• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

GalacticAE said:
The final cut is due out after the footage from this year's evo is shot.

Not very many people have seen it, but Bang the Machine is exactly what you're asking for. I hope they screen it again at this year's evo. It would be perfect.

Yes, I know about both and I'm looking forward to both. I watched the interviews and everything as well, I'd love to see him add another subplot about the US vs Japan during the Evo footage besides just the US East vs the US West. As for Bang the Machine, it's too bad that this is the case. I respect there wishes, but it wouldn't hurt if they got this out before the next Transformers sequel.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Pop On Arrival said:
Any UK gaffers know where I can find some SF4 arcade cabinets? I might be paying my old man a visit soon.
London Trocadero has two side-by-side. Nearest tube station is Picadilly Circus, anyone around there will be able to point you towards it.

Dunno how the competition is... seen some guys beasting arcade mode in there, but the Tekken machine right by it seems to draw the larger crowds =/

Anyhoo, if you or any other GAFfers are in the area let me know - there are a couple of 3S cabs as well, so I'd be well up for a throwdown!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I randomly figured out the other day that you can cancel Viper's EMPTY fierce punch. Like, the chop. Without connecting with the opponent.

A bug, I guess? Weird.

Also, I don't want to ever hear another Fuerte player bitch ever again. He makes up for being on the low end of the tier by being on the top of the "annoying motherfuckers to fight" tier.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Timedog said:
I don't even know how it's possible that she went all the way across the screen before I was able to recover from the jab unless Chun Li is Blinx the Cat in disguise.

Yeah I caught of friend of mine with the Ultra while he jabbed. Hilarious. The "WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!" that I heard coming through my speaker felt awesome. Anyway, he probably Dashed forward and unleashed the Ultra. It's very tricky to do online... way too tricky. Charge B, F, F, B, F + KKK. The timing is broken online, but it can be done as I've done it. What I did was learn to F, F and do a Hassan Shou which technically would work the same way as doing the Ultra except without the charging.

I also need a stick soon... I use the 360 pad and while I do extremely fine with it there are annoying moments where the Ultra will not come out or something ridiculous like that.

FindMyFarms said:
Is that teh braggin I c? Don't make me 1up u relix!!!

21 g3 wins, 0 runner ups, 14 g2 wins 0 runner ups. Thank you Sagat

:lol Play more Championship! Oh and get a 360 XD

Lost Fragment said:
Also, I don't want to ever hear another Fuerte player bitch ever again. He makes up for being on the low end of the tier by being on the top of the "annoying motherfuckers to fight" tier.
boo hoo

EDIT: The FR SF4 Champ is a pad player :X Some some YT vids on him.. He actually has a really good Sagat.

butthurt fuerte abuser detected.

lol

London Trocadero has two side-by-side. Nearest tube station is Picadilly Circus, anyone around there will be able to point you towards it.

Dunno how the competition is... seen some guys beasting arcade mode in there, but the Tekken machine right by it seems to draw the larger crowds =/

Anyhoo, if you or any other GAFfers are in the area let me know - there are a couple of 3S cabs as well, so I'd be well up for a throwdown!

Thanks, I'll definitely scout around London and look for some competition. I probably wont be bringing my PS3, so yeah, gonna be spending a lot of time at the arcades. Hopefully I don't get trashed too hard as tokens are expensive as tits over there.

I mean, I find the 30 cent tokens over here expensive.

TurtleSnatcher said:
boo hoo

EDIT: The FR SF4 Champ is a pad player :X Some some YT vids on him.. He actually has a really good Sagat.

The German Champ, Espi, is also a pad player and he mains Balrog. I wonder how the two will stack up to there stick counterparts when all the Euro champs face each other.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Rufus said:
Ah, knocking Blanka out of his Ultra with a c.hp. So nice.

haha. I hate it when someone knows :(

Not as satisfying as being blanka and kicking off your ultra right as ryu goes into his cr.mk animation though. It's the most satisfying move in any game ever.

My 'take bison to championship mode with 9000Gp and no knowledge of bison' experiment is going poorly. I do 'OK' and take rounds here and there, but I run out of ideas and still feel like I end up crouching and going jab jab jab lowkick lowkick scissors in the middle of fucking nowhere while the other guy stands miles back and throws fireballs all too often.

It's fun though and I'm sure it will make me level up bison faster than playing noobs, but it gets frustrating and I get sulky after about 5 losses in a row and want to insist 'the game is cheating'

it's also sort of embarrassing getting DESTROYED by a dude who just made it to G2 and uses ryu but has some skills. especially if they message you after with a smiley face. I really wanna learn abel as well, he seems fun.

kiryogi

Banned
Relix said:
Yeah I caught of friend of mine with the Ultra while he jabbed. Hilarious. The "WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!" that I heard coming through my speaker felt awesome. Anyway, he probably Dashed forward and unleashed the Ultra. It's very tricky to do online... way too tricky. Charge B, F, F, B, F + KKK. The timing is broken online, but it can be done as I've done it. What I did was learn to F, F and do a Hassan Shou which technically would work the same way as doing the Ultra except without the charging.

I also need a stick soon... I use the 360 pad and while I do extremely fine with it there are annoying moments where the Ultra will not come out or something ridiculous like that.

:lol Play more Championship! Oh and get a 360 XD

Yeah the hazanshu motion or at some weird half circle motion was something I learned in my recent execution level up. I don't recall it exactly, but it makes executing the ultra really quick compared to the normal motions.

Mr Jared

For those on PSN who are looking for some matches tonight, our weekly SF4 night in PlayStation Home has a new way to help people find matches.

Just add "Home_SF4Night" to your friends list. Home_SF4Night will then login to Home at 6PM PST (which is when the event begins) and then you simply use the "Go to" function on the friends list to follow it to the correct instance.

All the information is here-

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=homeclubs&thread.id=6527

I should be there for at least a few matches tonight.

Mr Jared

Timedog said:
is keystone light or whatever happening tonight?

There hasn't been a KSL for months :lol Unfortunately, once I started my current job I just really didn't have the time to pull it all together. It was a lot of work getting the stream going, setting up the apartment, getting food for everyone, organizing the whole thing ... lots and lots of fun, but a lot of work.

I'm thinking of doing a KSL reunion night after EVO though ... not sure if I'll stream it, but it's in the cards.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
GalacticAE said:
So who else from gaf is going go Evo besides TS, FMF(I'm gonna kidnap him), and I? GAF top 8 at Catan tourney.

I'm hopefully going. I should probably stop lurking this thread so much O_O

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've been practicing a lot with a joystick lately. I'm starting to get used to it. The main problem is the huge spacing between the buttons since I'm used to a pad. But anyway, yay! I finished 2/3 of the trials so far.

I'm surprised to see the PC version is next Tuesday. Anyone else double dipping? I've gotten use to playing fighters on my PC with a Saturn Pad.

GalacticAE said:
So who else from gaf is going go Evo besides TS, FMF(I'm gonna kidnap him), and I? GAF top 8 at Catan tourney.
Yea bit dissapointed no one else from GAF is going but 2 (maybe 3 if kidnapping of Adnan goes successful)

I'm stoked. Flying out the 15th! Its also my vacay so I'm leaving a bit early and coming back a bit later after EVO :)

I'd go but I have a conference from the 12 - 15th and fly back on the 16th. I'll be in Denver. Maybe, if Capcom releases an upgrade and what not, we can all meet at Devastation.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
My PS3 fight pad crapped out on me tonight. It just blinks and can't find the USB signal and will never connect and recognize the controller.

This is super shitty. Now I have to go out and buy another Fight pad and possibly run into the same thing again in the future. But I have no other choice. I've been playing since day one on the fight pad and it's inconcievable for me to go back to playing on a DS3.

UGH, I am pissed tonight! Anyone have any other ideas I could use before returning the thing? Someone suggested that maybe it was the USB connector, but how would I get another one of those without purchasing a whole new controller? Don't I need that thing to be specific to the controller or will any Madcatz USB wireless controller work?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm going to do that on Monday, but I don't have a receipt, box, and I purchased it about three months ago. So I doubt there is much/anything they are going to do about it. At least I'll give a shot and at least let them know that I think their products are bullshit since this SAME thing has happened to lots of people. Just typing in "SF fight pad issues" into Google brings up tons of hits and many of them having the exact same problem that I'm having. It losing sync with the USB and it'll never connect. Piece of fucking shit.

Freaking sucks. I tried playing a few games tonight with the DS3. I'm just spoiled, I cannot go back to playing the game without my controller. Curse you Madcatz! I fucking hate you because I have to rely on you!

toneroni

TurtleSnatcher said:
Fizzail.

df + HK
hey i barely have time to play.. let alone learn their new moves :p
Right now for player matches i start playing a lot more chars - ryu, cammy, chun, guile, sagat, bison, rog...pretty much the all of the old school guys (mostly will be sticking to their old movesets tho as I barely did challenge mode. At least I'll give some variety! :D)

Uploaded 2 new videos

1 of my G2 Champ win the other night that earned me a replay (barely) The Ryu was pretty good.. Had some good combos..

The other is of Buktooth and his Replay on XBL.. He RAPES the guy who had 14.5kGP (This replay is a few weeks old.. he doesnt play online much)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hHRji--sUc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpRaMby2J3M

I got lazy and didnt want to mess with some AV cables so I just did off screen recording with my HD cam. Best $200 I've ever spent! (after my iPhone)

Imm0rt4l

GalacticAE said:
I will in all likliness be attending since I should be back home in Vegas by then.

DIRTY-D

OK...I haven't posted in a while...but damn, I had to post this amazing set-up Asiangrafx posted on SRK. This guy hooked himself up with a Blaze Blue Vewlix Cab and hacked it for both arcade games and with the Xbox360 for some serious game action.

I am so jealous of this guy right now..........too freaking good:D

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=196446

In other news....I modded my TE sticks with some rubber plumbing washers and a foam block for some silent game night sessions to keep the wife at bay. :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Winner's Bracket deadline is tomorrow! fights to be done!
Arde vs. Arstal
Lake Earth vs. Enk

on the PSN side we have:
dfyb vs. ptown

XBL LOSERS BRACKET IS ABSOLUTELY STUCK!! Guys get your games done ASAP!!

LakeEarth

TurtleSnatcher said:
Uploaded 2 new videos

1 of my G2 Champ win the other night that earned me a replay (barely) The Ryu was pretty good.. Had some good combos..

The other is of Buktooth and his Replay on XBL.. He RAPES the guy who had 14.5kGP (This replay is a few weeks old.. he doesnt play online much)

I got lazy and didnt want to mess with some AV cables so I just did off screen recording with my HD cam. Best $200 I've ever spent! (after my iPhone)
That Buktooth match. Man, that one Ryu didn't know what hit him.

I'll get on that match today, I'll keep checking if Enk's online today.

Imm0rt4l said:
I will in all likliness be attending since I should be back home in Vegas by then.

Sick Gouken! GG's!

TurtleSnatcher said:
Uploaded 2 new videos

Looks like you Fuerte players have a habit of owning Ryu's :lol

Arde5643

Relix said:
Winner's Bracket deadline is tomorrow! fights to be done!
Arde vs. Arstal
Lake Earth vs. Enk

on the PSN side we have:
dfyb vs. ptown

XBL LOSERS BRACKET IS ABSOLUTELY STUCK!! Guys get your games done ASAP!!
Relix, Arstal and I already did our match and posted our results in the Online tourney thread days ago. :)

He won, I didn't. :/

Imm0rt4l

FindMyFarms said:
Sick Gouken! GG's!

Looks like you Fuerte players have a habit of owning Ryu's :lol
thanks man, you beasted on me pretty handily though! Shit was disheartening and reinvigorating all at the same time lol. We'll play again.

LowParry

Just got into the G2 brackets on PS3. Holy shit does the game turn into fun now with Championship matches. Going up again A ranks is fun, painful and one tripped out learning experience.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I just ordered a Saturn USB pad to replace my broken Madcatz. I hope this turns out for the better. Anyone here play with a Saturn pad and have good things to say about it? The only thing that makes me think that it might be sketchy are the smaller top row buttons. Seems like that would make it a little akward, but it's probably just the way it looks in the picture...

GriffD17

I have a strong desire to find Capcom's main offices and stare down the individual who decided to make Seth such a cuntrag in very easy mode.

Top Bottom