• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Wooo

Won my first G2 championship with bison after switching from blanka at 9k gp.

soo good.

Bisons really got to make use of his get away teleport to stop getting crossed up all the time.

Also, standing high kick is the shit.

My game is still delving into 'we are both nearly dead, hope this random headstomp works' a little too much, but I'm not getting TRASHED anymore.

Any bison players utilise the tepeort for anything decent? I only use it as a get away. Was trying to teleport behind shotos and throw, but recovery sucks too much and you get jabbed by anyone that doesn't suck.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad I pre-ordered. I checked the Steam store again today and it has disappeared from my region (Japan).

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Askia47 said:
Im wondering how the PC version holds up compared to console, even though its been hacked already. :lol

Well, it's certainly prettier.

963129828.jpg

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
^

I got a C. I have a Pentium D and an 8800GTS. I get 60fps. Only drops during the cinematics. Gameplay is buttery.

With the image quality being substantially better...I'll take it.

jett

D-Member
DaCocoBrova said:
Well, it's certainly prettier.

http://images3.gry-online.pl/galeria/galeria_duze2/963129828.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

That's a pic of the console version...

Here are some pictures of the benchmark with the INK filters enabled:

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/24uycld.jpg

av3omx.jpg

11m7wac.jpg

jzyvbb.jpg

28v3fs.jpg

2q35hrs.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
That's a fucking horrible capture of the console version. It looks nothing like that on my tv.

Well, I suppose it looks *something* like that, but a lot better.

toneroni

catfish said:
Wooo

Won my first G2 championship with bison after switching from blanka at 9k gp.

soo good.

Bisons really got to make use of his get away teleport to stop getting crossed up all the time.

Also, standing high kick is the shit.

My game is still delving into 'we are both nearly dead, hope this random headstomp works' a little too much, but I'm not getting TRASHED anymore.

Any bison players utilise the tepeort for anything decent? I only use it as a get away. Was trying to teleport behind shotos and throw, but recovery sucks too much and you get jabbed by anyone that doesn't suck.
werd bisons teleport is weird.
I love the EX stomp also!! :lol

Seriously looks like that BP thing is probably just a bug as opposed to a hack and even if it is.. its not like its any different from PSN or XBL where people just trade wins.

Is there Championship Mode in the PC version? Ill probably just stick to that.

Garcian

catfish said:

Nope, just use it as getaway myself - as you say, the recovery is too slow & will get you pummelled. I've accidentally teleported & escaped a throw on a couple of occasions before though.

Nice, easy Bison double-hitter for you - jumping medium punch x1 (against airborne opponent), land & juggle hit opponent with heavy kick.

Rektash

Anyone got the Steam version running? Its out now but when i try to start it

this

appears and disappears immediatly. Nothing happens after that.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If you preloaded the game, you got encrypted files. That's how Steam Prealod works.

The thing is, Steam servers never sent the decryption keys. Steam just made the game available, even tho all the files on your hd are still encrypted (and thus, unusable).

You have two options:

1) delete everything and download everything, as it will come decrypted from the main server

2) wait until valve fixes the issue and sends out the decryption keys.

All you have to decide is which one is going to take the longest. Redownload the entire game, or wait until valve notices the mistake/releases the key/your computer finishes decrypting the data you already have.

Won't Valve ever get a pre-load right? :lol

Jirotrom

drizzle said:
If you preloaded the game, you got encrypted files. That's how Steam Prealod works.

The thing is, Steam servers never sent the decryption keys. Steam just made the game available, even tho all the files on your hd are still encrypted (and thus, unusable).

You have two options:

1) delete everything and download everything, as it will come decrypted from the main server

All you have to decide is which one is going to take the longest. Redownload the entire game, or wait until valve notices the mistake/releases the key/your computer finishes decrypting the data you already have.

pretty fuckin lame... How do I delete it and redownload it... is there some special way?

Wow, I suck. :) I don't think I've played a fighting game beyond mashing buttons in DOA since SC on the Dreamcast so my ability to pull off combos of any sort is pathetic. I also think the 360's d-pad is not helping me. Hopefully the unlockable characters are not burried too far in.

I love the visual style, and some of the effects are excellent (the motion blur seems to be unusually good). Maybe it's that SFIV throws a lot of effects at you without losing IQ and (according to me layman's eyes) not relying to the next-gen compromises I've come to expect, but this is one of the prettiest games I've played over the past few years.

GriffD17

CabbageRed said:
Wow, I suck. :) I don't think I've played a fighting game beyond mashing buttons in DOA since SC on the Dreamcast so my ability to pull off combos of any sort is pathetic. I also think the 360's d-pad is not helping me. Hopefully the unlockable characters are not burried too far in.

I love the visual style, and some of the effects are excellent (the motion blur seems to be unusually good). Maybe it's that SFIV throws a lot of effects at you without losing IQ and (according to me layman's eyes) not relying to the next-gen compromises I've come to expect, but this is one of the prettiest games I've played over the past few years.
Welcome to the club. The ultra super frustrating club.

Grayman

drizzle said:

You have two options:

grumble i did not even find the option to pre load... it just showed up in my games list this morning, hours to wait now.

Can't believe I'm still playing this damn game. Tourney this weekend in socal. I'll enter and get my ass beat by some badass player down here.

Also, alt'ing Ryu. I made that big old post about choosing fuerte, but I straight up didn't like him. I hate having to go the vanilla street fighter route, but Ryu makes my loins burn and I do ok with him. Will also look into a Gief alt.

ntropy

CabbageRed said:
It's not you, it's the 360 d-pad.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I was playing in a final against some scrub Abel and I kept yelling "isn't THAT a turd!" every time I'd hit him, and finally in the 2nd match he just gave up and let me get 2 free combos on him for the win. I wish he would have had a mic so I could hear him cry.

So uh, whenever I leave arcade mode in the PC version and try to play online, I get a "your gamer tag is not capable of online play" error message. When I restart the game it fixes the problem, but it's still annoying as all hell.

Anyone got any ideas?

TheExodu5

Banned
Okay so I have it pre-ordered and pre-loaded on Steam. Going to play when I get home in two hours.

Now, PC gamers, do any of you have a mic/headset and want to get on Ventrilo (I have a server) so we can get some voice-chat going while we play? I'm pretty nub, so I could use some training as well. :lol

Ysiadmihi

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Okay so I have it pre-ordered and pre-loaded on Steam. Going to play when I get home in two hours.

Now, PC gamers, do any of you have a mic/headset and want to get on Ventrilo (I have a server) so we can get some voice-chat going while we play? I'm pretty nub, so I could use some training as well. :lol

I got a headset and some crappy bluetooth one that doesn't work too well that I use when playing on the TV. Unfortunately I think I'll be playing on the TV since the game doesn't look nearly as good on my monitor :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
God, waiting for someone to join or join someone in a G1 Final takes forever. Also... 70% of my opponents are 2 bars =(. I wanna go back to G2!!!!!

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Jirotrom said:
yes there is... nearly everyone i played had i mic... I seem to be the one with out one.

Hmm maybe no one is talking, or maybe my mic just isn't picking the voice up :lol

By the way, I'm looking for some criticism on my control set up. I'm using the Wii Classic Controller and Glovepie and I'm pretty comfortable with my button settings, but if anyone has any better ideas please let me know.

In game:
ABXY - SNES style
R - HP
ZR - HK
L - Throw
ZL - Focus attack (I think that's what it's called?)
Right control stick right - LP+MP+HP
Right control stick left - LK+MK+HK
+ - Esc (Start)
- - Taunt

Extra stuff:
Home - GFW Guide
Home on Wiimote - Steam overlay
1+2 on Wiimote - Alt+Tab

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DryEyeRelief said:
Dear god, I'm falling in love with playing Bison again. :lol
I just had the opposite. I guess overtired plus a few wines wasn't the best time to continue my learning. ended up with a 10 loss losing streak and not a single round off anyone in G2 :/

If I get rushed with bison I don't know what to do and mashing takes over.

But I'm half pissed and sleepy. I know I'm better than that.

Sorry timedog for not accepting your invite, see above for reasons, plus our laggy connection = me throwing my joystick through the screen.

dralla

If you get rushed as Bison use your EX moves to escape, if you don't have any bar, teleport away to create space. Bison's awesome, his ultra just has too little range for my liking :[

So I got an A in benchmark testings with my settings on default nothing high or anything.. so I'm contemplating downloading..

Wonder if I should or not..

TurtleSnatcher said:
So I got an A in benchmark testings with my settings on default nothing high or anything.. so I'm contemplating downloading..

Wonder if I should or not..

Man this game runs like a dream. 60+fps with everything on high! AWESOME!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
LovingSteam said:
Man this game runs like a dream. 60+fps with everything on high! AWESOME!

I am definitely impressed by the performance of this game. I too am running it with maximum settings at 1920x1200 resolution and am getting 60fps. Sure there isn't a whole lot happening on screen, but it is still very impressive. The loading times are also basically non-existent. I just need to get some USB arcade sticks now.

TheExodu5

Banned
Well I had ordered 2 Sega Saturn USB controllers in anticipation for the game.

Guess what controller I'm sticking to? They mother friggin' keyboard. First off, the Saturn USB controller is a big fat piece of shit. Second off, the keyboard is waaaay better than I had anticipated. I have zero problem doing any of the moves. Quarter and half circles are a joke. Specials are a joke. Dragon punches were my only concern, but apparently you only need to tap forward-down-forward for those to work, so they're a joke as well.

Yay for keyboard.

edit: just trying some more in practice mode. I can't believe the keyboard is my controller of choice! I have never felt so unrestricted playing a fighting game before. Every action is absolutely effortless. It is an absolute joy to play.

Honestly, if I'm doing this well after 5 minutes of use, I have no doubt in my mind I will do better with a keyboard than I ever would have with an arcade stick. I would have thought it would be hard to do the smooth motions with a keyboard, but it's effortless. As long as the motions are fine, this is superior to an arcade stick to me, since it's much faster.

I'm using a keyboard with extremely responsive laptop style keys btw (though bigger).

logitech-illuminated-keyboard.jpg

The only downside I can see to the keyboard is that it punishes mashing...but that might be good for me.

ArjanN

TheExodu5 said:
Well I had ordered 2 Sega Saturn USB controllers in anticipation for the game.

Guess what controller I'm sticking to? They mother friggin' keyboard. First off, the Saturn USB controller is a big fat piece of shit. Second off, the keyboard is waaaay better than I had anticipated. I have zero problem doing any of the moves. Quarter and half circles are a joke. Specials are a joke. Dragon punches were my only concern, but apparently you only need to tap forward-down-forward for those to work, so they're a joke as well.

Yay for keyboard.

edit: just trying some more in practice mode. I can't believe the keyboard is my controller of choice! I have never felt so unrestricted playing a fighting game before. Every action is absolutely effortless. It is an absolute joy to play.

Honestly, if I'm doing this well after 5 minutes of use, I have no doubt in my mind I will do better with a keyboard than I ever would have with an arcade stick. I would have thought it would be hard to do the smooth motions with a keyboard, but it's effortless. As long as the motions are fine, this is superior to an arcade stick to me, since it's much faster.

I'm using a keyboard with extremely responsive laptop style keys btw (though bigger).

logitech-illuminated-keyboard.jpg

The only downside I can see to the keyboard is that it punishes mashing...but that might be good for me.

Agreed. Keyboard FTW!

(Except for full rotations, those kind of suck.)

TheExodu5

Banned
ArjanN said:
Agreed. Keyboard FTW!

(Except for full rotations, those kind of suck.)

Actually, yeah...anything involving the up arrow sucks. That's my only prob so far.

I'm using C. Viper so it shouldnt be a prob. :)

Grayman

very nice

I am using a stick I built(it's ugly!)

Running 4x AA crashes my drivers(nvidia 185, win7 x64) and shows a black screen! Never had that happen in any game, unless this is what win 7 does instead of bsod, that'd be great. Downloading newer ones, if that doesn't fix it C16xQ worked so I can try 8whatever or go back to 0.

TheExodu5

Banned
Grayman said:
very nice

I am using a stick I built(it's ugly!)

Running 4x AA crashes my drivers(nvidia 185, win7 x64) and shows a black screen! Never had that happen in any game, unless this is what win 7 does instead of bsod, that'd be great. Downloading newer ones, if that doesn't fix it C16xQ worked so I can try 8whatever or go back to 0.

I had that problem with the W7 Beta build 7000, but I was running the 185 drivers. Now I'm running RC with the latest drivers and 4x AA runs just fine. :)

My only issue so far is sometimes I experience a slight bit of abnormal slowdown...it'll pause for a split second here and there. Not a performance issue.

Anyways...I'm liking the keyboard a hell of a lot more than the pad. I could still use a joystick for faster movement (like I said, up sucks on a keyboard). I wonder if the TE's are available in Canada at all.

Top Bottom