• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Rummy Bunnz said:
Finland rocks. It's gonna sound weak but there was some input lag on my end but it wasn't nearly enough to excuse my sad performance! So please come and pummel me again if I pop up. That goes for everyone! Unless you're gonna be a runaway Ryu. I've had enough of those today!

Hmm, most likely there was some noticeable input lag. Next time I'll have test it a little bit more. Both players should have the same input lag, but I guess I was too busy countering to notice the lag ;)

Brobzoid said:
I don't think so. I wasn't able to upload a replay with this last tournament and I most certainly broke my previous CP record.

Well the other requirement is that your cp has to be in the top X or something. Sometimes also you'll get an upload error. Damn u capcom.

edit - beaten

Threi

notag
_dementia STOP WHIFFING YOUR ULTRA GODDAMNIT I WANT TO GET HIT BY SWIRLY FIRE LEGS OF DOOM

aside from that ggs :lol . I was getting a little bit too experimental with Abel, and as you could tell that was my first time using Chun in a match. I was trying to set up the EX legs > ultra but always failed :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
lately after losses i've been messaging "don't feel bad about losing to me, i'm one of the best street fighter pros on the west coast."

Timedog said:
lately after losses i've been messaging "don't feel bad about losing to me, i'm one of the best street fighter pros on the west coast."

Socal player? Who do you main?

Also, random questoin ive been meaning to ask. What are those 10 years too late/early or whatever achievements in reference to?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Timedog said:
What strength! But don't fo get there are many other gulls like you all obah the wuld!

KevinCow

Banned
Freshmaker said:
What strength! But don't fo get there are many other gulls like you all obah the wuld!
I watched a video of someone playing the first Street Fighter a while ago. He beat Gen with one Shoryuken. :lol

I need some help on my wake up game.

Especially since I don't use a character with a reliable wake - up, it seems I get thrown a lot after recovery.

I basically can only do two things, back dash - or block on wake up. Is there anyway to block but also strum the tech throw? Or should I pop up with a throw? Would that beat an attack?

It just really seems so fuckin rock paper scissors, there has to be a way to even the playing ground.

Also, I am at a FUCKIN LOSS when I fight Blanka with my Vega. The only way to punish him after blocked blanka balls is the EX wall dive to izuna drop.

and dementia, what is your XBL tag, I want to play some matches against you.

daegan

What's a cheap way to get video of one of my matches to put up so everyone can be as amused as I am? Would a digital camera suffice if I'm looking for constructive feedback?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So like, I just booted up SFIV. And got this.

1z5hrg6.jpg

I reset to dashboard, and rebooted the game to see if it was just a simple error. Nope. Same message. Now, everything I had is gone. 130+ hours of game time.

Basically this but with more wins and losses since then from championship mode.
2nuiyk6.jpg

All 800 achievements I had, every unlocked characters, videos, artwork, titles, icons, BP, extremely difficult to complete hard trials, etc, down the drain. It's as if playing the game from scratch. I don't know what happened but I'm pissed.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kadey said:

1z5hrg6.jpg

I reset to dashboard, and rebooted the game to see if it was just a simple error. Nope. Same message. Now, everything I had is gone. 130+ hours of game time.

2nuiyk6.jpg

All 800 achievements I had, every unlocked characters, videos, artwork, titles, icons, BP, extremely difficult to complete hard trials, etc, down the drain. It's as if playing the game from scratch. I don't know what happened but I'm pissed.

Sucks bro, but everyone gets visited by the save corruption genie in their lives.

Then, we start making backups :D

Woo just made it to G2-E. Did it by beating th stupidest Zangief ever. He didn't throw whatsover. Just jumped in and did his lariat thing. At least is taught me something, a naked spiral arrow to a zangief who can't throw is completely safe since his recovery in normals is totally weak. i kept doing SA and following up with crouch kicks, lolz

Now onto G2...you lose GP in this tourney mode right? I have a feeling it's back to the old kens and sagats again -_-

NeoUltima

myDingling said:
Woo just made it to G2-E. Did it by beating th stupidest Zangief ever. He didn't throw whatsover. Just jumped in and did his lariat thing. At least is taught me something, a naked spiral arrow to a zangief who can't throw is completely safe since his recovery in normals is totally weak. i kept doing SA and following up with crouch kicks, lolz

Now onto G2...you lose GP in this tourney mode right? I have a feeling it's back to the old kens and sagats again -_-
Nope you don't lose any, but you don't get that +1 for losing in the first match.

Ronabo

Man Kadey that sucks. All I can say is I have a copy of my save on my memory card and HD.

I wish saves could be shared. :(

Kadey said:

http://i39.tinypic.com/1z5hrg6.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2nuiyk6.jpg[IMG]

All 800 achievements I had, every unlocked characters, videos, artwork, titles, icons, BP, extremely difficult to complete hard trials, etc, down the drain. It's as if playing the game from scratch. I don't know what happened but [I]I'm pissed[/I].[/QUOTE]

Did you ragequit while the game was saving data? :p j/k

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
myDingling said:

G2 you don't see the Kens, but you do see the Sagats, the smarter Giefs, and the Boxers and Dictators.

Had a real good run with Honda tonight- Was about 2 pixels away from winning 20 straight matches, and beat a couple of famous players in the mix as well, though I doubt they were using their mains. I really hate the Honda/Claw matchup though now- had that a ton of times. Honda has to bait things out like mad in that.

NeoUltima

Umm can any1 else get onto PS3 SF4 online? I'm signed into PSN and everything but it keeps telling"Lost Connection to the Playstation Network" ....

entraik

Banned
Kadey said:

1z5hrg6.jpg

2nuiyk6.jpg

http://poststuff5.entensity.net/050109/flash.php?media=tiger.flv

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

entraik

Banned
i had originally a link copied and pasted for this thread.. then a friend sent me this link and i copyand pasted that to another im... and proceeded to copy and paste it here.. not knowing that i had the wrong link copy and pasted. :/

Top Bottom