• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MIMIC

Banned
Sailor said:
Ok, so I recently got this game and started playing it today with my sister haha. Both of our first times playing so it was pretty weird for us..we just mashed buttons for a good hour and a half haha.

But seriously, I'm on the 360 and I don't understand the Command List AT ALL. Maybe I should look into the manual as to what those symbols mean >_>" Also, what do you guys recommend as the Control Scheme? I was using the default A, then changed to B for a bit. Is there a good one out of the three, or is it better to go Custom?

You mean like the zigzag thing for Shoryuken (for example)?

Sailor

MIMIC said:
You mean like the zigzag thing for Shoryuken (for example)?

Yea it's so weird how you have to move the control stick for some moves. And the symbols are dumb too, why not just put X/B/Y/A so then I understand how to do a move? I figured out one of the symbols is a boot..which I suppose means kick button but other than that I'm lost :'(

Sailor said:
Yea it's so weird how you have to move the control stick for some moves. And the symbols are dumb too, why not just put X/B/Y/A so then I understand how to do a move? I figured out one of the symbols is a boot..which I suppose means kick button but other than that I'm lost :'(
www.eventhubs.com

Much better.. Click on the SF4 tab and the movements are easier to understand with the arrows.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
BitchTits said:
Not really about buffing him, but does Guile have the least special moves? They've never given him any more. I don't know what else he could use or even need, but it seems like everyone else got extra special moves along the way since SF2:WW except him.
Guile could use some normal moves that push the opponent away from him. f+MP could stand to hit twice too. Dunno if he'd really need much more than that.

Maybe switch his super to that sonic hurricane thinggie?

Arde5643

arstal said:
The more I play SF4 , the more I see it as a good first effort that needs revision. I'm going to look forward to Super SF4, unless they add something stupid.

Changes-
they need to tighten up DPs.
Nerf Ryu/Sagat/Balrog
Buff Fuerte, but take out RSF
Buff Guile, but nerf his air throw
add some blockstun to medium/hard level normals
Maybe allow people to store up 2 Supers
add Adon
give Ken his roll back

I don't complain about Gief, then again Honda vs Gief is the matchup where Gief has to use more tools then any other matchup (it's even or slightly in Gief's favor, but it's a fun matchup if the Gief isn't a robot, and Honda is a good test of Gief's actual skill)

More detailed balance changes to improve the game I can think of :

Gief: reduce range of SPD

Ryu: reduce damage on Ultra.

Sagat: reduce damage on ultra and add more recovery to knees and s.RH so he can't spam it willy nilly.

Fuerte: take out RSF, buff damage (both normal and special attacks) and health, make quesadilla bomb a priority move and change it to an input motion (this way Fuerte can use FADC combo cancels).

Ken: give him faster walking speed, make FA attack faster than Ryu's since it has crappy range, add more damage to non full ultra damage.

Balrog: add more recovery to some of his dash punches so he cannot spam it, add more recovery to cr.RH

Rufus: reduce damage on ultra

Guile: give him his old flash kick priority back, reduce start up on ultra so it works as an anti air and make his ultra more damaging.

Honda: reduce start up on ultra so it works as anti air and fireball killer, reduce start-up on far s.HP so it works as situational anti air (make sure it's not cancellable so it cannot be spammed).

Chun Li: buff health, fix ultra hitbox so it will fully hit on corner

Claw: give his equipments a lot more HP so they don't fall off as easily, reduce start up and add more recovery to scarlet terror, EX scarlet terror should have invincibility on start-up, Claw should be able to juggle after EX Sky High Claw

Abel: EX Sky fall should be invincible to hit so that it can be used as anti air

All other arcade characters can remain the same.

Can't comment on non-arcade characters since I haven't seen too many high level plays of them in tournaments.

Vdragoon

MIMIC said:
I had someone do that do me. I couldn't believe the shit was happening :lol I was almost positive that no character could chain an Ultra off of a combo.

ETA: Went into training mode, and I guess I was wrong. Sagat can do it, too. Can any other character do it?

Ken can do it, too. Maybe I just got some bad info or something :lol

Some characters can j.hk/j.fp into ultra but this is not hit confirmable unless someone is dumb enough to spam fireballs for you to jump over and whoop their ass. So, if you j.hk/j.fp > ultra and whiff you're pretty much gotta get owned.

I am in favor of stocking two Supers, encourage offense
how do you ballance that?
easy: make Ultras allot weaker, that's how, like 50% weaker.
why does Abel have to remove 45% of my health from one single easy to do Ultra?

Vdragoon

hit box collide spd > priority then most moves. doesn't need to be nerfed.

his ultra does ok damage - it's the multitude of ways that he can pull it off that makes it so powerful. damage does not need to be nerfed.

Sagat: reduce damage on ultra and add more recovery to knees and s.RH so he can't spam it willy nilly.

insane stamina, damage, ultra setup and tiger knee removes most of his so called mobility drawback. he needs some fine tuning.

Fuerte: take out RSF, buff damage (both normal and special attacks) and health, make quesadilla bomb a priority move and change it to an input motion (this way Fuerte can use FADC combo cancels).

he does need some love but his mix-up game is insane.

Ken: give him faster walking speed, make FA attack faster than Ryu's since it has crappy range, add more damage to non full ultra damage.

needs more ways to hit with ultra since it has no range whatsoever.

Balrog: add more recovery to some of his dash punches so he cannot spam it, add more recovery to cr.RH

fuk balrog.

ex snake strike and messiah kick damage needs to be scaled down. does way too much damage.

KingJ2002

Freshmaker said:
Guile could use some normal moves that push the opponent away from him. f+MP could stand to hit twice too. Dunno if he'd really need much more than that.

Maybe switch his super to that sonic hurricane thinggie?

yes... they should give him his sonic hurricane back as well.

guile could also use a new normal attack... maybe a counter move ala geese / gouken... where depending on the button pressed your opponent is either knocked back, knocked down, or thrown upward... which will give guile a setup for his ultra (lord knows he need one)

chun li could use her kikosho back too.

zangief should definitely be nerfed.

and let the ultra meter drain away... it would keep the tension up in games while also stop turtling.

plus there needs to be a better audio cue to when it's stocked... nothings worse than delivering a beatdown to a player only for them to catch you with an ultra out of blue.

it's not challenging... just frustrating to deal with.

Zabka

Gimme Supers that are different from Ultras. For some reason all the new characters have Supers that aren't just watered down Ultra moves, but everyone else gets stuck with 2 of the same move. Chun-Li does her damn Kikosho in her intro movie and it's not even in the game.

Give Zangief's Ultra 2 startup frames so that a neutral character can straight jump out of it.

Chop off Sagat's legs

Increase fireball recovery for all characters except Ryu. This game has Super Turbo fireball recovery with slower than World Warrior jump speed. Too easy to turtle and run away.

I'll keep my balance list for Honda to myself. I try not to curse so much on the internet anymore.

Arde5643 said:
More detailed balance changes to improve the game I can think of :

Guile: give him his old flash kick priority back, reduce start up on ultra so it works as an anti air and make his ultra more damaging.

Honda: reduce start up on ultra so it works as anti air and fireball killer, reduce start-up on far s.HP so it works as situational anti air (make sure it's not cancellable so it cannot be spammed).

Chun Li: buff health, fix ultra hitbox so it will fully hit on corner

Claw: give his equipments a lot more HP so they don't fall off as easily, reduce start up and add more recovery to scarlet terror, EX scarlet terror should have invincibility on start-up, Claw should be able to juggle after EX Sky High Claw

Abel: EX Sky fall should be invincible to hit so that it can be used as anti air

All other arcade characters can remain the same.

Can't comment on non-arcade characters since I haven't seen too many high level plays of them in tournaments.

I can't disagree more.

Just alter characters on high tiers and the characters on low tiers. Balrog is fine. Chun-li is fine, Ken is fine (although I do agree on changing Ken a bit to match Ryu, faster FA makes sense for example).

Nerf Ryu, Gief, and Sagat, and improve Vega, lol Dan lol, Gen, Sakura, Rose and maybe Sim.

The middle characters ranging from Balrog to Chun-li/Viper are good, that's the whole point, to get them in that middle range.

dralla

Sagat is really the only person that I'd like to see changed. He has no weakness and he's so easy to use.

and as far as DLC characters, DeeJay from Alpha 3 would be awesome, I think he'd translate late well into SF4. just make sure his ultra isn't the uppercut special from Alpha 3, he'd have no range like Ken

Arde5643

Vdragoon said:

hit box collide spd > priority then most moves. doesn't need to be nerfed.
Gief's SPD is a one frame move - it needs nerf.

his ultra does ok damage - it's the multitude of ways that he can pull it off that makes it so powerful. damage does not need to be nerfed.
Exactly - the easiest way to nerf this is to nerf the damage. Otherwise you'll fuck up things more by changing the properties

he does need some love but his mix-up game is insane.
His mix-up game is pretty bad in terms of damage vs risk. If the opponent guesses right, Fuerte can be punished so badly. There's a reason why he's low tier and not just because of his low health.

ex snake strike and messiah kick damage needs to be scaled down. does way too much damage.
Agreed on this one. Probably not too much though although ultra damage definitely needs to be scaled down.

Zangief:
fuck your hit box, make non-porjectile attack hittable in mid. it is stupid that Honda's Ultra does not touch him at all because Zangief is impervious in mid.

Sagat:
If Tiger Uppercut trades hit, make it impossible to connect to Ultra juggle.
Super Turbo them Tiger shots, slow down that recovery, fuck him.
Reduce stamina
Remove Ultra juggalbility from other moves

Ryu:
reduce Ultra damage by 25%, projectile Ultras/Supers should be weaker than short range Super/Ultras IMO
If dragon punch trades hit, make it impossible to connect to Ultra juggle.
Reduce Damage
Remove Ultra juggability from anything

Ken:
speed up start up of his Ultra. Nothing is more stupid than having a jumper land safely while you slowly start up

Abel:
weaken that stupid easy high damage Ultra, it is way too much for little effort and so much range.
Remove Ultra juggability

Honda:
improve his jab headbutt so it connect a la SF2 even at back of the neck.
increase start up on s.HP, get rid of close HP.
Speed up start up Ultra to make it actually work.
Fix his j.MK belly cross-up to be SF2 like for hit box

Balrog:
add more recovery frames after his Headbutt so he cannot juggle into Ultra.. yaah, if Honda and Blanka cannot juggle to Ultra then fuck Balrog.
Remove Ultra juggability

Vega:
make his Flip Kick actually work.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Arde5643 said:
Gief's SPD is a one frame move - it needs nerf.

No it doesn't. Keep it the way it is, and this is coming from someone who DOESN'T play Gief. The only thing that needs to change is to get rid of the shortcut. That's why people land it so easily in SF4.

Exactly - the easiest way to nerf this is to nerf the damage. Otherwise you'll fuck up things more by changing the properties

Damage doesn't need to be nerfed, leave it alone. Again, coming from someone who doesn't play Ryu, and from someone who mains a character that does not do well against fireball/uppercut characters.

gutter_trash said:
Zangief:
fuck your hit box, make non-porjectile attack hittable in mid. it is stupid that Honda's Ultra does not touch him at all because Zangief is impervious in mid.

Sagat:
If Tiger Uppercut trades hit, make it impossible to connect to Ultra juggle.
Super Turbo them Tiger shots, slow down that recovery, fuck him.
Reduce stamina
Remove Ultra juggalbility from other moves

Ryu:
reduce Ultra damage by 25%, projectile Ultras/Supers should be weaker than short range Super/Ultras IMO
Reduce Damage

Ken:
speed up start up of his Ultra. Nothing is more stupid than having a jumper land safely while you slowly start up

Abel:
weaken that stupid easy high damage Ultra, it is way too much for little effort and so much range.
Remove Ultra juggability

Honda:
improve his jab headbutt so it connect a la SF2 even at back of the neck.
increase start up on s.HP, get rid of close HP.
Speed up start up Ultra to make it actually work.
Fix his j.MK belly cross-up to be SF2 like for hit box

Balrog:
add more recovery frames after his Headbutt so he cannot juggle into Ultra.. yaah, if Honda and Blanka cannot juggle to Ultra then fuck Balrog.
Remove Ultra juggability

Vega:
make his Flip Kick actually work.

Congratulations, you've offered the most odd ideas to fix the game. You basically want to remove all ultra juggles? Hm, no. Just because certain characters can't do, doesn't mean the others should have it removed. The reason why Honda and Blanka can't juggle into it is because it works well enough as stand alone. Honda's is probably the best anti-air ultra. And blanka's is a sure-fire hit if the character is at a certain distance. And I mean, sure-fire, 100%.

The only oddball is Ken's ultra. It has no range, you'd figure it would be a good anti-air, yet has an odd amount of start up time. It's also difficult to FADC into it, with the best result just being a partial ultra hit. Ken's ultra should either remain as is -- and simply do more damage, or remain as is, and improve his focus attack speed/range so that players can land the ultra better afterwards. And if none of that, then make his ultra have faster start up so he can serve as an anti-air.

Arde5643

Oichi said:
No it doesn't. Keep it the way it is, and this is coming from someone who DOESN'T play Gief. The only thing that needs to change is to get rid of the shortcut. That's why people land it so easily in SF4.

Damage doesn't need to be nerfed, leave it alone. Again, coming from someone who doesn't play Ryu, and from someone who mains a character that does not do well against fireball/uppercut characters.
Well, if we don't nerf damage, then getting rid of shortcuts and auto-tracking wake-up specials will probably work better in this case.

Make Sagat's tiger knee go back to the old input method, and yeah, I'd be fine with how it is right now.

gutter_trash said:
Ryu:
Reduce Damage

I don't know about the others but why Ryu? His Ultra doesn't really do that much damage, it's just that he has many ways to land it. But I've personally gotten into many matches where I'd hit a guy with a LP DP->Metsu when he has 30% life left and he's still alive at the end of it. It's like you're asking for his Ultra to be no more powerful then his HP Shoryuken.

Now Sagat's Ultra on the other hand is ridiculous. I've been killed with one when I had like 40% life left and he was almost dead. I know it was full powered, but WTF, is Sagat exempt from "damage scaling" because Ryu's Ultra seems like it'll only do 15% damage even at full strength if the opponent has low health himself.

Let's talk about buffs instead of nerfs. We're all kind of biased against those chars we don't play. Hell if it were up to me I'd take away Blanka's electricity and give Sagat 900 stamina :lol

Cammy - Needs one of the following things 1) Safe SA on block 2) Safe Canon Spike on block 3) Faster startup on SBF 4) Hooligan throws crouching opponent 5) Better juggle options for ultra.

Like 1 or 2 of those improvements above would make her a threat to most.

Also, random Q for cammy players: how do you do her canon strike on the ground to build meter? I always see high level players doing it but I can't figure out the inputs...

Yes, I want Ultra juggles to be removed for good reason

I prefer regular Supers that are Supercancelable and useable in offense arsenal as opposed to selective characters who can use Ultras in juggles while others laughable cannot use them in such matter to the point of owning useless Ultras

why does Balrog of all character be able to juggle in Ultra while Blanka and Honda cannot?
Consider the large charge character class it makes no sense

it is so stupid

anyway, fuck Ultras, just give everyone more regular Supers and reward offense.

gutter_trash said:
why does Balrog of all character be able to juggle in Ultra while Blanka and Honda cannot?
Consider the large charge character class it makes no sense

I just explained to you why. First off, if you're about a punch length away from Blanka when he has a charged ultra, and he launches it, you're fucked. And it does a lot of damage. Honda's is also a sure-fire land. Somebody jumps in towards you? Throw Honda's ultra, it'll connect.

Balrog's Ultra will pretty much only connect when the other person throws a missed Ultra, that's why Balrog's juggle is so crucial. Also, Balrog's Ultra doesn't hit for full damage when juggled from a headbutt, and due to damage scalling after the full J.HP, clp, clp, clk, headbutt -- combo that most Balrog users use, the ultra is scaled back pretty significantly.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So, my stick will be here on Monday apparently.

Anybody who's switched from pad to stick have any tips on adjusting? I don't think I've played a fighting game on a stick since the glory days of arcades. MK, SF, KI, Virtua Fighter and such.

How badly can I expect to get my ass kicked and for how long? :lol

Xevren

Lost Fragment said:

Anybody who's switched from pad to stick have any tips on adjusting? I don't think I've played a fighting game on a stick since the glory days of arcades. MK, SF, KI, Virtua Fighter and such.

It can take awhile, just keep with it and you wont regret. It was pretty ugly for me but after a month I was able to really fly off with it.

Skilotonn said:
So I came across this Seth dominating, and I mean, dominating a Gen practically giving him no chance whatsoever...

Quality is crap, plus whoever uploaded the replay has that stupid rating thing on during the fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zSPPv7wohQ&feature=channel_page

:lol :lol I actually ran into that guy 2 weeks ago and steamrolled his Seth in a tournament match. All I can say really is thank you QisTopTier for helpin me learn that matchup haha. I don't know if the Gen player in that video is any good, but you can tell he's NEVER fought a Seth before because he fell for every single crossup and reset, kinda painful to watch >.<

What's funny is the guy wanted to run it back in player match. The dude was a pretty sore loser, messaged me on PSN saying I got "really lucky." So we did and I went 5-0 on his Seth lol. BUT, it turns out Seth wasn't even his main, he switched to Zangief after those 5 matches and he was a LOT better with him. Which is somewhat ironic, because Seth dominates Zangief heads up lol.

Anyways, if you play on GaFChat, this guy can't touch QisTopTier's Seth.

dralla

Lost Fragment said:

I just recently made the switch. took about 3 weeks

Sailor

TurtleSnatcher said:
www.eventhubs.com

Much better.. Click on the SF4 tab and the movements are easier to understand with the arrows.

Hey thanks :D I'm gonna browse the site tonight.

BTW, what control type do you guys use (for those that play with a standard 360 controller)? Do you set is to A, B, C, or Custom?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
C- Warrior said:
Congratulations, you've offered the most odd ideas to fix the game. You basically want to remove all ultra juggles? Hm, no. Just because certain characters can't do, doesn't mean the others should have it removed. The reason why Honda and Blanka can't juggle into it is because it works well enough as stand alone. Honda's is probably the best anti-air ultra. And blanka's is a sure-fire hit if the character is at a certain distance. And I mean, sure-fire, 100%.

The only oddball is Ken's ultra. It has no range, you'd figure it would be a good anti-air, yet has an odd amount of start up time. It's also difficult to FADC into it, with the best result just being a partial ultra hit. Ken's ultra should either remain as is -- and simply do more damage, or remain as is, and improve his focus attack speed/range so that players can land the ultra better afterwards. And if none of that, then make his ultra have faster start up so he can serve as an anti-air.

Honda's Ultra is too slow to be used as reliable anti-air except in limited situations.

As for Ryu- I can buy the damage buff. Versatile ultras like Ryu's and Rufus's should do less. I'd also nerf his crossup game some.

As for Ken- I'd give him his roll back, as well as maybe his knee bash as a command grab. New game should have a few new moves.

Overall- what I'd do to Honda- EX Oichio would be as useful as a SPD in terms of starrtup/damage. Stand fierce less startup. Ultra would have increased speed/full-screen invincibility to FBs.

Buffs-

Rose: Buff her soul throw, especially EX. F+RH should be overhead. Up her damage overall slightly.

Cammy- hooligan works like STHD. Cannon Strike is overhead attack

Dan. Gets his autograph move as a full screen projectile. Gains a taunt counter

Won

Oh character changes!

My opinion:

Remove Sagat and Zangief from the game and it would be twice as good!

There I said it!

:(

Dreavus

Bought a stick on a bit of a whim today, SE version. EBgames had it in stock, so I decided "what the hell" and ran with it.

Played a bit with it with a friend today, and it's not quite as tough to use as I originally thought. I'm gonna need a ton of practice still, but it doesn't seem like it'll be too hard to get the hang of. The only thing I'm having a lot of trouble with right now is the double quarter circle motions for supers and ultras... hopefully I can alleviate that a bit by jumping into training for an hour or two. :D

Guile: Airthrow from FADC'd Flash Kick OR Airthrow into SB works as a 2 hit Combo :lol
Buff Ultra or at least comboable off Guile High Kick

Cammy: a NORMAL overhead that isn't a jumping attack; a safe chip move

Ken: Roll

Ultra setups are fine for the pole that have like 20, but take away the damn TRADE ones. Pisses me off to no end.

Oichi said:
Yeah! Gief's currently far too easy to use. And kinda boring to play. :( And if anything needs to be nerfed it's the lariat. The hit box on that thing makes no sense at all.

But really aside from the lariat, trading DPs > ultra and other Sagat bullshit I think nerfing is silly. The lesser characters should just be buffed.

arstal said:
Cammy- hooligan works like STHD. Cannon Strike is overhead attack
Hooligan should grab crouching opponents, yeah. But no way should strike be overhead. It would be insanely overpowered. Maybe an overhead c.strike out of the hooligan would be good.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
The G2 bracket is eating me alive. D: I guess that's what I get for maining Cammy. My M. Bison and Blanka tend to do better in G2 matches than Cammy, even though I've used Cammy more than those two combined. The good Chun-Li players are the worst. I have to idea what to do against them and I just get crossed up to death. With other characters, I feel like I have a fighting chance even when I'm Cammy, but against Chun-Li, I just flail about and die horribly.

I'm also rather ticked that I lost the GP from the only G2 championship that I've actually managed to win because the game apparently thought that the final match of the tournament wasn't fully completed even though it gave me the points and put me back on the menu. It wasn't until I had turned the game off and came back to it later that it apparently had a change of heart and took my GP away.

Still, this game is incredibly addictive and I've been playing it almost constantly since it came out. Even if it does sometimes make me angrier than I thought games were capable of making me. :D

hanzo

Banned
Just getting into SF4. I still do not understand FADCing from the tutorials. Anyone have any good links to doing this? SF4 seems way complicated.

comrade

hanzo said:
Just getting into SF4. I still do not understand FADCing from the tutorials. Anyone have any good links to doing this? SF4 seems way complicated.
You just hold medium punch + medium kick. Their are 3 levels of it. The longer you hold it the higher the level. Level 3 is unblockable. If you hold it and then dash you can cancel out of it.

Sagat

F + FK - Start up on this is a little to slow, needs to be sped up. Also misses sometimes so widen hit box. Opponent needs to fly a little higher on hit so it's easier to land the 2nd F + FK.

Tiger Knee - Ridiculous recovery if you get 2 hits on block. Needs to be a little faster.

Throw - You can Tiger knee, shot, and upper off a f +lk/fk kara, wtf, why can't you throw off it? FIX NAO crapcom!

Ultra - I think we all saw the Final Round vid. His ultra just flat jumps over crouching and/or recovering opponents sometimes. Capcom should fix the hitbox so it doesn't whiff low characters.

Also Honda's super does too much damage. It's bad enough that he can use it for AA, does it have to hurt so bad?!!

lololol gutter_trash

hanzo said:
I was baffled when I first heard about it too now it makes sense.

There are 3 levels of a Focus Attack. Whenever you see a white flash on your character as you hold MK + MP down then that means its gone to the next level. So the white flash you see first is focus attack L2.. White Flash and hit is Focus Attack Level 3 (it forces he/she just lets go)

L1 - On hit just hits.. on counter hit it crumples
L2 - On hit it crumples
L3 - Breaks through Block and crumples

To cancel the focus attack.. you just hit the focus (even if they block it on a lvl 2 or 1) and you hit forward forward or back back on the stick and you will immediately dash forward after it hits and be able to instantly put in another command. If you don't.. its not bad.. but you have a delay since your character is still doing the motion to get out of the focus attack he just landed and leaves you open for hits if the guy blocks or it allows you to not fully punish.

Now if you do the focus attack and hold the MP + MK buttons and then don't let go and hit forward forward or back back then you can cancel out without letting go.. Since focus attacks absorb 1 hit.. people like to do this and absorb fireballs coming at them because absorbing builds up your ultra without technically being 'hit'

Itll make sense.. just watch this video. This guy made an OUTSTANDING tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nivXAQ4VvSk

Double posting.. but meh..

So people have found out that El Fuerte can sometimes absorb 4 hits (2 EX fireballs) with 1 EX Run...

I don't even know how they do this or how it works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbshxF2-wLY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYVkthZ5VZg&feature=related

But if people figure this out.. Holy shat..

Arde -

Dude.. Cross up FP with Fuerte is awesome. I can only do it on certain chars so I don't get raped but today I fought a Sagat and dizzied him so fast in the first round.. it was awesome. It was just pure dominance

Then I played a Ken a bit later.. and dizzied him on the first round.. then dizzied him on the second round and perfected him the 2nd round too. He was a semi-final fight as well. It was sick!

I also had a Ryu who thought I was going to Tostada press but instead I crossed him up then hit him.. and I got both hits in before the Focus was let go .. then got a Tostada in as well and took out 50% of his health almost lol. SO EPIC

Today I won a good amount of tournaments or got far in them.

I also played Ronstoppable today in Championship mode. He played his boxer. He RAPED me. First round I got maybe 1 hit on him? Second round I actually got him to half life. I then messaged him and said "It was worth it to get my ass handed by Ronstoppable" He replied with "lol" .. Were now best friends for life suckas! That "lol" confirms it.

I also hit 5000 matches. Do I get some sort of need a life award from GAF? Because I really want one.

4492_104026275398_560865398_2975788_8204419_n.jpg

I can never get a good total CP on wins.. I don't get it.. I always get the lowest CP opponents ever.

n560865398_2975789_8181506.jpg

Fuerte getting close to 2000 matches alone.. !

4492_104026445398_560865398_2975790_7273122_n.jpg

And my GP ranking on XBL

n560865398_2975791_4032224.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I dunno. The only change I've thought of so far that I really want is less damage scaling on Gen's KKK ultra, so that being able to juggle into it from waterfall kick would have an actual point.

Maybe adjustable fight speed too.

C- Warrior said:
Congratulations, you've offered the most odd ideas to fix the game. You basically want to remove all ultra juggles? Hm, no. Just because certain characters can't do, doesn't mean the others should have it removed. The reason why Honda and Blanka can't juggle into it is because it works well enough as stand alone. Honda's is probably the best anti-air ultra. And blanka's is a sure-fire hit if the character is at a certain distance. And I mean, sure-fire, 100%..

...wat?

Against anybody who has ever played against a Blanka ever, they know exactly how to block his Ultra at any distance from my experience.

The only thing it is good for is chip or if you actually time that thing well enough to hit a jumper, but even then you only get a low-damage hit.

I think of it as a Mortal Kombat finishing move. When they are wobbling with less than 5% health I finish him off with the chip.

Getting a REAL, FULL hit with that Ultra is a jump for joy/holy shit he didn't block for some reason moment, and they are few and far between.

The only "sure fire" ive seen is the damn Shotos or characters who can juggle, even if you damage trade against a DP! That is guaranteed Ultra. You can't even jump at a shoto who is halfway good and they have ultra meter, because the damage-trade DP pops you into the air and then it's time to get a soda until their ultra finishes. So damned annoying.
Now I know why Ryu is becoming the new Ken. (end rant)

Sagat needs a teleport and also a tiger shot that hits both low and high. I don't want to choose between the two. F+HK should have instant active frames. C.fierce needs to be brought back for real. I can't super cancel that shit. WTF Capcom?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
...wat?

Against anybody who has ever played against a Blanka ever, they know exactly how to block his Ultra at any distance from my experience.

That's just massively blatant over exaggeration.

If you activate his ultra right next to somebody and they aren't blocking low when the animation begins, they ate it. You can hop -> ultra and make people eat it this way a good amount of time, you can see it work when the animation starts the person has a stunned look which means they didn't block low and are already fucked.

It's also good for catching jumpins.

I'd catch people with ultra in at least one round roughly 20% of my games. When blanka has an ultra stocked, trying to rush down is a very bad idea.

People are wiser to it, but it's still a tricky ultra and very useful. (I wish I could learn the hop through the person to ultra but never works)

I played a little while today and ended up losing a lot of points because I accidentally picked Abel twice when I meant to pick Ryu. I normally don't play Arcade mode so I'm so use to being on Ryu from the beginning. So like the beginning of every character select screen I quickly tap X(PS3 version) before I realized who I was really on. I so wanted to bitch out and quit, but I was afraid of my DC percentage rising so I spent the entire match with the old school jump kick>sweep strategy and lost horribly.

This happened several times before the big update and I always quit before the match began to save myself a easy beating, but now I can't really do that unless I want people to think I'm a quitter :(

catfish said:
That's just massively blatant over exaggeration.

If you activate his ultra right next to somebody and they aren't blocking low when the animation begins, they ate it.

I am working on hop to ultra now, so perhaps that will help with my hit % on this but I was just illustrating that I do not know this "magical range" that the Ultra hits at 100%.

Top Bottom