn't hear because I didn't have the mike in. My fightpad is broken and it acts like the mike is in, even though it isn't. I noticed right in the end and could only hear the last "GG".

Edit: Sorry for using only Boxer. But as you might noticed I just can't play with anyone else. :(

No problem man, I really need to practice against Boxer, I just totally freeze. I don't suck as hard as I demonstrated lol. Can't deal with his pokes at all. Will have to start learning how to play him, and find a Balrog killer. I'll be sending you more invites, need to take your fight money.

Had some good games against Micvlad on Friday, he took it 4-3 before I had to dash out. Had one great moment when he Yoga Catasphrophed me, I somehow managed to avoid it, then Srk -> FADC -> Metsu, but instead of hitting 'Sim, it hit his ultra, he ended up just beating me that round.

Really desperate to get a bloody Madcatz fightpad.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Sinatar said:
So you find fighting matches a grind? What other activity would you be doing in Street Fighter if you weren't "grinding" matches in Champ mode?

Playing better quality of opponents and fewer flowcharters.

lol the same names keep on coming up in champ mode over and over, it's getting lame fighting the same 5 people over and over

I'm going to put this mode on the shelf for the next 2 - 3 weeks to allow it to build up with more "variety", it's getting quite lame going up against the same freakin' people with their boring ass characters

Aeris130 said:
Turtle Ryus are out in full force tonight. Either the variety moved on to G2, or it's still stuck at G3-E.

i dont know whats up with all those new turtle ryu and ken lately. the worst thing about all this is: they can actually win.

STG

Shadow780 said:
Anyone gets "lost connection to PSN network" message when entering network battles often now? I have to quit game and then re-enter a couple of times to fix it.
same here
I hate this patch :/

_Xenon_

Banned
Timedog said:
*whining about blanka sliding*
a blocked sliding = hella punish on the way
blanka does have advantages against shotos but just keep it in mind: all his moves are punishable if blocked

you know what is broken? --> turtle honda

2 heavy kick = 1/3 hp down the drain, then all he needs to do is holding the back direction and wait for an ex headbutt, or play Mario style against fireballs

Top Bottom