• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
McBradders said:
He didn't venture in to the OT did he? D:
The OT is awesome, there is loooots of gaffers that never post on the Gaming side.
(Crazy but true)

Also : HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUNTSSS !!! ;__;

Augemitbutter said:
guess he got banned by some nintendo fan? i rarely venture into those threads. creepy people i tell ya ;)
yeah.

TimeKillr

FindMyFarms said:
Aside from the "cr. fp xx lk roll xx cr. fp xx mk roll" that I posted, which is my favorite baiting tactic off a punish, you can also bait w/ f. mk xx dash. After you throw a few times, they'll start mashing out the dp's.

Once i get my system goin we'll def run that mirror :)

So get your system running :)

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Kccitystar said:
Played against Justin Wong today at Chinatown Fair in NYC...and I lost :lol

Was this Friday by any chance? My boy left me a hurried message about some dude with an EVO shirt on beasting with Abel all night. Said it was like watching a machine.

Man o Man. I'll miss Haunts. Guess something said in passing outweighs all of the contributions you've done in the community (Keystone, Iplaywinner, this thread and 1up guide).

And Timekiller, I've played Moxmaniac. He was able to do all of the setups. It's crazy and sort of frustrating, especially when certain characters don't even have ONE (Claw, Guile, Honda, etc).

I decided to give G2 another shot. Got smashed. I played against a player with 14940GP. He was using C.Viper. I was so scared. I thought he was going to be zigzagging across the screen. He won, but I wasn't completely intimidated. I won't lie. I wasn't crazy about the seismic hammer, burning kick, ultra. But she seems like a good character.

Seriously Find, get your system running.

Threi

notag
Augemitbutter said:
dunno much about honda, whats wrong with it?
less dmg than hp oicho, same range as lp oicho, and no invincibility frames at all (unlike EX tornado throw)

basically a waste of a bar.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Oichi said:
It's until August according to him, which IMO is way too long for what he did, but meh, that's how it works here.

Ugh.

Also! ALSO! A L S O ! Nerf Sagat's Ultra! Way too much damage :lol

I need to learn to stop eating them :(

Ledsen

Spiderjericho said:
Man o Man. I'll miss Haunts. Guess something said in passing outweighs all of the contributions you've done in the community (Keystone, Iplaywinner, this thread and 1up guide).

And Timekiller, I've played Moxmaniac. He was able to do all of the setups. It's crazy and sort of frustrating, especially when certain characters don't even have ONE (Claw, Guile, Honda, etc).

I decided to give G2 another shot. Got smashed. I played against a player with 14940GP. He was using C.Viper. I was so scared. I thought he was going to be zigzagging across the screen. He won, but I wasn't completely intimidated. I won't lie. I wasn't crazy about the seismic hammer, burning kick, ultra. But she seems like a good character.

Seriously Find, get your system running.

I doubt his ban is very long.

Oichi said:
It's until August according to him, which IMO is way too long for what he did, but meh, that's how it works here.
August... :/

I guess sometime you have to set an example

Oh, in the tourney last Friday I lost in the second round.
I played Abel. Not the best idea I ever had (I just started playing him that day).
Oh well.

_dementia said:
August... :/

I guess sometime you have to set an example

Oh, in the tourney last Friday I lost in the second round. I played Abel.
Oh well.

My very first tourney (technically at RanBat at Buktooths in early March) I went 0-2. My best piece of advice is make sure you're COMFORTABLE. Little things that you might not think matter, such as playing sitting on the floor instead of in a chair, can do major things to your mindset. Make sure that the only thing you're competing against is your opponent, and not your surroundings or your comfort level.

Once you get acquainted to the tourney setting, you'll be surprised at what you're able to do, I know I was! Keep at it ;)

TurtleSnatcher said:
I can't just Tostada Press nonstop.. They either Block or Electrocute me or Up Ball me.. or Shoryuken me.. or back dash.. or.. you name it..

Don't worry man, no one can tostada press nonstop, not even Buk :p

That's something you can only do against really incompetent players.

Won

TurtleSnatcher said:
I can't just Tostada Press nonstop.. They either Block or Electrocute me or Up Ball me.. or Shoryuken me.. or back dash.. or.. you name it..

Until August.. Fail way to read the thread :p

You know how it goes!

Fuck it! Tostada Press!

Also only the upball should stop you from pressing in that list. Stupid overpowered Blanka!

Won said:
You know how it goes!

Fuck it! Tostada Press!

Also only the upball should stop you from pressing in that list. Stupid overpowered Blanka!

Um Electricity beats Tostada 95% of the time.

DP's do too.. Yes you can stuff them but if they read your cross up or not they can stuff you with a LP DP.

Backdash also can stop a press because it leaves a few frames of invinc on some chars I believe which means you completely whiff..

Won

Sounds like someone needs to improve his tostada timing! :lol

On a more serious note (or not):

Tried out some other chars in championship mode. People probably start to wonder how that guy got 14k GP, but whatever.

So...how do I beat a turtle with Cammy? There is like no way to put pressure on the opponent. She needs a fireball or something!

Also Rose...feels like half of her moves are missing....she is like a really really reaaaally bad version of a shoto. Do I miss something? Feels like she is worse than Dan.

FindMyFarms said:
My very first tourney (technically at RanBat at Buktooths in early March) I went 0-2. My best piece of advice is make sure you're COMFORTABLE. Little things that you might not think matter, such as playing sitting on the floor instead of in a chair, can do major things to your mindset. Make sure that the only thing you're competing against is your opponent, and not your surroundings or your comfort level.

Once you get acquainted to the tourney setting, you'll be surprised at what you're able to do, I know I was! Keep at it ;)
Makes sense.

I was physically comfortable, but I was a nervous wreck. I need to get more experience playing in front of dozens of people. Definitely not discouraged though and looking forward to the next one.

toneroni

FindMyFarms said:
What a weird banning. Haunts didn't really say anything out of line aside from "Fuck smash bros" lol, but I don't think that's really worth banning.
they pulled the ol bait + punish trick... :\
edit: wtf! Banned until AUGUST?!!

somethings wrong with me..haven't really played SF4 since getting my 360 back! o_O

Won said:

On a more serious note (or not):

Tried out some other chars in championship mode. People probably start to wonder how that guy got 14k GP, but whatever.

So...how do I beat a turtle with Cammy? There is like no way to put pressure on the opponent. She needs a fireball or something!

Also Rose...feels like half of her moves are missing....she is like a really really reaaaally bad version of a shoto. Do I miss something? Feels like she is worse than Dan.

Cammy's cr. mk and cr. lk are both great tools to hit confirm into a spiral arrow. Approach them with footsies and pressure them. Her C. Spike has GREAT anti air priority. Always remember that the threat of being thrown is just as dangerous as actually being thrown. Play Cammy with this concept, combine it with her great footsies/hit confirms/anti air, and turn her into an offensive monster :D

monster edit - she also has a REALLY fast forward dash, you'll catch a lot of people off guard by simply dashing in at max range and throwing. Also, you'll have to space it right, but if you perform a hooligan throw perfectly timed after a knockdown, the opponent HAS to perform a reversal move or else they'll get thrown, this is due to the fact that neutral state after knockdown is always standing, and crouching takes 1 frame, meaning they can't crouch or backdash out of the trap. Lastly, lk spiral connecting with the 2nd hit gives you frame advantage (I believe +2, but don't quote me on that) when used as a meaty . There might be a few more things I'm missing here, but that's all that comes to mind right now.

Last edit - Her focus attack!!!!! It's fast and has a lot of range, one of the best in the game. Standing in most characters sweep range is close enough for it to land, not to mention baiting a jump with it lets you either back dash or forward dash and C.Spike.

Sweet Jesus, please don't ever say Cammy has no pressure tools again! She has soooo mannyyy lol. Just make sure your footsy game is tight with her and you're set.

Now Rose, I don't know anything about her lol :lol I guess just watch PhatSaq's replays?

Won said:

Sure Won.

Sure..

Either you must not play him often. Quit coming off as a cocky SOB and either list out actual ways of stoppign those.. or play me and I will glady stuff your Tostadas.

EDIT: Where the heck has Saqs been? I've noticed his CP has stayed the same for over 2-3 weeks now. Its like he quit or something :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
OH YEAH

just successfully modded my 2 SE sticks with Sanwa parts. All tested and working.

Time to hop on and hopefully graduate to G2-C right now.

for anyone with an SE stick wondering about the Sanwa mods, the diff in buttons is immediately noticeable.

Further, the stick feels like it has less 'play' I guess. Feels tighter. I immediately notice fireballs and or dp are easier.

Can't wait to realise that having a new stick won't make me awesome at SF right now.

Won

TurtleSnatcher said:
Sure Won.

Sure..

Either you must not play him often. Quit coming off as a cocky SOB and either list out actual ways of stoppign those.. or play me and I will glady stuff your Tostadas.

:(

BitchTits

catfish said:
OH YEAH

just successfully modded my 2 SE sticks with Sanwa parts. All tested and working.

Time to hop on and hopefully graduate to G2-C right now.

for anyone with an SE stick wondering about the Sanwa mods, the diff in buttons is immediately noticeable.

Further, the stick feels like it has less 'play' I guess. Feels tighter. I immediately notice fireballs and or dp are easier.

Can't wait to realise that having a new stick won't make me awesome at SF right now.
Good stuff. Pics? I intend to mod mine too. I want to put some new artwork on too, the thread on SRK has some really nice ones, lots of ideas.

About sticks, do you guys use the buttons to the left, or to the right? I started out using the ones to the left, but I always lost the feel for it, hitting the far right one when I wanted HP or HK (then hitting HP thinking it was MP etc). So I use the furthest three, it also feels like the 'correct' spacing from the joystick for me.

I was hoping my stick would make doing the hard trials easier, but no such luck, I still absolutely suck at FADC, I just cannot get the timing at all, in fact it's harder now I'm using the middle buttons and not a shortcut button. Sigh.... I'll never get my Gen square icon :(

LakeEarth

Threi said:
less dmg than hp oicho, same range as lp oicho, and no invincibility frames at all (unlike EX tornado throw)

basically a waste of a bar.
Tell me about it. I just switched from Abel to Honda (just for now) and god do I miss being able to shut down tick throws with TT.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
BitchTits said:
Good stuff. Pics? I intend to mod mine too. I want to put some new artwork on too, the thread on SRK has some really nice ones, lots of ideas.

About sticks, do you guys use the buttons to the left, or to the right? I started out using the ones to the left, but I always lost the feel for it, hitting the far right one when I wanted HP or HK (then hitting HP thinking it was MP etc). So I use the furthest three, it also feels like the 'correct' spacing from the joystick for me.

I was hoping my stick would make doing the hard trials easier, but no such luck, I still absolutely suck at FADC, I just cannot get the timing at all, in fact it's harder now I'm using the middle buttons and not a shortcut button. Sigh.... I'll never get my Gen square icon :(

sticks take a while to get used to, but after that it's all good

here are mine.
I want to get a custom artwork but I'll look into that later.
After playing a while on em I found that they are much better than stock parts. LIKE ALOT.

If you American I wouldn't buy from lizard lick, cancelled after 3 weeks waiting with no response. got the kit from gremlin solutions in the UK which were excellent.

CIMG3751.jpg

Also, I graduated to G2-C by winning a final. WOOOOOOO. Was stuck on 4999 points and kept losing like4 in a row. haha. then got on a hot streak. Beat a honda with my blanka ftw.

Got SMASHED by a few sagats before that :( at least I didn't play my nemesis bison though (can't beat that asshole)

Kccitystar

bob_arctor said:
Was this Friday by any chance? My boy left me a hurried message about some dude with an EVO shirt on beasting with Abel all night. Said it was like watching a machine.

He was using Ken but man, his Ken is on point compared to my Zangief. From what I read his main is Rufus so I got off easy I guess :lol

Dartastic

MicVlaD said:
I wouldn't know: I believe this was the first time we've played one another since (if I recall correctly) you're not on any of the GAF FoF lists.

No, we've played once before a while ago. You completely demolished me. :lol

BitchTits

catfish said:
If you American I wouldn't buy from lizard lick, cancelled after 3 weeks waiting with no response. got the kit from gremlin solutions in the UK which were excellent.
UK here. Got Gremlin bookmarked for my purchase. :D

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
wow, i lost like 10 matches in a row in g2 at like 4am last night. the late crowd is fierce, or maybe I was just too tired.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Timedog said:
wow, i lost like 10 matches in a row in g2 at like 4am last night. the late crowd is fierce, or maybe I was just too tired.

I caught myself grinding a few times when i was WAAAY passed my best.

gotta be awake and paying attention for good SF.

MIMIC

Banned
Won said:
You know how it goes!

Fuck it! Tostada Press!

That's actually funny :lol But that's what the higher level guys do, too! :)

catfish said:
man I keep running into the same guy online called Trixz NL or something. I see that name and I'm like 'you again'

I'm starting to learn his Sagat and I'm sure he knows my blanka tricks by now. I think we are 2 each or something. Shit gets real when it says 'fight' wonder if the dude recognises me.

it's quite funny, I think I've only ever played a couple gaffers but starting to recognise strangers. it's amusing to see how they've moved up with points each match up I get against em.

Haha same here. I think I played this guy called Huber G Huber about 5 times now. First couple we split (he seems to main Dhalsim), he was at around 6k GP and I had maybe 3k. Next time I see him I'm at 4k GP and he's at 12k @_@ And I beat him even more handily this time, haha. But he had his shit down so I give him props. Cammy is a bad matchup for Dhalsim is my excuse for winning.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
My SE stick came in this morning. Been playing around with it since.

I could tell that the buttons were cheap as soon as I started messing around with it, and I haven't even played a real arcade cabinet in at least 10 years.

The HP button is super sensitive. Like, abnormally so compared to the other buttons, it seems. I literally only have to rub the top of the button to throw out a punch. And the HK button isn't as sensitive compared to the rest. I have to hit it dead center to get it to do anything. wtf? Kinda disappointing. I haven't messed around with it enough yet to see how much it'll affect my game, but some modding is definitely in my future. I'll probably wait until the warranty runs out first though, just in case.

Dartastic

Lost Fragment said:
My SE stick came in this morning. Been playing around with it since.

I could tell that the buttons were cheap as soon as I started messing around with it, and I haven't even played a real arcade cabinet in at least 10 years.

The HP button is super sensitive. Like, abnormally so compared to the other buttons, it seems. I literally only have to rub the top of the button to throw out a punch. And the HK button isn't as sensitive compared to the rest. I have to hit it dead center to get it to do anything. wtf? Kinda disappointing. I haven't messed around with it enough yet to see how much it'll affect my game, but some modding is definitely in my future. I'll probably wait until the warranty runs out first though, just in case.

I felt the same way about my stick. I've gotten used to it, and I actually kinda LIKE the cheap feel now. However, once the warranty expires (or when a button breaks and I stop being lazy) I'm probably gonna look into getting new buttons as well.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Archie said:
Why would you get banned? ???
In the tvc thread i just said that It would be nice to get a port to 360 and ps3 also. Just because I already have arcade sticks for those systems(ps3 and 360). I definitely said that if it came out on the wii I would buy it too. Now people are claiming I am a wii hater. :-/ . I have all of the current gen consoles. Also, I love fighting games. I want as many people to experience the game as possible. They are misinterpreting my posts. I think I got reverse fanboyed....

MThanded said:
In the tvc thread i just said that It would be nice to get a port to 360 and ps3 also. Just because I already have arcade sticks for those systems(ps3 and 360). I definitely said that if it came out on the wii I would buy it too. Now people are claiming I am a wii hater. :-/ . I have all of the current gen consoles. Also, I love fighting games. I want as many people to experience the game as possible. They are misinterpreting my posts. I think I got reverse fanboyed....

Don't argue with borghe, he's kind of dense. I had a littl spiff with him recently. Makes me glad I grew out of my nintendo fandom...

toneroni

MThanded said:
seriously...i had a long post and then edited it.
Not worth it posting in console fanboy threads...

MThanded

toneroni said:
seriously...i had a long post and then edited it.
Not worth it posting in console fanboy threads...

Its sad that you cant want games for multiple consoles. I am not a fanboy I just enjoy fighting games.

I said in my post in that thread it would be nice to see sf4 on the wii too. Cant we all just enjoy games. :-/

MThanded

2009 is such a great year for fighting games. Great time to be alive!!! SF4, blazblu,tvc, kof XII, mvc2 and im sure theres more. So good!!!!!!

Makes me wish there was only one console. Sucks to have to have non unified online and console specific games.

toneroni

MThanded said:
Its sad that you cant want games for multiple consoles. I am not a fanboy I just enjoy fighting games.

I said in my post in that thread it would be nice to see sf4 on the wii too. Cant we all just enjoy games. :-/

Sucks to have to have non unified online and console specific games.

werd, I hate deciding between which system to get the games for.
I'd just rather this game be on PS360 as well due to better online (and sticks).
Oh well, many threads on GAF about console exclusive games turn into fanboy threads anyway.

Like Archie said, he likes street fighter!

*nothing to see here folks! whistling* :lol

Top Bottom