• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Worse yet, I've got Lil' Shoto songs stuck in my head...

First you run-ah, then you stoppah, then you standing fierce all day...

So which USB Saturn pads are better? Black or white?

Oh man, so many jokes...

I don't think there's a difference.

Ashley just called me to tell me my regular edition fight stick will be arriving tomorrow afternoon :D Stalking their inventory tomorrow to see if they got the game as well :lol

FinKL

"Wait so has anyone actually managed to get the game early?"

From what I understand only if :

1) You live in Europe and can get ahold of someone who has them
2) You know an independent retailer in Cali
3) You know someone who's favorite phrase is "Har-Har-Har"

andymcc

Banned
GalacticAE said:
Ashley just gave me a call too. She said they'll be in tomorrow afternoon and I told her I was sorry for calling her a tramp!

Yay.

my call said Tuesday afternoon, yet my store didn't get their sticks. :/

Kintaro

Argh, need this game. I think my friends at the store are afraid of me. I'm pimping it out to all customers (no one cares....fuckers) while everyone is all gung ho for the next FPS.

It's Street Fighter IV. Not your flavor of the month FPS. Argh.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
FUCKKKKKKKKKKK

I had a 22" hdmi / 1080p viewsonic monitor backordered from Amazon.com

was supposed to ship next week (Just in TIME!! for SFIV)

they just changed my estimated ship date to "unknown"

i'm about to bust some heads
kenta said:
Just got my standard edition FightStick and it's awesome. Without even plugging it in, though, I can tell the square gate might become an issue. I'm led to believe these sticks are easy to mod in that department? I'll give it some playtime so I can see for certain but I can't imagine throwing effortless hadokens with a square gate

I might be dreaming but I could have sworn the arcades back in the day didn't have any of this square octagonal crap, the joysticks just moved in 360 degrees

do your homework, arcade sticks back in the day used HAPP parts (american) and those often had 360 gates w/ bat tops

your stick (and japanese sticks) have ball tops and square gates by default. i suggest looking into a sanwa jl-f with an octagonal gate and bat top adapter (or if you need that tight american style feel like the HAPPs of old, go seimitsi ls-32 + bat top. the square gate is a little rounded, too so it's easier to bust out QCF movements, imo)

kenta

Has no PEINS
Just got my standard edition FightStick and it's awesome. Without even plugging it in, though, I can tell the square gate might become an issue. I'm led to believe these sticks are easy to mod in that department? I'll give it some playtime so I can see for certain but I can't imagine throwing effortless hadokens with a square gate

I might be dreaming but I could have sworn the arcades back in the day didn't have any of this square octagonal crap, the joysticks just moved in 360 degrees

Spy

Ordered my TE FightStick from Amazon. Has anyone heard anything about when Amazon will ship their FightSticks?

Kintaro

kenta said:

Well, yeah. If you played in the US, the sticks were quite a bit different. Since these are Japanese style sticks, they use ball tops and square gates. The stick is pretty easy to customize though so you can pick up buttons, or a new gate from a retailer such as www.lizardlick.com.

Personally, even after all this time with my Virtua Stick, I still can't come to grips with the square gate, so I ordered a couple of 8 way gates to see if they will help. I love the ball top though.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Spy said:
Ordered my TE FightStick from Amazon. Has anyone heard anything about when Amazon will ship their FightSticks?

People seem to be regretting it so far, from what Im reading in this thread :O

ashism

omgimaninja said:
Has anybody who received a call saying the sticks are arriving today been successful in picking up their order?
Nope, nothing yet. The staff was informative as usual. By informative I mean totally clueless.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
MicVlaD said:
Got the game today (debug review copy) and I concur with sp0rsk's outrage: CPU-controlled Seth is an infuriating, teleporting son of a bitch.

Can't play too well with the standard 360 controller though, at least when I select Dhalsim (I've had less trouble with Abel). It's painfully clear that an arcade stick is practically a necessity for this game if I want to execute his advanced combo's (let alone FADC's), since I can't even pass the third trial - the previous two only covered his standard attacks by the way - in the Trial Mode.

You lucky dog!

And yep, FADC'ing is one of the big reasons why I made the decision to put my 16+ years of Street Fighter with a pad to rest and go with the TE stick, tired of moves coming out most of the time, I want them to come out ALL of the time, because nothing is worse than losing a round because of a move that didn't come out when it would have won you the round - and HDRemix has been giving me tons of those loses...

From all the lurking in this thread I've been doing, it seems that it's going to be impossible for me to even get a regular Fightstick?

I wanted a Fightstick for PS3, and 2 Fightpads for 360...is that really not going to be happening? :(

kenta

Has no PEINS
Kintaro said:
Well, yeah. If you played in the US, the sticks were quite a bit different. Since these are Japanese style sticks, they use ball tops and square gates. The stick is pretty easy to customize though so you can pick up buttons, or a new gate from a retailer such as www.lizardlick.com.

Personally, even after all this time with my Virtua Stick, I still can't come to grips with the square gate, so I ordered a couple of 8 way gates to see if they will help. I love the ball top though.
So if I wanted to reproduce the classic US arcade feel, would I purchase and install a "Sanwa GT-0 Round Restrictor Plate" from this page?

http://www.lizardlickamusements.com/pages/joysticks.shtml

By connecting the dots it seems this standard edition FightStick is indeed a JLW type stick but I just want to make sure

JudgeN

captmcblack said:
From all the lurking in this thread I've been doing, it seems that it's going to be impossible for me to even get a regular Fightstick?

I wanted a Fightstick for PS3, and 2 Fightpads for 360...is that really not going to be happening? :(

http://videogames.barnesandnoble.com/Video-game/PS3-Street-Fighter-IV-FightStick/e/728658015510 PS3 fightstick

The fightpads your best bet to run to Best buy or hit up amazon for the fightpads, you can still preorder and I think they ship on the Feb 25

Kintaro

kenta said:
So if I wanted to reproduce the classic US arcade feel, would I purchase and install a "Sanwa GT-0 Round Restrictor Plate" from this page?

http://www.lizardlickamusements.com/pages/joysticks.shtml

By connecting the dots it seems this standard edition FightStick is indeed a JLW type stick but I just want to make sure

It's been so long since I've had an arcade around, I can't recall. I picked the GT-Y because even though the description says "cornerless" the picture looks like it does have corner (hence, octagon). The GT-0 appears to be a straight up circle. I'm not sure which was "classic" US... =/

captmcblack said:

I thought somebody posted a few high-traffic Gamestop locations will have a couple of Fightsticks (not TE) for sale.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Kintaro said:
It's been so long since I've had an arcade around, I can't recall. I picked the GT-Y because even though the description says "cornerless" the picture looks like it does have corner (hence, octagon). The GT-0 appears to be a straight up circle. I'm not sure which was "classic" US... =/
Well regardless of the "classic"ness, I'd like to have it be perfectly round. I'm mainly concerned with confirmation that the round gate will fit on a standard edition FightStick.

Thinking about PMing MarkMan but he's probably busy enough...

Darkman M

Spy said:
I sent an e-mail to Amazon asking for a status update on the TE FightStick. We'll see how that goes. :lol

I sent them an email last week, they replied with some uninformative BS saying the sticks are sold out and on backorder which everyone already knows. The proceeds to tell me to email them back if i do not have shipping conformation by feb 25.

Kintaro

kenta said:
Well regardless of the "classic"ness, I'd like to have it be perfectly round. I'm mainly concerned with confirmation that the round gate will fit on a standard edition FightStick.

Thinking about PMing MarkMan but he's probably busy enough...

Try asking in the arcade thread. :D

DIRTY-D

Darkman M said:
I sent them an email last week, they replied with some uninformative BS saying the sticks are sold out and on backorder which everyone already knows. The proceeds to tell me to email them back if i do not have shipping conformation by feb 25.

Everyone on here is getting the 25th date for the AMAZON TE sticks .....mine still says 24th and is arriving on the 25th....is this the same for you as well?

RavenFox said:
Store. Barnes & Noble through Gamestop.

Wait... so you can just walk into a B&N and pick one up? I've never seen any videogame stuff at my local Barnes & Noble before. Or maybe I just missed it altogether because, you know, I'm there to buy a book and don't bother looking for gaming stuff. Do only some of them carry gaming stuff?

Darkman M

DIRTY-D said:
Everyone on here is getting the 25th date for the AMAZON TE sticks .....mine still says 24th and is arriving on the 25th....is this the same for you as well?

edit: actually mine is scheduled for delivery on the 24th with overnight shipping.

RavenFox

Banned
thirtytwoutside said:
Wait... so you can just walk into a B&N and pick one up? I've never seen any videogame stuff at my local Barnes & Noble before. Or maybe I just missed it altogether because, you know, I'm there to buy a book and don't bother looking for gaming stuff. Do only some of them carry gaming stuff?

Shit Im sorry I meant mail.

chaoticprout said:
Did you preorder it or just walk in?

Sorry about the mixup. It was a preorder.

Top Bottom