• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
FindMyFarms said:
This is the thread you want.

But if you want a short answer, modding the SE stick is VERY EASY and all you need is a screwdriver. Get yourself a Sanwa Stick and some Sanwa buttons, and you have the exact same thing as the TE stick but in a different case. So yes, save yourself some money and mod your SE instead of buying a TE.

>>This here is a walk through on modding the SE stick<<

this man knows what's up.

I did exactly this and I'm very happy with the results. the sticks and buttons are MUCH better.

I used sanwa stuff.

FindMyFarms said:
Is there any 2k9 footage of Valle on sf4? How has he fared against other top socal players? I remember you lost to his Ken, is he going to use him for Evo or is he still using dictator (or at least that's who I saw him use in some of his 2k8 footage)
There's not much footage right now of Valle at SF4. Some are claiming he's not too hot in SF4 right now. But he challenged Wong to a first-to-7 money match so he's confident he can take on anyone.

GalacticAE said:
I heard he

There's not much footage right now of Valle at SF4. Some are claiming he's not too hot in SF4 right now. But he challenged Wong to a first-to-7 money match so he's confident he can take on anyone.

Any comment on who his main char. is?

Also ed ma used Akuma in the latest AI ranbat, pretty sick. He seems to always go for resets instead of finishing.

edit

HOBART

I missed the part where you were complaining about button sensitivity. You can use seimitsus instead of Sanwas to take care of that, it's the exact same process and is also outlined in the walkthrough I linked to.

dralla

is there any frame data on linking moves? it feels a lot easier to link with ryu/ken than most other people. just more 'linkable frames' with them which makes the window larger?

dralla said:
is there any frame data on linking moves? it feels a lot easier to link with ryu/ken than most other people. just more 'linkable frames' with them which makes the window larger?

theres the srk wiki frame data, and then you kinda just have to do the math to figure out what can/can't be linked.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
McBradders said:
Crossposted from the arcade stick thread :)

So, today my art and plexiglass cover arrived... one hour later and... here are the results;

I kinda want to take my stick and put some totally strange art on it that's unrelated to fighting games.

I just need to find a picture of Artie, the Strongest Man in the World that's big enough.

Reached 14000+ GP yesterday in Championship Mode, and I think I'm intentionally going to postpone reaching G1-E from this point on. At least until more people have ranked up. That way I can still be on the look-out for good players in G2 for as long as possible, since the G1 population is naturally much smaller for the moment.

Also got to play Gerjay and Arturo yesterday, since I was curious to see how I'd fair against more defensive, more precise Dhalsims in a mirror match. A three bar connection didn't seem to hold them back fortunately, as both matches were pretty close regardless of the distance between us. Did some stupid stuff during the match against Gerjay (like accidentally teleporting into his Ultra when I was trying to unleash my own), and funnily enough I could hardly throw Arturo around (and vice versa luckily) because we kept teching each other at almost every grab opportunity. Even got a small complimentary message from Arturo right before he sent me a friends request after a rematch later that day, so I was feeling a bit more confident after those encounters.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Is it that Allisoune guy?

He isn't even that good.. :X

Eternal GameGod is worse.. How the heck did that guy get so high.. He must just play endlessly.
There are highly ranked players out there that are significantly worse; SFCHAMPION and playaathome come to mind for instance. Let me say this first though to avoid any misunderstandings: I'm not the kind of guy who ridicules inexperienced players that are still trying to learn the game and strive to get better (since everyone had to at one point or another), but guys like these these two aren't like that at all. SFCHAMPION (a Blanka) mashes buttons like crazy whenever he wants to do that electricity move + he overly relies on cross-ups, while playaathome (a Ken) keeps twirling his stick while bashing the punch button as soon as he gets hit within range of the Dragon Punch. When he has a full Ultra bar, he'll make it his dying mission to hit confirm it with an aerial EX Tatsu no matter what, because that's seemingly the only way he could connect it every time I faced him. Guess he doesn't know any other moves which allows to mash the Ultra input until it comes out...

Once those tactics don't work anymore, they have (from my experience) absolutely no idea what to do next. Haven't spotted any of their latest replays yet in the leaderboards, but I wouldn't be surprised if they (sadly) haven't changed one bit. Just goes to show how bad of a rank system Championship Mode is when you can make it to the "top" of the leaderboards with mostly stubborness, since players like that only grind their way up with gimmicky strategies instead of actually improving their game along the way. Hell I don't think I've even seen them use Focus Attacks either...

Won

MicVlaD said:
Reached 14000+ GP yesterday in Championship Mode, and I think I'm intentionally going to postpone reaching G1-E from this point on. At least until more people have ranked up. That way I can still be on the look-out for good players in G2 for as long as possible, since the G1 population is naturally much smaller for the moment.

You guys need stop thinking like that. You know, if everyone says they are not going to play, because there is no one around to play than there is no one around to play!
(that sentence made sense in my head...)

Leaderboard looks a bit silly because of this. You have 100 players in the 15000-15100 range and the next 100 players are from 14000- 15000 range....:lol :(

There are highly ranked players out there that are significantly worse; SFCHAMPION and playaathome come to mind for instance. ......

It is hard to keep track of all the Ken players, but hey, at least playaathome knows one trick outside of shoryuken.

SFCHAMPION on the other hand....played him a hour ago. Third match in the G1 tournament. Third Blanka I met in G1, who is G3 material at best. Instead he is G1....and even reached round 3 there.....there is something in the jungle that nets them free wins I guess.

FindMyFarms said:
Most people that are into fighting games aren't into sports, so seeing a loud/showboating competitor isn't something most are accustomed to.

Usually the more competitive something is, the less exposure these people get due to it not being much of a novelty anymore. Most sports have a lot of these guys at the top level, but since fighting games really aren't that competitive, you get one loudmouth (combined with the audience I just described) and people start talking/hating.

I can understand the shit talking during the game, especially because most of the top guys seem to know each other. Hearing Wong talk shit after the Gamespot Tourney and then how the Rufus v. Ryu matchup was what cost him against Daigo was what annoyed me. If you are going to talk that much shit when you win, you have to take your losses like a man.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TurtleSnatcher said:
Is it that Allisoune guy?

He isn't even that good.. :X

Eternal GameGod is worse.. How the heck did that guy get so high.. He must just play endlessly.

Me and my sis were laughing at how bad he is :lol :lol I beat him back in G3 =P

wrecked everybody on player matches with honda today except some competent balrog. dunno how to fight him with my new fav. fatman yet, but it seems this matchup is gonna be very boring.

Shadow780

hobart

FindMyFarms said:
HOBART

I missed the part where you were complaining about button sensitivity. You can use seimitsus instead of Sanwas to take care of that, it's the exact same process and is also outlined in the walkthrough I linked to.

Cheers. And thanks to everyone who replied as well. I think part of it is the fact that I'm still getting used to the stick in general... the feel and control of my character... going from right>left to left>right...... but I really need to get used to linking those specials off combos. I'm very noob to SF in general... but when you see the input read exactly what you are supposed to be doing... and the character doesn't do it... it drives you batty!

Regardless... I think I'd feel more comfortable AT LEAST with an 8-gate. I find myself searching for the sweetspots a little too much... I think 8 will help me get the feel of the positioning a whole lot better. The buttons --- well I like things that match ;) Might as well make the stick better too. I may buy both sets of buttons... see which feels better for me.

hobart said:
Cheers. And thanks to everyone who replied as well. I think part of it is the fact that I'm still getting used to the stick in general... the feel and control of my character... going from right>left to left>right...... but I really need to get used to linking those specials off combos. I'm very noob to SF in general... but when you see the input read exactly what you are supposed to be doing... and the character doesn't do it... it drives you batty!

Regardless... I think I'd feel more comfortable AT LEAST with an 8-gate. I find myself searching for the sweetspots a little too much... I think 8 will help me get the feel of the positioning a whole lot better. The buttons --- well I like things that match ;) Might as well make the stick better too. I may buy both sets of buttons... see which feels better for me.
I'll just come in here and assure you that you're not the only one struggling with an arcade stick right now. It kind of "clicked" on 'n off today when I was playing with Dan (with another player whom just bought an SE stick as well mind you) and it felt like a blast when it did, but it's a little embarrassing how much slower my game has become for now. I'm certain it'll improve over time however. Ironic personal note: with the controller, I occassionally still have trouble doing quarter-circle and Shoryuken motions to the left. Doing them to the left is just fine. With the arcade stick (which allows for more accurate movements) on the other hand, it's become entirely the opposite! Dagnabbit!

Anyway... This is coming from someone who's spent approximately 250 hours playing Street Fighter IV with the analog stick of the default 360 controller, so it's simply a matter of being comfortable using an arcade stick, not so much about "noobiness".

I've had this since launch. Someone teach me how not to suck at this game. Any tips and advice who to play? I don't want to resort to using ken\ryu\saget\blanka... I prefer to play a female character from what I've seen chun li or cammy look like decent picks but I'm open to anyone really.. Also I have a fightpad and the old DOA4 stick. I've never really used sticks before I just bought it cause gamestop had it for $20 brand new, any advice on which I should get used to using?

hobart

MicVlaD said:
I'll just come in here and assure you that you're not the only one struggling with an arcade stick right now. It kind of "clicked" on 'n off today when I was playing with Dan (with another player whom just bought an SE stick as well mind you) and it felt like a blast when it did, but it's a little embarrassing how much slower my game has become for now. I'm certain it'll improve over time however. Ironic personal note: with the controller, I occassionally still have trouble doing quarter-circle and Shoryuken motions to the left. Doing them to the left is just fine. With the arcade stick (which allows for more accurate movements) on the other hand, it's become entirely the opposite! Dagnabbit!

Anyway... This is coming from someone who's spent approximately 250 hours playing Street Fighter IV with the analog stick of the default 360 controller, so it's simply a matter of being comfortable using an arcade stick, not so much about "noobiness".

Well... I'm definitely a noob :) I have general knowledge of fighters, but, I've never really tried to take it to the next level. After hanging out in this thread and watching a TON of vids... I quickly found out how little I really know -- and how much I wanted to figure it all out!

I just spent some time face the computer on the hardest difficulty and although it certainly isn't a way to get better, per se, it certainly is helping me get used to using the stick in general. Aside from training mode which has helped me get the timing down on a lot of my combos... the vs. computer has allowed me a chance to break in my skills... so to say.

What really sucks for me right now is that I think my PS3 has a faulty WiFi card. I'm unable to get online to really test myself (and lose often!)... so... I'll just have to wait until I get my XBOX working again.

comrade

Shadow780 said:
Anything on modding the TE stick with oct gate and bat top?
Bat top literally just screws in and the Octagonal gate just pops into 4 plastic tabs as well. A tutorial would be overkill.

Imm0rt4l

anybody on PSN wanna play? GODHAND04. if anyone could invite me to gafchat, that would be nice. Im a Gouken player btw, though i wanna switch.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
MicVlaD said:
There are highly ranked players out there that are significantly worse; SFCHAMPION and playaathome come to mind for instance. Let me say this first though to avoid any misunderstandings: I'm not the kind of guy who ridicules inexperienced players that are still trying to learn the game and strive to get better (since everyone had to at one point or another), but guys like these these two aren't like that at all. SFCHAMPION (a Blanka) mashes buttons like crazy whenever he wants to do that electricity move + he overly relies on cross-ups, while playaathome (a Ken) keeps twirling his stick while bashing the punch button as soon as he gets hit within range of the Dragon Punch. When he has a full Ultra bar, he'll make it his dying mission to hit confirm it with an aerial EX Tatsu no matter what, because that's seemingly the only way he could connect it every time I faced him. Guess he doesn't know any other moves which allows to mash the Ultra input until it comes out...

Once those tactics don't work anymore, they have (from my experience) absolutely no idea what to do next. Haven't spotted any of their latest replays yet in the leaderboards, but I wouldn't be surprised if they (sadly) haven't changed one bit. Just goes to show how bad of a rank system Championship Mode is when you can make it to the "top" of the leaderboards with mostly stubborness, since players like that only grind their way up with gimmicky strategies instead of actually improving their game along the way. Hell I don't think I've even seen them use Focus Attacks either...

What exactly is wrong with mashing buttons when you're trying to do electricity? Isn't that how you do the move? I don't get it.

What is wrong with mashing DP when you're getting combo'ed?

That Gootecks Boxer video was great. Wish one of those existed for every character. I need to do focus back dash more on cross ups..

That actually almost makes me want to try Boxer.

Timedog said:
What exactly is wrong with mashing buttons when you're trying to do electricity? Isn't that how you do the move? I don't get it.

What is wrong with mashing DP when you're getting combo'ed?
Yeah, both tactics are super effective online when there's the slightest lag. You'd have to be a sucker not to do it.

You guys with your input peeping creep me out. Mashing 4 life.

dralla

TurtleSnatcher said:
That Gootecks Boxer video was great. Wish one of those existed for every character. I need to do focus back dash more on cross ups..

that doesn't work very much. once the person sees you do it they'll bust out an armor breaking move. it's a once-in-a-while type thing.

prodystopian said:
I can understand the shit talking during the game, especially because most of the top guys seem to know each other. Hearing Wong talk shit after the Gamespot Tourney and then how the Rufus v. Ryu matchup was what cost him against Daigo was what annoyed me. If you are going to talk that much shit when you win, you have to take your losses like a man.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not justifying his actions at all. I was just pointing out that in sports there are way more loudmouth winers, so they don't get that much attention, whereas in SF, since the competitive environment is so much smaller, they stick out like a sore thumb.

Shadow780 said:
Anything on modding the TE stick with oct gate and bat top?

If you want something specific, you can go to the SRK forums. But for the most part you can wing it with both of those. The bat top you just screw on (you can unscrew the ball off by holding the shaft from the bottom after opening up your stick) and the octo gate is also something you just wedge in by hand.

DarkAngelYuna said:
I've had this since launch. Someone teach me how not to suck at this game. Any tips and advice who to play? I don't want to resort to using ken\ryu\saget\blanka... I prefer to play a female character from what I've seen chun li or cammy look like decent picks but I'm open to anyone really.. Also I have a fightpad and the old DOA4 stick. I've never really used sticks before I just bought it cause gamestop had it for $20 brand new, any advice on which I should get used to using?

I'm guessing you're a girl by your tag. If you're really interested in "learning" SF4, I'd say the most important thing is to pick a character that fits your play style, as opposed to someone that you can relate to. There's nothing wrong at all about "resorting" to Ryu. You might think he's played out cuz of all the online people, but he'll give you all the tools necessary to learn the basics. Once you get a hang of Ryu, I think making the transition to Cammy will be a little easier. Cammy is heavily based on footsies, and Ryu let's you learn that aspect of the game a little more forgivingly.

What exactly is giving you trouble in the game? It's best to take things separately and work on them individually as opposed to just trying to learn everything at one time. Granted, I'm not an expert, but I can point out a thing or two.

Timedog said:
why wouldn't you mash dp if you're getting link combo'ed?

If you're going up against someone good online, they'll usually test you first by stopping a link early and seeing if you do a dp. Once they know you're mashing, they'll bait em by ending block strings early and punishing big time.

Also saw your post on mashing for electricity. There's nothing wrong w/ mashing for electricity, but there's a much easier way to do it called a "slide." You press fierce punch, then slide your finger over mp, lp, back to mp, then back to fp again. Any "mash" special takes 5 inputs, doing it with the "slide" technique is wayyyy easier and a lot faster too. Anyone mashing is just making it harder on themselves :D >>Here's a video on how to do it<<

You need to know this stuff if you wanna keep your status as West Coast's finest :lol

TurtleSnatcher said:

Do it! Then I won't be the only boxer noob in Dallas :D

I played a little tonight. For whatever reason, it was raining Chun-Li today. I hate that ish. Everyone plays the same (which I can't fault them). Jump up and down. Throw out fireball. If I block a few strings, overhead. If I'm getting up, weird jump cross up. I thought I had conquered it, but this one guy did it all day to me, even though I know how to block a cross up. Gah!!

Also ran into a Claw. His trickery is also getting the best of me sometimes. Just playing chase or trying to hit him out of a dive.

I'm still lowly ranked at 2900GP, but I have no problem beating some high GP players. The points don't really equate to skill level. I'm just blown away by the fact I don't have the same points even though I can beat them.

Thanks for the tips. I really like cammy because of her quick play style, the only thing I don't like is the lack of a range attack but if I ever get better at zoning in that probably wouldn't matter much. I basically think I rarely win because I always spam special moves like canon drill, canon spike, upper cuts, fireballs etc over and over and never learn any combos or whatever. =\ its probably more than that though

Spiderjericho said:
I played a little tonight. For whatever reason, it was raining Chun-Li today. I hate that ish. Everyone plays the same (which I can't fault them). Jump up and down. Throw out fireball. If I block a few strings, overhead. If I'm getting up, weird jump cross up. I thought I had conquered it, but this one guy did it all day to me, even though I know how to block a cross up. Gah!!

Also ran into a Claw. His trickery is also getting the best of me sometimes. Just playing chase or trying to hit him out of a dive.

I'm still lowly ranked at 2900GP, but I have no problem beating some high GP players. The points don't really equate to skill level. I'm just blown away by the fact I don't have the same points even though I can beat them.

The points don't matter at allllll. 2 weeks ago (when I wasn't sucking it up online) I played on my friend's ps3 and wiped out half of the top 10 on PSN leaderboards. Our very own Haunts and y2dvd are nowhere to be found near the top.

Players at the top are good, but not great. All the best players don't bother with online and mainly play locals/arcades. That's not a knock on anyone at all though, most people at the top of online leader boards just don't have the chance to get great local/arcade sessions in so online competition is their best venue. Just the nature of the beast.

DarkAngelYuna said:
Thanks for the tips. I really like cammy because of her quick play style, the only thing I don't like is the lack of a range attack but if I ever get better at zoning in that probably wouldn't matter much. I basically think I rarely win because I always spam special moves like canon drill, canon spike, upper cuts, fireballs etc over and over and never learn any combos or whatever. =\ its probably more than that though

NP. If you're going to learn Cammy (though I still strongly urge you check Ryu first) and you're new to the game here's a few tips that'll set you up :

- Make sure you're execution is spot on. Remember, you're fighting the opponent, not your controls!

- Don't spam jump!!!!!! Use it when necessary, but not excessively. Conversely, don't let your opponent jump!!!! Make sure EVERY time they jump in on you that they eat a cannon spike. Keep them as grounded as possible to take advantage of Cammy's excellent ground game.

- You're right, don't spam special moves. Her Spiral Arrow (SA) is great for punishing whiffed specials or pokes. It's also great to combo into off of a cr. mk. Use Cammy's cr. lk xx cr. lp link as a setup for a tick throw.

- Cammy's Focus Attack is awesome. It has great range and is really fast. A nice trick is to stand where you know they can sweep you, then just use your focus attack. Lots of times they'll try to hit you with a sweep once you're in range, so your counter with the focus attack will most likely crumple them.

- Cammy's dash - it's also really good! Know the range of both the front and back dash. You can catch a lot of people off guard by just dashing in and throwing them.

- Lots of people in this thread record themselves. If you got a vid post it up!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
FindMyFarms said:
Also saw your post on mashing for electricity. There's nothing wrong w/ mashing for electricity, but there's a much easier way to do it called a "slide." You press fierce punch, then slide your finger over mp, lp, back to mp, then back to fp again. Any "mash" special takes 5 inputs, doing it with the "slide" technique is wayyyy easier and a lot faster too. Anyone mashing is just making it harder on themselves :D >>Here's a video on how to do it<<

You need to know this stuff if you wanna keep your status as West Coast's finest :lol

If they test you on it then you can mix it up and when they pause then throw/jump away/go into block string/overhead blah blah blah whatever. It's just another rock paper scissors thing, it is not inherently a bad technique. Pausing to block the SRK isn't some be all end all measure that completely negates dp mashing, unless the dp masher never learns.

EDIT: FUCKING HELL. No one has answer this question, but is there lag time on blocking a cross up? I keep getting hit with crossups that I know I blocked in time. And I'm not talking about input lag.

ultim8p00

Banned
I know using the word "cheap" kind of makes me look like a scrub or whatever, but I really really hate people that play "cheap." It's like what's the point? Why not actually learn how to play right and have fun? And I'm not using the word "cheap" here just for those instances when I got beat, but even those that I beat. It's not fun. It's just an incredibly frustrating experience.

I was playing this FUCKING ANNOYING Akuma tonight. Damn this guy got on my nerves!! He'd basically just sit there and spam fireballs over and over. I would doge them, FA absorb them, you know, whatever. As soon as I get close to him and maybe land a few crossups/combos on him and he'd just do the slide to the other side of the screen and start spamming fireballs over and over. Argh!!! Pissed me off so much I almost lost out of sheer frustration. The match took FOREVER and I'd like hit him once then he would run away with the Akuma slide. Why do people play like this? Are you even having fun? Are you learning anything?

Right after that, I played a Gief player. Same old shit. Green hand -> throws etc. GAFs advice of jumping worked, but I lost the match nonetheless because I pretty much just gave up to get out of the fucking shitty match faster.

Contrast that with one Balrog player I just faced. He was tough damn! It was a fantastic match and we went into the third round and it was so close I thought we would double KO. He had me in the corner and the only reason I won was because I anticipated him using Balrog's special to chip me away to death so I just jumped and shinkued him in the bottocks.

"Right after that, I played a Gief player. Same old shit. Green hand -> throws etc. GAFs advice of jumping worked"

Don't listen to that advice. One more time, bolded and capitalized:

IF YOU BLOCK GREEN HAND YOU GET A FREE THROW/COMBO.

Don't pass up on free damage.

ultim8p00

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"Right after that, I played a Gief player. Same old shit. Green hand -> throws etc. GAFs advice of jumping worked"

Don't listen to that advice. One more time, bolded and capitalized:

IF YOU BLOCK GREEN HAND YOU GET A FREE THROW/COMBO.

Don't pass up on free damage.

Woah nice! I will try. I thought Gief's throw after that was insta and pretty much invulnerable. Jumping works well enough but I can't get the timing right.

KittenMaster said:
They *are* playing right, and they have fun playing people that can counter their stuff.

Yeah my rant was about the fact that I wasn't having fun. I mean, I knew what to do to beat him but it was just incredibly frustrating getting close to him only to have him run away like that over and over. And it was pretty obvious that he's not learning anything as all I had to do was get in close to deal damage using very predictable methods.

GG's Timedog. I actually recorded our matches.

I hate Ryu so it was good to practice against one. Though I ran into way too many random shoryukens.. I'm just a really impatient fighter and I hate jumping back and turtling.. I should have turtled up like you :p

Good matches. Though without Fuerte i seemed a bit more successful just Fuerte has trouble approaching the Shoryuken Turtle strat :(

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
gg's turtlesnatcher. Is your main Gen or Elf?

I can't play with anyone other than ryu, but I picked some others to make it less boring.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TurtleSnatcher said:
GG's Timedog. I actually recorded our matches.

I hate Ryu so it was good to practice against one. Though I ran into way too many random shoryukens.. I'm just a really impatient fighter and I hate jumping back and turtling.. I should have turtled up like you :p

Good matches. Though without Fuerte i seemed a bit more successful just Fuerte has trouble approaching the Shoryuken Turtle strat :(

I turtled because I don't really know the matchups against Gen and Elf since everyone online just plays Sagat, Ryu, Ken, Boxer, Bison, Akuma, and Blanka. If I try to be offensive when I don't know the matchups well I tend to get demolished. BUT, it seemed like turtling vs. El Fuerte might be a good strat. Some characters I turtle heavily against, like Chun Li.

I have no clue what to do when waking up against fuerte. I let too many cross ups happen against Gen.

Timedog said:
I turtled because I don't really know the matchups against Gen and Elf since everyone online just plays Sagat, Ryu, Ken, Boxer, Bison, Akuma, and Blanka. If I try to be offensive when I don't know the matchups well I tend to get demolished. BUT, it seemed like turtling vs. El Fuerte might be a good strat. Some characters I turtle heavily against, like Chun Li.

I have no clue what to do when waking up against fuerte. I let too many cross ups happen against Gen.
With Fuerte its always tough. I noticed you'd use EX Shoryuken to get yourself out and safe then jump back after you recovered from it. Sometimes I'd bait your wakeup.. Sometimes Id go gungho. I wish I could master my j. FP cross up.. everytime I tried it came out weird.. only had like 1 or 2 successful hits.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TurtleSnatcher said:
With Fuerte its always tough. I noticed you'd use EX Shoryuken to get yourself out and safe then jump back after you recovered from it. Sometimes I'd bait your wakeup.. Sometimes Id go gungho. I wish I could master my j. FP cross up.. everytime I tried it came out weird.. only had like 1 or 2 successful hits.

Yeah that's the only thing I could think of other than trying to guess which one of like 6 different options youd choose cause I don't have the reaction time to react to it on the fly. Now I'm thinking backdash might work depending on the start up frames.

I need to learn to do quick wake-ups against him.

Timedog said:
Yeah that's the only thing I could think of other than trying to guess which one of like 6 different options youd choose cause I don't have the reaction time to react to it on the fly. Now I'm thinking backdash might work depending on the start up frames.

I need to learn to do quick wake-ups against him.
Back dash is nice since it gives some invuln but if they read it you can be thrown out of it with one of his throw moves if aimed right.

Or even Ultra.

ultim8p00 said:
Woah nice! I will try. I thought Gief's throw after that was insta and pretty much invulnerable. Jumping works well enough but I can't get the timing right.

Yeah my rant was about the fact that I wasn't having fun. I mean, I knew what to do to beat him but it was just incredibly frustrating getting close to him only to have him run away like that over and over. And it was pretty obvious that he's not learning anything as all I had to do was get in close to deal damage using very predictable methods.
GAF's advice was to jump if the green hand lands in front of you but doesnt actually hit you..

I think we or I know I said punish if you block it..

Dreavus

Man, I brought the SE stick over to a friends house and played a ton of matches. For some reason, I was having a ton of fun using charge characters I don't use very often. I don't know what it is about using a stick, but I was having a blast using Bison and Balrog. :lol

Maybe it's because I can at least do THEIR ultras consistently. Goddamn x2 qcf motions... I need more time in training. =(

Top Bottom