• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kintaro said:
360 should be fine I believe. Not 100% sure.

Thanks

Raging Spaniard said:
AAAH, MY TE STICK IS AT HOME (wife called) AND IM STILL AT WORKKKKKKKKKK

Lucky you, I have no wife at home so I might have missed mine while I'm at work. Damn you Gamestop and your slow ass tracking # updates :(

I still give them love for shipping so early though :)

Deep Crow

Neo Member
bdizzle said:
Unless you're playing on the 360. If you're playing on the 360 get a stick or get the madcatz pad. The 360 dpad is an abomination to all that is holy.

Yeah, I'm getting the MadCatz pad for sure. I tried playing the SFIIHDR demo and it was a mess with the standard 360 pad.

GalacticAE said:
According to Mycah Leonhart on SRK, Fry's in Houston said they're getting their copies in today and can sell them.

Shamelessly taken from the Home thread, but it seems Home outfits for SF IV can be unlocked through in game actions.

bumpkin

ShinAmano said:
If you have it reserved wont they call you?
It depends on the store. Mine has never called me personally to tell me something was in; I've only ever gotten the automated messages. And sometimes those aren't until days after I've already picked up the product I had reserved.

I'm gonna call and check my local GameStop a bit later (couple hours from now) once any shipment(s) that may have come in will be there, but hopefully someone here already has checked with a B&M store and can instill hope in the rest of us. :D

Anyone?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
yeb said:
Use the analog stick, it's decent once you get used to it. The only motions I ever had a lot of trouble with using the 360's analog stick were really large motions, like double half circles or 720s.

Also, I think I read that DPs are actually easier in SF4, and that you can do them just by hitting DF, DF+Punch. Can anyone confirm that?
The analog stick is worthless for anything but 360 motions and maybe charge moves for me. If you can do qcf and dp's on an analog stick then a joystick would be a great investment.

I understand the people who say the 360 dpad is less than optimal, but I don't understand the people who say they can't pull off any moves at all on it. It reminds me of the original saturn dpad in some ways (yes, there was more than one saturn gamepad) so maybe I just got used to it. Like how you can get used to a stinky dog.

dexterslu

TurtleSnatcher said:
Eh very very few stores..

Most won't receive them until later.

East Lansing Michigan is getting theirs tomorrow, I'd assume MOST are getting them.

Has anyone actually picked up a copy at a best buy or another B&M?

Got the game today (debug review copy) and I concur with sp0rsk's outrage: CPU-controlled Seth is an infuriating, teleporting son of a bitch.

Can't play too well with the standard 360 controller though, at least when I select Dhalsim (I've had less trouble with Abel). It's painfully clear that an arcade stick is practically a necessity for this game if I want to execute his advanced combo's (let alone FADC's), since I can't even pass the third trial - the previous two only covered his standard attacks by the way - in the Trial Mode.

dexterslu said:
East Lansing Michigan is getting theirs tomorrow, I'd assume MOST are getting them.

Has anyone actually picked up a copy at a best buy or another B&M?
Go call every other store then the one store that is getting a few in your area.. They won't be.

yeb

SapientWolf said:
The analog stick is worthless for anything but 360 motions and maybe charge moves for me. If you can do qcf and dp's on an analog stick then a joystick would be a great investment.

I understand the people who say the 360 dpad is less than optimal, but I don't understand the people who say they can't pull off any moves at all on it. It reminds me of the original saturn dpad in some ways (yes, there was more than one saturn gamepad) so maybe I just got used to it. Like how you can get used to a stinky dog.
I don't see how you could do a 360 motion but not a QCF. >_>

Anyway, the 360's d-pad sucking isn't a matter of opinion. It's designed in such a way that certain parts bump into parts they're not supposed to, and that causes it to read things inaccurately. In detailed training modes like VF5, you can even see the way it randomly changes directions.

With the d-pad, you can do the exact same thing twice and get different results. It's especially bad for a new player, because they can never be sure whether they're doing the motion wrong or if they're doing it right and the controller is failing to read it properly. At least with the analog stick, they can be sure it's their fault and learn to move their thumb a little differently.

ShinAmano

My fried just called me all excited (I thought he found a place to buy the game early)...apparently a co-worker of his is a dirty pirate. I told him to tell his co-worker he was a dirty bastard.

My early hopes are pinned on 7-11/Walmart...but either way only a week left.

Mr Jared

I don't understand the Seth outrage. He fails to block more than half the time you attack him. The only time he teleports is when he does it multiple times in a row and in that case, you just hop around and hope you land near him. Other than that, he's a combo sponge.

Seriously, dude is probably the easiest end-boss in SF history.

Mr Jared said:
I don't understand the Seth outrage. He fails to block more than half the time you attack him. The only time he teleports is when he does it multiple times in a row and in that case, you just hop around and hope you land near him. Other than that, he's a combo sponge.

a) I admittedly suck at the game.
b) When I did that, he'd usually stop teleporting and then do a Shoryuken. Not always, but often enough.

Eventually I just stood still and resorted to Abel's command throw, provided that I reacted fast enough. He'll always put himself right next to you if he does teleport a third time. Dude's still annoying as an A.I. opponent, however.

Mr Jared

MicVlaD said:
Eventually I just stood still and resorted to Abel's command throw, provided that I reacted fast enough. He'll always put himself right next to you if he does teleport a third time.

Oh snap, yes :lol For Abel, typically all that you have to do is knock him down, then jump in > command throw > repeat. Seth rarely, if ever, tries a wake-up attack, so people like Abel and Zangief can jump-in > command throw all day.

Mr Jared said:

this.
i saw a guy perfect seth one round. how hard could it be?
maybe it's an analogy for s.killian's actual skill
seth doesn't actually post here does he :( don't hurt meee

TurtleSnatcher said:
Come back and say that to me tomorrow.

:)

They will be getting them but not tomorrow in almost all locations.
I actually retract this comment. You may be right.. If they stick these on overnight to stores.

EDIT: Anyone watched that Vega (Claw) video I posted?

Anyone know how he did that mid roll? I mean he didn't FADC..

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
TurtleSnatcher said:
... Okay so I know how to do FADC.. how the heck do you do a super cancel and does it take up a bar or anything?

Damn.. SF got confusing..

It means cancelling out of a normal/special move into a super move by quickly inputting the command for the super during the animation of the current move.

Kintaro said:
It means cancelling out of a normal/special move into a super move by quickly inputting the command for the super during the animation of the current move.
Oh okay. Something I pretty much already do in SF2THDR..

Wow.. very nice.. That is great for some of Vega's fast moves .. Especially if somoene goes into a block stance from his roll.

dankir

Are the Amazon TE sticks really shipping on the 25th only? Then I have to get to shipped from my cousins in Boston to here in Montreal... THAT MAKES IT EVEN LONGER!

:(

ShinAmano

Just got a call from Ashley telling me that my stick would be here Tuesday afternoon...guess I will go by tomorrow and pick it up...that is unless she meant next Tuesday.

ShinAmano said:
Just got a call from Ashley telling me that my stick would be here Tuesday afternoon...guess I will go by tomorrow and pick it up...that is unless she meant next Tuesday.
Same here. DFW Gamestops will have SE stick for pickup today.

ShinAmano

Lol I called the store...dude said they did not have them and it might be a 'glitch in the system' I heard his manager all pissed off talking about how a bunch of people had called and it wont be out till the game is out.

BTW can anyone post the gamestop SKU for the TE stick on 360. I listened to the message again and she said nothing about TE stick...and now I am worried.

TP

Gamestop just called, the message was that the X 3 6 0 Street Fighter 4 Fightstick would be arriving later today.

I hope that includes the TE stick

so hyped

ShinAmano said:
Lol I called the store...dude said they did not have them and it might be a 'glitch in the system' I heard his manager all pissed off talking about how a bunch of people had called and it wont be out till the game is out.

BTW can anyone post the gamestop SKU for the TE stick on 360. I listened to the message again and she said nothing about TE stick...and now I am worried.

And I wouldn't worry. They probably won't see the info until tomorrow morning the day it comes in that they will be receiving them.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
GalacticAE said:
Ashley is calling everyone but me. That sneaky tramp.

Same. Wait. You guys getting calls for SE sticks or TE sticks? Meh. Maybe I'll get my call later on in the day. I seem to get them late. Either way, it'll probably be tomorrow for me. No big. No like I'll have the game anyway.

Ken, El Fuerte, Gouken, C. Viper, Boxer...can't wait.

ShinAmano

TurtleSnatcher said:

And I wouldn't worry. They probably won't see the info until tomorrow morning the day it comes in that they will be receiving them.
Cool (thanks) that is what I have...was just worried that they put me down for a regular stick not a TE one...when I get it I am not all too concerned...I am more of a pad player.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
FightyF said:
:lol Whereas us in Canada have to wait till mid-March!

Thats what you get for having Social Security :lol

Hey if I had to wait till March I wouldn't complain, its the instant before you have it that makes for the longest wait.

jonah777

2u59llk.jpg

goddammit, Jeff!

Top Bottom