• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Dartastic

So I was in a semi-final match earlier. I was playing Ryu, my opponent was Zangief. I was happy with this match-up. So, SECONDS into the match, my tv suddenly loses the signal. WTF. So what do I decide to do? Hold down on my joystick, while frantically slamming the HK button. During this panic period, I change the channel on my tv then switch back to the channel SF4 is on, hoping to regain signal. When I do regain signal, I see that Zangief is just about to jump in on me, and he has about 1/4 of his life left. He then ate a jab SRK to ultra. Round 1 - ME. All I did was sweep the entire time! :lol

Dartastic said:
So I was in a semi-final match earlier. I was playing Ryu, my opponent was Zangief. I was happy with this match-up. So, SECONDS into the match, my tv suddenly loses the signal. WTF. So what do I decide to do? Hold down on my joystick, while frantically slamming the HK button. During this panic period, I change the channel on my tv then switch back to the channel SF4 is on, hoping to regain signal. When I do regain signal, I see that Zangief is just about to jump in on me, and he has about 1/4 of his life left. He then ate a jab SRK to ultra. Round 1 - ME. All I did was sweep the entire time! :lol

ahem...Ryu nerf plz.

Seriously though, that's funny :p

EraldoCoil said:
every time i log into it i'm the only one there, lol.

care to play a few?

Well, I guess I'm part of the problem since I don't have a working ps3 :/

I hear though that most gaffers would rather play championship mode.

edit - r u getting the ufc game?

FindMyFarms said:
Well, I guess I'm part of the problem since I don't have a working ps3 :/

I hear though that most gaffers would rather play championship mode.

edit - r u getting the ufc game?

yeah, bought it on tuesday

Man I started playing Sim for fun and he's slowly starting to replace Rog...there's just something so fun about punching someone from across the screen!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Whose getting on PSN tonight? The Gaf PSN chat has pretty slow recently, we need some more people! If anyone needs an invite, send me a friend request(Armonix) and I'll send you one. Hopefully we can get a good amount of people.

McLovin

Guys need some advice. Anyone know how to nicely tell friends they can't play SF4 in my house any more? You see they are very aggressive and competitive. Their controllers hardly work anymore so they've been coming to my house. When they play I can hear the analog sticks and R2/L2 buttons flapping like crazy :(

LakeEarth

I know how you feel man, my dad somehow broke the analog stick off of 3 N64 controllers. I know those sticks were weak, but I don't know anyone else who pushed them so hard they kept snapping off.

dralla

McLovin said:
Guys need some advice. Anyone know how to nicely tell friends they can't play SF4 in my house any more? You see they are very aggressive and competitive. Their controllers hardly work anymore so they've been coming to my house. When they play I can hear the analog sticks and R2/L2 buttons flapping like crazy :(

tell them the batteries ran out so they need to bring their own controllers

McLovin said:
lol, when I have frieds over the grip the JLF levers hard with their whole fist and move the stick with their arms and mash like they on Happ parts or some shit and I have to yell at them you don't play like that on japanese parts

h3ro

McLovin said:

BYOC

McLovin

I think I'll just buy another controller and keep it hidden. The faces they make when they play are priceless.. like youtube material :lol

Hey Wildabeast,
If you caught the first live video stream of The Street Fighter Podcast last night, you heard about a new show that I'm starting up TONIGHT called The Road to SBO.

The first goal of the show is to raise money to pay for travel expenses for whichever teams qualify at Denjin Arcade on June 6th for 3rd Strike and Street Fighter 4.

Mike Ross and I will be playing people over Xbox Live for donations and the games will be streamed live.

If that's something you're interested in doing, please click here for more info.

Ryan Gutierrez aka gootecks

This dude is always propositioning and trying to make a buck. But at least it's toward his profession of playing Street Fighter. He's also been giving back to the community with the podcast, videos, etc.

Glad to see N33s back.

And GAFCHAT is dead. No one is ever on there. I'm tired of having conversations with my self. To compliment the banana guy, I'll create a multiple personality Strawberry Sagat Flare.

Spiderjericho said:
This dude is always propositioning and trying to make a buck. But at least it's toward his profession of playing Street Fighter. He's also been giving back to the community with the podcast, videos, etc.

Glad to see N33s back.

And GAFCHAT is dead. No one is ever on there. I'm tired of having conversations with my self. To compliment the banana guy, I'll create a multiple personality Strawberry Sagat Flare.

Team BananaScrubs strengthens!

Also, how many spots are open in SBO for US? A buddy of mine who frequents arcade UFO in austin qualifed for SBO, thought him and his friend were the only ones lol.

Well, that's the thing. With my multiple personalities, I can be my own team. One will use Ryu. One will use Sagat. One will use Boxer/Rufus.

Team StrawberryMilkshake.

I can't remember how many spots are open, but I do know it's limited. I think there's a thread about it on SRK. Err ninja edit, only two USA teams. Heavy competition.

It's crazy though. To fly to die. But Japan is off the chain. I'd go. There arcades are soooo smokey. But it's cool that you can sit and play.

GalacticAE said:
Only women sit when they play.

It's easier to smoke your cigarettes and drop the ashes in the ash tray. But their arcades are awesome.

CTF and the ones I've been to are night and day. The only thing is it's a little impersonal, as you don't get to see your opponent.

Yea, I like sit down cabs too. Even if they compromise my masculinity.

Oh, I miss the days of arcades. There's something magical about 4 guys standing up around an x-men cab and beating up bad guys.

I just realized SF4 is missing the FBI anti-drug warning. :(

AZ Greg

Anyone have some tips for Chun's 5th hard trial, particularly going from the EX Focus Attack to the Kintekishu (<- + MK)?

Yeah, I miss arcades too. Growing up in New York. The SF scene was tight in the 90s. But my mom moved to South Florida in the mid 90s. I used to play at this arcade called Cloverlief (and would sometimes venture to Grand Prix/Boomers). I'd religiously play every Saturday. Usually KOF whatever and whatever Alpha/III was hot at the time. The competition wasn't that great in hindsight. I remember looking on altsf2 and saw where the real players were. I remember I got schooled in Alpha 3 (but I wasn't a huge fan of that game).

But at least there's online. GAFchat can kind of be like the arcade where people can meet. I wish there was something on Live, since the infrastructure seems to be a bit better.

Arde5643

TurtleSnatcher said:
Those were crap matches by me.. :(

I made some really bad mistakes

EDIT: ARGH!! I keep editing and wanting to cut it out and edit into my last post but I always get busy doing something else and forget and then hit "Post Reply" :lol
Turtle bro, where's all the cross jumping fierces?
It's like a desert with a drought of cross up j.fierces. :p

We gotsa play again one of these days - you can punish me everytime I spam far s.RH or failed cross-up j.fierces. :D

Spiderjericho said:
Yes, Find. I'm disappointed. You must fix your PS3 to defeat Timekllr!!

Be sure to check out the live stream tonight:

http://ufragtv.com/
who are these people? They are terribad.

Arde5643 said:
Turtle bro, where's all the cross jumping fierces?
It's like a desert with a drought of cross up j.fierces. :p

We gotsa play again one of these days - you can punish me everytime I spam far s.RH or failed cross-up j.fierces. :D

I tried a few times and everytime his wakeup shoryuken stuffed me everytime.

From what I heard, the GAF SF community is worse than the PSN one (even though Live performs better). Except for N3ss and a couple others, I don't have many SF friends on Live.

GGs Timekllr. I'm not a big fan of random play, but it's interesting.

Spiderjericho said:
From what I heard, the GAF SF community is worse than the PSN one (even though Live performs better). Except for N3ss and a couple others, I don't have many SF friends on Live.

GGs Timekllr. I'm not a big fan of random play, but it's interesting.
I prob have the most playtime on GAF and Im on XBLive! Heck yea go me..

Anyways..

GG's to Toneroni.. :)

He and I just sparred off for the first time since we played at GDC. I recorded all the matches. They will be up on YouTube soon!

toneroni

TurtleSnatcher said:
I prob have the most playtime on GAF and Im on XBLive! Heck yea go me..

Anyways..

GG's to Toneroni.. :)

He and I just sparred off for the first time since we played at GDC. I recorded all the matches. They will be up on YouTube soon!
no youtube (i knew it was a trap! shouldn't have accepted the invite :lol )
wait until i get like average first lol...GG's buddy :(

damn you! (shaking fist!) now imma be too tired for basketball tomorrow morning and with my luck that will be recorded and uploaded to youtube also showing my scrubbage in SF and RL! :lol

imma quit SF and go back to persona lol
but seriously, i'm so spazzy ever since I got the xbox back AND i'm back on pad too! :\

gotta start doing the challenges or start playing more often!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Copied and pasted from this here thread on SRK. Bolded the most interesting (IMHO) parts.

FallenAngel said:
Bored at work,so here it goes, straight from capcom japan's sf4 blog:

- Someone requested being able to rotate the camera while replaying matches. Capcom say's they will think about it.

- I don't have the game so maybe this gets mentioned in gouken's ending or something, but supposedly, he has a 12 year old daughter, that "probably is as strong as ryu,ken or gouki" and "maybe can do a one handed hadouken like his father can". I say stop adding shotos please

- It's confirmed that PC players can't fight XBOX players

- They mention that they could add Rolento (?!) if there's enough demand

- They will talk about the stages in a future post, and why each char doesn't have his/her own stage

- PC online play is free. We already knew this I think.

- One of the producers supposedly is a Tekken fan too. He plays with hwarang and...peku? Sorry not familiar with Tekken. He says he even started practicing taekwondo to emulate his chars, and dreamed of traveling to Korea.

- They are thinking about doing a SF4 related survey in the future. I think Capcom did something like this in the Alpha era

- Disconnect ratio is not for punishing bad losers,Capcom says. Only to show connection problems.

- A SF4 "2nd version" is practically confirmed in this post.

- Special intros (Gouken vs Ryu,etc) will probably be added in the next update/next
version

- They are thinking about adding what japanese playes call "diagram", the tier chart with the win/lose ratios for each matchup. They say they had working while they were developing the game and used it to improve balance. (in b4 Sagat comments)

- PC version wallpapers will be released soon

- PS3/XBoX360 differences in the update that was recently released are due to hardware limitations

- PC version gets the same sound options as consoles. No jap voice with eng subtitles for example.

- The language selected when you install the game on your PC will determine if Bison(dictator) is "Bison" or "Vega". You can't change this afterwards.

- They make a shameless plug for the Hori 360 stick,although they themselves say that it's hard to find. (like TE stick I guess)

- PC version minimun resolution is 640x480, recommended is 1280x720

- They say a lot of people are asking to be able to choose any song in the game with any stage. Capcom says a lot of effort went into selecting the proper song for each stage, but they will think of adding something similar to the game.

I omitted a few questions here and there, kept the most relevant.

SF4:2nd down

I think by the end of the year we'll have it. Hopefully it shifts the dynamics of the tiers a bit for the better. I'm just curious about how they're going to release the revision.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
DLC would make the most sense, I think. I just hope they figure out a good way to prevent fragmenting the console player base. Maybe something similar to HDR where you can choose whether you want to play the game with the original rules/mechanics and whatnot.

toneroni said:
no youtube (i knew it was a trap! shouldn't have accepted the invite :lol )
wait until i get like average first lol...GG's buddy :(

damn you! (shaking fist!) now imma be too tired for basketball tomorrow morning and with my luck that will be recorded and uploaded to youtube also showing my scrubbage in SF and RL! :lol

imma quit SF and go back to persona lol
but seriously, i'm so spazzy ever since I got the xbox back AND i'm back on pad too! :\

gotta start doing the challenges or start playing more often!
Videos are uploading now :) In some of them you can hear us talking on our headsets during quiet moments ;P

Top Bottom