• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

FindMyFarms said:
>>Here you go<<

After doing it again, turns out my time isn't as bad as I thought lol. Mine is around .19 which is supposedly straight up average for young adults. Weird, cuz I feel a lot slower.

Wow, I was way slower. I was a .37 (because of one I got a .54 on). What an odd game. Guess it pays to be psychic like Daigo.

Ninja Edit: Got down to a .27.

hitsugi

the range for an "average" reaction time is pretty broad.. I scored .20 but anything up to.. I believe even .30 is average?

hitsugi

Threi said:
(seriously, the Rep system is completely corrupted. People should not be facing potential bannage from XBL because a bunch of punk kids can't handle losing)

What? People's negative rep actually goes somewhere besides your percentages? I had 100% positive rep for all areas for a while.. then this game came along... think I'm at 66~67% because of trash talking and bad sportsmanship? I don't know.. but I've only gotten 2-3 hate messages and maybe 15 ragequits out of over 1k matches.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I just did the clicky test out of sheer curiosity. My fastest time was 0.067 but i fucked it up with a 0.28 so my avg was a 0.1826. shit sucks.

LakeEarth

hitsugi said:
What? People's negative rep actually goes somewhere besides your percentages? I had 100% positive rep for all areas for a while.. then this game came along... think I'm at 66~67% because of trash talking and bad sportsmanship? I don't know.. but I've only gotten 2-3 hate messages and maybe 15 ragequits out of over 1k matches.
It'll just happen. If you don't actually drop, you won't get nearly enough negative rep for Microsoft to care.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
LakeEarth said:
It'll just happen. If you don't actually drop, you won't get nearly enough negative rep for Microsoft to care.

Neg Rep won't get you banned- due to playing fighting games near exclusively my neg rep is near 80%. If you want to get someone banned accuse them of racism or tampering.

Ciel

I don't think that test is any reflection of how good you are at Street Fighter. Maybe I can hit a baseball with my .17 average but anybody who plays me on GAF whips my ass :lol

Arde5643

Ciel said:
I don't think that test is any reflection of how good you are at Street Fighter. Maybe I can hit a baseball with my .17 average but anybody who plays me on GAF whips my ass :lol
SF is more of a game about experience and tactics rather than reaction time or combo memorization so yeah, it's definitely no MvC.

MIMIC

Banned
Is there ANYTHING you can do with Guile if you FADC his Flash Kick? I mean, if they're blocking then just follow up with whatever, but if they DON'T block.....?

Lost Fragment said:

good stuff. cant get near that level anytime soon. i mix up basic moves with all that stance changing. looks like he has problems against good rufus players as well, that match up always pissed me off to no end. its hard for gen to escape his dive-kicks without meter, among other things.....

i wonder why he screwed up twice after the crumple though.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I... I... got my xbox back.

andy_samberg_jimp.gif

sca2511

been waiting for some reaction type test, just lazy to look for it. I got .20 avg, fastest was .15. I wonder if you can train to have quicker reflexes

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I fought someone named MINI Pez twice in championship mode tonight.

The tag sounds so familar, and I think it's someone from here? Whoever it was, ggs.

Rufus

Lost Fragment said:

The tag sounds so familar, and I think it's someone from here? Whoever it was, ggs.
That's TurtleSnatcher.

MIMIC

Banned
Got a .20 on the reaction test (fastest was a .18)

And I did my first Flash Kick FADC in an actual match :) I figured that if I don't want to get mercilessly raped in Championship, I might as well start trying out new stuff.

And damn, I'm hating Honda more and more. That hand slap can trap you and chip away a lot at your vitality :-/

ElyrionX

I got .19 and 0.20 on the test but I consider my reaction to be slow. I've always suck bad at fighting games because of my reaction time though it doesn't seem to hold me back in FPSes. Or maybe I just suck at fighting games.

Lost Fragment said:

Yes gg's

You played Viper and Gen I believe?

I used Fuerte and Gen. You won with your Gen and I won with mine. :lol

(I think right?)

Or did I lose with both? I don't even know.. Tonight was horrid shit.. Don't play late on XBL.. Its horrible (Thats my protip for anyone on XBL and in the US). Nothing but foreigners with horrid lag :(

Cammy pro tip - If you connect with only the 2nd hit of her spiral arrow in the corner, you can follow up with a cannon spike or ultra for the juggle.

TimeKillr

FindMyFarms said:
Cammy pro tip - If you connect with only the 2nd hit of her spiral arrow in the corner, you can follow up with a cannon spike or ultra for the juggle.

The 2nd hit alone leaves opponents in a juggle state?

There's SO MUCH SHIT in the game that leaves opponents in a juggle state that makes no sense whatsoever (especially trading.. ugh).

The only trading trick I can do with Abel is trade a FS then ultra when the opponent is coming down...

Some moves also hit regardless of juggle state - Abel's ex FS and Ultra, for example, will always hit (it's why you can do c.fp anti-air -> CoD -> Ultra or ex FS).

unreon

skyfinch said:
How is it possible to do a (Guile) flash kick into his super or ultra? How can some one charge up the super so quickly? Does anyone have any advice?

This is for the challenge mode, btw.

Thanks.
I think the easiest way to do it is to charge db, uf+K (flash kick), db, uf+K (super).

TimeKillr said:
The 2nd hit alone leaves opponents in a juggle state?

There's SO MUCH SHIT in the game that leaves opponents in a juggle state that makes no sense whatsoever (especially trading.. ugh).

The only trading trick I can do with Abel is trade a FS then ultra when the opponent is coming down...

Some moves also hit regardless of juggle state - Abel's ex FS and Ultra, for example, will always hit (it's why you can do c.fp anti-air -> CoD -> Ultra or ex FS).

Haha, you obviously haven't played third strike :p That game has wwwaaaayyyy more juggles.

What about JWong's ex cod (first hit, and as anti air) FADC backwards into ultra trick?

BTW, it's been a while, I need to Raging Demon you some time :p

unreon said:
I think the easiest way to do it is to charge db, uf+K (flash kick), db, uf+K (super).

lol that doesn't work

What's the consensus on the 360 Fightpad from MadCatz? Worth bothering with to escape that DPAD? It's a decent product though, and not traditional MadCatz crap?

LakeEarth

FindMyFarms said:
What about JWong's ex cod (first hit, and as anti air) FADC backwards into ultra trick?
I keep trying to do that during a real match, but haven't yet. I just don't face enough Dhalsim's/Seth's to get more than one attempt every couple of days.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hey guys quick question:

I'm getting ready to buy the arcade fight stick, does it work with ALL other PS3 games? Or does the game need to be compatabile with it first? Obviously it won't work with a FPS game or something that requires two analog sticks, but will it work with games that only use one analog stick?

I just think it would be neat to play something like Crash Commando PSN or something using an arcade joystick.

Adam Prime said:
Hey guys quick question:

I'm getting ready to buy the arcade fight stick, does it work with ALL other PS3 games? Or does the game need to be compatabile with it first? Obviously it won't work with a FPS game or something that requires two analog sticks, but will it work with games that only use one analog stick?

I just think it would be neat to play something like Crash Commando PSN or something using an arcade joystick.

No, because the stick is not analog! :p You can play bionic commando rearmed and fighting games. :p oh wait, you need the stick to aim the missile in BCR, nevermind. just fighting games. :p

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Lost Fragment said:

That Gen's pretty nice - almost makes me wanna practice using him - almost.

And about using standard controllers, I too just use the standard 360 pad, blame Madcatz though for not having their stuff not readily available in Europe...

I have a Hori EX2, but I hate it, especially the joystick itself...

jdub03

Skilotonn said:
That Gen's pretty nice - almost makes me wanna practice using him - almost.

And about using standard controllers, I too just use the standard 360 pad, blame Madcatz though for not having their stuff not readily available in Europe...

I have a Hori EX2, but I hate it, especially the joystick itself...

I have a couple vids of a better gen saved on my 360. His name is rokatsu or something. I'll see if I can put it up later.

Kureishima said:
What's the consensus on the 360 Fightpad from MadCatz? Worth bothering with to escape that DPAD? It's a decent product though, and not traditional MadCatz crap?

It's an upgrade from the standard pad. I bought it for the Xbox and PS3 but returned it for the PS3. I think the pad is a little big and lacks some of the ergonomics of the Saturn Pad. Also, mine sometimes might crouch or do odd little things it was mentioned in the SRK thread. But it's definitely a 4/5.

I played HD remix with the standard pad and hated it.

Like to see those Rokatsu videos.

Adam Prime said:
Hey guys quick question:

I played a few levels of megaman 9 with my Hori FS3. Dunno if the later stages require dual analog though

Finally got to G2E. Can't wait to see the comp everyone was talking about.

Some gripes. I played two back-to-back championship matches in which the opponent disconnected. I couldn't believe it. The system is still shady.

And I ran into a match where my opponent had 18 percent disconnect rate. So, I give the guy the benefit of the doubt. But he went and did it anyways, even though he was using Balrog.

bunker

McBradders said:
First day back playing and I got some awesome hatemail! Yay!

Got some "hatemail" a couple days ago that was relatively creative. He did a nice job of mixing in a reference to my tag.

210y6c6.jpg

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
god I hate bison.

I give up vs him before the match is even over now subconciously. he's soooo damn hard to beat with blanka. F U headstomp.

*sobs*

Top Bottom