• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Jason

kolol.jpg

lol

FindMyFarms said:
haha, double ko?

You're gonna be in Vegas, step your game up! $100 aint nuttin but 2 lap dances

oh yah

TURTLESNATCHER

You hit up that fort worth tourney?

That's my entire gambling budget lol.
I got 2 double KOs once in a match against MrTrite. It was a Boxer mirror match. Craziness.

New cabinet over here has shitty korean sticks. I swear, I can't use charge characters properly with them yet. I've been using Sagat over there lately and I think people are starting to hate me. : (

Because they all use obscure characters like Gief and Ryu. :(

karasu

Game would be awesome without the Shotokans. (Why are they called Shotokans anyway? That isn't shotokan!) Losing doesn't bother me. It's having a bunch of boring fights where the opponent constantly moves into long range so he can spam Hadokens. Not fun at all.

karasu said:
Game would be awesome without the Shotokans. (Why are they called Shotokans anyway? That isn't shotokan!) Losing doesn't bother me. It's having a bunch of boring fights where the opponent constantly moves into long range so he can spam Hadokens. Not fun at all.

You're just playing the wrong people.

Danielsan

I finally copped out and switched from Viper to Ken. Now I'm finally actually winning matches every now and then. I'm still shit at the game but that's unlikely to ever change. Reading this thread is like reading an unknown language. :lol

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
I just got schooled by an almost 10K GP Sakura. I was dizzied and taunted in both rounds, I feel totally humiliated. I main Balrog btw:lol

goddammit, the new SFIV cabinet that just arrived near my place is broken. That convenience sure went away real quick. Now hopefully they fix the fucking sound and replace those crappy korean sticks.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
wooooo finally got to upload a replay!!

had to get 85000 CP.

Shame it was against a pretty average sakura. Would have loved to uploaded the replay against the 12000Gp Chun I had to beat that perfect me in the first round :lol

talk about tense man, I beat 2 ~12000GP chuns in the first 2 rounds. then nearly lost to a 2400 rose because I forget to NEVER JUMP when she has ultra.

Arde5643 said:
I dunno, on 3 bars sometimes I have to anticipate a block rather than blocking on reaction.

three bars are very inconsistent for me lately. if i cant block on reaction anymore i try to bail out asap. thats not a game i want to play.

I'd totally be in G1 right now too...if I had hours to burn, grinding endlessly. I think Capcom needs to go back to the drawing board and make a happy medium between Championship and ranking.

And between the rage quiting and the lag spiking (which has happened to me), the most preferable way to play this game is next to your opponent. Too bad the desert is a vast and empty place.

GGs Timekllr. I'm sorry I had to book on you, but my ride to watch the UFC came as we were about to embark on our random marathon. I like it because I get to mess around with other characters. I've strictly been playing Ryu, so anything different is a breath of fresh air. I don't know why they kept giving me Fuerte. I have no clue how to use him.

And for those that left their gamer tags, I'll add them whenever I get off my butt. I don't play Live very much with the whole gafchat tournament and the chat room (too bad it's dead). Guess Qisttoptier scared everyone away.

jdub03

FindMyFarms said:
Akuma has 800 life and takes damage like a bitch. Playing him the right way is running away and looking for openings. Anyone that rushes down with Akuma is either losing, or winning against someone way less skilled than them.

If you want an example of top play Akuma, look up Momochi from Japan. He plays really defensive and looks for really tiny openings while running away.

>>If you want to check out a rush down Akuma here's Ed Ma<<

Keep in mind the skill gap is pretty big there. Iron fist really isn't that good. It is very fun to watch though.

>>This here is Momochi's Akuma, the best in the world. He actually beats Daigo (the best Ryu player in the world) in this match.

That's what Akuma looks like when played the "right" way. When you're opponent is actually good and has a competent defense (Daigo is one of the best sf4 players in the world) there's no way you can rush down with Akuma due to his life disadvantage.

Yeah that's true, you can mix it up. It's just that most people online are ALWAYS mashing, hence punishing them. They do it repeatedly even after punished. Even then, if you force them to pause and think about dp'ing an early stopped block string, then you have momentum and you can take the initiative.

Offline, no one's going to ever dp out of my blockstrings since I don't have to worry about lag. DP mashing strings is strictly an online tactic.

About blocking crossups, if you're blocking at the last second, then you won't block in time

Why is this ed ma akuma video private now?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
karasu said:
Isn't there an up and coming rushdown Ryu?

SapientWolf said:
Isn't there an up and coming rushdown Ryu?

Poongko. Though he does play a slightly reckless style, which is probably why Wong, Daigo, etc beat him during the world tournament.

And if you're more into rushdown, Ken is the character. Ed Ma plays a pretty mean Ken.

And if the PS3 users need someone else to invite them to the GAFchat, send a friend request to krp1976.

For those on Live, I use the same gamer tag.

Dartastic

FindMyFarms said:
Lol cool stick from srk. Perfect for mimic, and soon turtlesnatcher (see RSF on bottom.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/agbagtitka/photo2-1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I fucking LOVE it. Especially the input commands on the bottom. :lol

FindMyFarms said:
Lol cool stick from srk. Perfect for mimic, and soon turtlesnatcher (see RSF on bottom.)

photo2-1.jpg
Very cool.

Spiderjericho said:
Poongko. Though he does play a slightly reckless style, which is probably why Wong, Daigo, etc beat him during the world tournament.

And if you're more into rushdown, Ken is the character. Ed Ma plays a pretty mean Ken.

And if the PS3 users need someone else to invite them to the GAFchat, send a friend request to krp1976.

Feel free to add me. Tag: MINI Pez

Halvie

Banned
Spiderjericho said:

Has Ed switched to Akuma permanently, or playing both Ken and Akuma? Haven't seen a recent vid where he plays Ken.

YakiSOBA

WOOT! Finally finished Sagat's hard trial! Got my invicible tiger title and square sagat icon! :)

Does anyone know which square sagat icon comes with hard trial 5 though? I have the milky sagat and the SF4 square sagat..

TimeKillr

Spiderjericho said:
GGs Timekllr. I'm sorry I had to book on you, but my ride to watch the UFC came as we were about to embark on our random marathon. I like it because I get to mess around with other characters. I've strictly been playing Ryu, so anything different is a breath of fresh air. I don't know why they kept giving me Fuerte. I have no clue how to use him.

GGs again man. I love playing random as well - gives me a huge taste of the entire roster and encourages me to try the stuff I've seen good players do. But it's a strange random, where I always get Gen for some reason, and yeah, it kept giving you Fuerte.. Or that weird Seth v Seth match... wtf.

And GGs to Galactic as well. Geez you owned me bad on these, and you made me rethink my decision to main Abel almost exclusively. For some reason I fared MUCH better with Rufus against you - it's all up to various options he has that Abel doesn't. My main problem now is that I do MUCH better with Abel against random people who just spam stuff since I have a lot more experience with him, but against better players my Rufus is MUCH better.

YakiSOBA said:
WOOT! Finally finished Sagat's hard trial! Got my invicible tiger title and square sagat icon! :)

Does anyone know which square sagat icon comes with hard trial 5 though? I have the milky sagat and the SF4 square sagat..
Eh.. all the icons that are character specific ... flag, cube face, green/white headshot, colored headshot are from hard trial 5 and having all the trials done in easy/hard for that character.

FindMyFarms said:

photo2-1.jpg

Wow.

Who is the maker? Can you link me to him? I want a Rufus stick just like that.

Amazing custom work. Assuming this has the same grade parts as the TE sticks from Madcatz?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
My record so far:
G3: 11 Wins, 20 Runner
G2: 23 Wins, 9 Runner, Biggest CP 97 844

174:51 hours of playtime (wow)
2579 Fights
1553 Wins
% is 60.21

Arpharmd B said:
Wow.

Who is the maker? Can you link me to him? I want a Rufus stick just like that.

Amazing custom work. Assuming this has the same grade parts as the TE sticks from Madcatz?

>>here you go<< you'll just have to scroll down a bit

The actual joystick is the same as a TE one (Sanwa jlf) but he switched out the ball top. The buttons are seimitsus (you usually can tell when the buttons are clear.)

TurtleSnatcher said:
Nah got horribly drunk off Eagle Mountain Lake and had a crawfish boil :X

drinking ftw

Also watch out for spider, he's on my gaf tourney team, and he aint no joke! don't say i didn't warn ya :D

edit - link fail

FindMyFarms said:
>>here you go<< you'll just have to scroll down a bit

The actual joystick is the same as a TE one (Sanwa jlf) but he switched out the ball top. The buttons are seimitsus (you usually can tell when the buttons are clear.)

drinking ftw

Also watch out for spider, he's on my gaf tourney team, and he aint no joke! don't say i didn't warn ya :D

edit - link fail
Just realized he's ps3.. so doesnt matter.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Just realized he's ps3.. so doesnt matter.

I'm on Live too. The only peeps I've played are Dartastic, MicVlad and N3ss (a long time ago). But I used to get down with Eggo, N33s and a few others on HD Remix.

It's just that the PSN community is more lively. CO Andy, Moxmaniac, Ferrio, Timekllr, GalacticAE, Qistoptier, Ermac and a few others are always on.

Timekllr, so far, I'd say Rufus is your best character. You seem to have a good grasp of his ultra setups. If you need pointers, play Moxmaniac. I hate his Rufus.

And if we can play random later, I'd appreciate it.

I finally moved up to G2D. Gah. I think I'm going to go AWOL and dedicate my life to SF. Gootecks only lives a few hours away, maybe I can shack in his house and we can try to net pan handle.

Spiderjericho said:
I'm on Live too. The only peeps I've played are Dartastic, MicVlad and N3ss (a long time ago). But I used to get down with Eggo, N33s and a few others on HD Remix.

It's just that the PSN community is more lively. CO Andy, Moxmaniac, Ferrio, Timekllr, GalacticAE, Qistoptier, Ermac and a few others are always on.

Timekllr, so far, I'd say Rufus is your best character. You seem to have a good grasp of his ultra setups. If you need pointers, play Moxmaniac. I hate his Rufus.

And if we can play random later, I'd appreciate it.

I finally moved up to G2D. Gah. I think I'm going to go AWOL and dedicate my life to SF. Gootecks only lives a few hours away, maybe I can shack in his house and we can try to net pan handle.

I wouldn't say PSN is more active.. Sounds like just many of us don't even know you play..

I see Rummy, Won, myself, Grifter, mailllarde (Forgot who this was), threi, TimeDog, etc on ALL the time.

TurtleSnatcher said:
I wouldn't say PSN is more active.. Sounds like just many of us don't even know you play..

I see Rummy, Won, myself, Grifter, mailllarde (Forgot who this was), threi, TimeDog, etc on ALL the time.

I'll add Mini PEZ and Lord Relix to my friend list. I want to say Grifter is already my friend.

I played a championship and lost in the final. I beat two 10,000 plus GP opponents on the way. The final was against a 13,000 Sagat. It was a pretty close bout. I won the first round. And he won with Sagat shenanigans in the second and third.

Guess he was impressed with the bout, as he sent me a GGs message.

I think I've only gotten one negative message so far.

Arde5643

TurtleSnatcher said:

mailarde's moi.

Top Bottom