• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I cannot for the life of me do Chun's hard numero treis. After the kick, I'm buffering the super all sorts of ways and it's still not working. Hands are all cramped up. :lol

Don't know if this has ever been brought up, but would you guy like to see every character being given the ability to air parry in the same way Gouken can? Basically it works just like a focus attack, it'll absorb a attack/projectile but you'll still lose life that will regenerate so long as you don't take damage. The only difference is that while airborne you can't dash cancel but you'll still lose out to armor breaking or multi hit attacks. I want to see this happen because I think it could help speed up the pace of the game and showcase more aggression from all players.

MIMIC

Banned
Timedog said:

My controller was effing up so badly in the first few matches (which is why during our first match, I was just standing there punching the air :lol) Or maybe it was ME :(

Well definitely have to play again. :) I forgot that I play as Guile, too. lol

"Don't know if this has ever been brought up, but would you guy like to see every character being given the ability to air parry in the same way Gouken can? Basically it works just like a focus attack, it'll absorb a attack/projectile but you'll still lose life that will regenerate so long as you don't take damage. The only difference is that while airborne you can't dash cancel but you'll still lose out to armor breaking or multi hit attacks. I want to see this happen because I think it could help speed up the pace of the game and showcase more aggression from all players."

No.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Hey relix I'm in peru on vacation until the 20th and can't play my game till 21 of this month.. Will that disqulify me? Would love to play so I don't mind getting kicked to the losers bracket if there is one if it buys me time, I do wanna play, but can't till then!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
catfish said:
Hey relix I'm in peru on vacation until the 20th and can't play my game till 21 of this month.. Will that disqulify me? Would love to play so I don't mind getting kicked to the losers bracket if there is one if it buys me time, I do wanna play, but can't till then!

Well, in that case and not to hold up the tourney the best I can do is give you the lose and you will be in the losers bracket as you said. If that's fine with you... yeah =)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Relix said:
Well, in that case and not to hold up the tourney the best I can do is give you the lose and you will be in the losers bracket as you said. If that's fine with you... yeah =)
Yeah no problem. Don't wanna hold up the tourney, sad that I'm thinkin about street fighter in the middle of inca ruins really. Haha.

bdizzle said:
Dont know if this is old but J.Wong playing abel in a tourney in NYC. His clutch game is fuckin ridiculous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1f9wVyq39c

Yeah, we talked about the COD into the ultra.

Here's an example of a psychic DP into ultra. I can't do it, but obviously it's routine for Daigo.

Obviously, Mago also has psychic powers.

For the 3S fans, the U.S. Team of Marn, Wong and Choi vs. Europe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2xARfgcN70

Ninja Edit:

Marn vs. Wong in the Europe finals. Mind you, Wong is using Boxer (also good with Rufus, Abel and Chun Li).

Going into Evo, I'd have to say J.Wong is probably going to win it all. Between the World Championships, Stunfest09, the 300-win streak at E3, the footage B.Dizzle posted up, he's definitely the best player in the U.S. I'd say Ed Ma, Marn and Combo Fiend might give him some comp. And of course if the Japanese come, they might just take everything themselves.

Ehhh, I dunno if I could say that so confidently. Setting aside the sickness we saw from Combofiend and Ed Ma (among others) last week, let's not forget that Wong lost at that SBO quals in Texas, he's not exactly untouchable.

It'll be exciting, though!

Just got back from a huge TX tourney, placed in top 8 out of 50 - 60 or so, top players came in from Houston and San Antonio, austin was mia.

1st - Logan (amodf) - Rufus
2nd - 2dTony (aka VietNamazing on psn, best cammy in usa)
3rd - Buktooth - Fuerte, Sagat, Zangief
4th - Roger Ho - Blanka

top 4 Dallas sweep.

I lost to Buktooth in winners and Tony in losers. I'll have vids of those 2 matches posted in a bit here. I don't think there's anything to be learned from the ones I won, so I'm not gonna bother posting those.

I'll also post videos of the top 3 players in losers, winners, and grandfinals matches

Vs tony, I did really bad, and was completely out of my element. I had never went up against the Hooligan trap, and kept fallin for dash up throws :( What's terrible was my inability to adapt.

also, people fuckin smelled like rank ass crack. fuckin disgustin.

MIMIC said:

I don't think I stuttered sir

Grats Adnan.

Logans Rufus is fucking sick.

Grats to him on winning. I would have probably placed like 25th or some shit =[

And yes usually people smell like ass crack at those events in 100 degree weather.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Grats Adnan.

Logans Rufus is fucking sick.

Grats to him on winning. I would have probably placed like 25th or some shit =[

And yes usually people smell like ass crack at those events in 100 degree weather.

Thank you sir.

I don't know if you ever got a chance to meet Tony, but he's another of Dallas' top players. Roger, was the guy that won both xbox and ps tourneys at Akon. Logan and Tony were both coming into the grand finals on fire, but Logan was just on another level today, simply unstoppable.

Don't worry, you get your chance at owning peeps at ghetto lan ;)

Next time you guys fight a noob Akuma that runs away and spams fireballs, go to the opposite side of the screen and start spamming LP,LP,LK and watch and as they become unable to control themselves:lol

myDingling said:
Next time you guys fight a noob Akuma that runs away and spams fireballs, go to the opposite side of the screen and start spamming LP,LP,LK and watch and as they become unable to control themselves:lol

Really? What does the lp,lp,lk do?

Arde5643

GGs AZ Greg.

Damn Gen vs Claw really sucks - I really need to use EX Oga to avoid Claw's mix-ups.
It's weird how I can't rush Claw with Gen despite Claw's lack of AA normals and specials.

Fuerte v. Claw is definitely in Fuerte's favor, although Fuerte sucks against Akuma. So good thing I'm using Gen and Fei against Akuma. :D

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
ggp759 said:
Hey does anyone know if the TE stick for the 360 will work with the pc version? Thanks

I'm going to assume that it'll at least be able to use 360 pads on the PC version, and if that's the case, the TE will definitely work as well...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Why would someone play with Seth on a tournament?
He gets lots of damage and has low strength. :/
Anyway Wong's Abel pressure is amazing.

LakeEarth

Fersis said:
Why would someone play with Seth on a tournament?
He gets lots of damage and has low strength. :/
Anyway Wong's Abel pressure is amazing.
He's actually really good character, he even has an 8-2 advantage on Zangief because how the hell is Zangief going to touch him? His keep away game is insane, and if Seth does get knocked down, he has wakeup options. His ultra doesn't do much damage but it catches people very easily and is comboable. His multiple hit moves lead to dizzies very quickly. Motherfucker BETTER have such low damage and strength.

AllGamer

Yay, hit G2-B today

Street%20Fighter%20IV%20CH%20Mode%2014.06.09.jpg

Need to win more finals :lol

DD-11

Mr Jared said:
Fixed. Her Ultra is nowhere near as good as it was in 3rd Strike. As of a month ago, Chun-Li has become my main and once you really get into her game, you realize how crappy of an Ultra she actually has.

Go into practice mode and do cr.lk > cr. lk > EX Legs > Ultra in the corner on Ryu. Now go try the same thing on Balrog.

Sure, it goes through projectiles extremely easily, but her B&B Ultra misses half the cast for no reason.

Double Fixed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZYoqcfK-Jc#t=1m18s

Chun's Ultra does go through projectiles and full screen.

JEKKI

I got into a champion mode match with DjB13 yesterday,

using Cammy, he plays jus like his combo videos. It's crazy, dood knows how to bust flashy and damaging shyt in a match.

Cammy players gotta step up now, coz aint nobody else playing like that

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
KittenMaster said:
Justin Wong believes Seth should be banned, though mostly because of the vs. Zangief matchup.

He should be banned because he adds nothing fun to the game, not because he is OP.

He's just zero fun to play against.

AZ Greg

Arde5643 said:
GGs AZ Greg.

Damn Gen vs Claw really sucks - I really need to use EX Oga to avoid Claw's mix-ups.
It's weird how I can't rush Claw with Gen despite Claw's lack of AA normals and specials.

Fuerte v. Claw is definitely in Fuerte's favor, although Fuerte sucks against Akuma. So good thing I'm using Gen and Fei against Akuma. :D

GGs last night.

Man, your Fuerte is tough. I need way more experience with that match. The only thing I can really think to do is play run away with the life lead and I just can't bring myself to do that in a casual online match... unless I'm playing Gief. :lol

DD-11

Ledsen said:
No it doesn't, in your vid the Ultra only hit because Ryu's hands were in front of him after throwing the fireball. That's not something you can do consistently or against non-fireball chars. You can, however, do a Dash Ultra (hold b, f, f, b, f+KKK) and it will hit from full screen.

Your point is moot, you'd only do it from full screen against projectile throwing characters anyway.

CPS2

arstal said:
He should be banned because he adds nothing fun to the game, not because he is OP.

He's just zero fun to play against.

Hope you're joking dude, that's a shitty reason to ban a character and yet some people actually think like that.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
UC1 said:
Hope you're joking dude, that's a shitty reason to ban a character and yet some people actually think like that.

He complains about anything because he has a scrubby attitude, just let him be. :p

Top Bottom