• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

LakeEarth

TurtleSnatcher said:
Wait have you never played Saqs or watched his videos LakeEarth? :lol

He's probably the best player on GAF for XBL along with haunts and yeb. :lol

Go YouTube "Saqs Rose" :p
Fantastic. I watched his replay and he seemed pretty good with Rose.

cartman414 said:
Probably a silly question, but will the MadCatz controller included in the special PC bundle work on 360?
It should. I hear its the same controller as the 360 one.

Enk I sent a friend invite too for my tourney match but he's hard to find online sometimes :( I see to always miss him!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Who do you guys think is the most improved character due to lag during online play? I'm voting Chun Li. At least for Ryu. I think if I faced a really good Chun with a 1 bar connection and we played 100 matches I might lose all 100.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ultim8p00 said:
Yeah tonight works

Alright I'll be on around 8PM EST. I also added your GT.

Timedog said:
Who do you guys think is the most improved character due to lag during online play? I'm voting Chun Li. At least for Ryu. I think if I faced a really good Chun with a 1 bar connection and we played 100 matches I might lose all 100.

Chun's timing for certain attacks is a bitch with lag. Offline her pokes aren't that effective at all, but with proper defense adjustments she can do fine. I defend my whore to death!!!

Stantron

What do people think are the worst character match ups? I've started to mess around with Vega recently, and playing against a decent Blanka is tough. So much effort required to win. I like the challenge though, if it's just playing casually.

Timedog said:

zangief. lots of trading hits due to lag and you'll pay dearly for every delay.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
blanka is improved with lag...

I have stopped playing blanka now and gone full time bison. It's......hard. I get crossed up like a bitch and i have to stop trying to ultra to save myself, blankas ultra at least had the advantage of killing people that rush down to much.

I made it to a few G2 finals today though with bison, he's fun, but wow it feels like working for the wins a lot more than blanka. I have something like 800 less fights with bison though, I guess i'm not fit to comment just yet :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
LOL, i just fought some turd and I had about 90% health to his 10%, so I said fuck it and started spamming only jab dragon repeatedly, not even caring if it cost me the round. He had no clue what to do. He mostly just sat back, tripped me twice, and evaded. After about 15 long, long seconds of me ONLY doing back to back DP's, he finally jumps in on me at the wrong time and eats a dragon punch for the loss. After that long, and after him getting some hits on me that I could have tried to punish and it not affecting my resolve to DP like a jack off, he had to have realized that DP'ing was all I was gonna do. KEN HAS A FUCKING FIREBALL YOU RETARD. God, I was so mad that I won.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Stantron said:
What do people think are the worst character match ups? I've started to mess around with Vega recently, and playing against a decent Blanka is tough. So much effort required to win. I like the challenge though, if it's just playing casually.

Gief/Seth, Honda/Ken.

Yes Ken. I'd rather face a Sagat then a Ken.

Arde5643

arstal said:
Gief/Seth, Honda/Ken.

Yes Ken. I'd rather face a Sagat then a Ken.
Honda/Ken doesn't make sense. Unlike Ryu or Sagat's fireballs, Ken's fireballs are slower to recover from and it doesn't knock down.

Not only that, unlike Ryu or Sagat, Ken doesn't have EZ-mode ultra combos.

Ken has to play close with Honda which is really dangerous since it's always in Honda's favour to trade hits or any close-up game.

cr.LP to HHS is the most dangerous thing anyone going close up with Honda faces. If Honda has super, he can cancel cr.LP -> HHS into super doing effin retarded damage.
If he has 2 ex meter, he can do cr.LP -> HHS -> FADC -> ochio doing pretty retarded damage.
And even if he doesn't have EX meter, he can link cr.LP to HHS to another cr.LP -> HHS to increase his EX meter fast.
And obviously, once you're scared of cr.LP to HHS, he can now easily spam ochio throw in your face.

There is absolutely nothing good in trying to fight Honda up close and this is where Ken's bad fireball recovery really negates him.

BotoxAgent said:
This is why I main Chun. When I win with Ryu or Akuma, I frequently get hatemail to the effect of being a boring fireball spammer or some junk. With Chun, I tend to get a lot more positive messages whether I win or lose.

I main Ryu, but mess around with Rufus and Abel (suck hard with both of them though)

Here's a few of my recent messages.

After beating a flowchart ken. 'Scrub mode, Diago wannabe. Ez mode'

'You fight boring'

'You fucking suck'

'Fireball spammer'

It's usually Ken and Gief players I get hate from. Of course I'm going to zone Gief's ass, and Ken seems to be attracting a ton of idiots. I hate spamming Akuma's and Sagat's but you have to deal with them.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Finally got the hang of Chun's Dash Ultra with lag online :lol Tricky as hell. Still finding good uses for it, that's the fun part =P

Stantron said:
Gief/Seth

Akuma/Gief

So I've decided Im going to start learning how to play with Ryu or Ken..

I'm thinking more towards Ken because no one plays him and its more of a challenge.. But man I love seeing when people cancel a roundhouse Tatsu on me .. or EX. It makes me cringe but also makes me go "Damnn look at that dmg and stun"

rocK`

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Wait have you never played Saqs or watched his videos LakeEarth? :lol

He's probably the best player on GAF for XBL along with haunts and yeb. :lol

Go YouTube "Saqs Rose" :p

really? i body saqs

maybe i should participate in your tournies

Relix said:
Finally got the hang of Chun's Dash Ultra with lag online :lol Tricky as hell. Still finding good uses for it, that's the fun part =P

I got the Dash Ultra down, but yeah, lag often kills it :-/ Lately, I've been experimenting cr.fierce to inch closer to fireball spammers esp. Sagats, lmao :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XBL Brackets
http://i32.tinypic.com/53ai6v.gif

PSN Brackets
http://i27.tinypic.com/vrepma.gif

Pachinko and Timedog! Get your match done ASAP, you guys have about 24 hours to get it done before forfeit.

ROUND 5
DEADLINE: SUNDAY JULY 12TH AT 10PM EST
CONFIRMED FIGHTS:
XBL -
Turtlesnatcher vs. Enk
Rummy Bunz vs. Quero
Arde vs. Winner of pcahinko/Timedog
Phatsaqs vs. LakeEarth also falls within R5 deadline!

PSN:
dfyb vs Lyte Edge

There's no need to wait for the deadline, I am fairly sure this tournament can be over by then in fact.

ultim8p00

Banned
Am I the only one who whore taunts online :lol ? Seriously. Sometimes I feel bad.

Also ggs Relix. Your Chun Li is pretty impressive. You left me no room to breath!

Arde5643

TurtleSnatcher said:
Gief/Seth

Akuma/Gief

So I've decided Im going to start learning how to play with Ryu or Ken..

I'm thinking more towards Ken because no one plays him and its more of a challenge.. But man I love seeing when people cancel a roundhouse Tatsu on me .. or EX. It makes me cringe but also makes me go "Damnn look at that dmg and stun"
Don't forget Gief/Abel or Blanka/Boxer also falls up into retarded match ups as well.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Someone help me.....

Messing around with the combo challenges, and for the life of me using Guile i cant do that one challenge where you:

Jump in Hard Punch
Crouch Med Punch
Flash Kick
Double Flash

The problem im having is the Flash Kick to Double Flash....it just doesnt seem like enough time in between the two to get a sufficient charge to do the Double Flash at the end!!!! How am i supposed to correctly charge the double flash when im on my way down after doing the flash kick??????

Finally got this one tonite.....:D :D

LakeEarth

Arde5643 said:
Don't forget Gief/Abel or Blanka/Boxer also falls up into retarded match ups as well.
Gief/Abel sucks. Your only best friends are short wheel kick (just nick them) and sweep. And EX Tornado Throw if he's being a douche lariating while you wake up for the chip damage. You CAN ultra the end of a whiffed lariat but you gotta hope you time it right. If you see it coming, you can tornado throw his ultra/super. Never jump in. Still a bitch to win.

Jirotrom

13 hours till this unlocks on steam! I can not wait for the mods this game will have, I want all original SF2 music back in the game :p

Find lost? Woah!! Who does P-Town use?

If you need help Find, I've got a Honda that can help the army, lol.

I played my girlfriend in this game today. She was a little overwhelmed by the six buttons, the inputs, etc.

It was also the first time I used a stick in awhile.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Sagat/Gief is also bad.

I think Seth/Gief and Sagat/Gief are the only 2 8-2 matches in the game .. though I could be wrong.

No way Sagat vs gief is 8-2. Sure, Sagat obviously has the advantage, but 8-2? Nah. I agree with Seth being broken as fuck against Gief, though.

Dartastic

Timedog said:
I've decided today that I'm finally ready to take on JWong. He better bring his A-Game at EVO.

Cocky much? :lol

Edit - I don't know who BimodalToaster is, but they have a damn good Balrog. Haha!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Dartastic said:
Cocky much? :lol

I've analyzed his strategy for days, and I have a secret against Abel and Rufus. He'll get bodied RIGHT quick if I play up to my standards. Soon I'll have a "Timedog Tried and True Techniques and Tactics for Total Tyranny (TM)" video online. I'm deciding if it should be on youtube or if I should sell a dvd. If I beat J Wong I'm gonna sell the dvd, but before then I might put some choice morsels up on youtube to whet your appetite, once they're ready to take out of the oven.

I know that this came out around the end of last month, but I totally spaced on it, but I found this documentary about street fighter 4 tournaments. The film is for free, here is the website:

http://www.igotnextmovie.com/

I know this was released at the end of last month, but I'm watching it now and it's not bad.

Dartastic

Timedog said:
I've analyzed his strategy for days, and I have a secret against Abel and Rufus. He'll get bodied RIGHT quick if I play up to my standards. Soon I'll have a "Timedog Tried and True Techniques and Tactics for Total Tyranny (TM)" video online. I'm deciding if it should be on youtube or if I should sell a dvd. If I beat J Wong I'm gonna sell the dvd, but before then I might put some choice morsels up on youtube to whet your appetite, once they're ready to take out of the oven.

Do you need me to beat you again? =p

GriffD17

Thanks for the tips and the pointers Turtle. Unfortunately you cut out from time to time, but damn, cross up defense is my top priority. Maybe you even recorded the matches for the lulz of this thread.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Timedog said:

He'll adjust quickly and stomp you. Trust me, Wong adapts to gimmicky crap real fast. I tried my Silber gimmick against him in KOFXII once, got one of his guys, then got stomped hard.

It's consistentcy that counts anyways. That's the area where I lack.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
arstal said:
He'll adjust quickly and stomp you. Trust me, Wong adapts to gimmicky crap real fast. I tried my Silber gimmick against him in KOFXII once, got one of his guys, then got stomped hard.

Just wait for my video and you'll see some incredible stuff.

GriffD17 said:
Thanks for the tips and the pointers Turtle. Unfortunately you cut out from time to time, but damn, cross up defense is my top priority. Maybe you even recorded the matches for the lulz of this thread.

i didn't

That headset blows.. No wonder you weren't being super responsive. Ill use my other one next time.

I had my controls all jacked so I can practice with Ryu/Ken so I didn't do much. Fuerte is my best usually.

Work on Focus cancels and cross ups. You have pokes down pretty well. You aren't too agressive at times when you should. I was honestly in the last few rounds with Gen trying to get you to hit me but you kept back off and not touching me.. :p

GriffD17

TurtleSnatcher said:
i didn't

That headset blows.. No wonder you weren't being super responsive. Ill use my other one next time.

I had my controls all jacked so I can practice with Ryu/Ken so I didn't do much. Fuerte is my best usually.

Work on Focus cancels and cross ups. You have pokes down pretty well. You aren't too agressive at times when you should. I was honestly in the last few rounds with Gen trying to get you to hit me but you kept back off and not touching me.. :p

Yeah, I definitely need to work on being aggressive. But when I do get aggressive I am most often punished.

Time for my required scrub question of the day: What's the use of focus cancel? It looked damn neat at least. And I see it used a lot in videos of high level play. But I see them use it from a distance and don't understand the use of it.

GriffD17 said:
Yeah, I definitely need to work on being aggressive. But when I do get aggressive I am most often punished.

Time for my required scrub question of the day: What's the use of focus cancel? It looked damn neat at least. And I see it used a lot in videos of high level play. But I see them use it from a distance and don't understand the use of it.

Builds Ultra Meter.

Every focus attack absorb allows you to build ultra.

Also helps you move in on fireball users.

Also used to get out of cross ups.. (Just 1 method of getting out that is)

Also you can kara focus cancel (but im horrible at it) and it will really move you far forward so you can get a quick throw in if needed by surprise.

Also after you focus attack and hit someone you can cancel it and then go into multitudes of things. A popular example: Ryu - Dragon Punch Focus attack Dash Cancel into Ultra, Sagat - Tiger Uppercut FADC into Ultra or F. HK + Ultra.

GriffD17

TurtleSnatcher said:
Builds Ultra Meter.

Every focus attack absorb allows you to build ultra.

Also helps you move in on fireball users.

Also used to get out of cross ups.. (Just 1 method of getting out that is)

Also you can kara focus cancel (but im horrible at it) and it will really move you far forward so you can get a quick throw in if needed by surprise.

Also after you focus attack and hit someone you can cancel it and then go into multitudes of things. A popular example: Ryu - Dragon Punch Focus attack Dash Cancel into Ultra, Sagat - Tiger Uppercut FADC into Ultra or F. HK + Ultra.

Hrm. Thanks for the explanation.

If I remember right, SRK forums listed Kara throws and the characters who could do them and I don't recall Chun being on that list.

And that last part, :lol , I'll work on the bare bones basics first.

GriffD17 said:
Hrm. Thanks for the explanation.

If I remember right, SRK forums listed Kara throws and the characters who could do them and I don't recall Chun being on that list.

And that last part, :lol , I'll work on the bare bones basics first.
Kara Focus Cancel isn't a Kara Throw.

When you focus cancel you move forward or back depending on where you dash.. You just move whatever the distance of your normal dash usually .. But a Kara Focus Cancel usually moves you almost 2x the distance.

I actaully was trying to get the Ryu one on you (DP->FADC-Ultra).. But unfortunately I kept screwing up and got a EX Dragon Punch instead =[

Spiderjericho said:
Find lost? Woah!! Who does P-Town use?

If you need help Find, I've got a Honda that can help the army, lol.

I played my girlfriend in this game today. She was a little overwhelmed by the six buttons, the inputs, etc.

It was also the first time I used a stick in awhile.

Yeah ptown has a good bison and my akuma is wack, so Lossssss lol. I got to play Hsien Chang the other day, feel pretty good about getting a win streak on his akuma :)

arstal said:

You're joking right? Timedog probably has the best adjustment game on the west coast. Wong's good, but I don't think he'll be able to pull it out in the dog house.

GrayFoxPL

I finally got to G2 yesterday.

Oh fuck.

First match was against 7500 Sagat and I almost beat him first round with spare 80% health! Then I got fucked up.

Man, I feel like everybody's bitch in G2. :lol

I said to myself: "Ok, I'm shit like that, I can't compete with them." But then I watched some more Hajime no Ippo episodes and I'm ready to jump in today again. My fighting spirit is high! :lol

Btw. Yesterday I fought my first Dalsim in championship. He won the first round but really lucky, so I thought to myself: "Wha? Sim's not dangerous at all, what was that Gaf talk all about?" and on second round I couldn't touch him. He zoned me perfectly. I was stuck to the other side of the screen. "So that is what!"

Shadow780

GrayFoxPL said:
I finally got to G2 yesterday.

Oh fuck.

First match was against 7500 Sagat and I almost beat him first round with spare 80% health! Then I got fucked up.

Man, I feel like everybody's bitch in G2. :lol

I said to myself: "Ok, I'm shit like that, I can't compete with them." But then I watched some more Hajime no Ippo episodes and I'm ready to jump in today again. My fighting spirit is high! :lol

Congrats!

G2's really bipolar sometimes, I could end up fighting someone with 13,000GP but employs laughable flowchart stuff, and someone with lower 3000GP that are just BRUTAL. After a while the seeing the amount of GP my opponents have don't have effects anymore.

GrayFoxPL

Shadow780 said:
Congrats!

G2's really bipolar sometimes, I could end up fighting someone with 13,000GP but employs laughable flowchart stuff, and someone with lower 3000GP that are just BRUTAL. After a while the seeing the amount of GP my opponents have don't have effects anymore.

Thanks man! :D

Right now I look at their GP as a reference on how hard my ass gonna hurt. After 3000 it's numb from the pain so 3000 or 9000 it doesn't make a difference now. :lol

If I'll ever win any G2 Championship I'll throw a party to celebrate! :lol

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
GrayFoxPL said:

Right now I look at their GP as a reference on how hard my ass gonna hurt. After 3000 it's numb from the pain so 3000 or 9000 it doesn't make a difference now. :lol

You'll win some, my winning really depends on the time of day I'm playing :/

GrayFoxPL said:

I'm in the same boat. I think a big part of it is just adjusting to reasonable players and not the 90% of gimmick players that are in G3. After a bit, you'll feel more comfortable at G2.

Top Bottom