• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MIMIC said:
This Dash > Ultra should have been one of Guile's trials. I cannot get it to work (I'm using one of the methods on the SRK forums: f, f, db, ub+KKK)

Is this just one super fast motion or do I have to wait until after the dash is complete to press db, ub+KKK?

You gotta get it all out before the dash is done its animation.

MIMIC

Banned
Killa Sasa said:
You gotta get it all out before the dash is done its animation.

:lol thanx. Just did it.

ETA: I did it twice, and now I can't seem to do it anymore. Whatever. I just wanted to see for myself whether it was possible. :)

Teknoman

akachan ningen said:
I think it's been declared a no contest. :p If they did do another one, I think it would have very few participants. You've bought the wrong version! :p

But but...thats what everyone told me when I got SSFIIT:HDR ; ;

:lol

Well i'm getting MvC 2 and KoF XII on 360...so...yeah.

The trend on the kof12, mvc2, and BB threads seem like most of the active players are getting them on ps3. Not trying to start anything, just letting ya know. :p

Teknoman

akachan ningen said:
The trend on the kof12, mvc2, and BB threads seem like most of the active players are getting them on ps3. Not trying to start anything, just letting ya know. :p

Hmm i'll keep that in mind. Have an arcade stick for both systems now so either way would probably work, unless some of my other friends start leaning toward a specific version.

LowParry

akachan ningen said:

That's where I've leaned to as a whole. Putting all my fighters on the PS3. No sense in splitting them up.

LowParry

Teknoman said:
I started on that path, but some PSN mishaps with HDR caused me to shift to 360.

The best way I've looked at it, is my back catalog of fighters from the PS2. I'm hoping for future fighters will have a smooth online such as SFIV. I'm -really- hoping Namco learned from T5: DR online. I want T6 to be good online. 360 is where I've been putting my shooters on. Everything else in terms of genre is a mix match of things with both systems.

Acid08

Banned
Finally got to play this today. 6 straights hours of VS. with friends. My Ken is still fucking beastly :D . I love this game, especially the look.

the biggest flaws for me in this game are the occasional unstable netcode and the many segments of championship modes. lag is very infuriating to me and i dont know why capcom assumed we would have enough players to support so many tournament brackets, in every major region of the world. I've clocked 400+ hours in this game already. the only game that might be able to keep me away from SF IV for longer periods is KoF XII, and it most probably will :D

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
MIMIC said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN65beUZdFw 0:51

Guile FADC > Ultra @_@ @_@ @_@ HOLY FUCK

HOW? (not that I'd ever do it :lol)

wow. that's the best guile I've ever seen.

His target combo is such a bitch cause I'm always ducking that SHITTY roundhouse kicks thing, then I get punched in the top of the head. I find guile soooo hard to beat, he's a defensive monster.

Augemitbutter said:
the biggest flaws for me in this game are the occasional unstable netcode and the many segments of championship modes. lag is very infuriating to me and i dont know why capcom assumed we would have enough players to support so many tournament brackets, in every major region of the world. I've clocked 400+ hours in this game already. the only game that might be able to keep me away from SF IV for longer periods is KoF XII, and it most probably will :D

The code seems very stable on 360. Searches and connection stability are really bad by comparison on my pS3. For the life of me I do not know why this is.

I keep wondering if there is some setting in my PS3's ethernet settings that wireless doesn't like. I've also heard I shouldn't be using wireless for net gaming, but it works wonderfully for my 360 so why not for my $500 (at the time) PS3? It makes no sense.

However, I agree with someone above who said that I play online with 360 (which is very, very active and has a good base of G1 players now I hear) and tourneys on PS3.

arstal said:
We do have different tastes- you can play 3S without gagging.

KOF12- will give a chance, not expecting much. Besides, it's that or Blazblue, and I hate Arcsys games. I already don't like how they took the fun out of Andy's moveset in 12.

Dude 3s was the shit. I've played both kof 12 and BB for about 20 hoursish each, and judging by your posts you'll probably like neither lol. 12 doesn't feel like 98, and has a lot of the same qualities as sf4, but even more pronounced. BB is really good, but it feels like a more refined version of GGAC, so if you didn't like previous efforts, then I doubt you'll like BB. I'm excited for KoF12 though because of all the online features.

akachan ningen said:

Never learned how to play MvC2, but I guess now would be as good a time as ever lol. It just sucks that Imma be sooooo behind the curve lol.

prodystopian said:
Who do you main?

I've poured more hours into T5DR than any other fighting game, not to mention Houston prob. has the most competitive Tekken scene in America. I can pretty much play all the cast, but Baek would be my main. And yes, I am HYPED for T6BR

Augemitbutter said:
the biggest flaws for me in this game are the occasional unstable netcode and the many segments of championship modes.

It's funny cuz player matches have always been smooth for me. When I had a ps3 and played online, getting a match took forever though and the netcode was so shitty. And dev support... yeah....

Acid08 said:
My Ken is still fucking beastly :D

Big words there. I don't think that's something you can just claim on a whim lol.

FindMyFarms said:
I've poured more hours into T5DR than any other fighting game, not to mention Houston prob. has the most competitive Tekken scene in America. I can pretty much play all the cast, but Baek would be my main. And yes, I am HYPED for T6BR

Interesting. I don't know of many Baek players. I started with him but from 3 on I played Hwoarang. I never got very good because of a lack of competition, but I'm psyched about T6. I'll look for you in the thread when it rolls around. You know, assuming you have a PS3 to play on:lol .

The code seems very stable on 360. Searches and connection stability are really bad by comparison on my pS3. For the life of me I do not know why this is.

I keep wondering if there is some setting in my PS3's ethernet settings that wireless doesn't like. I've also heard I shouldn't be using wireless for net gaming, but it works wonderfully for my 360 so why not for my $500 (at the time) PS3? It makes no sense.

However, I agree with someone above who said that I play online with 360 (which is very, very active and has a good base of G1 players now I hear) and tourneys on PS3.

cant speak for 360, but what i want to see is more transparency about the condition of connections. for example: if i cant punish jab srks flawlessly like playing offline, i consider said game unplayable. thats why its very important for me to see the quality. i do play wired and not wireless btw.

It's funny cuz player matches have always been smooth for me. When I had a ps3 and played online, getting a match took forever though and the netcode was so shitty. And dev support... yeah....

its smooth about 85% for me too, but believe me when i say a few bad matches can piss you off big time. thats why you hear me bitching alot about this matter. i need better connection-visibility. the bars can be very misguiding at times.

The netcode is a lot worse on PSN. The matchmaking takes forever to find a match, and when you do 65 percent of the time, you get one bar. Also, the whole disconnect thing is disconcerting. I have 0 on Live. Three and climbing on PSN.

Honestly, the xbox version is better because of Live and the anti aliasing. I only say this because someone asked several pages back about which version was better.

The only reason why I play the PSN one more is because of the Gafchat room, which activity has slowed to a crawl.

PS3 is currently my "fighter" system with the PS2 BC. But if BC wasn't there (like on the new PS3s), I'd play the Xbawx strictly, especially with KOF 98, 2002, 12, Garou, HD Remix, IV, VF5 etc.

I can't believe Capcom hasn't added SF Anniversary collection to Xbox originals. That would be awesome.

And sometimes the flowcharters have an advantage because of the lag. But having said that, the game seems to be more solid than HD Remix. If they had applied the code to HD Remix, it probably would've performed better than the GGPO/Backbone hybrid code.

Capcom NEEDS to announce the update.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Spiderjericho said:
The netcode is a lot worse on PSN. The matchmaking takes forever to find a match, and when you do 65 percent of the time, you get one bar. Also, the whole disconnect thing is disconcerting. I have 0 on Live. Three and climbing on PSN.

Honestly, the xbox version is better because of Live and the anti aliasing. I only say this because someone asked several pages back about which version was better.

The only reason why I play the PSN one more is because of the Gafchat room, which activity has slowed to a crawl.

PS3 is currently my "fighter" system with the PS2 BC. But if BC wasn't there (like on the new PS3s), I'd play the Xbawx strictly, especially with KOF 98, 2002, 12, Garou, HD Remix, IV, VF5 etc.

I can't believe Capcom hasn't added SF Anniversary collection to Xbox originals. That would be awesome.

And sometimes the flowcharters have an advantage because of the lag. But having said that, the game seems to be more solid than HD Remix. If they had applied the code to HD Remix, it probably would've performed better than the GGPO/Backbone hybrid code.

anecdotal evidence since my experience is pretty much the opposite

~Devil Trigger~ said:
anecdotal evidence since my experience is pretty much the opposite

Of course. But are you playing both versions or just one...hmm. And I wish I were the only one who felt this way, but there's obviously pages of complaints with the PSN network.

With both HD Remix and IV, the Live version was a more solid experience, and there are usually more players.

Not trying to start a system war, as I play both versions.

dfyb

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
i experienced the opposite. took longer to find matches on XBL (in fact, the only time i've beaten arcade mode during matchmaking was on 360 - on PS3, i'd be stuck on the same fight for quite a while because i'd get more fight requests). i don't have any disconnects on PSN, though i haven't played on XBL in a while to compare (still haven't unpacked 360).

i think in some cases, the complaints against PSN (relative to SFIV) are a placebo effect. my only real problem with it was the random loss of GP soon after the patch, but they seem to have remedied it.

MoxManiac

I dunno, I used to have problems, but once I switched to openDNS, my problems completely stopped and I get tons of 4 bar matches easily on PSN. I even had a 5 bar match the other night. Something about PSN and TWC's DNS servers, I think...

PSN seems to give fewer results... While 360 gives more.

Doesn't mean you wont find less on PSN or 360 but you can see it in some peoples videos.

Sometimes DarkSydePhil shows the Lobby Search in his videos and the 360 comes up with like 10 different possible matches to join while the PS3 comes up with 3 or 4. Its just the way the code was built differently in both games.

Honestly flaws can come either way... So lets not get into a penis waving match about consoles and which version is better... (I know you aren't Spider)

TimeKillr

Spiderjericho said:

I gotta see you on PSN again. :) Until I mod my 360 SE stick I'm staying clear of it.

No e=penis waving fo sure. Everyone's experience is going to be different depending on the region of the country they live in, ISP and technology.

And I haven't been on all week Timekllr. I think the last time I played was against Mox (and I can't even remember when that was).

I'm kind of getting bummed out by the lag. As someone else said, doing my block strings and getting uppercut is annoying. Or just the delay from hitting the button and the on screen action. I hate when I see someone jump and hit my forward, down, down forward but poof nothing comes out.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
FindMyFarms said:
Dude 3s was the shit. I've played both kof 12 and BB for about 20 hoursish each, and judging by your posts you'll probably like neither lol. 12 doesn't feel like 98, and has a lot of the same qualities as sf4, but even more pronounced. BB is really good, but it feels like a more refined version of GGAC, so if you didn't like previous efforts, then I doubt you'll like BB. I'm excited for KoF12 though because of all the online features.

I've played tourney-level 3s. The game is garbage once people know how to play it. It's a great casual game, but it falls apart at high level about as bad as NGBC (another game I've played a tourney level)

I usually try to hold my tongue, since 3s fans defend their game rabidly, as they should. That said, it goes SF2 series > SF4 series > kick in the nuts > SF3 series for me.

Blazblue- I won't like it period. KOF12, again I'm holding judgement from that until I play it- but you're right I'm not expecting much. Cool online features don't mean much if the game stinks. SF4 does not stink- it just has issues.

One of my VF-playing friends and myself had this discussion once: did our standards get too high, or did everyone else's get too low?

As for the consoles- generally, the way I look at it- I'm not world class at fighting games, so on both consoles, I'm going to get comp that can stomp me. My win % in SF4 champ is only about 70%. That's good, but not great. (G2 level, I haven't played the 200 hours to get into G1, I tend to only play 3-4 hrs/week) So I should go for the better experience. The only problem is that I can't use my stick in tournies, which I solve by ignoring the tournies (I work nights on weekends anyways- so I'd have to pay more opportunity to hit those things then msot people. When I did tournies I"d place and win occasionally, but I'm not national level comp so it's not worth it for me. If this was the Ippo verse- I'm more old man Take then old man Date)

TimeKillr

Spiderjericho said:
No e=penis waving fo sure. Everyone's experience is going to be different depending on the region of the country they live in, ISP and technology.

And I haven't been on all week Timekllr. I think the last time I played was against Mox (and I can't even remember when that was).

I'm kind of getting bummed out by the lag. As someone else said, doing my block strings and getting uppercut is annoying. Or just the delay from hitting the button and the on screen action. I hate when I see someone jump and hit my forward, down, down forward but poof nothing comes out.

I actually also hate that blockstrings can get so easily interrupted online, but it's part of it, and the same BS happens on PSN and XBL in my experience. The only true upside I see to XBL is more players, which pretty much means you should theorically have more 4-bar connections than anywhere else.

Just hop online right now and we'll play :)

TimeKillr said:
I actually also hate that blockstrings can get so easily interrupted online, but it's part of it, and the same BS happens on PSN and XBL in my experience. The only true upside I see to XBL is more players, which pretty much means you should theorically have more 4-bar connections than anywhere else.

Just hop online right now and we'll play :)

PSN or Live? I don't think we're friends on Live. But I'll jump on PSN (sigh).

I never played tourney level with TS (or played it online), but the whole Ken/Chun/Yun thing and guessing game, I could see being a turn off.

I'd say right now. Trying to be as objective as possible, I'd say Hyper Fighting>Super Turbo>SFIV.

I love Alpha2, but uh, the alpha counter and custom b.s. is out there (and Chun Li is a dirty whore). I never liked Alpha3 because of the juggles and weird hit detection/boxes.

And I'd probably agree with Arstal, I'm probably most excited for KOF XII until Capcom pulls their head out of their butt and releases an update. I might also give Tekken 6 (aka juggle fighter) a chance.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
prodystopian said:
Expand? I didn't play much Alpha.

Chun Li had insane priority in Alpha games. Think SF4 Sagat with speed.

Jump Short > Level 3 Psycho Crusher. She had plenty of 7-3 and better matchups.

A2 was a four char game at high level (Rose, Ken, Ryu, Chun), kinda like 3S is a two char game at high level (Yun, Chun) occasionally you get a freak using someone else (Beasley's Sodom, Kuroda's Q) but that's cause they're freaks- and they're not serious contenders to win nationals with them.

Again, maybe my standards are too hard- but one of my expectations for fighters is that most of the cast can be used at the national tournament level viably. KOF98UM has that (yes, Krauser is OP- but the SBO distribution outside of him was very well-balanced, and Krauser was used a bit less as people figured out counters), VF has that. Not many other games do.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MoxManiac said:
I dunno, I used to have problems, but once I switched to openDNS, my problems completely stopped and I get tons of 4 bar matches easily on PSN. I even had a 5 bar match the other night. Something about PSN and TWC's DNS servers, I think...

What's this?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Spiderjericho said:
The game is more than a year old, so I can see the reduced traffic on the forum. But SRK is still rife with traffic on their forums (which is the American home of SF talk).

I won't lie Capcom is retarded in their DLC policies. They could've supported the game a little better. Sega is constantly updating VF. They however don't.

And it's been more than a year. Upgrades should be on a yearly basis. But it's cool, Blazblue, Tekken, etc can get the arcade interest.

Don't get me started on HD Remix.

With that being said, SFIV is an awesome game. The most awesomest game until the next upgrade.

SF4 arcade was officially released in late July 2008. It hasn't even been a year yet. The home version was "upgraded" from the arcade version with more characters and then again with a new mode of play. Charging for unlock keys aside, I think they're doing fine with support. The game came out on consoles a little over four months ago like it's already been said. Perhaps new content will be announced at E3?

VF5 (360) is still being updated?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Lyte Edge said:
SF4 arcade was officially released in late July 2008. It hasn't even been a year yet. The home version was "upgraded" from the arcade version with more characters and then again with a new mode of play. Charging for unlock keys aside, I think they're doing fine with support. The game came out on consoles a little over four months ago like it's already been said. Perhaps new content will be announced at E3?

VF5 (360) is still being updated?

Arcade got an update. Home port is dead.

I have doubts VF6 will happen, and I'd say under 10% shot we ever see it in the US.

Zapages

Any tips for Ryu's hard trial 2?

Its Focus Attack > Solar plateau strike > crouch Heavy Punch > Shoryuken > Shinku Hadoken

I usually can't connect the Crouch heavy Punch, blocks it or it becoms shoryuken. :(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Lyte Edge said:
What's this?

instead of using your ISPs DNS you change to openDNS a free public DNS service, that also allows you to block ad domains and so on.

My colleague uses it and claims to like it, I've never bothered as I don't have issues with dns.
http://www.opendns.com/

Any tips for Ryu's hard trial 2?

Its Focus Attack > Solar plateau strike > crouch Heavy Punch > Shoryuken > Shinku Hadoken

I usually can't connect the Crouch heavy Punch, blocks it or it becoms shoryuken. :(

I use a turbo for all the trials. Never use it in game, but the trials are ridiculous. I had some luck with not looking for visual queues and just trying to change the timing and kind of play the keys like a rhythm game... They are stupid hard some of them. Having a turbo button cuts the time down to around 1/10th for your average trial

You're taking too long to link the solar plexus to crouching fierce. Ryu has some of the easier links in the game.

GGs to Timekllr. We got in about 30 random games. I don't know why they kept giving me Fei Long, Gouken or Ryu. The game diconnected two times on us. PSN!!

Chun Li in Alpha 2 had the insane low forward into fireball. There was nothing you could do. It was like she was Ryu/Ken. But she also had speed, priority, a sick level-1 custom combo. Throw in the game's retarded Alpha Parries (you can do them like an instant guard reversal).

Alpha3 was the Ryu/Akuma/Sakura/Zangief/Dhalsim show.

And Lyte Edge, I hear what you're saying. But...there is keen competition in the fighting game genre right now, so why not infuse some excitement in the game. As an arcade game, an update might revitalize it a bit. The console is in a separate world from the arcade version since they added the new console characters (but didn't play test them).

Imm0rt4l

catfish said:
instead of using your ISPs DNS you change to openDNS a free public DNS service, that also allows you to block ad domains and so on.

My colleague uses it and claims to like it, I've never bothered as I don't have issues with dns.
http://www.opendns.com/

I use a turbo for all the trials. Never use it in game, but the trials are ridiculous. I had some luck with not looking for visual queues and just trying to change the timing and kind of play the keys like a rhythm game... They are stupid hard some of them. Having a turbo button cuts the time down to around 1/10th for your average trial

I may have to try this, can't get past his hard trial 2 either, but I only have turbo on my stick, which I've been putting aside to master :/. *dusts off stick

prodystopian said:
That makes sense. Notation for fighting games is confusing. Thanks.

np. yea they are confusing at times, but the more I read the notatios on SRK, and wiki's the more easier it has become for me to understand

Imm0rt4l said:
I may have to try this, can't get past his hard trial 2 either, but I only have turbo on my stick, which I've been putting aside to master :/. *dusts off stick

The only trial you need turbo for is Sagat's fake kick. The rest are a matter of timing.

arstal said:
I've played tourney-level 3s. The game is garbage once people know how to play it.

I played it tourney level too, and my casuals group(who enjoy running train on me) has a handful of top 16 evo finishers as well as people that can hang with em. The game is even better at higher levels, and at top levels (i.e. japan) it's even more amazing, and it's definitely more than Yun/Chun winning everything (that's just America, which is not top level.) The fact that Kuroda can win with Q says something lol, there's a lot of diversity over there with Uriens, Dudleys, Yangs, Makotos, etc. winning big tourneys (even SBO's)

As for NGBC, all I can say at that game is:lol :lol :lol I dunno if you know who Dark Geese is, but he's a top player at kof xi in America, and pretty much the biggest SNK whore in the world, we play casuals sometimes and the fact that he doesn't like NGBC says volumes (I mean this guy likes ANYTHING made by snk lol):lol :lol

And on the topic of balance, SF4 is pretty good, the fact that Honda, Guile, Chun, Rufus, Abel, Fuerte and others can all hang at top level speaks volumes(watch the TRF tourney for example.) I wouldn't say the middle tier is underpowered at all, and Mago's the only person that's really made Sagat broken, even though he routinely loses to Akuma's.

Your standards didn't get too high, you just see things differently.

TurtleSnatcher said:
So lets not get into a penis waving match

I don't think it's a console war thing, Jericho's plays on psn too, and psn is all I play on. We're just stating the facts when we say non-player matches on psn are ass for trying to connect/find/etc. And lots of people hold the same opinion. Of course some peeps have diff experiences, but unfortunately they're in the minority :(

*picks penis up off the floor and waves it*

prodystopian said:
Interesting. I don't know of many Baek players. I started with him but from 3 on I played Hwoarang. I never got very good because of a lack of competition, but I'm psyched about T6. I'll look for you in the thread when it rolls around. You know, assuming you have a PS3 to play on:lol .

Yeah, Baek was a monster in T5DR, but he got crazy nerfed in T6 so I switched to Bob and Paul. When t6br came out though, Baek came back to his ways and I started using him again, even doing decent in some t6br tourneys. As long as Baek doesn't get a stealth nerf in the console version, Imma keep using him. And Hwoarang is crazy fun to play in t6br, so many otg and ground break combos, you'll love him!

MoxManiac said:

Please, do the explaining thing!

Imm0rt4l

Spiderjericho said:
The only trial you need turbo for is Sagat's fake kick. The rest are a matter of timing.
yea sagats fake kick was a bitch with sixaxis for me, some of the timings are so strict that they seem useless in a match, like I main gouken and on one of his hard trials he has to go from jab to crouching jab or maybe it was short. While it seems really easy the timing is ridiculous to me to do consistantly, maybe this is where I just hit a wall on controller though. I suppose I just need to put the pad away and play strictly stick.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
FindMyFarms said:
I played it tourney level too, and my casuals group(who enjoy running train on me) has a handful of top 16 evo finishers as well as people that can hang with em. The game is even better at higher levels, and at top levels (i.e. japan) it's even more amazing, and it's definitely more than Yun/Chun winning everything (that's just America, which is not top level.) The fact that Kuroda can win with Q says something lol, there's a lot of diversity over there with Uriens, Dudleys, Yangs, Makotos, etc. winning big tourneys (even SBO's)

As for NGBC, all I can say at that game is:lol :lol :lol I dunno if you know who Dark Geese is, but he's a top player at kof xi in America, and pretty much the biggest SNK whore in the world, we play casuals sometimes and the fact that he doesn't like NGBC says volumes (I mean this guy likes ANYTHING made by snk lol):lol :lol

Please, do the explaining thing!
Note: 1 dude winning with Q doesn't make him balanced. He's just good with a bad character. People win tournies with ELF, that doesn't make him good either. Using the "but this dude wins with him" argument is wrong. If the char actually was good, more people would be winning with him, not just one freakishly good player.

As for 3s, the game just lacks solid fundamentals. Good execution will bail you out of bad strategy too easily. Then again, my foundation is Samsho , which is the complete opposite of 3s. NGBC has the same balancee issues 3S has.

Note: SF4's balance isn't horrible. I just think the middle tier in SF4 should be a bit stronger, and a few chars were made useless.

As for Dark Geese, I've run into him a couple of time. He's OK as a player. His 98UM vids are him beating up on scrubs who are running the KOF version of the Ken Flowchart though.

arstal said:
Note: 1 dude winning with Q doesn't make him balanced. He's just good with a bad character. People win tournies with ELF, that doesn't make him good either. Using the "but this dude wins with him" argument is wrong. If the char actually was good, more people would be winning with him, not just one freakishly good player.

As for 3s, the game just lacks solid fundamentals. Good execution will bail you out of bad strategy too easily. Then again, my foundation is Samsho , which is the complete opposite of 3s. NGBC has the same balancee issues 3S has.

Note: SF4's balance isn't horrible. I just think the middle tier in SF4 should be a bit stronger, and a few chars were made useless.

As for Dark Geese, I've run into him a couple of time. He's OK as a player. His 98UM vids are him beating up on scrubs who are running the KOF version of the Ken Flowchart though.

Yeah, but it's not one dude winning with one character, it's a bunch of people wining with a good bit of the 3s cast. The yun/chun thing is a myth perpetrated in America, the game has a good 10 or so characters that are successful at Japan's top levels. Execution never wins at the top level btw.

As for SF4, I think the middle tier is fine. Elf =/= all of sf4's middle tier. Like I said, a lot of the middle tier char's are successful, you're probably just not keeping up with the sf4 scene for you to think otherwise. Just tone down Sagat's damage, give some charge characters ways to hit confirm into their ultra(hello honda,vega,guile), a few more things here and there, and they're set. You can win with a large variety of characters in sf4. Making Dan a great character as well is pretty ambitious, but why not Capcom!

Dark geese is mainly kof xi btw.

FindMyFarms said:
Yeah, Baek was a monster in T5DR, but he got crazy nerfed in T6 so I switched to Bob and Paul. When t6br came out though, Baek came back to his ways and I started using him again, even doing decent in some t6br tourneys. As long as Baek doesn't get a stealth nerf in the console version, Imma keep using him. And Hwoarang is crazy fun to play in t6br, so many otg and ground break combos, you'll love him!

Good to hear. I was worried he got nerfed from T5, which would be bad. I seem to have a thing for characters that are competitive, but not top tier.

What do you mean by those 2 things? I'm not very up on Tekken.

Top Bottom