• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

BlacKMaRK said:
im thinking about getting this game for the ps3, is the online community still allive and kicking with this game?? Is it too late to get into SF4??

i consider myself a pretty big street fighter fan but have been holding off on this title due to the art style(i hate the character design). but i cant hold out much longer :/

The dedicated community is there, just add people to your friends list that play the game often and you'll never run out of matches.

Downside is most of said community has a solid grasp of the mechanics, so you'll be behind the curve, but you'll learn real fast.

Teknopathetic said:
"By Console game standards it is ancient. Most people have moved on to the next flavor of the month game."

Fixed, etc.

That's true. It's still easy as hell to get a game of DoTa or even war 3 casuals. For me, Starcraft 2 is going to last damn near forever lol.

BlacKMaRK

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
The dedicated community is there, just add people to your friends list that play the game often and you'll never run out of matches.

Downside is most of said community has a solid grasp of the mechanics, so you'll be behind the curve, but you'll learn real fast.

thnx, i'll probably be picking this up today then.

The game is more than a year old, so I can see the reduced traffic on the forum. But SRK is still rife with traffic on their forums (which is the American home of SF talk).

I won't lie Capcom is retarded in their DLC policies. They could've supported the game a little better. Sega is constantly updating VF. They however don't.

And it's been more than a year. Upgrades should be on a yearly basis. But it's cool, Blazblue, Tekken, etc can get the arcade interest.

Don't get me started on HD Remix.

With that being said, SFIV is an awesome game. The most awesomest game until the next upgrade.

Spiderjericho said:
The game is more than a year old, so I can see the reduced traffic on the forum. But SRK is still rife with traffic on their forums (which is the American home of SF talk).

I won't lie Capcom is retarded in their DLC policies. They could've supported the game a little better. Sega is constantly updating VF. They however don't.

And it's been more than a year. Upgrades should be on a yearly basis. But it's cool, Blazblue, Tekken, etc can get the arcade interest.

Don't get me started on HD Remix.

With that being said, SFIV is an awesome game. The most awesomest game until the next upgrade.

Actually, the SF4 forum at SRK has slowed down like a mofo, though the regional forums are still happening. I'd say the arcade community in America is a large minority with regards to people that bought that game and were involved with this thread early on.

SF4 is still one of my fav. FG's of all time though. I guess the life span has mainly to do with FG's being both a niche genre(for the dedicated crowd) and console dominated, because the product is sure as hell awesome.

FindMyFarms said:
Is it due to its terrible online infrastructure/experience

This is my issue. I often plan to have a big online session but I end up spending more time trying to get a decent game than I do playing! So I just switch it off.

MIMIC

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Wait, you hate him because you believe he only has 2 attack options and is super easy to kill in the corner? Sounds like you should be loving him!

I think you're just playing really bad Gens lol :p

Thing is that his jump in attack usually beats ALL of Guile's anti-jump in options that would work against all other characters. I gotta keep blocking and wait for an opening. But usually, if I get hit first, it's over from there. It's just an endless string of cross-ups, that stupid hundred hands slap thing (followed by the kick, of course) and other juggles.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Is there any place to get the full version of the English song intro? The official soundtrack only has the shortened versions, and the Japanese version's easy enough to find since Exile released it on their most recent single as an added track.

It's slowing down over here because everyone realized online is a fucking shitpile and now everyone plays at the arcades!

Play at arcade, people. Nothing like going on a 20 game winning streak with hot chicks watching you fucking destroy their boyfriends. When I finally get up to light a cigarette, I make sure I give the girls the Ocelot hand gesture before I walk I way. I bet I made those lasses so fucking horny.

dazzgc

Banned
Pop On Arrival said:
It's slowing down over here because everyone realized online is a fucking shitpile and now everyone plays at the arcades!

Play at arcade, people. Nothing like going on a 20 game winning streak with hot chicks watching you fucking destroy their boyfriends. When I finally get up to light a cigarette, I make sure I give the girls the Ocelot hand gesture before I walk I way. I bet I made those lasses so fucking horny.

wow

Pop On Arrival said:

Yah, the dangerous part is navigating the slippery floor since the chicks are so "horny."

Also, not a lot of places have arcades :/ (America) You're in Singapore right?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
FindMyFarms said:
Yah, the dangerous part is navigating the slippery floor since the chicks are so "horny."

You have the gall to complain about the arcade scene in America? I can count on one hand the arcades I've seen in my entire fucking life :|

Brobzoid said:
You have the gall to complain about the arcade scene in America? I can count on one hand the arcades I've seen in my entire fucking life :|

America has like, 3 places with arcades, Cali, Ny, and Tx, that's it lol. 3 isn't that much more than 0.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Pop On Arrival said:

Sure thing let me drive 900 miles to the closest SF4 cabinet.

FindMyFarms said:
Hey, just thought I'd point out that you never want to do an ex cannon spike since it's a waste of bar. It has the exact same properties as a normal spike but does 20 extra damage (same amount as a jab.) It has no extra invincibility frames or speed either.

It's really important to keep that bar for FADC, ex hooligan, or ex tk CP's

Yeah found that out a bit ago but it's a bad habit I picked up a while ago. Been trying to break it but it's hard. I do believe it's a bit faster than regular C.Spike form what I remember reading, I think I just freak out and figure every emergency situation I want it out in as little frames as possible...i'll try and break it >_<

FindMyFarms said:

Philippines, lol. If I could get a a 2 game winning streak in Singapore, I would fucking throw a fucking party. The scene over here is sad.

I actually think Singapore has a stronger SF scene than Korea.

fatty

I don't post in this thread as much but I still play SF4 all the time. And though the community has died down a bit I still don't have problem finding matches on XBL 99% of the time. Not since Starcraft have I had the urge to play competitively against others online consistently. This game has rekindled that feeling I got in the arcades when SF2 first came out.

Brobzoid

FindMyFarms said:
America has like, 3 places with arcades, Cali, Ny, and Tx, that's it lol. 3 isn't that much more than 0.
Go ask a hobo for lunch money, you whiny faced whiner! :mad:

fatty

FindMyFarms said:

Liar! I'm the king in my city and make all the 10 year olds cry when they play me at Chuck E Cheese.

Pop On Arrival said:
Philippines, lol. If I could get a a 2 game winning streak in Singapore, I would fucking throw a fucking party. The scene over here is sad.

I actually think Singapore has a stronger SF scene than Korea.

No fuckin way? What part? I'm in America now, but my family is from Tachloban (Visayas)

myDingling said:
Yeah found that out a bit ago but it's a bad habit I picked up a while ago. Been trying to break it but it's hard. I do believe it's a bit faster than regular C.Spike form what I remember reading, I think I just freak out and figure every emergency situation I want it out in as little frames as possible...i'll try and break it >_<

Actually, it has the exact same properties as a MK C.Spike except 20 more damage, now stop ur habit!

>>Here's the frame data<<

5 frames startup, 26 frames active.

Brobzoid said:
Go ask a hobo for lunch money, you whiny faced whiner! :mad:

Ok, can I have lunch money plz?

Archie said:
Sure thing let me drive 900 miles to the closest SF4 cabinet.

You say that so casually, you have a hybrid don't you?

FindMyFarms said:
No fuckin way? What part? I'm in America now, but my family is from Tachloban (Visayas)

I live in Manila. Visayas is pretty far from here, though. You should let me know next time your family decides to come back to the Philippines, maybe you could hit the arcades and destroy some chumps.

Do you speak tagalog? lololol.

Brobzoid

FindMyFarms said:
Ok, can I have lunch money plz?
al-hakim-shaking-fist.jpg

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Pop On Arrival said:
I live in Manila. Visayas is pretty far from here, though. You should let me know next time your family decides to come back to the Philippines, maybe you could hit the arcades and destroy some chumps.

Hot and Filipino do not go together, sorry.

FYI for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, my translation of the interview Arcadia magazine did with Daigo:

http://www.versuscity.net/2009/05/30/arcadia-july-umehara-six-page-interview/

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
FindMyFarms said:
Yeah true, I guess it's because I'm comparing it to Warcraft 3, which was the last multiplayer game I really got into. I didn't post on GAF about it, but other forums were really active on it for at least a few years. I guess it seems short since that's what I'm comparing it to mainly.

Which flaws may I ask? Is it on the dev. support side (since it's really shitty) or in the game itself?

SF4 has been one of my favorite fighting games so far (mainly coming from a ST, 3s, Tekken, and vf background)

The dev support is kinda bad.

Flaws:

I really think the way controls are hurts the game a bit.
I think balance is a bit off- in typical Capcom fashion with an underpowered mid-tier
Some chars and matchups encourage stupid gameplay.

Note: being good in my eyes is high praise- I only list 3 fighting games as great (VF 4 Evo, KOF98UM, Sam Sho V Special)- that's it.

Pop On Arrival said:

O o, marunong :p

Yeah for sure. We usually go once a summer, but we missed our vacation this year :/

Are you Filipino or did you end up there by other means? Retiree or int. business maybe?

arstal said:
Note: being good in my eyes is high praise- I only list 3 fighting games as great (VF 4 Evo, KOF98UM, Sam Sho V Special)- that's it.

Outside of VF4 evo, I think we have different tastes in FGs. U hoppin on the kof12 train? Too bad ur 360

oh, I definitely agree! Lots of hot Chinese/Korean/Japanese girls come to our arcades though. Mostly to play shitty minigames with their partners!

I might even see some confused Americana's walking around the malls once in a while.

Also, fuck people who mash dragon punch.

edit: I'm british, but my parents decided to get away from the terrible weather and move here. Nice country! Cheap cigarettes, cheap food, cheap everything!

Pop On Arrival said:
oh, I definitely agree! Lots of hot Chinese/Korean/Japanese girls come to our arcades though. Mostly to play shitty minigames with their partners!

I might even see some confused Americana's walking around the malls once in a while.

Also, fuck people who mash dragon punch.

edit: I'm british, but my parents decided to get away from the terrible weather and move here. Nice country! Cheap cigarettes, cheap food, cheap hookers!

U know that's what you wanted to say lol! You must be the only British person born/raised in the filipines, can't say I've ever heard of that unique scenario before.

And indiginous filipino girls are pretty ugly, but the mixed ones are HOOOOOTTT (like half of the hotass import car models are pinay mestizas)

Ronabo

I guess my new main and fav is Honda. I can actually win with him. Except against Guile. I can't figure out WTF to do against a decent one. Good thing I rarely run into one.

MIMIC

Banned
Almost got a Perfect on a Sagat to get to G2-E. Guile FTW! Maybe I'll give my thumb a rest and test out Fuerte in Championship now.

Maybe I'll start getting my ass kicked now that I'm out of the beginner's circle :(

the reason why many of you have not seen me play this anymore is because I have grown weary of SF4's insane flaws, pacing, wide-screen run away panzyness, stupid iditotic Ultra system blablabla and I hate the Focus Attack system it is so blah

I'm no longer playing SF4 on a regular basis anymore.... I quit

Super Turbo and Thirst Strike are better games

I thought taking time off would get my mind off the stupid bullshit in SF4 that makes no sense, but nah, the bullshit still exist, I am through with SF4 as it is now, broken ass game

gutter_trash said:
the reason why many of you have not seen me play this anymore is because I have grown weary of SF4's insane flaws, pacing, wide-screen run away panzyness, stupid iditotic Ultra system blablabla and I hate the Focus Attack system it is so blah

I thought taking time off would get my mind off the stupid bullshit in SF4 that makes no sense, but nah, the bullshit still exist, I am through with SF4 as it is now, broken ass game

Gutter :(

I liked super turbo when I was younger, but as of now, I enjoy 3rd strike way more. I do like sf4 the most though, but that's prob. cuz I'm not maining Honda lol

(keep in mind I'm comin from Tekken as my main series for the last 5 or so years)

daegan

Ugh, the lag on PSN for me tonight is just slaughtering me...

I'm forwarding a bunch of ports for PSN and none of my roommates are home either, what gives? I never had lag like this before.

JEKKI

gutter_trash said:

if there is one and only one thing I would change in a SFIV revision, it would be to put it back in 4:3.

widescreen aspect ruins it so much... I hate having 3 miles of space at full screen distance which leaves u with no option but to grind the corner. I solely blame this as the reason why scrubs get away with so much crap in this game.

other than that, I quoted the whole thing since my relationship with SFIV is both love and hate. I agree with you, but other times I still enjoy and have fun.

daegan

gutter_trash said:

Learn to close up space bro :)

Charge db, start FA, forward dash, df, d, db, b, ub+KKK.

Check the SRK guile forum for some more info; gilley, slinkun, and mtsac were all about figuring it out. I've only done a regular dash ultra, but I haven't been able to do it off a FADC'd attack. It would be crazy useful if I could do it regularly.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
FindMyFarms said:
O o, marunong :p

Yeah for sure. We usually go once a summer, but we missed our vacation this year :/

Are you Filipino or did you end up there by other means? Retiree or int. business maybe?

Outside of VF4 evo, I think we have different tastes in FGs. U hoppin on the kof12 train? Too bad ur 360

We do have different tastes- you can play 3S without gagging.

KOF12- will give a chance, not expecting much. Besides, it's that or Blazblue, and I hate Arcsys games. I already don't like how they took the fun out of Andy's moveset in 12.

MIMIC

Banned
None of those inputs are working for me. Technically speaking, I don't see how any of them CAN work. Since there's no double forward in the Ultra, I don't see how it can count toward the Ultra (when buffering is concerned).

Also, wouldn't it be possible to do this without having to do a Focus Attack? Just dash > Ultra?

I wanna see a tutorial on this.

MIMIC

Banned
Killa Sasa said:
You can do it without the Focus attack. You have 25 frames to complete the ultra motion. Here's a crummy youtube showing the motion :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWkJEveUxgw

It really helps to have a stick. I have no idea how you'd do this on a pad, but then again, you did ALL the trials.

Edit: Check post 136

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=174973&page=6

OK, so this IS possible then :D

GalacticAE said:
Gilley made a video about this months ago. You still retain your charge after you dash forward from a Focus attack.

13zbgwg.jpg

I stand corrected I guess.

Teknoman said:
Hurry up and finish the XBL tournament so a second one can start :D

I think it's been declared a no contest. :p If they did do another one, I think it would have very few participants. You've bought the wrong version! :p

MIMIC

Banned
This Dash > Ultra should have been one of Guile's trials. I cannot get it to work (I'm using one of the methods on the SRK forums: f, f, db, ub+KKK)

Is this just one super fast motion or do I have to wait until after the dash is complete to press db, ub+KKK?

Top Bottom