• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MIMIC

Banned
Wow. Today just wasn't my day in championnship mode :lol Lost in the 1st round about a billion times, only made it to 1 final (and lost), had some people disconnect when losing and lost to the lamest of Sagats.

One notable thing was destroying someone in the 1st round only to have the favor returned in the 2nd and 3rd. Happened twice with a Bison and a Rufus I was playing (I was Guile). I basically came in like a hurricane. Even I was shocked at how well I was doing. Come round 2 and 3, it was like they handed the controller to someone who was infinitely better. I didn't know what hit me.

If I took this game too seriously, I might have killed myself already.

I'm almost certain that the answer to this question is going to be embarrassingly obvious, but does anyone with a DD copy know where the PDF or other manual file is stored/available? Thanks.

The online is even more atrocious than the PS3 version. Takes forever to search for games with good connections and when you finally find a 3-4 bar match, the game is already fucking full.

Lazy dipshits oh my god.

Grayman

Pop On Arrival said:
The online is even more atrocious than the PS3 version. Takes forever to search for games with good connections and when you finally find a 3-4 bar match, the game is already fucking full.

Lazy dipshits oh my god.
but if you use the arcade mode feature your dance card will be full

Grayman

TheExodu5 said:
I had that problem with the W7 Beta build 7000, but I was running the 185 drivers. Now I'm running RC with the latest drivers and 4x AA runs just fine. :)

My only issue so far is sometimes I experience a slight bit of abnormal slowdown...it'll pause for a split second here and there. Not a performance issue.

Anyways...I'm liking the keyboard a hell of a lot more than the pad. I could still use a joystick for faster movement (like I said, up sucks on a keyboard). I wonder if the TE's are available in Canada at all.
TEs have been showing up on a lot of american sites but usually the ones that probably won't ship here because they have canadian sites. You could get an arcade in a box for a price premium but they are probably still backed up from SF4.

dralla

TheExodu5 said:
Actually, yeah...anything involving the up arrow sucks. That's my only prob so far.

I'm using C. Viper so it shouldnt be a prob. :)

her super jump and super jump cancels are a key part of her game, they require up motions.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so curious how people search for games.

I put mine in arcade mode with challenges accepted and it takes around 10 seconds to get a game in G2 at anytime of day.

I don't want to make it to G1 (switching to bison has taken care of that for now...) because the games are so regular.

Does anyone USE the search for games feature? I've had it quite a few times where arcade fight request puts me on the right side as well... does that mean it's matching me with other fight request people?

I would also love to know if capcom plans to add more features to online. This game is a LOOOONG way from dead and having tournaments you can actually join with friend would make this go a lot further.

Fight req. all the way. Set the game to easy, 7 rounds, infinite time, and wait for someone to join. It's usually fast, though yesterday I wanted to get in some warmup games before my tourney match and no one was joining. I was very annoyed.

I've never been player 2 when using fight req. Odd.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Rummy Bunnz said:
Fight req. all the way. Set the game to easy, 7 rounds, infinite time, and wait for someone to join. It's usually fast, though yesterday I wanted to get in some warmup games before my tourney match and no one was joining. I was very annoyed.

I've never been player 2 when using fight req. Odd.

i set it to 1 round. I'm superstitious and I'm 90% sure that more people join during the match up screen. ALWAYs see the 'here comes a new challenger' on that screen.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Just got a few fights in. Refreshing, as it has been a while. Still saw a fair amount of Kens, but a couple of Sakuras popped up! Damn people trying to step in my territory. :(

Fuck, I picked Abel for my Championship fight. Gonna lose. :(

Grayman

catfish said:
i set it to 1 round. I'm superstitious and I'm 90% sure that more people join during the match up screen. ALWAYs see the 'here comes a new challenger' on that screen.
you do get joiners midmatch, at least at the highly populated unskilled level. I have never finished a round with arcade request on

I usually use the custom search all options set to ANY. Then I'll wait until I see a good connection on the list or a familiar gamertag. If I use the fight req. I'll get too many shitty connections and I'll just have to keep kicking them out of my lobby.

Shadow780 said:
How's PC's online matches?

a lot of ppl playing?

I run into the same people a lot. I've yet to run into rage quitters, though. It's still a chore to get into a match, though. They didn't touch the netcode at all.

Shadow780

Pop On Arrival said:
I run into the same people a lot. I've yet to run into rage quitters, though. It's still a chore to get into a match, though. They didn't touch the netcode at all.

Cool, I'll get it when they drop the price.

GriffD17

In case anyone was wondering. Play between PC and 360 is not supported. :lol I could see Turtle playing SFIV, and it had a monitor desktop next to the name of the game. He sends me an invite and it tells me to put in the disc. :lol

aktham

I can never play against my friends on the PSN, we always get a network error :( We play on 2df with very little lag, what gives? Anyway my SFIV PC is coming from Amazon, hopefully the online is a little better than on the PSN. Any challengers welcome on either format :D

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I got my ticket to Super Battle Opera today! Gonna watch SF4/VF5R on the first day, maaaaybe 3rd Strike on the second day, and for sure Blazblue on the third day to cheer on my homie who qualified. It's gonna be TIGHT!

I dont think I can put into words the awesomeness of playing SF4 from my desk in my room on my fucking computer.

Now I have SF4 in two rooms. How awesome.

This is the first "Games for Windows" game I have ever purchased and I must say.. Microsoft did a great job integrating the little dashboard in the game. I found it cool how I linked it to my XBL profile and now I'm getting all the achievements I already got all over again for SF4 for PC on my gamer profile. Awesome!

The one quirky thing is that people on my friends list are trying to invite me to games or asking me to invite them.. yet I'm on PC and they can't seem to tell the difference :lol

As for the game.. Its crashed on me twice.. thats it. I've only had 2 funky artificats in the 3d models.. And thats about it. I have over 50 wins now.. I've only lost like 4 times. People on the PC version aren't very good or I am amazing ;P I play the same people a lot but I think its due to me playing at 3am and just not many games. I realized that it has to be a green or maybe a yellow connection or else its too laggy. Anything below is god awful. At least on XBL I can play against 3 bar oranges without much issue but on PC it really makes a difference.

I'm already past 1k BP in Ranked.. I did a little championship but not many people playing and I didnt lose a match there. I actually got some rage messages from a few saying "Your El Fuerte is so fucking annoying" :p

I will be enjoying this. I hope Capcom addresses the hackers on the scoreboard.. but seeing how they did jack for win trades in XBL and PSN.. I somehow doubt it. So I just play to play games now.

Time to get to G1 on PC like I did on XBL! :p

BTW - Ive been playing some Sakura lately. She is a beast and hella fun. I love dashing below people and then starting my combo string all over.. Its hella tight. Im loving her.

I lost my first online match on the PC version thanks to the game running in fucking slowmotion. What the fuck was that shit? The game was literally running at 10fps! I just stood there and watched some chump light punch me to death because I was too flabbergasted to do anything.

Cheats or?

Grayman

TurtleSnatcher said:
I dont think I can put into words the awesomeness of playing SF4 from my desk in my room on my fucking computer.

Now I have SF4 in two rooms. How awesome.

This is the first "Games for Windows" game I have ever purchased and I must say.. Microsoft did a great job integrating the little dashboard in the game. I found it cool how I linked it to my XBL profile and now I'm getting all the achievements I already got all over again for SF4 for PC on my gamer profile. Awesome!

The one quirky thing is that people on my friends list are trying to invite me to games or asking me to invite them.. yet I'm on PC and they can't seem to tell the difference :lol

As for the game.. Its crashed on me twice.. thats it. I've only had 2 funky artificats in the 3d models.. And thats about it. I have over 50 wins now.. I've only lost like 4 times. People on the PC version aren't very good or I am amazing ;P I play the same people a lot but I think its due to me playing at 3am and just not many games. I realized that it has to be a green or maybe a yellow connection or else its too laggy. Anything below is god awful. At least on XBL I can play against 3 bar oranges without much issue but on PC it really makes a difference.

I'm already past 1k BP in Ranked.. I did a little championship but not many people playing and I didnt lose a match there. I actually got some rage messages from a few saying "Your El Fuerte is so fucking annoying" :p

I will be enjoying this. I hope Capcom addresses the hackers on the scoreboard.. but seeing how they did jack for win trades in XBL and PSN.. I somehow doubt it. So I just play to play games now.

Time to get to G1 on PC like I did on XBL! :p

BTW - Ive been playing some Sakura lately. She is a beast and hella fun. I love dashing below people and then starting my combo string all over.. Its hella tight. Im loving her.
The first time I played against Sakura my mind was just blown by the things I had done to me. I am going to look at some el fuerte vids because he looks fun to play as.

ArjanN

Pop On Arrival said:
I lost my first online match on the PC version thanks to the game running in fucking slowmotion. What the fuck was that shit? The game was literally running at 10fps! I just stood there and watched some chump light punch me to death because I was too flabbergasted to do anything.

Cheats or?

The other player has a a shitty pc and didn't turn the fixed framerate option on.

Then you're playing in slow-motion.

TurtleSnatcher said:
I have over 50 wins now.. I've only lost like 4 times. People on the PC version aren't very good or I am amazing ;P

It's because you've played the console version already, while lots of people on PC will still be completely new to the game.

Yeah, everyone on the PC version is still pretty terrible. I'm at 70-4 right now, and one was from playing that slowmotion dude, and the other 3 was me letting a friend win some player matches.

Mmhm, Anything below 4 bars, I use Sagat. Chun li is almost impossible to use with input delay.

ggp759

Banned
Something weird and frustrating happened today. I was playing SF4 PC with the same profile i use on my 360. Today when i signed in from the 360 the game reset itself. all the unlockable characters are locked and the stats in the player data menu have been reset as well. The only thing thats left is the ranked match points and the championship mode grade plus the points are intact. Anyone having this problem? Does it have something to do with the PC version? Please help!!! Thanks

rocK`

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Well I had ordered 2 Sega Saturn USB controllers in anticipation for the game.

Guess what controller I'm sticking to? They mother friggin' keyboard. First off, the Saturn USB controller is a big fat piece of shit. Second off, the keyboard is waaaay better than I had anticipated. I have zero problem doing any of the moves. Quarter and half circles are a joke. Specials are a joke. Dragon punches were my only concern, but apparently you only need to tap forward-down-forward for those to work, so they're a joke as well.

Yay for keyboard.

edit: just trying some more in practice mode. I can't believe the keyboard is my controller of choice! I have never felt so unrestricted playing a fighting game before. Every action is absolutely effortless. It is an absolute joy to play.

Honestly, if I'm doing this well after 5 minutes of use, I have no doubt in my mind I will do better with a keyboard than I ever would have with an arcade stick. I would have thought it would be hard to do the smooth motions with a keyboard, but it's effortless. As long as the motions are fine, this is superior to an arcade stick to me, since it's much faster.

I'm using a keyboard with extremely responsive laptop style keys btw (though bigger).

logitech-illuminated-keyboard.jpg

The only downside I can see to the keyboard is that it punishes mashing...but that might be good for me.

this post made the fighting game enthusiast in me throw up a bit.

get a damn stick, boy!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
ggp759 said:
Something weird and frustrating happened today. I was playing SF4 PC with the same profile i use on my 360. Today when i signed in from the 360 the game reset itself. all the unlockable characters are locked and the stats in the player data menu have been reset as well. The only thing thats left is the ranked match points and the championship mode grade plus the points are intact. Anyone having this problem? Does it have something to do with the PC version? Please help!!! Thanks

Sounds like your save got corrupted.

Totakeke

Zapages said:
Told you guys playing SF IV on the keyboard will rock! :)

I just wish my laptop is alright so I can install it. :)

It doesn't rock, my hand hurts like hell.

The GFW interface is indeed nice, but the shoddy frame rates you get sometimes for your online matches is certainly not, their computer performance affecting yours suck.

Also I hardly see anyone playing championship at the moment.

GrayFoxPL

How the fuck did I get 2% disconnect stat?

I never rage quit, even if my head was on fire.

Sometimes the connection to opponent breaks but I thought it's a desync issue for both players and doesn't count.

Shadow780

GrayFoxPL said:
How the fuck did I get 2% disconnect stat?

I never rage quit, even if my head was on fire.

Sometimes the connection to opponent breaks but I thought it's a desync issue for both players and doesn't count.

It does, I'm at 7% currently.

I wish we had tournaments over here every weekend like they do in some parts of America and in Japan. Over here, we probably look forward to 3-4 tournaments a year.

The Tekken community here is huge, though. Like everywhere you go you will see a Tekken cab over here and the player pool is pretty decent, I think. but those doofs let two koreans take our countries SBO slot in Tekken. lololol, fucking losers.

Pop On Arrival said:
I wish we had tournaments over here every weekend like they do in some parts of America and in Japan. Over here, we probably look forward to 3-4 tournaments a year.
Sure, the larger tourneys are once every few months, but don't miss out on any chance to improve your game! At least where I live, there is usually something going down locally every other week in my area, whether it's at a local game store, LAN center, Anime convention, or whatever.

Look out for local/area/regional tourneys. Though it's a bit US specific, check the regional boards and tourney/events board at SRK too.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Pop On Arrival said:

The Tekken community here is huge, though. Like everywhere you go you will see a Tekken cab over here and the player pool is pretty decent, I think. but those doofs let two koreans take our countries SBO slot in Tekken. lololol, fucking losers.

Where are you?

Just found this on SRK http://www.fighting-games.eu/

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Man, I am getting flat out owned online. :lol

At least a lot of the better players in player matches seem willing to play a few rounds instead of immediately dropping when they realize how easy it is to beat me. It's good practice :D

Totakeke

I played around 200 online matches now, and I have to say I hate how SF4 masks lag as input delay, which is extremely annoying when playing a character without projectiles like Abel.

So I see a five bar guy, and then when we start playing, his Ryu keeps spamming hadouken on me while I try to move forward which I "try" to block, but failing every other time even when he's a full screen away. There's no way I can even approach him like this, so I lose and I come out of the game and see him with 3 bars, freaking yay. ;/

I swear there must be a lot more instances where I fail to block an incoming projectile that I don't even realize it's not my fault.

TheExodu5

Banned
rocK` said:
this post made the fighting game enthusiast in me throw up a bit.

get a damn stick, boy!

If you can magically make fighting sticks available in Canada, then I'll go for it.

Oh yeah, and SF IV's netcode is shit compared to BlazBlue.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Wow, i really suck at this game...:lol

Im trying to play through the Arcade mode on medium difficulty and cant even get past the 3rd fight....last night it was C Viper (or whatever that skanks name was...:lol )

When im away from her she does that 'earthquake' type move and it hits me. If i get close to her she blocks everything and just counters like crazy, and then just about every round she ends with that Ultra finish thing. For real....so frustrating......I really want to keep playing this, but getting smoked over and over and over just takes the fun away.

: (

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Wow, i really suck at this game...:lol

Im trying to play through the Arcade mode on medium difficulty and cant even get past the 3rd fight....last night it was C Viper (or whatever that skanks name was...:lol )

When im away from her she does that 'earthquake' type move and it hits me. If i get close to her she blocks everything and just counters like crazy, and then just about every round she ends with that Ultra finish thing. For real....so frustrating......I really want to keep playing this, but getting smoked over and over and over just takes the fun away.

: (
If you want to beat the AI on any difficulty, but pick Zangief and spam Lariat.

But come on, the fun of this game isn't beating the CPU. Play against humans!

TheExodu5 said:
Oh yeah, and SF IV's netcode is shit compared to BlazBlue.

Jesus Christ YES

I've been getting unable to play errors for the past 30 minutes on the PC version! I never got this shit on the crapshoot that is PSN. I'm also pretty sure that I can't create rooms.

This PC version is the biggest waste of money I've spent this year. Fuck this shit.

Grifter

Totakeke said:
I played around 200 online matches now, and I have to say I hate how SF4 masks lag as input delay, which is extremely annoying when playing a character without projectiles like Abel.

So I see a five bar guy, and then when we start playing, his Ryu keeps spamming hadouken on me while I try to move forward which I "try" to block, but failing every other time even when he's a full screen away. There's no way I can even approach him like this, so I lose and I come out of the game and see him with 3 bars, freaking yay. ;/

I swear there must be a lot more instances where I fail to block an incoming projectile that I don't even realize it's not my fault.

You can't take the online mode seriously, unless that's all you get to play. There's a noticeable (and variable) difference and if you play a reactionary style (and Abel has to weave around with precision), you're at a disadvantage.

It's funny reading over this thread. Some people are complaining about lag tactics when their games are based heavily on lag shenanigans.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
_dementia said:
If you want to beat the AI on any difficulty, but pick Zangief and spam Lariat.

But come on, the fun of this game isn't beating the CPU. Play against humans!

True, true....but there are trophies tied to beating the arcade mode with 1 character, and with all characters, so that is my motivation..:D

I'll keep the Zangief idea in mind when i try to beat the game with no continues.....:lol

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
True, true....but there are trophies tied to beating the arcade mode with 1 character, and with all characters, so that is my motivation..:D

I'll keep the Zangief idea in mind when i try to beat the game with no continues.....:lol
Yeah, keep him in mind for Survival and Time attack too for the costume/taunt unlocks.

Hilarious how the AI just doesn't know how to deal with it.

Top Bottom