• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Nah, FMF, he's right. db, uf+k, db uf+ will work. Apparently the first uf counts as the df. There's lots of weird character specific charge tricks in the game. E.G. Bison can do scissor kicks with db -> df. Guile can't do the same with sonic boom or honda with headbutt.

Teknopathetic said:
Nah, FMF, he's right. db, uf+k, db uf+ will work. Apparently the first uf counts as the df. There's lots of weird character specific charge tricks in the game. E.G. Bison can do scissor kicks with db -> df. Guile can't do the same with sonic boom or honda with headbutt.

Wow well color me surprised, had no idea.

bunker said:
Got some "hatemail" a couple days ago that was relatively creative. He did a nice job of mixing in a reference to my tag.

210y6c6.jpg

Hysterical.

TimeKillr

FindMyFarms said:
Haha, you obviously haven't played third strike :p That game has wwwaaaayyyy more juggles.

What about JWong's ex cod (first hit, and as anti air) FADC backwards into ultra trick?

BTW, it's been a while, I need to Raging Demon you some time :p

Get your PS3 back. What happened? I didn't keep up with the news for a little while and GAFchat is pretty much dead nowadays. Your Raging Demons suck :)

And I did play 3S. Just not on a pro level, mind you, but I did play with Makoto.. She has some crazy juggles(SA2 fucking juggles into itself...), but nothing as insane as Yun. That reminds me I have a housewarming party tonight and there's at least a fellow 3S player in there so I might start that up now that I have 2 PS3 sticks.

I guess I gotta see more Abel fight videos - I've never seen that juggle mentioned anywhere before (but it doesn't surprise me, as Abel's Ultra will hit on retarded shit, just like his ex FS).

I did land c.fp -> CoD -> Ultra in a fight online today. First time I did manage to land it on a live opponent, that was pretty sweet. Poor little Viper too.. Way too jump happy.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
jdub03 said:
Heres one of the two videos I have of that gen player i was talking about. His tag is rokotsu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUWg54Yojfk

I also played Mcvlad and haunts today. I got destroyed by mcvlad and beat haunts. Im sure i only beat him because it was online. I couldnt record those matches because my equipment wasnt setup.

hah GGS, you beat me fair and square, I missed a couple times. good shit. :D

TimeKillr said:
Get your PS3 back. What happened? I didn't keep up with the news for a little while and GAFchat is pretty much dead nowadays. Your Raging Demons suck :)

And I did play 3S. Just not on a pro level, mind you, but I did play with Makoto.. She has some crazy juggles(SA2 fucking juggles into itself...), but nothing as insane as Yun. That reminds me I have a housewarming party tonight and there's at least a fellow 3S player in there so I might start that up now that I have 2 PS3 sticks.

I guess I gotta see more Abel fight videos - I've never seen that juggle mentioned anywhere before (but it doesn't surprise me, as Abel's Ultra will hit on retarded shit, just like his ex FS).

I did land c.fp -> CoD -> Ultra in a fight online today. First time I did manage to land it on a live opponent, that was pretty sweet. Poor little Viper too.. Way too jump happy.

>>Here's the juggle<<

And I do have my ps3 back, it just doesn't turn on :( Also sad to hear about the state of gafchat.

FindMyFarms said:
>>Here's the juggle<<

And I do have my ps3 back, it just doesn't turn on :( Also sad to hear about the state of gafchat.

Why does he feel the need to talk that ish? And could you explain the significance of FADC the COD into ultra? Is easier to land than low fierce?

And I prefer the other Gen videos Jdub. Maybe it was the opponent.

And GAFchat, I was on earlier and Mox, Slayn and Moody were on there. Though I did log on yesterday and I was the only person in there. It was humerous talking crap to myself.

Spiderjericho said:
Why does he feel the need to talk that ish? And could you explain the significance of FADC the COD into ultra? Is easier to land than low fierce?

And I prefer the other Gen videos Jdub. Maybe it was the opponent.

And GAFchat, I was on earlier and Mox, Slayn and Moody were on there. Though I did log on yesterday and I was the only person in there. It was humerous talking crap to myself.

I think Seth's jump back fp beats out abels cr. fp, so he does the ex cod to guarantee the hit.

lol, what's it like talkin smack to yourself

Won

Man, had two ragequitters today. I mean I always give them a chance, but if you are randomly jumping around during the whole first round, expect to get pressed over and over in the next round. -.-

Also one of the "jumpers" had 14500 GP. I mean he plays Sagat, but even then he shouldn't have so many points.....

Aaaand I played way too much this weekend. Only 800 points left till G1. :/
Need to take a break or something.

jdub03 said:
Heres one of the two videos I have of that gen player i was talking about. His tag is rokotsu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUWg54Yojfk

The was pretty cool ending. :lol

FindMyFarms said:
I think Seth's jump back fp beats out abels cr. fp, so he does the ex cod to guarantee the hit.

lol, what's it like talkin smack to yourself

Well, I called myself a scrub for playing with Ryu. And I was ready to ragequit because I kept throwing myself and taunting afterward.

And did J.Wong, FADC the EX COD or was it he did the move and dash back?

The funniest thing happened. I played a Sagat. So he beat me in a close 1st round. For whatever reason, he just stood there in the second round and let me perfect him. I guess he was sure of himself going into the third round, but he got stuffed quickly.

The game becomes so random with lag.

Spiderjericho said:
Well, I called myself a scrub for playing with Ryu. And I was ready to ragequit because I kept throwing myself and taunting afterward.

Yeah, he fadc. You ever play roshambo against yourself? Now that's a game that should be strictly multiplayer lol

jdub03

Won said:
Man, had two ragequitters today. I mean I always give them a chance, but if you are randomly jumping around during the whole first round, expect to get pressed over and over in the next round. -.-

Also one of the "jumpers" had 14500 GP. I mean he plays Sagat, but even then he shouldn't have so many points.....

Dont know what it is but i like his play style. He's tries some pretty cool combos too.

Dartastic

GG's, McVlaD. My Ryu's gotten a lot better, hasn't it? =p Although it's not like many of my other characters have... Also, FUCK Dhalsim when I'm trying to play as Gief or Fuerte. :lol Also, if any GAFfers wanna play now, I'm down.

LakeEarth

Spiderjericho said:

The funniest thing happened. I played a Sagat. So he beat me in a close 1st round. For whatever reason, he just stood there in the second round and let me perfect him. I guess he was sure of himself going into the third round, but he got stuffed quickly.
Yes he did, though I'm not sure if you absolutely have to (may depend how high Seth was when the CoD hit).

And today in the finals I faced a Sagat that kept taunting. On the third taunt I j.fp -> fp hundred hand slap -> rh. On the fourth taunt, I did the same. Why did he taunt the fourth time :lol

And I randomly ran into MicVlad in Championship mode finals, which I thought was pretty funny. Kind of unfair for him, I've faced his Dhalsim a hundred times but I was playing my Honda, which he rarely ever seen during our player matches.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Need quick GAF advice: Should I buy a Fightstick for $75? How well does it operate on SF2HD?

What's the consensus on the fightstick, and is that reasonably priced at $75?
I'm not a "tournament" player or anything, just want to get Street Fighter and that seems like a good deal. So is that worth the price to get along with the game?

I'm also debating whether to buy a Fightpad instead of the stick since it's way cheaper. Like I said, I'm not a hardcore player or anything, but would like something to use to play SF2HD, SF4, and eventually MvC2. :D

I'd get the fightpad instead if you're not hardcore. Plus, you're going to have to spend time acclimating to a stick.

The SE stick is decent, but it doesn't really shine unless you buy Sanwa or Seimitsu parts to put in them. Not sure if they fixed the washer issue. And the buttons are doo doo out of the box.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Spiderjericho said:
I'd get the fightpad instead if you're not hardcore. Plus, you're going to have to spend time acclimating to a stick.

That's what I was thinking, I've never even used a stick before - it just looks like a fun way to play the game though. Anyone vouch for for the Fightpad working well with SF2HD and the Marvel vs Capcom 2 demo?

Sorry for bringing the n00bness to this thread. Looking to be playing this game by the end of the week.

LJ11

My SE (purchased last week) kick buttons stopped working after two days, no more than a couple of hours of use. Stay away if you ask me, unless you're going to swap the parts right off the bat.

Adam Prime said:
That's what I was thinking, I've never even used a stick before - it just looks like a fun way to play the game though. Anyone vouch for for the Fightpad working well with SF2HD and the Marvel vs Capcom 2 demo?

Sorry for bringing the n00bness to this thread. Looking to be playing this game by the end of the week.

What system are we talking about? I use a fightpad on Xbox (even though I have a Hori, SE and TE). I've used it on SF Anniversary, SF HD Remix and IV. I'm sure it works fine with MVC2.

And I was just looking on SRK, and the SE still seems to have quality control issues. I don't get it. There has to be several big peripheral manufacturers, so why with the release of IV, KOF XII, Blaz Blue, MVC2, Tekken VIBR, etc, are there no other joysticks on the market?

Stantron

Agh! My tech throw skills suck. I see it coming, and I mash LP+LK, yet still get thrown ~80% of the time. That shit is so frustrating. :/

Seriously Galactic, are you on Street Fighter Steroids? I know you usually beat me, but lately you've been tearing me a new ass :lol Making me think twice about every move I make.

And thanks, I thought I finally had Rog figured out :/ He's a sunuvabitch.

jdub03 said:
I also played Mcvlad and haunts today. I got destroyed by mcvlad and beat haunts. Im sure i only beat him because it was online. I couldnt record those matches because my equipment wasnt setup.
There's still Player Matches if you'd like to record some day. Just send me a message over Xbox Live.

AND HAUNTS DOESN'T WANT TO ACCEPT MY INVITES ANYMORE, FOR WEEKS NOW

:[

Won said:

You'd be surprised how many bad people actually achieved a high rank (even G1-E). The type that mash buttons like crazy, to name one example.

Dartastic said:
GG's, McVlaD. My Ryu's gotten a lot better, hasn't it? =p Although it's not like many of my other characters have... Also, FUCK Dhalsim when I'm trying to play as Gief or Fuerte. :lol
I wouldn't know: I believe this was the first time we've played one another since (if I recall correctly) you're not on any of the GAF FoF lists.

LakeEarth said:
And I randomly ran into MicVlad in Championship mode finals, which I thought was pretty funny. Kind of unfair for him, I've faced his Dhalsim a hundred times but I was playing my Honda, which he rarely ever seen during our player matches.
Oh, that wasn't random. I just had an unusually large amount of points and I didn't want to lose them against some random flowchart Ken / Turtle Ryu! Was looking for a familiar name for at least 15 minutes.

Killa Sasa said:
Seriously Galactic, are you on Street Fighter Steroids? I know you usually beat me, but lately you've been tearing me a new ass :lol Making me think twice about every move I make.

And thanks, I thought I finally had Rog figured out :/ He's a sunuvabitch.

I have to step my game up with you is all. Your Guile helps me develop my ground game. Always GGs.

LakeEarth

MicVlaD said:
Oh, that wasn't random. I just had an unusually large amount of points and I didn't want to lose them against some random flowchart Ken / Turtle Ryu! Was looking for a familiar name for at least 15 minutes.
I see, I didn't realize there was a lot of points on the line until it told me I could upload the video.

Threi

notag
that reminds me: I was in a player match with a guy who jumped onto random select. I figured he was good and knew what he was doing, and IIRC he beat my fuerte with his guile. After i absolutely destroyed his (i forget) with my honda, i went to random as well. He got bison, and I got rufus. I beat his bison but i was so offended by his misuse that i chose bison instead. He then goes to ken, and i figure time for a real match and that this is his main.

holy fuck this guy was the pinnacle of flowcharting. SHORYUKEN SHORYUKEN SHORYUKEN!!!111

After 6 straight wins (each one by a larger margin than the last) he just boots me.

Won said:

How the fuck did you get so many points so fast? Holy hell.

hitsugi

I just got Valle'd... literally D: I wonder how serious he's taking Ken. I assumed he was going to pick Dictator but nope. My Rufus is going on break for a while D: just felt like nothing I did was actually working

I started playing G2, and you guys weren't kidding. Because of how long it takes to move to G1, there is an odd mix of players. I beat an 11,000 GP person and lost to a 2,000. I'm glad the level of play is getting more difficult, as it will help me develop into a better player.

GGs Time Killer. I hated picking random, as they kept giving me turds. I don't know how to play Fuerte, Abel, Claw or Honda. Honda, I can sort of call upon my time in HD Remix.

And wow, Won moving up.

LakeEarth

TurtleSnatcher said:
How the fuck did you get so many points so fast? Holy hell.
It takes time, I'm only at 5000. I decided to calculate how many wins do you need to make it to G1 from G2... lets say you win every time and get 100 points (you get more, but what are the chances of never losing)? That's 520 wins! And that's if you're completely dominant.

JEKKI

I havent played in like over a week coz the players online piss me off the way they play.

finally played again today... and it's the same shyt different characters wtf?!?!?

who the hell plays by grinding the corner all day, holding back like there's no tomorrow...

and if u dont do anything (coz it's obviously a trap) then they taunt you!

-_-

I mean... I still win, but I dont feel good about it...

I'm at 2500 GP btw... not sure if that range is full of scrubs or what...

f0nz0

LJ11 said:
My SE (purchased last week) kick buttons stopped working after two days, no more than a couple of hours of use. Stay away if you ask me, unless you're going to swap the parts right off the bat.

i had that problem as well, i did switch to a full sanwa stick and buttons, but it still keeps on happening!, sometimes the kick buttons will just stop working to the point where i have to get on over to the xbox unplug it , plug it back in, and hope i dont get demolished in the process, frustrating!

Holy Jumping Johwhosifats Batman. I just sat down and played G2E for probably an hour.

It was terrible. The disparity is ridiculous. I didn't even win one tournament. I got runner up a few times. One time I played my 2000GP against a 13000GP (hmm...). Though we used the same character, there was obviously a disparity in experience.

When he won, he only got 100 GP!!!!

You could 500 times (but unless it's consecutively in championships then ugh). I thought the BP system was awkward, but this one requires uncanny skill or the luck of the draw.

I played against a Zangief in a final and the lag absolutely made it very difficult to play as him. So now lag considerations need to be considered as well.

If you're at 2500GP, you'll either play against scrubs or really good players. And the game thrives on turtling. But not as bad as A2 (ugh, those parry/alpha counters) and Valle Custom cumbos. Street Fighter has always been like that. just means you need to mixup or risk throwing them.

Spiderjericho said:
Yeah, it's probably better that way. Go play in those high fangled tournaments where you don't have to worry about lag or RAGE!!

Actually there's a shit load of rage, mainly from me. Makes me feel like a MAN.

Top Bottom