• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Yeah, my impression of Valle and Choi is that they're pretty good folks- which a lot of the serious competitive SF players aren't. Wong's just really quiet, though I've heard alcohol loosens him up as much as it does Daigo.

arstal said:
Yeah, my impression of Valle and Choi is that they're pretty good folks- which a lot of the serious competitive SF players aren't. Wong's just really quiet, though I've heard alcohol loosens him up as much as it does Daigo.

I play street fighter a lot better when tipsy (after about 4-5 drinks) no joke. Any more than that though and my game just dropppps

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
FindMyFarms said:
>>This is why you don't put too much merit into your GP rank<<

The people at/near the top aren't too good at this game. The video is of the #1 on PSN. While some professional players enjoy playing tourney mode, not a single one actually tries to get to the top of it.

I find it so hard to judge games against Zangief though. he's just such a dick and so hard to get near to look for an opening.

I play street fighter a lot better when tipsy (after about 4-5 drinks) no joke. Any more than that though and my game just dropppps

have the same thing with shooting pool

FindMyFarms said:

catfish said:
have the same thing with shooting pool

ballmer_peak.png

catfish said:
I find it so hard to judge games against Zangief though. he's just such a dick and so hard to get near to look for an opening.

All you have to know was that Zangief was trash, and the Bison was even worse. The zangief missed a lot of opportunities to maintain mixups when he was in close, and the Bison never punished the gief for spamming lariat.

I mean the games been out on console for 3 months now, how the fuck do you lose to lariat spam if you're supposedly good?!?

JEKKI said:
we never finished the old one... and I was hoping to win it too :( lol.

gotta pass on this one tho. I learned it's very difficult and inconvenient to make time for online tournaments. Good luck to all!

I thought you did win? Didn't everyone in the losers bracket get dq'ed?

Prodystopian said:
funny picture

My peak is a little wider though lol

Won

FindMyFarms said:
Gief's chest hair is sexy. I do wish I could grow such a glorious mane.

And join the tourney with the rest of your euro xbl'ers!

I read that Gouken/Seth/Zangief/Sagat/Honda/Ryu/Dan are not banned. Doesn't sound like a good tourney.

I also don't want to bother anyone with my lag.

For anyone interested in the graphics technology used in Street Fighter 4 or the upcoming PC version PC Games Hardware have a very interesting interview/article up:

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,685997/Street-Fighter-IV-PC-explained-in-detail/News/

It looks like the PC version should be quite a nice port, and on the performance side they confirm that a GTX 280 will get you comfortably over 100fps at 1680x1050 with 4xAA. I kinda wish I had a 120hz monitor now, this is bound to look insane in motion at 120fps. For any competitive players I'm sure the doubling of the framerate could make a world of difference.

Oh, and apparently there's loads of options to adjust so even mobile GPUs will run the game smoothly.

The brush shader looks hot:

n66iro.jpg

brain_stew said:
For anyone interested in the graphics technology used in Street Fighter 4 or the upcoming PC version PC Games Hardware have a very interesting interview/article up:

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,685997/Street-Fighter-IV-PC-explained-in-detail/News/

It looks like the PC version should be quite a nice port, and on the performance side they confirm that a GTX 280 will get you comfortably over 100fps at 1680x1050 with 4xAA. I kinda wish I had a 120hz monitor now, this is bound to look insane in motion at 120fps. For any competitive players I'm sure the doubling of the framerate could make a world of difference.

Considering how technical and perfectly timed possible moves are to specific frames are in this fighter, wouldn't going past 60fps totally screw up the the very important timing in the fight mechanics? We got people counting frames/timing frames for this game.

For competitive players wouldn't it be a hindrance in the overall scheme of things since all more active competitive versions are locked at 60fps?

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Considering how technical and perfectly timed possible moves are to specific frames are in this fighter, wouldn't going past 60fps totally screw up the the very important timing in the fight mechanics? We got people counting frames/timing frames for this game.

For competitive players wouldn't it be a hindrance in the overall scheme of things since all more active competitive versions are locked at 60fps?

Well it can of course be locked to 60fps. 120fps would surely give you just double the visual feedback, each frame window would be doubled, no? If you have 8 frames to pull off a move at 60hz, you'd have 16 frames at 120hz, no? Same period of time but twice thevisual information.

I've never delved into stuff like that before but its cool that people have the option now anyway, it should certainly be a spectale seeing it running at 120fps anyway. No 120hz monitor here though. :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16144980

Singles Tournament for XBL and PS3. Trust me, this will be finished. I am quite an asshole with the time that should remain for rounds to finish and I also have an IRC channel so people can come in contact. Also, trying to organize people with same timezones initially. If you don't finish... OUT =O!

Already inputting the contestants for the brackets =).

Hey FindMyFarms -

I got a "I came. I saw. I hadoukened" SF4 National Finals T-Shirt that is in double XL as extra :p

The mediums stay with me ;) Only the 16 finalists got these and poongko, daigo, and iyo.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Hey FindMyFarms -

I got a "I came. I saw. I hadoukened" SF4 National Finals T-Shirt that is in double XL as extra :p

The mediums stay with me ;) Only the 16 finalists got these and poongko, daigo, and iyo.

Sick! I will offer you Balrog's virginity in exchange for the shirt.

brain_stew said:

Oh, and apparently there's loads of options to adjust so even mobile GPUs will run the game smoothly.

n66iro.jpg

PC version will be amazing. So mine June 30th!

catfish said:
training mode.

I like ELF but he's too crap for me to persevere with. I'm thinking of just becomming another wanker with sagat, but I would feel dirty :(

Save your soul, don't do it.

Finally got my Fightpad, man I started to suck hardcore. Became slightly competent with the 360 pad, now I can't pull off the most rudimentary links, combos and moves (struggle with DP, Hadoukens, ultras) not sure what the hell is wrong with me.

JEKKI

myDingling said:
I left satisfied and continued walking. Next person I see among a crowd of pro-gamer celebs, Justin Wong.

http://static.pixelpipe.com/bc4bd3d3-bf2a-47c0-9d8b-e8be521a4968_m.jpg[IMG]

He wasn't as friendly as Valle. Seemed a bit ackward. I shot the shit with him for a while asking him about Evo and whether he was practicing (duh!). [/QUOTE]dang, so he's in LA and SBO Quals are on saturday.

last I checked, gootecks hasnt announced a partner, I bet u they will be teaming up together.

since they both act maad cocky they should name themselves Team Billy Mitchell.

this saturday, Denjin Arcade, SF4 kill screen coming up.

Arde5643

GGs Turtle - your Fuerte is getting much better. I had so much trouble with Fuerte and my other characters going against your Fuerte although I was able to nab some few wins here and there. :D

I've also learned to never use cross-ups against Fuerte with EX meter. What a waste of a wake-up attempt.

"last I checked, gootecks hasnt announced a partner, I bet u they will be teaming up together."

Wong already qualified for SBO with Marn. They took Europe's spot, haha.

DD-11

brain_stew said:

I don't know, call me cynical, but I think the PC version is going to be filled with macros, exploits, and cheats. There will be 50% life combos executed by a push of a single button.

Arde5643 said:
GGs Turtle - your Fuerte is getting much better. I had so much trouble with Fuerte and my other characters going against your Fuerte although I was able to nab some few wins here and there. :D

I've also learned to never use cross-ups against Fuerte with EX meter. What a waste of a wake-up attempt.
GG's. You focus attack so much.. I hate it.. Its actually made me want to find you and punch you through a wall even though I was countering them decently.. I just hate people who consider it like the 1 hit everything.

I think I won all the games with my Fuerte but like 2 - Against your Gen and once against Fei. My Gen is so bad.. I never play Gen anymore its purely Fuerte now. Honda I play occassionally here and there.. Vega is my shits and giggles guy.

Your Gen is much better then mine but why even use hands to MK if you can't hands again.. I think straight hands no MK leads to more dmg.. maybe less stun but thats it.

Also I can't get the damn hang of the cross up.. sometimes I only do one fierce.. and then run then get thrown or owned.. Sometimes I just plain whiff or run straight into a DP or a Gekiro.. just never got it. You use propeller with it alot.. I tend to use splash.

I also ran into LakeEarth on Championship Mode. I saw his name and was like GAF! But then it was full.. so I then played another guy and advanced.. then saw LakeEarth there too.. and joined up :)

His Honda is beastly. He raped me the first round.. like raped as in Perfect. Then I beat him the 2nd round.. then lost the 3rd :(

I did decent tonight though. I'm at 10,800 so I gained about 800 points tonight for like a few hours of play which isn't bad. I think competition in G2 has leveled out enough for me that I can play without losing 6 in a row or something.

I got a new CP high tonight too and I have the replay uploading to YouTube. Its guaranteed to give you headaches. It was a Fuerte vs Fuerte mirror match.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
TurtleSnatcher said:
GG's. You focus attack so much.. I hate it.. Its actually made me want to find you and punch you through a wall even though I was countering them decently.. I just hate people who consider it like the 1 hit everything.

I think I won all the games with my Fuerte but like 2 - Against your Gen and once against Fei. My Gen is so bad.. I never play Gen anymore its purely Fuerte now. Honda I play occassionally here and there.. Vega is my shits and giggles guy.

Your Gen is much better then mine but why even use hands to MK if you can't hands again.. I think straight hands no MK leads to more dmg.. maybe less stun but thats it.

Also I can't get the damn hang of the cross up.. sometimes I only do one fierce.. and then run then get thrown or owned.. Sometimes I just plain whiff or run straight into a DP or a Gekiro.. just never got it. You use propeller with it alot.. I tend to use splash.

I also ran into LakeEarth on Championship Mode. I saw his name and was like GAF! But then it was full.. so I then played another guy and advanced.. then saw LakeEarth there too.. and joined up :)

His Honda is beastly. He raped me the first round.. like raped as in Perfect. Then I beat him the 2nd round.. then lost the 3rd :(

I did decent tonight though. I'm at 10,800 so I gained about 800 points tonight for like a few hours of play which isn't bad. I think competition in G2 has leveled out enough for me that I can play without losing 6 in a row or something.

I got a new CP high tonight too and I have the replay uploading to YouTube. Its guaranteed to give you headaches. It was a Fuerte vs Fuerte mirror match.

Fuerte is someone you should use the FA more then most people against.

FA usage really seems character specific, and maybe matchup specific. Fuerte and Rose seem to be the biggest FA bait.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
TurtleSnatcher said:
Just realized I've played Alex Valle a few times on XBL without realizing... I don't recall if I got owned or not though.
That's a good thing I think - if you're not sure if you got worked, you probably didn't. :D

XiaNaphryz said:
That's a good thing I think - if you're not sure if you got worked, you probably didn't. :D
I think it has to do with the 5500+ online matches I have in SF4..

I think I have the most on GAF at the moment.. :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Yes!

New PB in G2 and the upload. was playing an akuma that hammered me last time we played. He was DICKING me the first round and got to aggressive and did that stupid dive kick right at my stocked ultra.

got him pretty good second round.

Good times. i've noticed a G2 either level out or lots of people have advanced. Unsure, I'm not as scared of 10000+ people anymore.

Won said:
Tons of missed ultras in there. Craaaaaazy.
Yea with Fuerte I know you can time it on when another guy does his splash.. we both apparently fail at that (well he got me at the end of the first round but thats it.

In the end I try to not rely on Ultras with Fuerte because sometimes i wait for it and then I end up just getting myself killed.

He was pretty good though.. I'm jealous of his RSF.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
damnit.

fresh off my personal best I hit a run of 4 losses 1 win and a loss.

:(

I got perfected 2 times. One was a lag rape by honda as he jumped in and I got FUUUUCKED by a lag spike, but he still beat me handily.

A gouken destroyed me as well. wow that almost never happens. guy was mixing up goukens dive kick and the one that lands on the ground low and then putting that horrible hand smash in there. Got me stunned both rounds. Time to STOP

TurtleSnatcher said:
Oddly enough.. I played the guy I played last night on those videos before. He has improved a ton.. and so have I..

My old video from late March against him..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy5kWPJcHyA

Turtle, I always meant to point this out to you, but you have a bad habit of just walking back. I notice you always tend to do this under pressure.

When we played each other, that's what I'd use to get you in the corner, just something to think about.

I had 4000 online matches on my first PS3 and I'm pushing 3000 on my second one. Most of those are player matches with friends from Singapore and locally too. I probably have hundreds of matches logged in at the arcade and probably thousands playing casuals.

I wasn't able to play SF4 yesterday due to heavy rain and internet problems and it wasn't a good feeling at all. I still haven't played, actually. I'm starting to get jittery and anxious. :(

FindMyFarms said:
Turtle, I always meant to point this out to you, but you have a bad habit of just walking back. I notice you always tend to do this under pressure.

When we played each other, that's what I'd use to get you in the corner, just something to think about.
Yea I walk back. But only to bounce right back in by using the wall.

Fuerte just needs spacing sometimes.. because I usually have issues getting EX run backs out.. not sure why.. it just always comes out as a normal run 90% of the time.

Top Bottom