• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

BitchTits

I have to wonder how random the random select really is, I had some weird character runs last night. Akuma 3 times straight in a row. Followed by Rose 3 times out of 4, and the same for Abel and Blanka a little while later. It was weird, but all worked in my favor, except for Akuma!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
McBradders said:
You will be in a lot of pain if you go Sakura. Not sure how the transition from Chun is, but I fared terribly with Sakura, but then I was transitioning from full Shoto to her Shoto jr. stylings and taking terrible beatings all over. I've fought at least two awesome Sakura's who were in my face the whole time, but I just can't play like that :(

I'd honestly suggest Balrog... a lot of people seem to get super flustered when you're in close and lashing out with poke-strings.
Balrog jab (Low Punch) is amazingly awesome. Its so easy to do combo them.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BitchTits said:
I have to wonder how random the random select really is, I had some weird character runs last night. Akuma 3 times straight in a row. Followed by Rose 3 times out of 4, and the same for Abel and Blanka a little while later. It was weird, but all worked in my favor, except for Akuma!
Well, its a posibility.
If you code it so it never selectes the same character twice in a row... it wouldnt be random!
(I think its called exhaustive random or something like that :/ )

Sorry for the double post V__V

Its really anoying now, using a x360 controller. When i started i could only really do moves effectively facing right, now i can only do them facing left. missing a obvious srk and losing a match is damn frustrating!

BitchTits

APerfectCircle said:
Its really anoying now, using a x360 controller. When i started i could only really do moves effectively facing right, now i can only do them facing left. missing a obvious srk and losing a match is damn frustrating!
For me it's missed Ultras. I can't tell you how many times I've had an EX falling sky with Abel instead of his Ultra. >:-(

I tend to do the motion really pronounced on the analog stick, but this only works for wake ups really though, otherwise I tend to do the motion more like a charge Ultra, only from the down position.

LakeEarth

BitchTits said:
For me it's missed Ultras. I can't tell you how many times I've had an EX falling sky with Abel instead of his Ultra. >:-(
Amen brother. I've probably lost 5-6 matches eating a fireball when I was supposed to ultra through it.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
I HATE HATE HATE when I run into a Character that i dont fight alot against

Last night i ran into one of probably 5 C. Vipers i've ever fought since i got the game. They all Sucked, but this one was good, not familiar with the combos..ect, bitch just wooped me.

anywho, won 2 championships last night

and how do you watch the uploaded fights?(PS3)

BitchTits said:

I tend to do the motion really pronounced on the analog stick, but this only works for wake ups really though, otherwise I tend to do the motion more like a charge Ultra, only from the down position.

Yeah that's deterring me from Abel right now, although weirdly, I can everyone elses ultra and can FADC to ultra with all the shotos, and can headbutt -> ultra with Balrog.

Threi

notag
cammy is a tough matchup :/

cannon spike has more priority than headstomp, ex headstomp, devil's reverse (due to the angle you can pull back because it will still hit you), and if blocked it pushes her so far back that you can't do anything if the guy is spamming it (you can't grab her and trying a scissor kick can be reversal'd by another cannon spike). She is also a small as hell target so crossups are hard to land.

The only way i can actually do any sort of damage is by punishing a blocked spiral arrow, everything else i try is beaten by cannon spike spam.

How the hell do i beat her?

Vdragoon

Threi said:

cannon spike has more priority than headstomp, ex headstomp, devil's reverse (due to the angle you can pull back because it will still hit you), and if blocked it pushes her so far back that you can't do anything if the guy is spamming it (you can't grab her and trying a scissor kick can be reversal'd by another cannon spike). She is also a small as hell target so crossups are hard to land.

The only way i can actually do any sort of damage is by punishing a blocked spiral arrow, everything else i try is beaten by cannon spike spam.

If they are cannon spike spammers this is the best thing to face against. Dictator's d.HK can punish those spikes and you can easily bait it out if they play like that.

Threi

notag
Vdragoon said:
If they are cannon spike spammers this is the best thing to face against. Dictator's d.HK can punish those spikes and you can easily bait it out if they play like that.
I've tried slide, it doesn't reach far enough, and i eat another cannon spike.

Ledsen

Threi said:

Block low. You're done.

Vdragoon

Weird because when I play against my brothers they can dash up to me after the block and trip me right after, so I've learned not to spam cannon spike lol. Go into training and have record cannon spike then dash > trip.

What are the chances of getting a corrupt save file (360)??

I've heard that it happens time to time. I'm wondering because you can no longer back up your save files.

Over a hundred hours and soo much collected, I would cry if my save ever went bye bye.

Garcian

Threi said:

It's a match up that needs some patience - let her come to you & be ready to block low & punish; if you go to her you'll eat drill/spike/throw & so on. With good spacing, S.HK should combat jump ins & if she goes into the air, stomp should do it.

Also, be ready to tech throw attempts - lots of Cammy's I've faced try the jump in, low kick, throw string.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ledsen said:
Block low. You're done.

Yep!

Lots of Cammys like to spam that low cannon uh.... the one that starts her ultra, it's pretty punishable, kind of like blankas slide.

She can be a freak though, if you get a quick one that knows how to rush down it's a bit scary.

I have a question, is crossing up Ken/Ryu a good idea? I have some success doing it, but I'm not sure how good the DP is at punishing cross up attempts....

Threi

notag
catfish said:
I have a question, is crossing up Ken/Ryu a good idea? I have some success doing it, but I'm not sure how good the DP is at punishing cross up attempts....
Try it once. If they reversal dp, then don't do it again.

Basically it depends on how much they know about the game.

CPS2

If you jump in from some distance then they'll probably see it coming, but it's a decent mixup at close range after a blocked string, and they don't have as much time to react.

qcf x2

Augemitbutter said:
i run into so many cammy lately. what made them come out of their caves?

I tend to think that it's partially due to the fact that she is very good online...it's significantly harder to deal with rushdown tactics when you've got latency to deal with. A lot of easily punishable stuff is suddenly less easily punished.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
UC1 said:
If you jump in from some distance then they'll probably see it coming, but it's a decent mixup at close range after a blocked string, and they don't have as much time to react.

Yeah I basically mean, is it possible to 'get right'

Let's say there is a flowchart ken that does wakeup flamingshitfist EVERYTIME.

If I get the distance right, is it possible to make him eat a combo everytime?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
catfish said:

does cammy have a good crossup? I have no idea.

Blanka's crossup, for example, can beat reversal dragon punches every time. It has to be the right distance though. If you jump too far over them such that the dragon punch auto-reverses direction I get nailed. You want to land such that they do the dragon punch still in the direction you are jumping from, but you are landing on their head rather than their fist.

but that could just be blanka. His crossup can even beat chun's ex spinning bird.

catfish said:

You mean does a meaty crossup beat reversal dp? No.

edit - I think some might such as gief d. lk, but don't quote me on that

_Xenon_

Banned
Pop On Arrival said:
I play a pretty aggressive Chun and it doesn't seem to do too well against Blanka, and the fact that I have no normal means to punish the blanka ball is pretty frustrating. I mean, I can beat the shitty Blanka's that just turtle, but when I play a good one, I get bamboozled.

I've had some success these past few days just zoning him out and letting him come to me, though. Problem is: I get bored of this and I eventually rush in until I take massive damage for as a wake up call and go back to playing defensive.

Can you guys suggest a secondary character that LIVES off the rushdown?
You can dash -> L.HK to punish the ball. Chun's L.HK has godly range.

Ledsen said:
Block low. You're done.

If they're a bad cammy doing Spiral Arrow x30 then yeah block will get you the win. But honestly, as I've refined my play, I've only really used spiral arrow in combos and to zone my opponent. Hooligan's combo is where it's at. Even if you do block low, a good cammy can still cancel hooligan and land in front of you before you cr+attack and throw. Mix that shit up with some SBF and characters forget about the whole "block low strategy"...at which point you spam spiral arrow again hahaha

As a Cammy only player, the shit that will kill me 90% of the time is DP attacks. They have priority over spiral arrow, they knock you out of the air when doing hooligan and I think they have priority over canon spike as well. A shoto spamming DPs is bad news for cammy's...

Cammy sucks.. So does Blanka.

The playstyles of those characters are so wack.

My Fuerte usually doesn't have many issues with Blanka.. My Gen can.. though I can punish with Ultra and Super but most don't fall for it or i have to be real quick.

I really hate Cammy though. Just random Cannon Spike and you will win. I've seen Rummy do it and he's like in the top 300 in CP! :lol

I hatechu Rummy! :p

It makes me want to play Cammy. I can never cross her up.. I can't tostada press her 2 times in a row because she will wake up Spike and it ALWAYS hits it feels like.

Drives me crazy. RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I think Spike has more priority then DP.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
McBradders said:
You will be in a lot of pain if you go Sakura. Not sure how the transition from Chun is, but I fared terribly with Sakura, but then I was transitioning from full Shoto to her Shoto jr. stylings and taking terrible beatings all over. I've fought at least two awesome Sakura's who were in my face the whole time, but I just can't play like that :(

I'd honestly suggest Balrog... a lot of people seem to get super flustered when you're in close and lashing out with poke-strings.

Balrog to me is the biggest turtle char in the game, why I didn't recommend him. I also think he's the most braindead char in the game, even more then Gief or Sagat (he's not as good of course, but I think he's easy mode)

CPS2

catfish said:

Your best bet is probably to jump in way early and make it look like a crossup or whatever, then just block the DP. Remember meaties don't work too well in this game. Another thing you could do is just dash at them a few times and make it look like you're gonna do something, then block, or if you've got a move that crosses them up while they're knocked down and doesn't hit, do that then block. I wouldn't go trying to stuff a DP, sometimes it can just auto-correct their direction even if you cross them up pretty well.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I played my first Elf yesterday and all I can say is: "fffffffffffuuuuuuuuu..." he's all over the place I couldn't do shit. Was splashing and sliding all up in my ass till I damn near prolapsed. I was able to pull through by rush punching his ass out of the air and keeping him down with some splendid wake-up shit. But still, if he had caught on to how I snatched him out the air he would have perfected me.

In closing; Fuck that dude. I'd rather play 100 Blankas straight than fight another Elf ;_;

arstal said:
Balrog to me is the biggest turtle char in the game, why I didn't recommend him. I also think he's the most braindead char in the game, even more then Gief or Sagat (he's not as good of course, but I think he's easy mode)

Once you know how to shut down balrog's rush game and abuse his crossup weaknesses, intermediate balrog players will be your easiest match ever. At least if you play ryu lol.

Also balrog vs. sagat is one of the crappier matches for rog. That match in and of itself is easy mode for Sagat.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
SF4 PC Version Screens

Ink Control!!

02048440-photo-street-fighter-iv.jpg

02048444-photo-street-fighter-iv.jpg

02048442-photo-street-fighter-iv.jpg

KevinCow

Banned
catfish said:

The Kens who do HP SRK on wakeup every single time - or really anyone with an SRK doing it on wakeup every single time - make me laugh every time I play them.

"Okay, I've blocked and punished his wakeup SRK the past five times. There's no way he's stupid enough to try it yet again, so this time instead of blocking I'm going to do an LP buttstomp -- Oh, okay then. He did another SRK."

BitchTits

Finished all Chun-Li's hard trials. I've now done Dan, Dhalsim, Rose and Chun-Li :D

The Hazanshu -> Super looked hard but I got it pretty quick, and I thought #4 and #5 were easier than #2. Seth's are also quite easy so far (I'm upto #4), and actually quite useful in game, which a lot of them haven't been.

MIMIC

Banned
BitchTits said:
Finished all Chun-Li's hard trials. I've now done Dan, Dhalsim, Rose and Chun-Li :D

The Hazanshu -> Super looked hard but I got it pretty quick, and I thought #4 and #5 were easier than #2. Seth's are also quite easy so far (I'm upto #4), and actually quite useful in game, which a lot of them haven't been.

Chun's last trial was really trying for me. There are just so many damn moves in it! :lol

Won

Ah crap, I was sooo close to win my first G2 tournament. 1% was missing. Abel is now on my hate list. Grrrrrrr.
Probably one of my closest, most even games I played. Too bad I'm not allowed to upload the replay as loser. :(

Top Bottom