• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Won said:
NO NOT TRUE DON'T TELL THEM ALL THE SECRETS OMG WHAT DO I DO NOW?

I hate backdash invincibilty. :(

Haha, actually if you make the backdash read, that's a free RSF for u :p A little hard to do since most people don't backdash till they see you air born, but a great punish if you catch them gettin sloppy.

Won

FindMyFarms said:
Haha, actually if you make the backdash read, that's a free RSF for u :p A little hard to do since most people don't backdash till they see you air born, but a great punish if you catch them gettin sloppy.

But RSF is for scrubs! I'm not abusing that design mistake!

But seriously now, I hope more people learn that backdash thing. Need some reson to actually bother with the buster throw.

Imm0rt4l

man, I've missed out on playing gaffers having been banned for the last 3 months. can someone invite me to the gaf sf4 chat? GODHAND04, I'm a Gouken player though not a great one only won one G2 tournament.

"But RSF is for scrubs! I'm not abusing that design mistake!"

RSF is not that big a deal at all. It's the only way fuerte can eek out a combo bigger than like what, 25%? Outside of getting a lucky ultra off.

Teknopathetic said:
"But RSF is for scrubs! I'm not abusing that design mistake!"

RSF is not that big a deal at all. It's the only way fuerte can eek out a combo bigger than like what, 25%? Outside of getting a lucky ultra off.

But it lasts forever! If you ever use infinitz on me tekno imma rage u!!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
FindMyFarms said:
Just tell em to stop playing cheap, then u should win pretty easy
Even I with my infinite bad playing have little problems with a Seth. He takes damage like a punk and his ultra/super are easy to dodge. I just play a little fireball game with him and then tend to get behind him and ram Sakura's fist up his ass.

Arde5643

Won said:
NO NOT TRUE DON'T TELL THEM ALL THE SECRETS OMG WHAT DO I DO NOW?

I hate backdash invincibilty. :(
Interesting thing about backdash - once you train opponents to backdash consistently, you actually have more mix-up options.

c.HK, f.MK, delayed tortilla propeller/splash, FA lvl 2 (a bit more risky though), run stop and do RSF (do a run back first to trick them, and then run forward as they backdash).

If the backdash makes c.HK or f.MK whiff, you have the advantage in recovery frames where they'll have to guess again what you're going to do.
A somewhat late c.HK usually catches backdashers as well.

Of course, once that happens a couple of times, they'll stop backdashing and you have to go the regular mix-up route again.

RevenantKioku said:
Even I with my infinite bad playing have little problems with a Seth. He takes damage like a punk and his ultra/super are easy to dodge. I just play a little fireball game with him and then tend to get behind him and ram Sakura's fist up his ass.

you sir have never played "QisTopTier" before. that guy's Seth ass rapes people left and right, i'm lucky to go 5-10 against him.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
I alt Cammy. I don't think she has a weak matchup. I got my 10 ranked win achievement with her. I actually went on a 39 win streak with her at that time.

Post a match, we'll see what's up. If you're just flowcharting her, it's pretty easy to get beat. She can be as generic and predictable as Ryu/Ken if you're not careful to keep mixing it up.

Some of it is frustration on my part. I used to be better with her on pad, but this transition to stick is still hurting. I think it's mostly just an execution thing, especially at crucial moments. my earlier post was some rage at her uphill battles against a decent amount of the cast, but that's what comes with the territory with her anyway. I like her moveset too much to completely give up on her, I've just got to get better on this damn square gate. I think my Guile is better than it was before, but QCF'ers are just not where they used to be yet. I'll still try to get capture equipment though.

And I think she definitely has some bad matchups, Honda, Balrog, and Gief at the top of the list. The first two have a lot more defensive options than she has offensive ones, and their risk/reward is better than hers. Fighting Gief without a fire ball can be hell, if only because a smart Gief will turtle on her once he gets a life lead. You have to risk a lot to try and get the lead back, and one mistake, there goes the match. You can't really force him into mistakes, since she has no safe chip at all. I don't mind any of the shotos at all, she can get through their distance pressure. Guile is also apparently a tough one for a lot of Cammy's - EX FK beats every move of hers except a well timed spike - but I know most of Guile's game so it's not a huge problem for me during most fights. I can see why it's a bitch though, he has one of the best distance games in SFIV and the fastest recovery on his FB.

At least I can Cspike - FADC - Cspike again. I'm going to try the touch and go method with her again instead of full out rushdown, maybe that'll do the trick.

RedAssedApe

Banned
RevenantKioku said:

Either you're a god with Sakura or you haven't played any good Seths. :D

Btw. I use Honda so its tough even getting close. That jumping fierce is annoying as fuck. Its tough to corner him at all since he has a wall jump and teleport. Once he has super or ultra I can't jump over sonic booms anymore. I could FADC but that can be risky crouching fierce.

EraldoCoil said:
you sir have never played "QisTopTier" before. that guy's Seth ass rapes people left and right, i'm lucky to go 5-10 against him.

Haha if only he posted on gaf. All you need to know about his beastliness is that someone actually wrote a BLOG entry dedicated to how he got destroyed by QisTopTier ROFL

GafChat's finest

Let's hope he doesn't pull his Rufus out on us haha.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
I alt Cammy. I don't think she has a weak matchup. I got my 10 ranked win achievement with her. I actually went on a 39 win streak with her at that time.

Post a match, we'll see what's up. If you're just flowcharting her, it's pretty easy to get beat. She can be as generic and predictable as Ryu/Ken if you're not careful to keep mixing it up.

Cammy most DEFINITELY has bad matchups. I'll go the easy route and point out Sagat :p

BTW 39 wins in a row = ur playing scrubs with your Cammy

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
EraldoCoil said:
Yeah, seen dude in GAFChat but never played.
henhowc said:
Either you're a god with Sakura or you haven't played any good Seths. :D
Can I go with option 3 of Idiot Savant moments? No? Then the latter.

FindMyFarms said:
Haha if only he posted on gaf. All you need to know about his beastliness is that someone actually wrote a BLOG entry dedicated to how he got destroyed by QisTopTier ROFL

GafChat's finest

never played his rufus before, his honda royally kicked my ass, guy's got amazing skill, and it's all done on a Pad too.

props to every single Pad warrior out there.

Yeah, seen dude in GAFChat but never played.

next time you see him in there, play a few matches against em and witness an amazing seth.

LakeEarth

FindMyFarms said:

GafChat's finest

I really gotta learn how to punish Rufus. So many online do a galactic tornado, and immediately follow it with an EX Messiah Kick, and I have no idea how to punish either. I figured I can jump back and if he goes for the trip it whiffs, goes for the overhead I hit him, goes for flash-kick light and I keep blocking, but I need something better than that.

Xevren

I fought a good Rufus earlier for the first time and I dont even know what to do either for the most part. EX Messiah seems to win over everything!

Killa Sasa said:
Cammy stuff

I think Cammy's biggest strength is just being able to just walk forward and hold position no matte what. She has such good zoning and spacing abilities. I wouldn't say to touch and go, but to stop and go. Go forward, establish position and space, then go forward again. Make them uncomfortable you know? You can back off a bit, but make sure they always know that now matter where they move or what they do, you're going to have control!

LakeEarth said:
I really gotta learn how to punish Rufus. So many online do a galactic tornado, and immediately follow it with an EX Messiah Kick, and I have no idea how to punish either. I figured I can jump back and if he goes for the trip it whiffs, goes for the overhead I hit him, goes for flash-kick light and I keep blocking, but I need something better than that.

Rufus' GC is safe on block, both ex and normal. The first part of Messiah kick(ex and normal) is punishable on block, free damage for u ;)

Xevren said:
I fought a good Rufus earlier for the first time and I dont even know what to do either for the most part. EX Messiah seems to win over everything!

Not seems to, it just does lol! It has opening invincibility frames.

LakeEarth

FindMyFarms said:
Rufus' GC is safe on block, both ex and normal. The first part of Messiah kick(ex and normal) is punishable on block, free damage for u ;)
You mean reversal right before the high/low/overhead option at the end of it? There's space in between those two moves? I don't know how to punish the low/overhead enders.

LakeEarth said:
You mean reversal right before the high/low/overhead option at the end of it? There's space in between those two moves? I don't know how to punish the low/overhead enders.

Yes sir. I don't know how to punish the enders either, but that's only cuz Rufus never gets there :p

LakeEarth

I could probably fit a Tornado Throw in there, that's something I wish I knew a while ago. The last 2 Rufus's I faced EX Messiah Kick'd after every wakeup. They won't be anymore, mwhahaha! Thanks for the tip.

Ploid 3.0

FindMyFarms said:

GafChat's finest

Wow didn't know he wasn't from gaf, and that he's popular (although I did hear he played that Korean SF4 ryu guy from the gamestop tournament). I played him a lot and I can also chime in on how awesome his Seth is. It's such a beast and scary, he has a curly mustache combo rotation. He beats you up in a circular motion around the screen. All of his abilities seem to link into each other, it's crazy. When I learned how to stop them a bit he got pissed and improvised getting me in a whole new rotation of beatdown.

I said it before, I need to get this guy on tape. Wish I wasn't afraid of using my saturn pad for fear that the superglue won't hold up. I'd play sf4 again and get him on youtube.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Wow didn't know he wasn't from gaf, and that he's popular (although I did hear he played that Korean SF4 ryu guy from the gamestop tournament). I played him a lot and I can also chime in on how awesome his Seth is. It's such a beast and scary, he has a curly mustache combo rotation. He beats you up in a circular motion around the screen. All of his abilities seem to link into each other, it's crazy. When I learned how to stop them a bit he got pissed and improvised getting me in a whole new rotation of beatdown.

I said it before, I need to get this guy on tape. Wish I wasn't afraid of using my saturn pad for fear that the superglue won't hold up. I'd play sf4 again and get him on youtube.

Yeah he doesn't actually have an account, but he said he lurks a lot. SUP QISTOPTIER

MIMIC -

I watched your video.. tried your technique and it doesnt work :(

I turned on input display and it says I'm hitting LP twice.. Once for the run and once seperately by itself to stop then FP.. but then everytime he keeps doing fucking Fajita Busters.

God damnit.. I dont get it :(

man Blanka is starting to get boring to use, i keep going back to viper but it's almost too overwhelming, i can pull off the trials and moves in training but when it comes to a real match all that shit goes out the window. i think i might switch back to Rose for a bit, fucking every fight is a uphill battle with her.

EraldoCoil said:
man Blanka is starting to get boring to use, i keep going back to viper but it's almost too overwhelming, i can pull off the trials and moves in training but when it comes to a real match all that shit goes out the window. i think i might switch back to Rose for a bit, fucking every fight is a uphill battle with her.

Dude, Ryu!! What's stopping you from picking him up?

Or, since I notice you like keep away, why not try Akuma?

Killa Sasa said:
Seriously considering giving up on Cammy. Her bag of tricks only goes so far. Not only that, I'm really streaky with her; I'll destroy a couple guys in a row, then get perfected/ultra'd/ make stupid mistakes that cost me 60% of me life (Go to hell Zangief and Sagat).
Hey! You sound like me! And just about every other Cammy player online. We all have days like this!

Killa Sasa said:
And I think she definitely has some bad matchups, Honda, Balrog, and Gief at the top of the list. The first two have a lot more defensive options than she has offensive ones, and their risk/reward is better than hers. Fighting Gief without a fire ball can be hell, if only because a smart Gief will turtle on her once he gets a life lead. You have to risk a lot to try and get the lead back, and one mistake, there goes the match. You can't really force him into mistakes, since she has no safe chip at all. I don't mind any of the shotos at all, she can get through their distance pressure. Guile is also apparently a tough one for a lot of Cammy's - EX FK beats every move of hers except a well timed spike - but I know most of Guile's game so it's not a huge problem for me during most fights. I can see why it's a bitch though, he has one of the best distance games in SFIV and the fastest recovery on his FB.
Yeah, Cammy totally has bad matchups, and Balrog has to be worst of all. Honda I dunno...I've lost terribly to some really good ones but it was usually because I was playing like a damned idiot. I can see how he'd be ruff though. I feel like I have an advantage over most Giefs and usually only lose when I go 'HEY HE'S ALMOST DEAD LET'S DO HK DRILL IT'LL BE FUN' and then get killed by an ultra. But most Giefs really suck. Early on Guile was a nightmare for me but nowadays I don't sweat him much. Mostly cuz most Guiles dunno how to avoid ex hooligan. Haw haw! Thank goodness for that!

My most dreaded matchup right now is Ryu, though. Only because I am really fucking sick of fighting Ryu. So sick I am using obnoxious italics! That all-Ken character selection screen photoshop could use some updating.

At least I can Cspike - FADC - Cspike again. I'm going to try the touch and go method with her again instead of full out rushdown, maybe that'll do the trick.
Yeah, it really FEELS like you should be going full out rushdown with her but it just doesn't work most of the time. I wish it did! Touch and go can still be fun but it's so great to have a real fastpaced OH GOD EVERYONE IS GETTING KICKED IN THE FACE match. I want more of those!

myDingling said:
I just heard a podcast on Gootecks about this. Kinda crazy how tight block string timing is =\ an EX SRK hurts so much and if you're timing aint right you just got eat with hot sauce.
I wish they'd loosen the timing on that shit. And fix some of the goofy move tracking. Yesterday I had a Bison backed into the corner and he somehow did a backwards scissor kick even though I wasn't behind him. It was totally weird.

RevenantKioku said:
Time for my weekly "I think I am going to give up SF4" post!
Okay, so after being beaten by Ken where after blocking a shouryuuken I get my next move beat by, surprise, a shouryuuken, I lose to a Gouken who perfected me by only fireballing me.
Oh God the same "perfected by a fireball-happy Gouken" thing happened to me last night in a player match. I was playing Rufus and at first I was glad that the dude was so hadoken-happy. "I need to improve at getting past fireballs with him so this will be useful!" Then I just couldn't do it and I was crying and I screamed THIS GAME IS SO CHEAP and realized why no one I know in real life bought this damn game. Because it is so CHEAP and everyone playing it is mean. :(

Timedog said:
cr. mk xx ex tatsu into metsu hadouken is my Rushmore.
Doesnt that only work in corners..

Rummy -

Cammy is probably in my top 2 most hated match ups :(

Cannon spike auto corrects directionally unlike DP half the fucking time.. and does too much dmg from a stupid boot.

Fuck her.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TurtleSnatcher said:
Doesnt that only work in corners..

Rummy -

Cannon spike auto corrects directionally unlike DP half the fucking time.. and does too much dmg from a stupid boot.

Fuck her.

yeah.

cr. mk xx ex tatsu in general is awesome against cammy cannon drill spammers

TurtleSnatcher said:

Fuck her.
I see tonnnns of auto correcting DPs. I don't think Cammy has any advantage in that area! And nevermind fucking auto correcting Blanka balls, or the horizontal ones that somehow cross you up as you stand up. That shit makes me mad. :(

I don't often benefit from the auto correction but whenever I do I'm not that happy about it. Unless it's an ultra. Then I laugh and laugh. I wish they'd tweak the correction a whole lot.

Just got back from Taco Cabana with the "crew". Got first at the tourney. Feeling good.

Ended up using Balrog in the finals because my Bison was shutout by another Boxer. Fucking cheap ass character. >:3

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE. So much shit talk at our tourneys.:lol Had to put suckas in their place.

Arde5643

LakeEarth said:
I could probably fit a Tornado Throw in there, that's something I wish I knew a while ago. The last 2 Rufus's I faced EX Messiah Kick'd after every wakeup. They won't be anymore, mwhahaha! Thanks for the tip.
EX Tornado throw is invincible to hit, not sure if EX Messiah Kick has throw invincibility or not like SRKs.

Ploid 3.0

GalacticAE said:
Just got back from Taco Cabana with the "crew". Got first at the tourney. Feeling good.

Ended up using Balrog in the finals because my Bison was shutout by another Boxer. Fucking cheap ass character. >:3

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE. So much shit talk at our tourneys.:lol Had to put suckas in their place.

Haha gratz man!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I don't know who made this but damn did it make me laugh.

pacquiaohattonquit.jpg

Ciel

qistoptier dominates my shit with any character. He got bored with the game or something so he's maining Rose now. First time in about 50 games I've beat him. Hi Q.

MThanded said:
I been gone for 3 months. What is this "gafchat" and how do I get on it?

I'll send you an invite. And Qistoptier is pretty sick. The last time I played him, he raped me with Seth and Blanka.

Mimic, that was a good tutorial.

Zapages

Finally got to G-2-E... Now I can't find many players and if I do I get kicked so badly its just sad... I guess I'll be back when there are more players that are on G2 rank in my area. *sigh*

What's this gafchat thing on PSN????

Jason

Zapages said:
Finally got to G-2-E... Now I can't find many players and if I do I get kicked so badly its just sad... I guess I'll be back when there are more players that are on G2 rank in my area. *sigh*

What's this gafchat thing on PSN????

I hit 2000 GP yesterday I've won like 3 matches since. Not even a sniff of the semis. :lol

Top Bottom