• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Anyone know what happens when two characters with air throws throw each other at the exact same time in the air (theoretically)? You can't tech air throws in this way right? I feel like their may be a hierarchy of air throws in this scenario, though I'm more than likely wrong. I never manage to throw Chun or Guile with Cammy, their throws seem to have priority. Anyone shed some light on this?

Air throwers = Cammy, Guile, Chun, Rose, anybody else?

Imm0rt4l

bdizzle said:
when i get home from work ill hit you up. i play rog and bison frequently. my psn is longmeat. ill be home ~6 or so
longmeat.....were you a poster on the IC way back before OD sold the server for a hamburger? That name sounds familiar.

LakeEarth

GalacticAE said:
I think I know what he's referring to. But most of us have respect for Haunts and Magus along with the rest of NorCal. Just gotta let Haunts know how it is if he's reading this.
I hope he wasn't refering to me, I didn't say it to be mean, I was just excited that I was able to use the same blocked fierce headbutt -> ultra through Sagat's low fireball counter trick on someone online. Foot in mouth if I actually came off mean.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:
only play people with 0% disconnect ratios

At least on 360, most people have 1%-2% due to XBL counting non-disconnects as disconnects occasoinally.

My threshhold is 5%

Arde5643

LakeEarth said:
I hope he wasn't refering to me, I didn't say it to be mean, I was just excited that I was able to use the same blocked fierce headbutt -> ultra through Sagat's low fireball counter trick on someone online. Foot in mouth if I actually came off mean.
I think Haunts is referring to some people who PMed to insult him - probably in either GAF or SRK.

Arde5643 said:
I think Haunts is referring to some people who PMed to insult him - probably in either GAF or SRK.
No he mentions he loads up the forums and read how people were discussing it (so obviously not a PM) but was helpless in responding to the comments because he is no longer able to post since his account was banned

haunts said:
I load up forums on my iPhone along the way and see people are talking about the match with it being one of the first videos uploaded. Usually this kind of stuff doesn't bother me, but a lot of the comments are fairly insulting, people on forums I used to frequent talking about me, and I am helpless to explain or defend my performance due to my account no longer working

I think some of the stuff stems from you and Lake also making "I just Haunts'd someone" comments

pretty lame comments to be honest..

arstal said:
At least on 360, most people have 1%-2% due to XBL counting non-disconnects as disconnects occasoinally.

My threshhold is 5%
You're kidding me. I'm on XBL and there's no shortage of 0%ers for me.

I once made the mistake of playing a 2% guy and he disconnected right as I Ultra'd for the win. 5% is brave dude.

Arde5643

TurtleSnatcher said:
I think some of the stuff stems from you and Lake also making "I just Haunts'd someone" comments

Yeah, it kinda sucks he's banned so he can't reply back right away.

Teasing's fun, but mostly when the other guy can reply back. Otherwise it's just piling insults.

_dementia said:

I once made the mistake of playing a 2% guy and he disconnected right as I Ultra'd for the win. 5% is brave dude.

I have played two dudes with 25% d/c rates.

When one of the guys didn't drop on me, I was shocked. I even taunted him during rounds, and completely destroyed him. I even sent him a message "why no ragequit?". No response.

I think D/Cers are great for a good laugh.

Arpharmd B said:
I have played two dudes with 25% d/c rates.

When one of the guys didn't drop on me, I was shocked. I even taunted him during rounds, and completely destroyed him. I even sent him a message "why no ragequit?". No response.

I think D/Cers are great for a good laugh.

25%? Holy shit. Some people have no shame.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:

2% is on the high-end of accidental, 5% means 95%+ not. If connections are bad, I'll go up to 10%, but not above that.

Ledsen

TurtleSnatcher said:
No he mentions he loads up the forums and read how people were discussing it (so obviously not a PM) but was helpless in responding to the comments because he is no longer able to post since his account was banned

I can understand Haunts getting angry and frustrated at the comments, but I'm sure no one in this thread meant any harm. We all know Haunts and Magus are top class SF4 players and obviously (seeing how far they got in the tourney) able to compete on an equal footing with the best of the best in the US. So Haunts, don't take anything people write here personally, we all know what you're capable of and what you guys accomplished :thumbs up:

...people writing insulting PM:s or IM:s on the other hand, they are trash.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn - not playing Street Fighter IV for 2 weeks then returning to it on the TE stick when you've never been a stick player to begin with wiped my stick execution clean, when I actually had it really good after training hours on end...

I'm trying to do Fuerte's Hard Trial #4 with the stick, and I've gone further with the stick than I ever did with the pad, I just keep being sloppy for the super cancel by forgetting to do the super, or doing it with the wrong kick -grrrrrrrrrrr.

Jason said:
I'll play anyone. 5%+ d/c? 1 bar? I don't care. :lol

Same here, I'll take on all comers. And I find that most guys who have DC percentages of 5-10 don't quit on me. So you know, maybe it was a legit accident and not intentional. I myself have a DC % of 1 and at one point it was as high as 3 but I've never intentionally quit a game. I even played a couple of games as Abel and got destroyed because I selected him right away when I was hosting games in Arcade mose because I'm normally spend my time looking for opponents instead and being on Ryu from the beginning.

myDingling said:
Anyone know what happens when two characters with air throws throw each other at the exact same time in the air (theoretically)? You can't tech air throws in this way right? I feel like their may be a hierarchy of air throws in this scenario, though I'm more than likely wrong. I never manage to throw Chun or Guile with Cammy, their throws seem to have priority. Anyone shed some light on this?

I think it goes by who's higher in the air. That's why Cammy has a hard time catching Guile and Chun especially because they jump so high.

I know for a fact that if both Guile and Chun do air throw at the same time, Chun's going to win just because of her height. I learned this repeatedly the hard way against a very good Chun player.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Whew - after so many cancels with the wrong kick, I was about to stop to finally go eat and then I got it... :D

Time for Run Stop Fierce, which I never practiced before, even though El Fuerte is one of my mains - I've gotten two hits quite often so far already, it's not as insane as I used to think...

Imm0rt4l said:
longmeat.....were you a poster on the IC way back before OD sold the server for a hamburger? That name sounds familiar.

lol oh shit son yeah. i still be on there from time to time. my old name was maybach too. i aint no IC cats fucked with gaf

Killa Sasa said:
I think it goes by who's higher in the air. That's why Cammy has a hard time catching Guile and Chun especially because they jump so high.

I know for a fact that if both Guile and Chun do air throw at the same time, Chun's going to win just because of her height. I learned this repeatedly the hard way against a very good Chun player.

Nice good to know. Thanks!

Imm0rt4l

bdizzle said:
lol oh shit son yeah. i still be on there from time to time. my old name was maybach too. i aint no IC cats fucked with gaf
I thought I recognized the name, a goku av iirc. I'm sure a couple heads from the arcade post here, s-word, darkman, gluv. I don't post regularly in that shithole though, nothin there cept maybe the ppm. Anyways, we'll get some matches in sometime, since I really need practice against those chars w/ my current main.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
TurtleSnatcher said:

I really hope that he didn't take anyone's comments on GAF seriously, because I would hope that he would know that no one here would seriously insult the guy - from what I've seen and read from him, he's a cool dude...

It's gotta be from somewhere else, or maybe he just read the comments at a frustrated moment, I dunno...

BitchTits

myDingling said:
I don't think Rose's would fit into the same test since it's a command throw.

On another note: I got headbutt dizzied by a Zangief player the other day, first time I've seen that in all the time I've played SF4, I'd completely forgotten Gief had that move upto then.

Skilotonn said:
I really hope that he didn't take anyone's comments on GAF seriously, because I would hope that he would know that no one here would seriously insult the guy - from what I've seen and read from him, he's a cool dude...

It's gotta be from somewhere else, or maybe he just read the comments at a frustrated moment, I dunno...

1) It's just a video game. ALL of the comments were said in jest. Haunts can obviously play very well in the game probably >>> GAF and a chunk of SRK. He should look at the comments and shrug his shoulders.

Justin Wong is associated with the Daigo parry video. But that doesn't stop him from beasting (Owning Europe to go to SBO, winning the U.S. Championship, killing comp in MVC2, etc). In hindsight, would he have done the same thing? No. But that moment doesn't define his career.

BitchTits said:
I don't think Rose's would fit into the same test since it's a command throw.

On another note: I got headbutt dizzied by a Zangief player the other day, first time I've seen that in all the time I've played SF4, I'd completely forgotten Gief had that move upto then.

Whoops, you're right about Rose. I'd assume her command throw takes precedence over any normal air throws.

And yeah, Gief's headbutt is killer. I've only ever played one gief that used it as his main air attack. That shit had ridiculous priority it seemed and I couldn't counter it.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
n3ss said:
sure, be on in a few, got two pages left to read for my Finance class :lol

Alright Ill boot the 360 from now =P

EDIT: As I sidenote... I think I just broke my new headset :lol

So I popped in Street Fighter Anniversary Collection today, and as soon as I selected Q I couldn't stop the tears. Why Capcom? I trusted you, I really did. Q's... so beautiful.

God's Beard said:
So I popped in Street Fighter Anniversary Collection today, and as soon as I selected Q I couldn't stop the tears. Why Capcom? I trusted you, I really did. Q's... so beautiful.
You have made a friend today.

Q <3

GalacticAE said:
Are you judging fighting games on the way they're rendered? Or are you saying you want Q in SF4?

I want him in SF4, I play 3rd strike every day, and only as Q. SF4 is boring without him.

_dementia said:
You have made a friend today.

Q <3

Capture and Deadly Blow, light Dash Punch, Double Deadly Combination, taunt, motherfucking taunt.

almost half a bar's damage and increases your defence by over 40%. holy shit.

Top Bottom