• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

JEKKI said:
I got into a champion mode match with DjB13 yesterday,

using Cammy, he plays jus like his combo videos. It's crazy, dood knows how to bust flashy and damaging shyt in a match.

Cammy players gotta step up now, coz aint nobody else playing like that

Nice his videos are aweome shit. Faux123 also has a pretty awesome Cammy. Hope I can work my way up, even though I play a totally different style, hehe.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
arstal said:
He should be banned because he adds nothing fun to the game, not because he is OP.

He's just zero fun to play against.

Yeah! And they should ban Ryu, Ken, Guile, Chun-Li, Zangief, Dhalsim, Honda, Blanka, Bison, Vega, Balrog, Sagat, Fuerte, Rufus, Viper, Abel, Akuma, Gouken, Sakura, Cammy, Gen, Dan, Fei-Long, and Rose from the game too for perfect balance!

Eh. GGs Mox. I hate Rufus. The 99 ways to link to ultra is ridiculous. I think I'm going to start messing around with him. But first I have to come to grips with Bison and Ken.

I still haven't really been playing the game. My last login to the gafchat was May 20something.

I'm probably going to double dip for the PC version and probably play that. Does anyone know if Vista automatically detect USB devices like the Saturn pad, Catz 360 Fightpad and joysticks? And do they map to keyboard keys?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Lyte Edge said:
Yeah! And they should ban Ryu, Ken, Guile, Chun-Li, Zangief, Dhalsim, Honda, Blanka, Bison, Vega, Balrog, Sagat, Fuerte, Rufus, Viper, Abel, Akuma, Gouken, Sakura, Cammy, Gen, Dan, Fei-Long, and Rose from the game too for perfect balance!

Yeah I didn't expect people to agree with me. BTW I'm not a crap player- I do quite well, I just don't see the point of Seth- he adds nothing fun to tthe game, and he's a pain to get. He wasn't worth making legal.

Note: he isn't overpowered, just extremely boring.

Vista automatically detects those devices and since SF4 has a bundle with a gamepad (the 360 fightpad, I believe), I'd imagine it automatically detects and allows you to map the buttons directly to their in-game actions, no need to map to keyboard keys.

Seth should be banned, why bring Marvel shenanigans into Street Fighter?
SF4 is already borked the way it is, I believe that the 2nd Impact should have him removed from normal playable

Teknopathetic said:
Vista automatically detects those devices and since SF4 has a bundle with a gamepad (the 360 fightpad, I believe), I'd imagine it automatically detects and allows you to map the buttons directly to their in-game actions, no need to map to keyboard keys.

Cool. I can't wait to see how the game plays over PC. I never use my desktop, so it'll be nice to blow the cobwebs off of her.

And I like Seth. I just hope in the next iteration, they kind of spice him up a bit, maybe a radical change in style. The game is great the way it is, except for the boring backgrounds, lack of character themes while playing, some characters having poor ultras or setups (Guile, Claw, Ken, Honda, etc) and the online systems (Championship mode is nothing but a grind fest and there was too much cheating in Ranked).

Arde5643

myDingling said:
Me versus Lyte Edge in the GAF tourney. Sorry for the low sound. See how many nub moves you can count on my part >_< (naked ultras for the lose). GGs Lyte Edge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NBS3eAlmxs
Nice use of chip ultra at the end.

Good use of mix-ups with the hooligan combo to throw and regular jumps. Confuses the heck of people there.

Should use more FA to make Lyte Edge less likely to poke at will and use hazan shou every time.

Lyte Edge was really good in reading the jump-ins though, those airthrows are beautiful.

Advanced suggestion: if you have 2 EX meter or more and someone's approaching on wake-up, or if you're trying to break a block string, do cannon spark -> FADC. If it hits, you can dash forward and do another cannon spark or ultra as well if I'm not mistaken.
If it's blocked, you can attempt to throw at the very least.

I still can't do it reliably as well, but this can turn the tide of battle really fast.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Spiderjericho said:
I can see Find winning the PSN tournament and Phatsaqs taking the Live one. Too bad no Haunts, GalacticAE, Yeb, etc.

Oh shit I face Phat next. Well... time to bring the monster within me!!! =O!!! Phat contact me or add my GT so we can set a time to play! =D

EDIT: Shit thought this was the tourney thread...

I love it when people are baiting me to do an EX SBK only to find me jump straight up along with them on wake up and slam them to ground like a chump.

Arde5643 said:
Nice use of chip ultra at the end.

Good use of mix-ups with the hooligan combo to throw and regular jumps. Confuses the heck of people there.

Should use more FA to make Lyte Edge less likely to poke at will and use hazan shou every time.

Lyte Edge was really good in reading the jump-ins though, those airthrows are beautiful.

Advanced suggestion: if you have 2 EX meter or more and someone's approaching on wake-up, or if you're trying to break a block string, do cannon spark -> FADC. If it hits, you can dash forward and do another cannon spark or ultra as well if I'm not mistaken.
If it's blocked, you can attempt to throw at the very least.

I still can't do it reliably as well, but this can turn the tide of battle really fast.

Yeah that FADC strategy with 2 bars is killer. I'm not able to think at that level yet but something I will keep in mind. Alex Valle kept doing that shit on me when I played him :lol

Awesome job to Relix for putting this whole thing on. I just got a random idea though: would you guys be interested in doing a kind of Ranking Battle system like they do at the arcades? Maybe every friday or saturday night we can set this up. Signups for a certain time thorughout the day and then do all the battles that day/night. You guys would have to commit to maybe 2-3 hours or being on SF4 and checking the boards but it might be worth trying if we wanna have more "tournament" type practice.

Also, if anyone still wants to take me up on it, I'm still down to try out my patented "No HUD" mode with anyone, hehehe

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
myDingling said:
Yeah that FADC strategy with 2 bars is killer. I'm not able to think at that level yet but something I will keep in mind. Alex Valle kept doing that shit on me when I played him :lol

Awesome job to Relix for putting this whole thing on. I just got a random idea though: would you guys be interested in doing a kind of Ranking Battle system like they do at the arcades? Maybe every friday or saturday night we can set this up. Signups for a certain time thorughout the day and then do all the battles that day/night. You guys would have to commit to maybe 2-3 hours or being on SF4 and checking the boards but it might be worth trying if we wanna have more "tournament" type practice.

Also, if anyone still wants to take me up on it, I'm still down to try out my patented "No HUD" mode with anyone, hehehe

I would be up to it. Always up for SF4 matches =)

Spiderjericho said:
I can see Find winning the PSN tournament and Phatsaqs taking the Live one. Too bad no Haunts, GalacticAE, Yeb, etc.
Already discussed it but if Find wins the PSN tourney - He agreed to play the winner of the XBL tourney using my Xbox since we live like a centimeter away (+ 5 miles)

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
haunts wanted me to tell everyone that he has the PS3 version of SF4 now, so add him... his PSN name is haunts

Oichi said:
haunts wanted me to tell everyone that he has the PS3 version of SF4 now, so add him... his PSN name is haunts

Nobody took the name Haunts, but somebody out there took "Rice_Eater"? I don't like adding numbers to my name but I had to because "Rice_Eater" was taken already. Anyways if he'll accept I'd love to add him and play him sometimes if he doesn't mind beating on a scrub.

Rice-Eater said:
Nobody took the name Haunts, but somebody out there took "Rice_Eater"? I don't like adding numbers to my name but I had to because "Rice_Eater" was taken already. Anyways if he'll accept I'd love to add him and play him sometimes if he doesn't mind beating on a scrub.
You didn't try Rice-Eater like your gaf handle?
PSN recognizes hyphens.

...but why are you surprised in the first place? Isn't rice one of the most common foodstuffs on the planet?

_dementia said:
You didn't try Rice-Eater like your gaf handle?
PSN recognizes hyphens.

Really, it's been over 2 years so my memory is of that experience is completely gone, but I guess I didn't try a hyphen thinking it wouldn't work. Maybe I should give it a shot now :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TurtleSnatcher said:
Already discussed it but if Find wins the PSN tourney - He agreed to play the winner of the XBL tourney using my Xbox since we live like a centimeter away (+ 5 miles)

oh that would be great. Time to make a...

SUPER CHAMPIONSHIP BANNER!..

:lol :D

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Sorry if this is old, I did a search. Somebody on GameTrailers just pointed this out. Rufus looks like Lien Neville from King of Fighters.

dxh7y8.jpg

2lk31u9.jpg

Hmm Phatsaqs versus Find. In my heart, It's a touch call. I want Find to win, but Phatsaqs has grape fruit size testacles. Those are huge odds to overcome. BTW, what is find's new PSN tag? Is it still bananafriends?

And I'll add Haunts.

Can't believe Capcom ripped off a Falcoon character and it wasn't Ash.

If I'm lucky enough to win the tourney, I'll be honest in saying I don't think I can beat Saqs. A***a is my tourney character, and I'm not exactly on the same level with him as I am with NoobRog. Thanks for having confidence in me though Spider ;)

Also, my PSN is FindMyFarms you guys will see me in Gafchat a lot ;) I'm looking forward to playing Haunts.

On GAF ranbat - I'm definitely down, shouldn't be too hard on PSN if everyone hops on GafChat. Rice-eater what's your psn tag?

BTW if anyone wants to play a mean Dhalsim on PSN play xsinx210

Won

Decided to pick up Fuerte again and do some champ mode after Phatsaqs destroyed me so easily and it looks like not much has changed.

Still not enough players and still way too many Zangief and Sagat players, who don't know how to play Zangief and Sagat. :/

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Oichi said:

Ah, I was wondering why he was back on his PS3 again after five+ months of inactivity! :lol

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Finally unlocked Seth last night. Don't really care, but I think it's about time I have all the characters for my weekly SFIV gathering.

Won

Stupid replay system still doesn't allow me to save game, in which I actually play decent. -.-

Such a hard earned perfect and the world will never see it!

Top Bottom