• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

So I think Im getting better with Fuerte.. I'm getting smarter against some players and thats good.

I do much better vs Sagats and Ryus as opposed to before thats for sure.

I think I'm too aggressive though. I don't wait things out and it can get me killed.. But sometimes if I'm not aggressive I just freeze. Thats what happened against an Akuma earlier .. I dominated him the first match by getting the head start and pouncing on him and predicting teleports etc.

Then the 2nd and 3rd match he just went all out apeshit on me and double perfected me :lol: I just froze when he kept pressuring with HK's and stupid dive kicks. I should have EX Run away out of some situations but man..

I only played like an hour or an hour and a half and got 2 champ wins and a runner up and some 2nd round exits and a 3rd round exit mixed in. Not too shabby. My points are slowly building but at least building a bit faster then before it seems.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
was just playing a pretty good ken, or at least a ken who could do fp srk -> fadc -> ultra. he had my janky ryu down to a sliver of life in the third round and started messing around and taunting me. got him with deep jump in hk -> ultra and took the game :lol

Starting to get better with the stick, but not yet at the same level as I am with my FightPad. Today in the arcade, I fought a guy who's main was Rufus and I beat him easily. Then he changed in to Gief and I started getting some trouble. I'm not calm enough for Gief yet (Plus the troubles with the stick makes it even more harder). I hate when Boxer's headbutt doesn't come out and because of that I'm eating Gief's ultra. Back to practicing I guess. Hmm... maybe I should go right now.

MIMIC

Banned
Went against my better fucking judgment and played a guy with a 3% disconnection rate. "Maybe you ARE being too hard on these people," I told myself.

jl2x39.jpg

So, um, I'm done giving people the benefit of the doubt. If you don't have a 0%, then find someone else to play.

MIMIC said:
Went against my better fucking judgment and played a guy with a 3% disconnection rate. "Maybe you ARE being too hard on these people," I told myself.

jl2x39.jpg

So, um, I'm done giving people the benefit of the doubt. If you don't have a 0%, then find someone else to play.
yep

Had a 1 percenter disconnect on me right before the final hit of Abel's Ultra landed for what would be the win.

MoxManiac

MIMIC said:

jl2x39.jpg

I have 4% and have never quit against anyone in the history of the game.

MIMIC said:

http://i43.tinypic.com/jl2x39.jpg[IMG]

So, um, I'm done giving people the benefit of the doubt. If you don't have a 0%, then find someone else to play.[/QUOTE]

I was feeling adventurous, so I played someone with a 10% rate. First round went to him. I won the second round and he didn't even wait. Disconnected before the third even started!:lol

Won

MIMIC said:

http://i43.tinypic.com/jl2x39.jpg[IMG]

So, um, I'm done giving people the benefit of the doubt. If you don't have a 0%, then find someone else to play.[/QUOTE]

I think I will create a new account, hunt you down and disconnect with 0%. What are you going to do then? Kick everyone?

:P

MIMIC

Banned
Won said:
I think I will create a new account, hunt you down and disconnect with 0%. What are you going to do then? Kick everyone?

:p

The only lobbies I've ever created were for people I know or to get the lobby achievement.

I'm too impatient to wait in a lobby :)

And cheap Gouken tactics ruined my championship winning streak :( :lol In a final, he did the grab > Ultra. I was like, "Hmmm...no wonder he kept trying to grab me." I gotta remember that about him.

MoxManiac said:
I have 4% and have never quit against anyone in the history of the game.

I'm only a percent behind you Mox, so you can never be too sure when it comes to disconnect rate. I'm too lazy to try to disconnect, nor am I butt hurt about losing.

Spiderjericho said:
I'm only a percent behind you Mox, so you can never be too sure when it comes to disconnect rate. I'm too lazy to try to disconnect, nor am I butt hurt about losing.

I have 3% and I don't know how or why.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
FindMyFarms said:
My computer does it automatically for me after im done wit teh fapz.

This one time I powered down my Ipod and thought I was disconnected, but then I realized that my desktop pc was still on :(.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Timedog said:
I don't even know how to ragequit. How do you disconnect from the internet? I feel like I'm in 1984.

It's a lot easier to ragequit if you have your console out in the open (i.e. not sitting snug in an entertainment cabinet). If you're sitting right next to the console, just yank out the ethernet cord since that's a lot faster than turning off the console or going back to dashboard/XMB. I can ragequit within 2 frames, my hand's right on the cord when I see things aren't going well... but I've said too much =X

Kidding aside, Triumvir is taking preorders for their SF shirts reprint. All shirts and sizes seem to be still available so far, I picked up a few.

C- Warrior said:
For the love of god, if anybody actually knows DarkSydePhil, somebody teach this moron:

1) When you call people out on random ultras, don't do one yourself and claim it on "intelligent guessing."

2) Saying you can't do anything to prevent A FUCKING COMBO STRING is not a problem due to lag, it's because IT'S A FUCKING COMBO STRING.

3) Stop doing moves and blaming it on "your controller" -- there is no such thing as "why did I do a random psycho crusher." You baboon, you did a Psycho crusher because you held back, then forward + Punch.
DSP: lol
DSP: another shittalking scrub
DSP: notice theres no challenge to play me, just bitching

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So I got the TE stick today - yup, huge difference from the annoying Hori stick noticed right away... and everything comes out 100%, the buttons are nice (very sensitive) - I just need to work on blocking and maneuvering right in a hectic battle, because sometimes I think I'm blocking when I'm actually not...

Really happy with it otherwise...

Picked up the game again after 2 months off. I'm a little rusty, but you don't have to be good if you use Sagat. I played around with Sakura for a while, and when I switched back to Sagat, it's like "Shit... he's so much better in every way."

Still, I wish I could get good with Abel.

Rufus

prodystopian said:
I was feeling adventurous, so I played someone with a 10% rate. First round went to him. I won the second round and he didn't even wait. Disconnected before the third even started!:lol
Same thing happened to me today. I was happy to see a Viper amongst all the Sagats, Ryus and Kens, but no, he's got to be a ragequitter.

Also: Getting beat down by a scrubby Sagat puts a big dent in my ego. Especially in the Final. Fuck Sagat, and fuck my impatience.

Anyway, G2-C, whooo! Next rank up is at what, 10.000 GP? :/

karasu said:
Holy damn do I suck at this game. I just can't fight well in two dimensions. My options seem so limited!
You want more options even though you can't deal with the ones you have well enough, am I reading this right? (Yeah, I'm an ass.)

Skilotonn said:
So I got the TE stick today - yup, huge difference from the annoying Hori stick noticed right away... and everything comes out 100%, the buttons are nice (very sensitive) - I just need to work on blocking and maneuvering right in a hectic battle, because sometimes I think I'm blocking when I'm actually not...

Really happy with it otherwise...

When I was new to arcade sticks, I'd catch myself holding up/back a lot instead of back when I meant to block.

Teknoman

Oh crap...the start button on my madcatz fight stick is acting strange... just stopped working all of a sudden.

Dunno if being in an XBL party has something to do with it or what.

EDIT: Yup. It's official. Start button is dead.

Teknoman

Does that free repair and shipping offer still stand?

EDIT: Either way, sent an email to tech support. Hopefully they can get this fixed and back to me before MvC 2 releases :lol Probably wont get an answer till Monday though.

Kinda hope they give the stick a general "check up" as well, so that nothing else messes up in the future.

MIMIC

Banned
G3-A final: Got beat by a scrub Ryu that did a wake-up Ultra from across the screen. How did I get hit? Because I didn't think anyone would be dumb enough to do it.

Joke's on me, huh? :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MIMIC said:
G3-A final: Got beat by a scrub Ryu that did a wake-up Ultra from across the screen. How did I get hit? Because I didn't think anyone would be dumb enough to do it.

Joke's on me, huh? :lol

lol that sucks. I also give players too much credit, I've been hit by my share of wake up ultras.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I pulled a Daigo. He pretty much beat me real good since I'm a rushdown type player and just like most of the competition I've faced, they seem to be turtles waiting for openings. I wasn't really using many special moves or anything until the final round with barely any life left and him over half, I lured him into jumping. And bam, jp DP into ultra. And timed the super so that it hits him as he gets up. I guess he was trying to jump it but my timing was too perfect and he died. :D

bgwffl.jpg

Dr.Hadji

FindMyFarms said:
Um... cuz he's a secret boss and he's really cheap? Is it that hard to figure out?

What I can't figure out is. How is Gouken cheap yet Akuma isn't? They are the Ken and Ryu of the "Masters". For that matter, how are all the good characters not "cheap"? And on that matter when did people start banning things because they're cheap?

ultim8p00

Banned
Okay, I am seriously considering just trading this stupid game. What the fuck is up with online play? After about half an hour of trying, I'm finally able to get to the G2 Finals and you know what the FUCK I get? It fucking disconnects right before the fight, and so I loose EVERYTHING I worked my ass off for. No GP. Nothing. Now I have to start all over, after winning three matches with really stiff competition, I have to start over. It wouldn't be a big deal if this happened once in a while. But this has been happening at like almost every single G2 final match I have, even if the person has a good connection.

Also, is it just me or has the quality of online play degraded significantly? Almost every match has visible lag, with the screen pausing and your controls not registering in time. I really want to improve my game, but everytime I go online, I cannot play with a clear head because I am constantly frustrated. I think I've lost about 5 to 6 chances of winning the G2 Championship just because it disconnects right before the fight and I have to start all over. Shit is so discouraging sometimes.

ultim8p00 said:
Okay, I am seriously considering just trading this stupid game. What the fuck is up with online play? After about half an hour of trying, I'm finally able to get to the G2 Finals and you know what the FUCK I get? It fucking disconnects right before the fight, and so I loose EVERYTHING I worked my ass off for. No GP. Nothing. Now I have to start all over, after winning three matches with really stiff competition, I have to start over. It wouldn't be a big deal if this happened once in a while. But this has been happening at like almost every single G2 final match I have, even if the person has a good connection.

Also, is it just me or has the quality of online play degraded significantly? Almost every match has visible lag, with the screen pausing and your controls not registering in time. I really want to improve my game, but everytime I go online, I cannot play with a clear head because I am constantly frustrated. I think I've lost about 5 to 6 chances of winning the G2 Championship just because it disconnects right before the fight and I have to start all over. Shit is so discouraging sometimes.

Which version are you playing? For me, the 360 version has way, way better connections and searches versus the PS3 version. Yes I own both for tourney purposes. Most tourneys play on PS3, I play online with 360.

Om3ga

Dr.Hadji said:
What I can't figure out is. How is Gouken cheap yet Akuma isn't? They are the Ken and Ryu of the "Masters". For that matter, how are all the good characters not "cheap"? And on that matter when did people start banning things because they're cheap?
Probably his air counter. Also throw into ultra.

japetus

ultim8p00 said:

Doesn't that mean that you disconnected from their servers? Whenever I'm in a match that disconnects, my progress is still the same in the tournament.

ultim8p00

Banned
japetus said:
Doesn't that mean that you disconnected from their servers? Whenever I'm in a match that disconnects, my progress is still the same in the tournament.

No no when you are in a match and it disconnects, you keep everything. However, right after you guys both press "ready" and the screen fades to black before actually selecting characters, if it disconnects before that, then you are screwed and you have to start over. It has happened to me many times, and I have a pretty good connection.

I have just gotten to the G2 finals again, but now I can't find anybody to play with. For 30 freakin minutes. Not even kidding. Can't find a player for 30 minutes. If I set stability to "any" then I just get people with 1 bar or no bars at all.

EDIT: Yep, just happened AGAIN! Not the one I just mentioned, I lost that one, then got to G2, then it disconnected again. And I lost everything. Fuck, CAPCOM needs to fix that shit now.

tried some G1 yesterday. wait time is still way too long for me, about 6-8 mins for every round after the first. also i've lost to some shitty vega who appeared as a yellow connection, but in reality i couldnt get a punch out against him. this shit can be very frustrating....

at least i havent lost any GP to bugs for a while.

ultim8p00

Banned
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=188466

Here's what I'm talking about. SOOOOO ANNNOOYYYIIING!!! AARRRGGGHHH!!!

It seems like his is on PS3, but I'm having the same problem on 360. Matches just randomly decided to drop and then I get

"As the previous championship match did not conclude properly, you must begin again from the first battle."

Even though I make it sound as though it happens only on G2 finals, it happens quite often on first and second rounds too, just that I don't care too much because its easy to get past the first two rounds of championship.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
ultim8p00 said:
Can't find a player for 30 minutes. If I set stability to "any" then I just get people with 1 bar or no bars at all.
Yeah, I feel you. The only people I get with 4 bars or more are people who are also in Hawaii. The pool of players with green connections is a tad limited.

West coast players are at best around 3 bars. I wonder what it would be like playing someone from Japan, though.

Top Bottom