• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

prodystopian said:
FMF, the official AstroLad of the SFIV thread.

Lol, who's astrolad?

Dr.Hadji said:
What I can't figure out is. How is Gouken cheap yet Akuma isn't? They are the Ken and Ryu of the "Masters". For that matter, how are all the good characters not "cheap"? And on that matter when did people start banning things because they're cheap?

Akuma was banned in super turbo. Have you played against Gouken? He's damn near impossible to beat, and that's just on medium. He's banned for a reason u no.

@ Ultim8p00

While GP is a nice quantification of your progress, always remember that your improved ability is the most valued prize!

Seriously? U must not play lot or post in this thread often. He is clearly being sarcastic.
Dr.Hadji said:
What I can't figure out is. How is Gouken cheap yet Akuma isn't? They are the Ken and Ryu of the "Masters". For that matter, how are all the good characters not "cheap"? And on that matter when did people start banning things because they're cheap?

MIMIC

Banned
Reading the SRK forums regarding whether or not spamming the Fuerte splash is "cheap" and I came upon this and it made me laugh:

My 2 cents: If you're up against a Sagat, and you get him down and after 3 splashes decide to let him up again out of the kindness of your heart, be prepared to dodge tigershots for the rest of the match.

:lol So true.

Shadow780

ultim8p00 said:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=188466

Here's what I'm talking about. SOOOOO ANNNOOYYYIIING!!! AARRRGGGHHH!!!

It seems like his is on PS3, but I'm having the same problem on 360. Matches just randomly decided to drop and then I get

"As the previous championship match did not conclude properly, you must begin again from the first battle."

Even though I make it sound as though it happens only on G2 finals, it happens quite often on first and second rounds too, just that I don't care too much because its easy to get past the first two rounds of championship.

samething happens to me too.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
FindMyFarms said:
When I was new to arcade sticks, I'd catch myself holding up/back a lot instead of back when I meant to block.

Yeah, I'd be waiting for the attack to come my way, get hit clean and go "huh?", look down at the stick and go "oh."

But damnit, I can finally Focus Attack on a whim, do kick Ultras whenever now, Dash Uppers come out 100% of the time with Balrog to the point I can feel a loop going (YES!) and not have accidental EX moves come out instead of Ultras anymore!

MIMIC said:
G3-A final: Got beat by a scrub Ryu that did a wake-up Ultra from across the screen. How did I get hit? Because I didn't think anyone would be dumb enough to do it.

Joke's on me, huh? :lol

Ah yes, the greed of a rushdown to eat some lucky wake up/random Ultra - i've gotten hit with far too many of those, I've got to tell myself that even if I get a huge lead, slow it down when the other guy has Ultra...

I've resorted to traveling to the next city to play this game at the arcade. Fuck, I hate this fucking game. Before, I couldn't be fucking bothered to walk down to the store and buy some food, now I'm traveling 3 and a half hours daily just to play SF4.

Zapages

What type of camera do you guys use and how do you guys position it for recording matches?

I am just wondering because I would definitely would like to do something like that as it sounds real fun. :)

EDIT: I got it... :)

PS: What's with Trial number 5: It was mad easy to do compared to Trial 3 and 4 on Normal for Ryu.

So I did my first C.Spike xx FADC > C.Spike yesterday. Took me like a fucking hour just sitting in training getting used to the timing. But I'm glad I did. In celebration here is some useless media:

2009-05-30%2009.25.52.jpg

I haven't played a game this much since maybe Halo 3? Or FFXI. I'm addicted even though I have a scrubby win %. My BP is also embarassing :(

2009-05-30%2009.25.06.jpg

Championship stats. Currently at 6100+ GP. Lots of runner ups :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFrUnyAyOdU

My first vid. Nothing special, and definitely didn't do any fadc shit. I won easily but I think it's mainly cuz C.Viper has a shit time against Cammy. Just testing out my new G1 and it's youtube uploading features. Conclusion: I like it.

myDingling said:
So I did my first C.Spike xx FADC > C.Spike yesterday. Took me like a fucking hour just sitting in training getting used to the timing. But I'm glad I did. In celebration here is some useless media:

2009-05-30%2009.25.52.jpg

I haven't played a game this much since maybe Halo 3? Or FFXI. I'm addicted even though I have a scrubby win %. My BP is also embarassing :(

Why are you playing ranked, did u not get the patch?

Mr Jared

Hey PSN players, tonight is our second weekly Street Fighter IV night in PlayStation Home. Here are the details-

2u9pn4w.jpg

WHAT: A weekly Street Fighter IV game launching event
WHERE: The Mall, 1st Floor at the PlayStation Home logo [picture]
WHEN: Every Saturday from 6PM to 10PM PST

If you primarily play online, this is always a fantastic way to meet new people to add to your friends list and find new competition. If you're unfamiliar with how to Game Launch via Home, here's the instructions.

Insert the Street Fighter IV game disc into your PlayStation 3. You can do this at any time, regardless of whether you're already in PlayStation Home or not.

- Once in your desired location, press Start to open the Main Menu

- Select "Game Launching"

- Selcet "Set Up Game"

- Select "Street Fighter IV"

- From here, confirm the session and close the window. You should now see "Street Fighter IV" floating above your head

To join someone else's game, simply walk up to their avatar, press X to select them and choose to join their game. Once you're done with your match you can hit the PS button, go to "Game" on the XMB and select "Return to Home." You'll be magically whisked away from SF4 and right back into the Mall.

myDingling said:
I'm not, just embarrased by the remnants of a very scrubby past, a past I am ashamed of ;__;

Dude we all have scrubby pasts, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

I remember playing this game in Houston back in December over the break. After two weeks of going to the arcade everyday, I won..... ONE game lol, and that was only cuz he was on his phone during the match. These games just take time.

Mr Jared

hidepsyence said:
Not trying to be an asshole, but that's probably the worst banner i've ever seen

What? Irrational hate for something Home related? I'm shocked :lol

But seriously, my (in-progress) Chun-Li is always up hungry for new victims. You should come out :)

ultim8p00

Banned
It's kind of weird how easily you can be beat my someone who plays terribly after you fight good players for a long time.

I can't count how many times I said to myself "Nah, this is G2. There is no way he's gonna do Raging Demon from across the...WHAT THE FUCK?"

or "No way, he's not gonna do fireball Ultra from across the screen...WHAT?"

or "Nah, no way he'd throw a fireball. He's too close and it's unsafe. He knows I'm gonna just jump in. Better just move forward and bait hi...HADOKEN!!"

or "Man, every time he green-hands, I block and punish. He's not gonna do it again. He's almost dead! He'll probably just turtle and try to punish me...GREEN HAND ULTRA YAH!"

Then I get all pissed off.

Zapages said:
How do you do ??? No this video on youtube does not help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHoC...nge-street-fighter-4/&feature=player_embedded

jump heavy punch > Heavy Kick > Shinku Hadoken. :|

on six-axis controller... :|

Make sure you're finishing the shinku hadoken before the 2nd hi of the heavy kick comes out. If your problem is you can't do it fast enough, then you'll need to buffer the inputs

jumpin FP, qcf (while you're still recovering from the j.fp) +fk, qcf + P

Zapages

FindMyFarms said:
Make sure you're finishing the shinku hadoken before the 2nd hi of the heavy kick comes out. If your problem is you can't do it fast enough, then you'll need to buffer the inputs

jumpin FP, qcf (while you're still recovering from the j.fp) +fk, qcf + P

Thanks man, Just did it through first part of it before the 2nd high kick... A bit challenging on off to the last part of the trial... Argh.. Any tips for that?

Jump High kick, high punch, shoryuken, shinku Hadoken... Argh.. :)

I did all of Gouken's hard trials...but I can't do heavy kick to super :(

Any tips for the motion on a TE? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

LakeEarth

Killa Sasa said:
I did all of Gouken's hard trials...but I can't do heavy kick to super :(

Any tips for the motion on a TE? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Is that his 2 hit kick? Super-cancel after the first hit.

MIMIC

Banned
I have a new-found hatred for Gen. Seems like he can ONLY hit you off of 1) that flying kick or 2) a cross-up.

Once you pin him in a corner, he's done.

And fighting Guile with Fuerte is hilarious. I main Guile and whenever I use Fuerte, I'm like, "Guile sucks. He only has 2 moves. This is gonna be easy." :lol Baiting the flash kick is just too funny.

Also, I'm using Fuerte's forward + HK more often. Confuses the shit out of people after a Tostada Press.

Arde5643

MIMIC said:
I have a new-found hatred for Gen. Seems like he can ONLY hit you off of 1) that flying kick or 2) a cross-up.

And fighting Guile with Fuerte is hilarious. I main Guile and whenever I use Fuerte, I'm like, "Guile sucks. He only has 2 moves. This is gonna be easy." :lol Baiting the flash kick is just too funny.

Also, I'm using Fuerte's forward + HK more often. Confuses the shit out of people after a Tostada Press.
You mean forward + MK, right?

Zapages said:
Thanks man, Just did it through first part of it before the 2nd high kick... A bit challenging on off to the last part of the trial... Argh.. Any tips for that?

Jump High kick, high punch, shoryuken, shinku Hadoken... Argh.. :)

No problem. I'm assuming you can do fierce punch into shoryuken correct? to do the super, just buffer it with the shoryuken inputs are...(i.e., do do this exact sequence and you'll finish the trial)

uf + fk, fp, f, d, df + p, f, d, df, f+p

You know what buffering is correct? You'll need to use it in every single characters' challenges.

MIMIC said:

Wait, you hate him because you believe he only has 2 attack options and is super easy to kill in the corner? Sounds like you should be loving him!

I think you're just playing really bad Gens lol :p

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I can't believe how impressed I am with the TE stick - everything just comes out so naturally, to the point that Ultras come out without me moving an inch - they just instantly come out...

Makes me so mad that had MadCatz delivered in Europe on the first day, I could have been a master on this by now after these three months of Street Fighter IV being out... damn.

myDingling said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFrUnyAyOdU

My first vid. Nothing special, and definitely didn't do any fadc shit. I won easily but I think it's mainly cuz C.Viper has a shit time against Cammy. Just testing out my new G1 and it's youtube uploading features. Conclusion: I like it.

Hey, just thought I'd point out that you never want to do an ex cannon spike since it's a waste of bar. It has the exact same properties as a normal spike but does 20 extra damage (same amount as a jab.) It has no extra invincibility frames or speed either.

It's really important to keep that bar for FADC, ex hooligan, or ex tk CP's

Mr Jared said:
If you're talking about the Home event, you're about 3 hours early. 6PM PST :)

Would it be possible for you to get footage of the event/matches? Or is that invasion of privacy lol.

Also, seems like this thread is slowing down and people are losing interest in sf4. Is it due to its terrible online infrastructure/experience, or are people getting bored of the game?

Mr Jared

FindMyFarms said:
Would it be possible for you to get footage of the event/matches? Or is that invasion of privacy lol.

Also, seems like this thread is slowing down and people are losing interest in sf4. Is it due to its terrible online infrastructure/experience, or are people getting bored of the game?

I COULD ... But they would be in SD. Unfortunately I'm still without a solid HD capture solution.

And I just realized I left my component cables at the office for this exact purpose for a different project. Blargh. Maybe next week.

As for folks losing interest in SF4, the game is pretty old at this point so now just the dedicated players are left. I'd say the amount of traffic in this thread is comparable to that of say, the Halo 3 thread. Who knew a Street Fighter thread could stay on page 1 for months anyway?

Mr Jared said:
I COULD ... But they would be in SD. Unfortunately I'm still without a solid HD capture solution.

And I just realized I left my component cables at the office for this exact purpose for a different project. Blargh. Maybe next week.

As for folks losing interest in SF4, the game is pretty old at this point so now just the dedicated players are left. I'd say the amount of traffic in this thread is comparable to that of say, the Halo 3 thread. Who knew a Street Fighter thread could stay on page 1 for months anyway?

Yeah I guess, is 3 months really "old" though?

And yes, SD capture!

Ledsen

FindMyFarms said:

The thread has 34000 posts, obviously it wasn't going to keep moving as fast forever... I'd say the interest has been abnormal and it has just now slowed down to more "normal" levels.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
In my case, the flaws of SF4 are starting to make me tired of it. It's still a good FG, but I don't think it reaches the standard of greatness (which very very few fighters do in my eyes)

Archie said:
By videogame standards it is ancient. Most people have moved on to the next flavor of the month game.

Yeah true, I guess it's because I'm comparing it to Warcraft 3, which was the last multiplayer game I really got into. I didn't post on GAF about it, but other forums were really active on it for at least a few years. I guess it seems short since that's what I'm comparing it to mainly.

arstal said:
In my case, the flaws of SF4 are starting to make me tired of it. It's still a good FG, but I don't think it reaches the standard of greatness (which very very few fighters do in my eyes)

Which flaws may I ask? Is it on the dev. support side (since it's really shitty) or in the game itself?

SF4 has been one of my favorite fighting games so far (mainly coming from a ST, 3s, Tekken, and vf background)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
besides the annoyance of finding a match on psn at off hours, i'm enjoying the game more than ever -- the better you know your matchups and the more you can vary your strategies to suit them, the more fun a fighting game gets

edit: will probably like it even better once i grind my way to g2. i'm on a 30 game winstreak or something outrageous, and i'm really pretty bad

BlacKMaRK

Banned
im thinking about getting this game for the ps3, is the online community still allive and kicking with this game?? Is it too late to get into SF4??

i consider myself a pretty big street fighter fan but have been holding off on this title due to the art style(i hate the character design). but i cant hold out much longer :/

Top Bottom