• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

ultim8p00

Banned
Played an Akuma today and I choosed Ken and rushed at him with pokes and dps. You'd think he'll try to bait me but no. After the match:

Him: You spamming faggot
Me: Block
Him: U too u noob
Me: But I won
Him: Okay? Spamming shit takes no skill
Me: Rematch?
Him: Fuck that.

Well stfu then

BTW anybody looking to get some training matches in? I haven't played in almost two weeks and I got my ass handed to me today. I'd prefer Chun Li players since she is giving me the most trouble right now...either Chun or Guile.

GT D3vinchi

ultim8p00 said:
Played an Akuma today and I choosed Ken and rushed at him with pokes and dps. You'd think he'll try to bait me but no. After the match:

Him: You spamming faggot
Me: Block
Him: U too u noob
Me: But I won
Him: Okay? Spamming shit takes no skill
Me: Rematch?
Him: Fuck that.

Well stfu then

This is why I main Chun. When I win with Ryu or Akuma, I frequently get hatemail to the effect of being a boring fireball spammer or some junk. With Chun, I tend to get a lot more positive messages whether I win or lose.

and I am rooting for the Japanese. Justin Wong needs a dose of humble pie, imo.

therapist

Game is very well ported to pc.
Controller support is amazing.

First game on pc ive ever played that i dont need pinnacle game profiler to use my virtua stick high grade , it just works!
Awesome!

GGs to FindMyFarms. He destroyed me with Fei Long and Ken. I guess I wasn't ready to get crossed up with Honda. I need to learn how to get pressured. I can't believe you did the Ken FADC to me (even though it didn't kill me).

And did you guys see the Wong Bison match?

How are people getting the PC version?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Spiderjericho said:
GGs to FindMyFarms. He destroyed me with Fei Long and Ken. I guess I wasn't ready to get crossed up with Honda. I need to learn how to get pressured. I can't believe you did the Ken FADC to me (even though it didn't kill me).

And did you guys see the Wong Bison match?

How are people getting the PC version?

The Bison ultra was sick. Did daigo play in that tournament?

LakeEarth

BotoxAgent said:
This is why I main Chun. When I win with Ryu or Akuma, I frequently get hatemail to the effect of being a boring fireball spammer or some junk. With Chun, I tend to get a lot more positive messages whether I win or lose.
Today I got some Abel hate spam, but that's because I punished his reckless ways 3 times with Abel's ultra.

LakeEarth

Jason said:
Weird.

I cancelled some dude's Honda ultra with Rufus'. I usually win those ultra v. ultra matches with Rufus.
I wouldn't even take the risk. Honda's ultra on block barely takes any chip damage, without having to worry about the timing of it all. There's a good 2 seconds of recovery where you can comfortably ultra. Even if you can't take the hit the move comes out like Ryu's ultra, where you have plenty of time to jump over it.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Some blanka on player matches beat me 10 fucking times in a row. He jumped my fireballs every single time from sweep range ON REACTION. I just started doing weird ass shit not caring if I won the matches just to see if he'd jump weirdly timed fireballs. Yep. Every time unless it was an EX. From sweep range just outside of sweep range. My fireball was skim Blankas shitty mane and then I'd get punished with a combo. The reaction time was just mindblowing. I cried. Maybe I just need to practice inputting the fireball motion quicker.

He said he played in tournaments in the ST days, but is just getting back into fighting games.

Another thing, I can do a dragon punch near instantaneously offline, but online it seems that unless I slow down the motion, it only comes out half the time.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Oh man, I had the greatest g2 finals of my life. It was me vs. Barlog and in the 3rd round I had in my the corner but he had 40-50% life and I had like 5%, and I tried and accomplished a new corner technique that I figured out yesterday. I threw a fireball, which he blocked high, and then I FADC'ed forward and threw out a cr. mk into an ex tatsu into an ultra for the immaculate finish! Daigo shit. Not enough cp to get me a replay though :(

MIMIC

Banned
Timedog said:
Some blanka on player matches beat me 10 fucking times in a row. He jumped my fireballs every single time from sweep range ON REACTION. I just started doing weird ass shit not caring if I won the matches just to see if he'd jump weirdly timed fireballs. Yep. Every time unless it was an EX. From sweep range just outside of sweep range. My fireball was skim Blankas shitty mane and then I'd get punished with a combo. The reaction time was just mindblowing. I cried. Maybe I just need to practice inputting the fireball motion quicker.

He said he played in tournaments in the ST days, but is just getting back into fighting games.

Another thing, I can do a dragon punch near instantaneously offline, but online it seems that unless I slow down the motion, it only comes out half the time.

I played a Sakura like that with insane reaction time. I stopped trying to win and was just watching him react to everything I did :lol

GrayFoxPL

LakeEarth said:
Try Honda, he hits hard, has some mobility, and most don't know how to punish his headbutts at the G3 level. Just don't become a standard online Honda that just backs off and does headbutts all day.

Ya, and he's got really good crossups. Up close you can alternate between ex slaps and oichi throw. Btw I'm so shitty at crossups in this game but with honda even I don't fuck it up. Body splash d+mk is the way to go.

Btw. I've been out of SFIV for over a month. But I'm back!

Played last few days and I see everyone is in championship :lol. It's good.

Comeback wasn't too painfull, I'm winning bit more then before but that must be because good players passed to G2 already. I've been stuck in G3-A since forever. How many GP do I need to pass to G2?

Still play Guile and Fail Long. I left Honda when I felt I was getting too good with him, lol. That's how I am. But I want to get back to him.

Btw. The input "aid" is driving me crazy. I do flaming kicks constantly offline no problem, but online it's just random as fuck. Sometimes I push left and flaming kick comes out, sometimes I think "flaming kick" and bang there it is! I didn't even have to push anything. But let me try a proper motion and nothing, not a shit! :lol

All right, my shitty pad is faling apart too. Got myself a new one, will check today if it helps me with anything.

Oh and please someone invite me to gafchat? psn id: GrayFoxPL

I have SF4 chat invite but it's not the same, right?

therapist said:
Game is very well ported to pc.
Controller support is amazing.

First game on pc ive ever played that i dont need pinnacle game profiler to use my virtua stick high grade , it just works!
Awesome!

Are you the Bison player from Tekken in Texas?

@SpiderJericho - GG's sir, but you were more than holding your own ;)

been a while since i've started up SF IV. its good to see lots of people moved up to G1 now for better matchmaking. tried some player matches yesterday and it went pretty smooth, sans for the occasional stupid lag.

guess i got to catch up to those newcomers later in the day! ;)

ravien56

So what's the state of this game for ps3 online? Is it just the really good pple still playing?aka if I go online will I get wrecked instantly?

GrayFoxPL

ravien56 said:
So what's the state of this game for ps3 online? Is it just the really good pple still playing?aka if I go online will I get wrecked instantly?

There are still lot of people playing. Mostly championship, but it's good, you start playing low ranked people like yourself and go up from there. Lot's of newcomers, so yeah. Go for it.

scaffa

Started playing again since last week (ps3 version). Sometimes there aren't a lot of people online but in the later hours it's ok.

I don't notice a lot of newcomers tho, keep fighting against peeps that have a bp of 1500+ and I still have 0 bp.. yeah I still always lose :lol

GrayFoxPL

Zotty said:
Started playing again since last week (ps3 version). Sometimes there aren't a lot of people online but in the later hours it's ok.

I don't notice a lot of newcomers tho, keep fighting against peeps that have a bp of 1500+ and I still have 0 bp.. yeah I still always lose :lol

But you get 1bp for loss. :eek:

I yesterday I fought some that had 1, 2bp. So i the final I'm like 3CP versus 2500+Cp of my opponent, :lol.

GrayFoxPL said:
But you get 1bp for loss. :eek:

I yesterday I fought some that had 1, 2bp. So i the final I'm like 3CP versus 2500+Cp of my opponent, :lol.
You're thinking of GP
BP is for ranked, GP is for Champrionship
You always lose BP for a loss (Ranked). You only lose GP for losses in G1 (Championship).

GrayFoxPL

_dementia said:
You're thinking of GP
BP is for ranked, GP is for Champrionship
You always lose BP for a loss (Ranked). You only lose GP for losses in G1 (Championship).

Oh, yeah. Sorry for the confusion.

Ok. works done. I'm gonna have a go at SFIV in 20.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ultim8p00 said:
P

BTW anybody looking to get some training matches in? I haven't played in almost two weeks and I got my ass handed to me today. I'd prefer Chun Li players since she is giving me the most trouble right now...either Chun or Guile.

GT D3vinchi

I would fight you... but you and I have a tourney match pending =P. After we have the match we can practice, I think I have a very good Chun Li but there's always out there ready to whip your ass. Also, I added your. Whenever you are ready to fight lemme know, I'll be on after 6PM EST these days till Thursday when I'll just take the day, so lemme know.

Also... OMG TICK THROWING WITH HONDA IS FUCKING GREAT!! :lol ! Pulled it out a few times, gotta practice some more.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Someone help me.....

Messing around with the combo challenges, and for the life of me using Guile i cant do that one challenge where you:

Jump in Hard Punch
Crouch Med Punch
Flash Kick
Double Flash

The problem im having is the Flash Kick to Double Flash....it just doesnt seem like enough time in between the two to get a sufficient charge to do the Double Flash at the end!!!! How am i supposed to correctly charge the double flash when im on my way down after doing the flash kick??????

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Someone help me.....

Messing around with the combo challenges, and for the life of me using Guile i cant do that one challenge where you:

Jump in Hard Punch
Crouch Med Punch
Flash Kick
Double Flash

The problem im having is the Flash Kick to Double Flash....it just doesnt seem like enough time in between the two to get a sufficient charge to do the Double Flash at the end!!!! How am i supposed to correctly charge the double flash when im on my way down after doing the flash kick??????
To super cancel flash into doubleflash, charge downback, then quickly move upforward + k, downback, upforward + K.

like Balrog's dash punch cancel into crazy buffalo, except turned 45 degrees

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Someone help me.....

Jump in Hard Punch
Crouch Med Punch
Flash Kick
Double Flash

I think I couldn't do this one either. However, I believe it's a cancel, so you won't see the flash kick animation, guile will kick them in the air then go direct into the super without flying up in the air for the first flash kick.

Youtube is your friend if you can't understand when you should be doing things. good luck actually doing it though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Someone help me.....

Jump in Hard Punch
Crouch Med Punch
Flash Kick
Double Flash

uhhh, press down and up and all three kicks again REALLY fast after the first flash kick? I mean, or you could use the secret method that the pros use, but I'm not at liberty to give that out because of the person that gave me the information originally. There are a few others in this thread that might be able to give it to you, in a PM or something.

_dementia said:
To super cancel flash into doubleflash, charge downback, then quickly move upforward + k, downback, upforward + K.

45 degrees?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
_dementia said:

If im reading you right then, you dont actually try to charge twice then (once for the flash kick, other for double flash).....you actually only do the 'charge' motion for the first flash kick, then quickly execute the commands you wrote out back to back?

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
If im reading you right then, you dont actually try to charge twice then (once for the flash kick, other for double flash).....you actually only do the 'charge' motion for the first flash kick, then quickly execute the commands you wrote out back to back?
Correct. The charge counts for both the Flashkick and the super if done correctly, and Guile will cancel out of the flash kick recovery and go straight into the super.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
_dementia said:

Great, thanks!! I was totally doing it wrong then....:lol Wasted almost 2 hrs last night trying to get this one.

Yeah, i know...pathetic.

Just got this game though, and so far i really like it.

On a completely unrelated note...what's with the Backstreet Boys/Boy Band menu music? ICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
sloppyjoe_gamer said:

I'll give you a hint:

"With one button (a) comes one possible combination, which is simply a. With 2 buttons comes 3 possible combinations. a, a+b, and b."

With a few clever inferences and some practice you'll find the secret to God Mode charge characters.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Timedog said:
I'll give you a hint:

"With one button (a) comes one possible combination, which is simply a. With 2 buttons comes 3 possible combinations. a, a+b, and b."

With a few clever inferences and some practice you'll find the secret to God Mode charge characters.

englishmotherf'erdoyouspeakit.gif

:lol

Seriously, what do you mean? i know that I can have the one button be light+medium+heavy for a kick, or punch......

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
englishmotherf'erdoyouspeakit.gif

:lol

Seriously, what do you mean? i know that I can have the one button be light+medium+heavy for a kick, or punch......

If a controller had one button (button A), you could only press that one button. If a controller had 2 buttons (button A and button B), you have 3 possible combinations of button presses that can occur at one time. Pressing A, pressing A and B at the same time, or pressing B. I'm not giving you any more clues to how the pros do it because you made fun of Indestructable. I don't know how much you know about Street Fighter (I'm an expert).

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Timedog said:
If a controller had one button (button A), you could only press that one button. If a controller had 2 buttons (button A and button B), you have 3 possible combinations of button presses that can occur at one time. Pressing A, pressing A and B at the same time, or pressing B. I'm not giving you any more clues to how the pros do it because you made fun of Indestructable. I don't know how much you know about Street Fighter (I'm an expert).

I think its obvious that i am nowhere near the expert level in Street Fighter...:D

I played SF2 back in the day, but wanted to get back into things with SFIV. I kind of get what your saying with your A & B analogy, but i dont get what that in particular has to do with my Guile flash, double flash issue. The double flash only needs one attack button pressed at the end, not multiple....The Ultra (i think thats the name) needs all 3 attack buttons pressed.

Dementia's answer was pretty clear....I'll give that a shot for my Guile dilemna.

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
I think its obvious that i am nowhere near the expert level in Street Fighter...:D

I played SF2 back in the day, but wanted to get back into things with SFIV. I kind of get what your saying with your A & B analogy, but i dont get what that in particular has to do with my Guile flash, double flash issue. The double flash only needs one attack button pressed at the end, not multiple....The Ultra (i think thats the name) needs all 3 attack buttons pressed.

Dementia's answer was pretty clear....I'll give that a shot for my Guile dilemna.
lol..

TimeDog is no expert. No one here really is minus a select few like FindMyFarms or haunts (we miss you!) or Saqs, yeb etc.

Most just play casually but at least know some of the basics like the Guile Flash into Super.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TurtleSnatcher said:
lol..

TimeDog is no expert. No one here really is minus a select few like FindMyFarms or haunts (we miss you!) or Saqs, yeb etc.

Most just play casually but at least know some of the basics like the Guile Flash into Super.

Whatever man! I'm the best SF player on the West Coast (Jwong might be able to beat me). If I can borrow my moms video camera I'll make a "Timedog tried and true tactics" video and you all can bathe in my glory.

ultim8p00

Banned
Timedog said:

I fucking HATE this. God this shit makes me want to burn this game. There's nothing like inputting a dp only to eat someone's jumping hk. I usually just use Ryu's standing hk or crouching hp for anti-airs.

LakeEarth

TurtleSnatcher said:
lol..

Uh oh, should I be nervous about the GAF Tourney winner finals :lol

LakeEarth said:

Wait have you never played Saqs or watched his videos LakeEarth? :lol

He's probably the best player on GAF for XBL along with haunts and yeb. :lol

Go YouTube "Saqs Rose" :p

Zapages

ultim8p00 said:
I fucking HATE this. God this shit makes me want to burn this game. There's nothing like inputting a dp only to eat someone's jumping hk. I usually just use Ryu's standing hk or crouching hp for anti-airs.

So true... I end up losing more matches online so frequently like that its not even funny... Plus I am accustomed to the keyboard more so than the gamepad for 2d or 2.5d fighters.:lol

ultim8p00 said:
Holy crap Rose's Ultra is blockable? Wtf I always let it hit me because I thought it was a throw! :lol

It is blockable just hold back... But its best when person jumps and is coming down and you do the ultra. :lol

I play Ryu, Abel, Rufus, and Rose.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
LakeEarth said:

Yup. He's good. He fucking gave me 6-0 shutout. I managed to get about 4 rounds close but he still got me. Yes, I got owned. Now I want to win the loser's bracket so I can have my revenge!!!!!!!!! Thanks to his beating I got inspired with SF4 again and leveled up my Chun :D
ultim8p00 said:
Holy crap Rose's Ultra is blockable? Wtf I always let it hit me because I thought it was a throw! :lol

Can we fight tonight? =O!

ultim8p00

Banned
Relix said:
Yup. He's good. He fucking gave me 6-0 shutout. I managed to get about 4 rounds close but he still got me. Yes, I got owned. Now I want to win the loser's bracket so I can have my revenge!!!!!!!!! Thanks to his beating I got inspired with SF4 again and leveled up my Chun :D

Can we fight tonight? =O!

Yeah tonight works

Top Bottom