• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Spiderjericho said:
I decided to forsake a little sleep and being bright eyed for my students tomorrow and play a championship bracket.

It went like Ryu, Ken, Ryu (and myself using Ryu). The first two opponents had 1000+ GP (the first 1800, the second 1000). The first was an okay Ryu. The second was a flowchart Ken. I was like WTF. At first, I had no clue what his game plan was until I saw the random Fierce SRKs.

It sure takes a lot of grinding to get to points. But like I was telling my girl today, my biggest problem with this game is I love it but just don't have the time. I looked at my time and it was 69 hours (probably another 20 hours or less on Xbox...most of it single player and challenge).

I listened to the latest Street Fighter podcast, and these players aren't working, they're just playing SF all day. I can't do that with my military instructing job and the woman.

And there isn't a G1? So there's only a G3, G2 and that's it? And since you don't lost GP for losing matches, they should at least have the way you get more points by beating higher GP having opponents.

And I fear this thread is going to slow down once MVC2, Blazblue and KOF XII drop.

Wow, you're really good for someone that's only played for 69 hours lol. I'm sure some competitive players don't have a job, but a good majority of them (especially in Japan) are fully employed. BTW there's definitely a G1 and GS, it's just that you only play against people in the same G as you.

While MVC2, BlazBlue, and KOF 12 are nice attractions, they're nothing but side events to me for Street Fighter 4
and Tekken 6 BR

Spiderjericho said:
I decided to forsake a little sleep and being bright eyed for my students tomorrow and play a championship bracket.

It went like Ryu, Ken, Ryu (and myself using Ryu). The first two opponents had 1000+ GP (the first 1800, the second 1000). The first was an okay Ryu. The second was a flowchart Ken. I was like WTF. At first, I had no clue what his game plan was until I saw the random Fierce SRKs.

It sure takes a lot of grinding to get to points. But like I was telling my girl today, my biggest problem with this game is I love it but just don't have the time. I looked at my time and it was 69 hours (probably another 20 hours or less on Xbox...most of it single player and challenge).

I listened to the latest Street Fighter podcast, and these players aren't working, they're just playing SF all day. I can't do that with my military instructing job and the woman.

And there isn't a G1? So there's only a G3, G2 and that's it? And since you don't lost GP for losing matches, they should at least have the way you get more points by beating higher GP having opponents.

And I fear this thread is going to slow down once MVC2, Blazblue and KOF XII drop.

Priorities bro

Do you want to get good at being a street fighter or not

Sangay said:
Look man its not my fault, I'm just to good with 1 bar lag. My secret jumping hard kick, low hard kick is just a unstoppable tactic!

u sux ;(

MIMIC

Banned
Ha. I feel so badass completing Fuerte's 5th hard trial over and over again :lol And I just realized that you don't even have to perform the RSF as fast as I was showing it in the video (even though I went super fast and super slow). In fact, the faster it is, the harder it becomes to get more than 3.

And holy shit! I can get 3+ more often using the analog stick instead of the dpad. It just feels EXTREMELY weird.

Maybe there IS something to this whole stick > pad thing =p

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yo! How are things! I havent played in forever, about the same time I left the thread, but only because other games need my attention too :) Great to see the thread going strong.

Hows the patch been, general consensus or anything?

Pop On Arrival said:
Priorities bro

Do you want to get good at being a street fighter or not

Unfortunately, I'd get thrown in the brig for dedicating my life to SF and forsaking my military duties. But on the bright side, I'd probably get released around the time Capcom decides to release SFV.

And I agree Find, SFIV is where it's at. I won't play MVC2 (but I will buy it). I've never been a versus fan (since X-Men, Marvel Super Heros, X-men vs. SF, etc).

KOF XII will probably get some of my play time (cuz I love the rushdown).

And seriously, what do these people do for work? Does Daigo just travel from arcade to arcade searching for worthy challengers? How does Justin just beast on the East Coast? I mean, you have to take the subway to CTF, the game costs a dollar to play, etc.

I know the old school dudes like James Chen have normal jobs and don't nearly have the time to devote.

And Saqs is crazy high on that XBL list. He's only a 100 points from the top guy. And our very own Yeb has 11,000.

And are peeps still cheating in Ranked? I saw a guy with 60,000 BP.

I wonder what happened to N33s? It seems like he just dropped off the face of the Earth.

MIMIC said:
Ha. I feel so badass completing Fuerte's 5th hard trial over and over again :lol And I just realized that you don't even have to perform the RSF as fast as I was showing it in the video (even though I went super fast and super slow). In fact, the faster it is, the harder it becomes to get more than 3.

And holy shit! I can get 3+ more often using the analog stick instead of the dpad. It just feels EXTREMELY weird.

Die in the biggest fire in existence near your current residence.

I hate you.

By the way how did you do Fuerte's 4th trial?

I can't get the Heavy Super to hit.. after the crouching MK.

BTW Make a new video with slower pace :(

MIMIC

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:

I hate you.

Normal or Hard?

ETA: N/M. I see it's the hard one. Are you having trouble doing a leg throw instead of a super? Because I went back and that's what I remember was that was keeping me from completing the trial. I just redid it and just forced myself to do an EXTRA QCF after the c. MK

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TurtleSnatcher said:

I hate you.

I did better using his technique but canceling the run with fierce punch instead of light punch.

Timedog said:
I did better using his technique but canceling the run with fierce punch instead of light punch.
??

if you cancel the run with Fierce you will jump and do a Fajita Buster..

And that is my problem. I'm hitting the LP button .. even shows it on the button display yet he keeps doing a fucking fajita buster.. !!!

ETA: N/M. I see it's the hard one. Are you having trouble doing a super instead of leg throw? Because I went back and that's what I remember was that was keeping me from completing the trial. I just redid it and just forced myself to do an EXTRA QCF after the c. MK

Yea I can't get the Super to hit.. Its like the first hard trial where you have to use the LK version for it to hit.. but this one asks for the HK version which is fucking impossible!

Also NEW VIDEO SLOWER METHOD PLZ

Okay.. I took some updated shots from tonight..

This is my real play time.. I don't idle.. I obviously play this game way too much.

3196_100556625398_560865398_2917456_7567145_n.jpg

This is my GP total and Rank (I'm MINI Pez)

3196_100556345398_560865398_2917452_4564681_n.jpg

This is my highest CP total and Rank (I'm MINI Pez)

3196_100556455398_560865398_2917453_7318336_n.jpg

This is how many times I've won in tournaments or gotten runner up. As you can see I have gotten 13 times in G2.. F... M.... L.... Its so frustrating. If I had won those I'd already be G2-C. ARGH!

3196_100556580398_560865398_2917455_5717633_n.jpg

MIMIC

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
??

if you cancel the run with Fierce you will jump and do a Fajita Buster..

And that is my problem. I'm hitting the LP button .. even shows it on the button display yet he keeps doing a fucking fajita buster.. !!!

I think he means that he starts his run with fierce, rather than canceling it with Fierce.

And to prevent from accidentally doing the fajita buster, the two light punches (the LP that starts the run and the LP that stops the run have to have a slight pause in between.

HP > LP (start run) ***PAUSE*** LP (stop run) > HP. Putting them too close together makes the fajita buster execute.

Yea I can't get the Super to hit.. Its like the first hard trial where you have to use the LK version for it to hit.. but this one asks for the HK version which is fucking impossible!

I mapped the HK to my right trigger. It was kinda tough trying to do the super instead of a leg throw but what I did was just tap "down + c. MK" and then tell myself to do an extra QCF so a leg throw doesn't come out.

Also NEW VIDEO SLOWER METHOD PLZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROYv8AFt404 3:56 :)

Jirotrom

MIMIC said:

the fact that you are using the 360 pad amazes me, my stick went out today, and i swear i wanted to slam the pad through a wall when playing with it.

MIMIC said:
I think he means that he starts his run with fierce, rather than canceling it with Fierce.

And to prevent from accidentally doing the fajita buster, the two light punches (the LP that starts the run and the LP that stops the run have to have a slight pause in between.

HP > LP (start run) ***PAUSE*** LP (stop run) > HP. Putting them too close together makes the fajita buster execute.

I mapped the HK to my right trigger. It was kinda tough trying to do the super instead of a leg throw but what I did was just tap "down + c. MK" and then tell myself to do an extra QCF so a leg throw doesn't come out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROYv8AFt404 3:56 :)

I wasn't having issues with the leg throw.. it was like Dan always blocked the Super.

I'm kind of getting your technique. Wish you had a mad catz fightpad.. It almost looks easier to do on the damn 360 controller then the dang fightpad because the fight pads buttons are much bigger =[

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
MIMIC said:

Sorry, yeah, that's what I meant. I don't play with fuerte, I just knew I used a fierce where you used an lp.

MIMIC

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
I wasn't having issues with the leg throw.. it was like Dan always blocked the Super.

You might be doing a medium super instead of a heavy super. I remember reading some of the YouTube comments regarding that trial and if you do a medium, he'll block it. Try it out in training mode with the inputs on to see if you're accidentally doing the medium one.

I'm kind of getting your technique. Wish you had a mad catz fightpad.. It almost looks easier to do on the damn 360 controller then the dang fightpad because the fight pads buttons are much bigger =[

Yeah...I'm looking at the mad catz pad and it does look like it would be hard to do my technique with those bigger buttons. I tried simply TAPPING X and Y (instead of just rolling my thumb from X to Y) and I just can't do it that way :lol

ETA: Tapping with one finger, I can't do it. But I can do it tapping with TWO fingers (index and middle).

OK, I've posted this a few times now but I think this time I mean it! Fuuuck Championship. I quit!* After playing 5 fucking JUMP BACK AND THROW FIREBALL Ryus in a row, and about a dozen more earlier, I actually sent my first hate message. I just let the guy know it was the most boring match I've ever played and he should be ashamed. :(

And before you ask "U MAD?" the answer is yeah, kinda! I'm annoyed!

I can't imagine why anyone would find playing like this fun. Maybe it was all some sort of prank, and tomorrow there will be some hi-larious youtube compilation showing all the suckers who lost to the dude who spent 2 rounds hopping backwards in the corner doing air tastus. But I think the guy was just retarded. Flowchart Kens were sooo much more fun than this.

Rummy Bunnz said:
OK, I've posted this a few times now but I think this time I mean it! Fuuuck Championship. I quit!* After playing 5 fucking JUMP BACK AND THROW FIREBALL Ryus in a row, and about a dozen more earlier, I actually sent my first hate message. I just let the guy know it was the most boring match I've ever played and he should be ashamed. :(

I can't imagine why anyone would find playing like this fun. Maybe it was all some sort of prank, and tomorrow there will be some hi-larious youtube compilation showing all the suckers who lost to the dude who spent 2 rounds hopping backwards in the corner doing air tastus. But I think the guy was just retarded. Flowchart Kens were sooo much more fun than this.

Championship mode man, play to win!

Rummy Bunnz said:

:lol

Hang in there Rummy.. Your like one of the few Gaffers actually on my friends list that I always pay attention to in Ranked/Champ etc :)

@TurtleSnatcher

i have almost the same hours as you, like last time you've posted your statistics.

once KOF XII is out and SNK did a good job on the online game, SF IV will definitely drop in favor to me. so lets see.....

FindMyFarms said:
Championship mode man, play to win!
That's right!

I had a paragraph wondering if anyone actually wins playing like that but I cut it cuz it got really wordy and confusing. But these spazzy, non-offensive strats I keep seeing must work sometimes, right? I'm sure it gets lots of people steamed when their opponent runs away, but I just react like a disappointed parent*. Since I can't give a stern look over the internet I just crouchblock, occasionally flashing my buns and chirping "Weak!". Just wait for them to tire themselves out so I can spank them. Some of them can keep it up for a long time though! They probably eat too much sugar.

I spend too much time trying to figure out the motivations of dumb people. :(

*Against most shotos. I ran into a Balrog doing some sort of hippity hoppity game earlier. I'm sure he was mocking me! And he beat me. His plan worked! Much shame. :(

TurtleSnatcher said:
:lol

Hang in there Rummy.. Your like one of the few Gaffers actually on my friends list that I always pay attention to in Ranked/Champ etc :)
Ah, I meant to include a "*For tonight" at the end of that message! I really like championship when I get a good variety, but I think around prime-time it becomes shoto city and it makes me wanna scream.

I am disappointed to see you've topped my CP rank again. I'll get it back! I beat some crazy high dudes the last few days but keep blowing it in the finals against dudes with 2000GP. Aggh.

MIMIC said:
Confused.. so at 3:56 is how slow I can go for the combo to work? Somehow I don't understandz! You said you were going slower then the video ... but this slow??

I am disappointed to see you've topped my CP rank again. I'll get it back! I beat some crazy high dudes the last few days but keep blowing it in the finals against dudes with 2000GP. Aggh.

Did you see my fucking 2nd place finishes above Rummy?!?! 13!!! 13 SECOND PLACE FINISHES

ARGHHH!!!

Hey, at least you're reaching second place. It's time consuming! I'm at 10 second place finishes, 14 first. I'm glad it doesn't track how many times I lose in the first damn round. I do like how I can check my recent record and see how many damn Ryus, Rogs, and Giefs I played! And Honda...what's with all the really good Hondas recently? Did Mike Ross start a craze?

TurtleSnatcher said:
Did you see my fucking 2nd place finishes above Rummy?!?! 13!!! 13 SECOND PLACE FINISHES

ARGHHH!!!

At first I had a lot more 2nd place finishes also, but lately I've been winning more because more scrubs are moving to G2. Now my stats look like this.
statsss.jpg

Rocky_Balboa said:
At first I had a lot more 2nd place finishes also, but lately I've been winning more because more scrubs are moving to G2. Now my stats look like this.
statsss.jpg
DIAF. Your way better then i am.. Look at your CP :eek:

:(

I fail.

TurtleSnatcher said:
DIAF. Your way better then i am.. Look at your CP :eek:

:(

I fail.

Most of the time CP doesn't mean anything. There is a lot of 10k GP Giefs and Ryus who are pretty easy to beat. That's already 10k CP from the first round. After that it is just luck if you get other people who have collected a lot of CPs.

Hey guys, need some strats:

Fuckin Ryu and Ken players, do the same bullshit -- cross up with a light kick or medium kick, jab, jab to a throw.

And I know it's coming, and I'm holding block and strumming the fucking throw buttons (I figure I might as well eat a few jabs but I'll tech the throw) -- and I still don't tech the fuckin throw.

Please tell me it's just shoto scrubs abusing online lag or something because that routine bullshit is so annoying. And Vega HAS NO anti-air, so I always get stuck in this drab.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Rummy Bunnz said:
Hey, at least you're reaching second place. It's time consuming! I'm at 10 second place finishes, 14 first. I'm glad it doesn't track how many times I lose in the first damn round. I do like how I can check my recent record and see how many damn Ryus, Rogs, and Giefs I played! And Honda...what's with all the really good Hondas recently? Did Mike Ross start a craze?

I blame that latest Arcadia tier listing placing Honda a lot higher then what America rated Honda.

Then again I use honda almost exclusively in champ mode, but I just don't have the obsession to play it enough to get tons of BP. I only play about 1 hr a day max (At 4k GP)

What's with all these top-10 US players trying to play Seth online. I know he's not good, cause I'm beating these guys when they use Seth, and I know I'd get stomped if they took me serious. (Viscant and Fubarduck last two I can remember)

BTW shotos do that crap on Honda about 10 times as much as they do Claw. It's real annoying.

Are you blocking high or low? I dunno anything about Vega but if you're crouch blocking and mashing throw you'll get an option select and if he throws you'll tech, if he doesn't throw you'll get a low short (or jab? I dunno, I know low short comes out for Bison).

Arde5643

Some insane videos from the qualifier rounds to SBO from Japan, guys.

I'll just copy and paste the post from SRK:

ohayo1234 said:
Random fun notes:
-Kokujin(3s Dudley player) plays Ryu in SF4
-This tournament was huge, almost like it was SBO itself
-Dashio(Viper) showed up after the tournament and is the craziest player I've ever played in any fighting game
-Nuki and Daigo lost first round to Akimo(Honda) and Bea(Rufus)

The Grand Finals was a Round Robin between 3 teams

Iyo/Shiro VS FZ/Namameso VS 74/Tsubo

The team with the best score wins the tournament. Iyo and Shiro won.

BUT

This is how it works. There are several tournaments held in a specific region. The Winners of those tournaments have to play in an AREA FINALS. So even though they won a qualifying tournament, the team that finally qualifies has to win the AREA FINALS also in order to acquire a spot at SBO. If you lose, you start over again. Tough huh?

The AREA FINALS was a round robin between 3 teams:

Iyo/Shiro VS Nemo/Mago VS Kuroken/AC Revenger

Nemo and Mago won the AREA FINALS and are heading to SBO

Videos can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/user/icyohayo1234

Typing this shit is such a bitch

The matches between Nemo/Mago vs Iyo/Shiro were quite crazy:
* Mago (SA) lost to Iyo (DH)
* Nemo (CH) wiped out both Shiro (AB) and Iyo (DH)
* AC Revenger (AB) almost wiped out both Nemo (CH) and Mago (SA) here, but missed his FADC -> c.HP combo which cost him the win (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbPiPiT0tdg&feature=channel_page)
* Tiers are whack in this game, maaaan!!

kiryogi

Banned
C- Warrior said:
Hey guys, need some strats:

Fuckin Ryu and Ken players, do the same bullshit -- cross up with a light kick or medium kick, jab, jab to a throw.

And I know it's coming, and I'm holding block and strumming the fucking throw buttons (I figure I might as well eat a few jabs but I'll tech the throw) -- and I still don't tech the fuckin throw.

Please tell me it's just shoto scrubs abusing online lag or something because that routine bullshit is so annoying. And Vega HAS NO anti-air, so I always get stuck in this drab.

No, that's pretty much a flowchart shoto. It annoyed the hell out of me too. I think how I finally got back at it was follow a similar strat to them, but not exactly to throw, but to keep them the fuck away from me. It eventually took the pressure off and made it possible to regain the pace.

On side note, Jwong's become Fatali1y!

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=43&id=1735

Choice quotes:

In the International Finals round of the Tournament, you lost to Daigo Umehara. Tell us about that experience.

I lost to Daigo at the International Exhibition. If that was a real tournament, I would have changed to my counter character. He uses Ryu, and Ryu counter’s Rufus. Don’t get me wrong, Daigo is REALLY good; maybe too good. For someone like me, though, he's just my peer; I know what can beat him and what can't. A lot of people don't know this, but I went to Japan and beat him 10-4.It’s the truth. If someone says it’s a lie I'll go back to Japan again, because I'm going anyway, and I'll beat him again

Tell us about that final round against Mike Ross.

There's not much to tell. He uses E. Honda who actually fights Rufus, but he was not fighting Rufus he was fighting me and that's a no contest.

This has been a great conversation Justin, do you have any parting shots for our readers?

At this year’s EVO Tournament(The World Championship Fighting Tournament held annually in Las Vegas, NV) I will be the one to beat, not Daigo Umehara. It will be there that I will truly defend my status.

Also, I would like to thank all my fans and friends who supported me throughout the years. Most importantly Triforce and Empire Arcadia who have helped me become the professional that I am today. I’d also Evil Controllers. You got to put the plug-ins.

I really look forward to him getting absolutely owned by Daigo come Evo.

MIMIC

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Confused.. so at 3:56 is how slow I can go for the combo to work? Somehow I don't understandz! You said you were going slower then the video ... but this slow??

You can't go THAT slow! :) That's just showing what the combo looks like in slow motion. I don't have the game in right now, but I think the actual tempo for the combo might be a few seconds earlier (like around 3:53).

arstal said:
What's with all these top-10 US players trying to play Seth online. I know he's not good, cause I'm beating these guys when they use Seth, and I know I'd get stomped if they took me serious. (Viscant and Fubarduck last two I can remember)
I wish the game's win percentage tracker didn't count arcade mode cuz without that I'm pretty sure my highest % would be against Seth. I've only lost to Seths online a few times. Most of them seem kinda hopeless and I used to think they were just experienced players getting used to a new character but now I'm not so sure.

kiryogi said:
No, that's pretty much a flowchart shoto. It annoyed the hell out of me too. I think how I finally got back at it was follow a similar strat to them, but not exactly to throw, but to keep them the fuck away from me. It eventually took the pressure off and made it possible to regain the pace.

On side note, Jwong's become Fatali1y!

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=43&id=1735

Choice quotes:

I really look forward to him getting absolutely owned by Daigo come Evo.

But there has to be some better strategy on teching throws from fuckin shotos than just "stay the fuck away"

I don't think I can't tech because of lag issues, I only play on green matches and I get plenty of those. I know in terms of physics there is lag, but -- I don't know. I can beat Sagats, I can beat Giefs, (and with my vega that says a lot) but some random dipshit Ken who figured out his throw routine does the same cross up, jab, jab, throw bullshit. It's really annoying.

kiryogi

Banned
C- Warrior said:
But there has to be some better strategy on teching throws from fuckin shotos than just "stay the fuck away"

I don't think I can't tech because of lag issues, I only play on green matches and I get plenty of those. I know in terms of physics there is lag, but -- I don't know. I can beat Sagats, I can beat Giefs, (and with my vega that says a lot) but some random dipshit Ken who figured out his throw routine does the same cross up, jab, jab, throw bullshit. It's really annoying.

Well when I mean I follow a same strat, it's more like I'm countering by tick throwing them.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
C- Warrior said:

Play MicVlad, he'll teach you to tech throws ;)

really though, if you are smashing throw, it never techs. I only ever have success if I think 'here comes the throw' then throw at same time, not if I just go 'fuck fuck fuck and hammer the throw buttons.

I use blanka though and that makes electricity come out. gets me thrown everytime. push it once at the right time and you're good.

catfish said:

really though, if you are smashing throw, it never techs. I only ever have success if I think 'here comes the throw' then throw at same time, not if I just go 'fuck fuck fuck and hammer the throw buttons.

I use blanka though and that makes electricity come out. gets me thrown everytime. push it once at the right time and you're good.

I'll try that, the problem was I think it was findmyarms or whatever his name here on this thread mentioned to strum the throw buttons while holding block if you think you're going to get thrown. I figured that make sense.

But on your end, the game does punish irregular timing, perfect case and point would be link combos. So there is obviously a system to reward one time press exact timing. I'll try that out.

catfish said:

I actually don't hvae problems teching those kind of throws and set-ups (i.e, the rose/dhalsim sweep to throw).

But Ken/Ryu/Akuma's jab to throw animation is stupidly instantaneous. To the point where I do think online lag is a factor (and I think the online is great and I usually never bitch about lag but I have a feeling the 400 ms delay online causes might just be enough).

Haunts, you in here? Help me man, help me. I need a norcal dude to solve my problems. :lol

"So what's the delay then for a good connection match?"

No clue, it's impossible to really say with a good connection because there's lots of tricks going on to hide the delay as much as possible.

However, 400ms is completely and utterly unplayable and very noticeably so. You're talking about almost *half a second*. It'd be impossible to block or punish or do anything on reaction because you're essentially adding an extra 400ms to your reaction time.

neight

Banned
C- Warrior said:
So what's the delay then for a good connection match?
Fastest human response time is between 100-200ms with slightly over 200ms being average. Around 100ms is optimal but you can probably get away with pushing 200.

Nikashi

Banned
Whoo, ranked up to G3-A finally! I think I might be the only Dan user in Championship on 360, I haven't seen a single other Dan yet o_o

neight said:
Fastest human response time is between 100-200ms with slightly over 200ms being average. Around 100ms is optimal but you can probably get away with pushing 200.

So, a good match should only have about 100 to 200 ms delay response. So that's about 12 frames of delay, shouldn't be too bad. So why the fuck do you have hardc0re dudes like Darksydephil constantly bitching about online play? Unless things like tech throwing you only have fewer than 20 frames to input the tech.

"So, a good match should only have about 100 to 200 ms delay response. So that's about 12 frames of delay, shouldn't be too bad. So why the fuck do you have hardc0re dudes like Darksydephil constantly bitching about online play? Unless things like tech throwing you only have fewer than 20 frames to input the tech."

Not quite. Not only do you have your average human response time of 100-200ms, you've also got to add the delay from online play which could be however many frames extra. Using your throw tech example, you have a 10 frame window to tech a throw from when your opponent inputs the throw command. It's not really that cut and dry because you can anticipate the throw and attempt a throw tech, but yeah, a fairly small window.

A lot of people *hate* to play on certain TVs because of a handful of frames of lag like 3 or 4. 12 frames of lag is *massive*.

Top Bottom