• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

TurtleSnatcher said:
So anyone going to EVO?

I may book my tickets in the next few weeks and book a room.

I wouldn't mind splitting a room with someone.. Goes to $40.00 a night on weekends and $20 on any other day.

I'll be there but my parents live in Vegas, so I got a place to stay.

Dartastic said:
I have to ask; how shitty ARE the standard SF4 sticks? Gamestop FINALLY got one in, and I'm thinking of swinging by to pick it up instead of waiting for the TE stick. Help me, GAF.

Buy it immediately. If you're not satisfied, you can buy sanwa parts (same in TE) and it's the EASIEST mod job ever since you only need a screwdriver.

Dartastic said:
I have to ask; how shitty ARE the standard SF4 sticks? Gamestop FINALLY got one in, and I'm thinking of swinging by to pick it up instead of waiting for the TE stick. Help me, GAF.
they're decent. if you get a later run, i'm sure it'll be fine and won't fuck up or whatever.

Dartastic

FindMyFarms said:
Buy it immediately. If you're not satisfied, you can buy sanwa parts (same in TE) and it's the EASIEST mod job ever since you only need a screwdriver.

THANK YOU! On my way to trade KZ2 towards it... :D

Stabby McSter said:
they're decent. if you get a later run, i'm sure it'll be fine and won't fuck up or whatever.

They got it in yesterday. They're holding it until the end of the day for me. =D

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
TimeKillr said:
The Soul Throw?

It's a horrible, HORRIBLE move. It actually has no priority whatsoever.

You have to psychic Soul Throws for it to be any useful.

Really? Ive had my ex Hurricane kicks grabbed out of mid-air by that thing.

Dartastic said:

They are fine. And I'm sure whatever factory issues are ironed out by now. Regardless, it's stupid easy to mod. So, order the parts and in a matter of a week you technically have a TE quality stick with your modded SE.

C- Warrior said:
They are fine. And I'm sure whatever factory issues are ironed out by now. Regardless, it's stupid easy to mod. So, order the parts and in a matter of a week you technically have a TE quality stick with your modded SE.
Where are you ordering parts from that arrive within a week?

Akihabara shop delivers fast if you choose EMS shipping. It took a little under a week to be delivered to me.

Best shipping service in ZA WARUDO!!

TimeKillr

_dementia said:
They're backed up and no longer taking orders now

Yeah, it's pissing me off. :(

I had leftover Sanwa OBSF-30s so I put them in my 360 SE stick but I'm anxiously waiting for them to reopen so I can get a stick... I won't use that shitty one.

MIMIC

Banned
FUCKIN YES!

316ximh.jpg

Hard trials left to complete: Sakura, Dan, Fei Long, Akuma, Gouken & Seth

YakiSOBA

Local ebgames had TE sticks in stock, I picked up 2! Canceled my order with videogamecentral asap! :) WOOOOT let the ages of sore thumbs be forgotten, and a new age of learning how to play on an arcade stick begin!!!!! :D :D :D :D

toneroni

McBradders said:
My Xbox just red-ringed :(
welcome to the club..
I never even got to try out the new modes :(

Strongly considering just picking up the ps3 version and some controllers for it.
Might get the ps3 version of blazblue also...but have some awesome 360 sticks/pads ugh

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
toneroni said:
welcome to the club..

Strongly considering just picking up the ps3 version and some controllers for it.
Might get the ps3 version of blazblue also...but have some awesome 360 sticks/pads ugh

Me too, but I have a Saturn USB controller, gonna pick up a copy tomorrow and start again from scratch... ugh.

Rotanibor

Level 8 Boss said:
There's a srk shortcut now, down-towards x2 and punch which messes a lot of people up. The way I do this combo is to ensure that my thumb is at the towards part of the controller before pressing punch. So instead of down towards MK down, down towards punch I go down towards MK, down, down towards, forward - punch.

I didn't explain that very well, but hopefully you understand me.

Actually I know all about that. In training mode I checked my imputs, and I was doing the same imput every time, yet sometimes I was getting shoryukens. I was pointing forwards at the end and everything. I think its because I'll start by tapping forward sometimes, just to get into range with my c.mk, but it counts that imput as the forward of the regular shoryuken imput. I am thinking I just can't inch foward when trying to do that combo at this point.

toneroni said:
welcome to the club..

Get your sticks dual modded! Extremely convenient in case a buddy has a diff version or if you ever go to tourneys.

Threi said:
how the hell do you do a roll into a falling sky without it becoming a super?

Right after inputting the roll make sure you get back to neutral before you start buffering the falling sky motion.

McBradders said:
My Xbox just red-ringed :(
Oh man.. if my XBOX Red Ringed Id run out and buy another.. and send the other for repair.. I'm that much of a paranoid freak. :lol

BTW: If anyone is going to EVO.. Send me a PM.. If you want to split a room.

I will probably be arriving a few days early to soak in some Vegas time.. Then be heading out a day or two after EVO.

toneroni

FindMyFarms said:
Get your sticks dual modded! Extremely convenient in case a buddy has a diff version or if you ever go to tourneys.
that sounds like the next step. Gotta find someone to do it since mine would blow up if i tried to :lol
Maybe a saturn controller is the way to go...

TurtleSnatcher said:
Oh man.. if my XBOX Red Ringed Id run out and buy another.. and send the other for repair.. I'm that much of a paranoid freak. :lol

BTW: If anyone is going to EVO.. Send me a PM.. If you want to split a room.

I will probably be arriving a few days early to soak in some Vegas time.. Then be heading out a day or two after EVO.
if i find a 360 cheap enough I might do it...not sure what I would do with 2 360s though?

Still considering EVO as well...oh yeah, do you gamble?

Threi

notag
FindMyFarms said:

Right after inputting the roll make sure you get back to neutral before you start buffering the falling sky motion.
I'm using a pad

toneroni said:
that sounds like the next step. Gotta find someone to do it since mine would blow up if i tried to :lol
Maybe a saturn controller is the way to go...

if i find a 360 cheap enough I might do it...not sure what I would do with 2 360s though?

Still considering EVO as well...oh yeah, do you gamble?

Of course. I actually go to Vegas pretty much every year for our yearly conference :)

Threi said:
I'm using a pad

Then don't touch the pad briefly for a quick second and do the motion.. or try buffering in a different direcction then starting the motion quickly after that random motion?

I'm just guessing here :p I use a pad as well.

Ploid 3.0

MIMIC said:
FUCKIN YES!

316ximh.jpg

Hard trials left to complete: Sakura, Dan, Fei Long, Akuma, Gouken & Seth

Why are you putting yourself though so much pain? It's almost transferring over to me, seeing your posts are like thinking about nails on a chalkboard. I have a friend trying to get platinum trophies, and it's the same thing there. He's putting himself through torture to max out a game he rented, and won't play anything else. It seem so horrible, 0 unlocks (if they unlocked the alternate costumes I'd understand and would be doing it too).

BigAT

I gave up on this game for a bit due to the frustration I was suffering from getting my ass handed to me constantly while maining Sagat and Balrog. Picked it back up recently with the release of the patch and I went to work learning Blanka instead. I've got to say, I'm enjoying everything about it a lot more. I win much more frequently and even when I lose, it's at least quite competitive. I feel much more in control during matches instead of just firing off tiger shots constantly. Plus Blanka's moves are a lot easier to execute using the 360 controller, which is what I'm stuck using.

daegan

346 matches. 29 wins. :(

what on earth do i do to get better?

(besides learn a character other than sakura :/ which I am willing to do but...don't really want to too much.)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
McBradders said:
Me too, but I have a Saturn USB controller, gonna pick up a copy tomorrow and start again from scratch... ugh.
Are you gonna start playing on PS3 ?
Send me an invite if you want to play against El Fuerte

daegan said:

(besides learn a character other than sakura :/ which I am willing to do but...don't really want to too much.)

If you can try recording a match and post it up here. You'll be able to get lots of constructive criticism that way.

McBradders

daegan said:

I would seriously consider switching up to someone who is a little easier to use. Not that Sakura is all bad, but she is pretty hard to be effective with.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
McBradders said:
I would seriously consider switching up to someone who is a little easier to use. Not that Sakura is all bad, but she is pretty hard to be effective with.
mhmh do you believe in that 'play to win' mentality ?
If you like Sakura design or gameplay design, you should keep playing with her even if she is bottom tier.

*Hugs El Fuerte*

"I would seriously consider switching up to someone who is a little easier to use. Not that Sakura is all bad, but she is pretty hard to be effective with."

I don't think switching to a different character will show any improvement. I think FindMyFarms has the right idea.

Damn I've gotten a hell of a lot better in the last couple days. I've been tick throwing, poking, faking, and doing cross-ups that don't land me in a heap of shit. :lol

Teknopathetic said:
"I would seriously consider switching up to someone who is a little easier to use. Not that Sakura is all bad, but she is pretty hard to be effective with."

I don't think switching to a different character will show any improvement. I think FindMyFarms has the right idea.

Agreed.. post some replays or explain some scenarios. Also watching some videos gives you a great idea of what to mimic in situations you may be encountering.

Sakura is tricky but she is pretty freaking lethal with her EX Tatsu and juggles.

McBradders

Teknopathetic said:

I just think there are better characters to get fundamentals down with before switching to such a disadvantaged character.

Fersis said:
mhmh do you believe in that 'play to win' mentality ?
If you like Sakura design or gameplay design, you should keep playing with her even if she is bottom tier.

*Hugs El Fuerte*

:lol no

I posted my stats earlier in the thread, they suck XD

Won

I think that's it for me with championship mode. It was nice as long it lasted, but I didn't fight one interesting person today. Looks like the good people moved on to higher ranks and scrubby me is stuck with people that don't want to get better at the game. :/

dralla

for balrog players, is there anything specific you can do after you land the headbut if you don't have ultra/super stored? since he has no cross up it's sort of a strange situation

iam220

Won said:
I think that's it for me with championship mode. It was nice as long it lasted, but I didn't fight one interesting person today. Looks like the good people moved on to higher ranks and scrubby me is stuck with people that don't want to get better at the game. :/

Well you DO want to get better right? So when that happens you'll be up there playing with the good players. Until then you fight with those who are on your level. I for one think it's brilliantly designed.

Fersis

McBradders said:
I just think there are better characters to get fundamentals down with before switching to such a disadvantaged character.

:lol no

I posted my stats earlier in the thread, they suck XD
I just played against a great Sagat, remember what i told you about picking your character ?
Forget about it just pick Sagat:lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Ploid 3.0 said:
Why are you putting yourself though so much pain? It's almost transferring over to me, seeing your posts are like thinking about nails on a chalkboard. I have a friend trying to get platinum trophies, and it's the same thing there. He's putting himself through torture to max out a game he rented, and won't play anything else. It seem so horrible, 0 unlocks (if they unlocked the alternate costumes I'd understand and would be doing it too).

That's why I've barely touched that mode. It doesn't help your game at all either. All the effort spent in that could be used to learn the metagame and yomi aspects of Sf4.
Then again, I'm not a national championship level player, so take my advice with a huge grain of salt.

Oh, I hate Sagat too, but I've got like an 80% win percentage against him, maining Honda, so I can't be doing all that bad.

Alivor

I've been getting progressively better with Gen. I win about half of my matches with him now, and I get some pretty colorful matches when people lose to Gen.

When I'm tired of losing with Gen, I'll use Zangief and win about 90% of my matches.

arstal said:
That's why I've barely touched that mode. It doesn't help your game at all either. All the effort spent in that could be used to learn the metagame and yomi aspects of Sf4.
Then again, I'm not a national championship level player, so take my advice with a huge grain of salt.

Oh, I hate Sagat too, but I've got like an 80% win percentage against him, maining Honda, so I can't be doing all that bad.

It helps with execution. Plus, Capcom nerfed that yomi yogi stuff in sf4.

YakiSOBA

im LOVING the TE stick, no more freaking sore thumbs!!! i can practice 24/7 YES!

btw, how do u guys hold the joystick, its kind of small!

Top Bottom