• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Guymelef said:

ShopTo.net

If you pre-order "Street Fighter IV FightStick Arcade Controller - Tournament Edition" before 12pm on 18/2/2009 we will guarantee that you will receive it by the release date of 20/02/2009, if you do not receive it we will compensate you with £3.00 on your shopto account (Terms and Conditions apply).

Nightz

Just called Fry's and their computer says that the game will be coming on Thursday, so I'll stop by after work that day to see if they really do get it.

bumpkin

NinajHeartless said:
This blows, I'm reading SRK and all these dudes are getting the calls to tell them when to pick up their sticks.
Where's my call!? :mad:
I got one of those calls... Said my stick will be available for pickup Tuesday afternoon. And how strange? Why, it is Tuesday afternoon! :D

I'm so going to snag it tonight. I'll be sure to post pics later!

bumpkin said:
I got one of those calls... Said my stick will be available for pickup Tuesday afternoon. And how strange? Why, it is Tuesday afternoon! :D

;_; lucky
still no call for me, I work at the fucking place for crying out loud (though I am a low level grunt) and I don't know if we're getting my stick (I'm the only one who pre-ordered it at our store)
fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Zertez

Question for those who have the TE sticks already. Is the box sealed or shrink wrapped in any way? It looks like anyone can take it out and "test it" then put it back in without much trouble.

ashism

bumpkin said:

Everyones getting the call but not the actual sticks today. So it seems so far at least.

DIRTY-D

Darkman M said:
edit: actually mine is scheduled for delivery on the 24th with overnight shipping.

NICE ...same here. I got 2 TE's waiting to be delivered. The wait is painful.

At least someone at my work got the game...so at least I can check that out tommorrow.

Should be cool....and thank god my bosses are cool with us playing cause we got no deadlines. Whoo hoo!

Chorazin

Zertez said:
Question for those who have the TE sticks already. Is the box sealed or shrink wrapped in any way? It looks like anyone can take it out and "test it" then put it back in without much trouble.

No shrink wrap, but the flap you lift up has circular tape in two places.

HoTHiTTeR

Which one should I keep?

Ryu, Blanka, or neither? :lol

fightpads.jpg

CAVE343

Zertez said:

They could touch my stick whereever they want, as long as I get it

Sallokin

I think the situation with the sticks is kind of ridiculous as well. Just all sorts of random dates and certain stores shipping while others aren't. I can't believe Amazon is still listing the 24th as the earliest I'm going to get my stick. Does it have something to do with allocation or something. I'm speaking specifically about the standard fight stick btw.

CAVE343

I think the demands for the sticks are way more than they can supply. I'm curious when the sticks will widely available, the SE

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
That combo is actually easy to do, just requires a corner. The hard one was the one two combos earlier.

Saving Attack cancel to Dash, f+HP, link to c.HP x Shoryuken XX Shinkuu Hadoken.

THAT one is the hard one.

Darkman M

Sallokin said:
I think the situation with the sticks is kind of ridiculous as well. Just all sorts of random dates and certain stores shipping while others aren't. I can't believe Amazon is still listing the 24th as the earliest I'm going to get my stick. Does it have something to do with allocation or something. I'm speaking specifically about the standard fight stick btw.

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if all TE sticks are being relocated to Gamestop stores to fill out there pre-orders : (. It's a bit strange Gamestop seems to be the only retailer people are getting sticks or at least getting legit release dates.

LordK

HoTHiTTeR said:
Which one should I keep?

Ryu, Blanka, or neither? :lol

fightpads.jpg

Keep Blanka so you can feel the electricity run through your veins as you beat down people. Then proceed to Blanka Ball through the TV and hit the other player.

RavenFox

Banned
Zertez said:
There are seals on both ends of the flap that covers the actual stick. If they are broken take it back.

Guled

don't know if its old or not but
I'm sorry people feel disappointed in the "brawlers."

I do think the CE is a good package overall, and people were very excited about the package before they had any idea about the DLC, so I do find it a little strange that getting something extra (but not exactly what you wished it would be) would actually cause people to reverse their feelings. I personally voted for a different pack to be included, but sometimes things aren't that simple.

Is the DLC "under-handed"? Although I work for Capcom now, even as a life-long SF fan, I don't understand these feelings. The DLC you see on almost EVERY other game limits the player-base. If you don't want to pay for the DLC, you are not getting the same great experience, and won't be able to play with your friends (FPS map packs, Soul Calibur's DLC characters, etc.). I'm very proud that SFIV has not taken this road, and gives you the entire game, all the modes, all the moves, and all the characters as the BASE package.

The DLC that does actually affect the game is also free (expanded online rankings, matchmaking, and match recording stuff). I have to think that for anyone that's actually into Street Fighter, that stuff matters a lot more than El Fuerte's chef hat.

If you do want El Fuerte's hat, however, yes, Capcom is asking you for 80 cents. That is indeed Capcom trying to make money. That we're in business to make money cannot possibly surprise anyone. Where your voice comes in is whether we can make money while ALSO recognizing fans' voices and providing them great experiences. Listening to the fans has been a big priority for SFIV throughout its entire development (from bringing back the franchise in the first place, to playtesting with fans, to letting them pick characters to include, and even putting their faces in the game). The Collector's Edition in particular has a lot of solid fan service.

CE aside, you get everything relevant to the game for free. If you're a big SF fan, the DLC is a chance to go the extra mile for some non-essential goofiness and support one of your favorite franchises. By supporting Capcom and making SFIV a success, you are supporting the production of future SF games. If SFIV is not a success, the odds of making more games like this get pretty slim. If supporting the SF franchise in this way or just getting the zany alternate costumes is not important to you, there is no pressure to buy it whatsoever--you are still playing the same great game as everybody else.

I'm not telling anybody anything they don't alreeady know, I guess I'm just looking for a little perspective here. I'm proud of the SFIV package, and VERY proud of the decision not to nerf gameplay with DLC. The bottom line is that SFIV is a potentially epic game--angry discussions about 80-cent hats do not embiggen us all.

best,

Seth

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Oichi said:
That combo is actually easy to do, just requires a corner. The hard one was the one two combos earlier.

Saving Attack cancel to Dash, f+HP, link to c.HP x Shoryuken XX Shinkuu Hadoken.

THAT one is the hard one.

yeah looks impressive but isnt that bad.. any combo that includes c.lp into c.hp is always pain with him..

Just got home from work and was excited to see a package waiting on me from gamestop, I had been waiting on my 360 fightstick....opened it up and sure enough it's a fightstick, FOR THE PSFUCKINGTHREE!

Motherfuckers...I was looking forward to playing SS2HDR with the stick tonight...

yeb

TurtleSnatcher said:
Is it just me or is Fry's extremely inconsistent with the dates they are giving everyone :lol

From the 4th to the 18th to this Thursday.. it all over.
:lol Been reading SRK, I see. If only my local Fry's really did get it on the 4th.

I really don't trust any store that says they're getting it this week. Games without street dates just don't get shipped early like that.

Is there an online function in this game like quarter mode from the earlier Live release where you can watch two of your friends fight while waiting for your chance to fight the winner?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Guled said:
don't know if its old or not but

I understand and respect his point, but I don't like how he needs to go towards the pity party at the end of his message. I'm happy that the DLC doesn't break the game, thats for sure, but the alternate costumes were (for the great part) already made and in the disc already. For me, any DLC is cool as long as its PRODUCED after the game is shipped, or done, any work done prior to the game being on shelves should be free to the user. To me, that is fair and makes sense.

That being said, Ill still buy the DLC because YES I want to support the franchise, but I don't need Mr. Killian reminding me of that, have some pride!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Thinking about it, I should have taken Wednesday - Friday off of next week....work will be tough with SF on the brain. :lol

Edit; I think that second to last paragraph of Seth's was probably more out of being a fighting game fan than anything else. It's no different than what we say here on the forums I guess. I dunno. Don't care either way. :lol

yeb said:
:lol Been reading SRK, I see. If only my local Fry's really did get it on the 4th.

I really don't trust any store that says they're getting it this week. Games without street dates just don't get shipped early like that.
Trust me .. I plan on getting mine next week. All the hype and checking around early is a bit ridiculous.

Its not even street dated so even a 7-11 wouldn't get it any earlier then most other places

just called my gamestop here to see if I could exchange the goddamn ps3 stick they sent me with a 360 one and he said they aren't getting the sticks in until they get SF4 in...so i called gamestops 1800 number and sat there on hold for 5 goddamn minutes and then they hung up on me! FUCK FUCKING GAMESTOP.

TP

I called my local Gamestop and just like everybody else, no sign of the TE or standard Fighsticks. The guy on the other side was quick to respond with "available on the 18th"

maybe tomorrow

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
just called my gamestop here to see if I could exchange the goddamn ps3 stick they sent me with a 360 one and he said they aren't getting the sticks in until they get SF4 in...so i called gamestops 1800 number and sat there on hold for 5 goddamn minutes and then they hung up on me! FUCK FUCKING GAMESTOP.
Just call again.

The more patient you are the faster it will probably be resolved.

Where do you live anyways.

Guled

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
if its a TE stick I can buy it off you if you can't exchange it

Zertez

donkey show said:
Blah, Ashley from Gamestop lied to me. My sticks aren't in yet. =(
Tramp lied to me to, went down to the store and nothing. GS employee had no idea what I was talking about, so he tried to bs me saying they wont be in till the game releases. When he took the time to look it up, he changed his reply to tomorrow afternoon.

Zertez said:
Tramp lied to me to, went down to the store and nothing. GS employee had no idea what I was talking about, so he tried to bs me saying they wont be in till the game releases. When he took the time to look it up, he changed his reply to tomorrow afternoon.
LOL, same exact thing happened to me when I went down there. "Yeah, it's in transit."

vg260

Raging Spaniard said:
I understand and respect his point, but I don't like how he needs to go towards the pity party at the end of his message. I'm happy that the DLC doesn't break the game, thats for sure, but the alternate costumes were (for the great part) already made and in the disc already. For me, any DLC is cool as long as its PRODUCED after the game is shipped, or done, any work done prior to the game being on shelves should be free to the user. To me, that is fair and makes sense.

That being said, Ill still buy the DLC because YES I want to support the franchise, but I don't need Mr. Killian reminding me of that, have some pride!

I don't buy his argument. Also don't like how he tries to make the DLC sound like it's mere sofa change. Sure, it's 80 cents per costume, but for all of them it's $20, or 1/3 of the cost of the entire games. Let's break down the cost of everything in the game, and see how much it costs the consumer per asset. Sure would be a a heck of a lot less than 80 cents. That's a terrible value when second costumes are staples of 3d-modeled fighters.

Top Bottom