• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Askia47 said:
They should balance the console characters properly as well as add in a bunch of new ones to the game. I want cammy to be alot better!
there are a few AWESOME cammy's going to represent EVO. we'll see how they do.

Ryu only weakness is his delay on his Ultra. A lot of people hate it, but I think it perfect. I just wish the Ultra were more rewarding, to you then a punishment for you whipping somebody ass.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Cromulent_Word said:
there are a few AWESOME cammy's going to represent EVO. we'll see how they do.

Really there is one thing that could improve Cammy (I honestly think she's absoloutely fine as is bar the following improvement, by far the best console character);

Give her an overhead.

Job is done.

Now, let's talk about Sakura...

Askia47 said:
More ways to combo her ultra

...in that regard she's already leagues ahead of most of the console cast... c'mon, be reasonable here :lol

I got my ass kicked by this really awesome G1 C Cammy last night. She totally had me frame trapped in the corner with mixups and instant air canon spikes. I was totally outplayed and didn't know what to really. She's deadly in the right hands.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Rice-Eater said:
Gouken: Give the man a regular Shoryuken, he's a freaking shoto for crying out loud. If necessary, take away his parry to include the SRK.
Do you even play as Gouken? I would hate it if he became just another shoto. If his counter got traded for a SRK I would abandon the game outright!

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Nah, the Super/Ultra shoryukens are enough, the fix he needs is his Tatsu hurricane kick, start-up takes 2 days, recovery takes 10 days. It can be HIS shoryuken if it was faster. if you give him SRK he'll play Too much like Akuma.
His tatsu kick might be slow in every regard, but it's a real good combo finisher and can be used in pretty clever ways in the air. He has plenty of options that don't involve just spamming SRK like so many out there, including decent anti-air normals.

I reckon he's a real thinking-man's fighter. You can put the pressure on when you need/have to, but in general you can plod along without being too defensive, giving an answer to anything your opponent has to offer. Granted, you have to keep your own mistakes to a minimum, but part of the Gouken fun is making your opponent do silly things and then punishing them hard.

webrunner

GrayFoxPL said:
I wonder one thing.

Maybe the reason why capcom is not eager to rebalance the game is that they're afraid it may lose popularity?

Let's take SS2THDRemix. The tweaked game didn't really help to rise the "legend" higher, many people just turned their backs on it and don't care anymore. This may had been due to fugly new graphics but I digress.

The problem I see with SS2THDRemix is that
1) There's been so many, that the 'average' player, even the average tournament player, consider SF2 to be 'old hat' Only the hardest of the hardcores made it's individual features to be the end-all-be-all of street fighter (like Sirlin, who although has amazing insight is very rigid in his qualitative opinions on what's good and what matters)

2) SF4 pretty much covers the "new SF2" niche, given it's place in the timeline and returning characters (keep in mind, that the entirety of the arcade lineup for sf4 was new characters and sf2 characters. The alpha/super dudes got added after), it's more exciting, and was 'coming' about the same time.

As for Gouken, wouldn't it make sense if he was "just another Shoto"? Or rather, "THE Shoto", since he's the one who taught all the other Shotos (except the second-hand ones and Akuma) their moves. How did Ryu and Ken learn the non-super shouryuken if their teacher can't do it? Really, he should be a step 'above' Ryu and Ken the same way they're a step above, say, Sakura and Sean.

Incidentally anyone find it funny that Chun Li doesn't have her Kikosho, even though she does it in her opening video?

Askia47

McBradders said:
Really there is one thing that could improve Cammy (I honestly think she's absoloutely fine as is bar the following improvement, by far the best console character);

Give her an overhead.

Job is done.

...in that regard she's already leagues ahead of most of the console cast... c'mon, be reasonable here :lol

True, but I feel she should have even more options. alot of times I end up doing Cammy’s Ultra and they never connect, even if I attempt to combo it. I still need alot of practice. :lol

Finished all of Akuma's trials. Now I just have to not suck with him. Anyone that wants to play against a mediocre Akuma that doesn't know how to run away, feel free to add me on PSN: Prodystopian.

SpectreRT

McBradders said:

Give her an overhead.

Job is done.

I main Cammy, and she honestly needs 2 changes.

Spin Knuckle is worthless. Its too slow, and the hit animation is even slower. Speed this move up, or give an option out of it.

Yes, she needs an overhead. That or allow Hooligan to throw crouching opponents.

If she had these two changes implemented, she would be a much better character.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
GrayFoxPL said:
Hmm...

Ono did say that he would like to do SFIV Dash/Turbo. Maybe it's too soon to announce anything.
:mad:

They effin' better.

* Speed selection
* Maybe a couple hidden throwback characters
* Refine the character models
* Fix the clipping (limbs and shit going through solid objects) **wishful thinking**
* Stage color swaps
* Better music

DaCocoBrova

They really dropped the ball w/ the music in SFIV. The music in the SFII has yet to be topped.

gibration

First day posting on NeoGAF but if anyone here wants to play, add me.
I main a decent Seth and Bison but I've been working to make Ryu my new main.
GT: gibration x
PSN: gibration

BitchTits

webrunner said:
As for Gouken, wouldn't it make sense if he was "just another Shoto"? Or rather, "THE Shoto", since he's the one who taught all the other Shotos (except the second-hand ones and Akuma) their moves. How did Ryu and Ken learn the non-super shouryuken if their teacher can't do it? Really, he should be a step 'above' Ryu and Ken the same way they're a step above, say, Sakura and Sean.
I always thought he knows it but considers it too powerful or something, his Ultra is called 'Forbidden Shoryuken' or something like that right?

I like Gouken as he is, making him another shoto would make his inclusion pointless, BUT I like the idea of him being the ULTIMATE shoto, since he's the master and all. I guess that's what Gouki is though.

mr_boo

gibration said:
First day posting on NeoGAF but if anyone here wants to play, add me.
I main a decent Seth and Bison but I've been working to make Ryu my new main.
GT: gibration x
PSN: gibration
Heh...a steady diet of Ryu, Seth and Bison - no thanks ;) But I joke...to each his own :p

chewydogg

McBradders said:

Give her an overhead.

Job is done.

Sakura became my favorite while playing SFA3, so she was the first (and pretty much only) character that I've "learned" to use in SF4. I lose a lot. Not that I wouldn't lose a lot using someone else, maybe just not as much.

So I talked with someone else who has SFIV PC and they said that invites don't work for them either, roughly 8 out of 10 times. I've never had it work myself.

What the fuck CAPCOM?

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
What's crackin' FADC'ers. Another first day newb poster here. I've been reading this peticular thread for quite some time now and just got accepted today so I figured I'd post here first.

I'd seriously love it if someone would post some great Blanka vid's (I've been looking all over the thread and can't seem to find if anyone has or not) . I main him and am trying to get all the tips I can. I'm also trying to work on my Fuerte.

I only play 360 version and my tag is Ch3apchampagn3 if you want to add me.

I'm not hardcore by any means but I def wanna work on my game and would appreciate any help! :D

comrade

prodystopian said:
Finished all of Akuma's trials. Now I just have to not suck with him. Anyone that wants to play against a mediocre Akuma that doesn't know how to run away, feel free to add me on PSN: Prodystopian.
I'll add you but you'll probably beast on me if you finished all his trials. I couldn't even finish the normal trials I don't think. PSN: despize

No one goes in the 'GAF SF4' chat on PSN anymore. Is there a new one?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
DaCocoBrova said:
They really dropped the ball w/ the music in SFIV. The music in the SFII has yet to be topped.

The music is fine, but nowhere near as memorable as some of the other SFs. It would have helped if they just made the music from the rival character fights available in two player!

K.Sabot

Lyte Edge said:
The music is fine, but nowhere near as memorable as some of the other SFs. It would have helped if they just made the music from the rival character fights available in two player!

Agreed. As of now, that music is just a waste on my hard drive as it is only played during one fight in a mode no one longer plays. Use your shit, Capcom!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
DaCocoBrova said:

The Alpha 2 music was better by a bit.

My all time favorite soundtracks for a fighter are probablly BAT, Sam Sho 3, and real bout 1. Too bad only the last one was worthy of being played.

DR2K

Banned
McBradders said:
Define "alot better".

Safe lk drill, a backfist that's faster than tumbleweed, hooligan catches crouching characters, dive kick from all jump angles, etc. . . she has all this in past games too, and it was never an issue, in fact outside of CVS2 she was usually bottom tier, lol.

toneroni

Lyte Edge said:
yep...its bad but not as bad as MvC2.
I just love the old school memorable tunes and loved the ones from MvC1 etc...

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
DR2K said:
Safe lk drill, a backfist that's faster than tumbleweed, hooligan catches crouching characters, dive kick from all jump angles, etc. . . she has all this in past games too, and it was never an issue, in fact outside of CVS2 she was usually bottom tier, lol.

For Cammy, I'd give her Sirlin's HDR motions
HDR backfist, EX backfist for combos/nice damage.
Nerf her thrust kick a bit- most Cammies spam that like mad for a reason
hooligan grabs crouchers, hooligan 1 button grab.
dive kick is overhead, but knocks down unless it's EX.
give her the A3 counter move as a gimmick. EX counter can be followed up by ultra as a juggle.

webrunner

arstal said:
For Cammy, I'd give her Sirlin's HDR motions
HDR backfist, EX backfist for combos/nice damage.
Nerf her thrust kick a bit- most Cammies spam that like mad for a reason
hooligan grabs crouchers, hooligan 1 button grab.
dive kick is overhead, but knocks down unless it's EX.
give her the A3 counter move as a gimmick. EX counter can be followed up by ultra as a juggle.

One thing I've noticed is that the more difficult motions (ie, ones that involve pressing up without jumping) seem to be a hell of a lot easier to do in SF4 then they were in previous SFs. I've never been able to do a standing 360, and hooligan was never easy to come out with reliably, but I was able to do them first try in SF4.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Yea Ryu is perfect, he has no glaring weaknesses but he's fair

and Oh NO fake Fireball please

Im fine with Tiger shot, THE Sagat problem to me is the Knee; heavy damage, it breaks armor, virtually unpublishable on block, quick start-up/recovery AND can juggle to a super/ultra(an ultra that almost always deals full damage).

I dont care about Ken:D

Nah, the Super/Ultra shoryukens are enough, the fix he needs is his Tatsu hurricane kick, start-up takes 2 days, recovery takes 10 days. It can be HIS shoryuken if it was faster. if you give him SRK he'll play Too much like Akuma.

Leading Sagat problem is the fact that his standing roundhouse is the easiest way to confirm the ultra..it shouldnt be a KD..id settle for a nerf on just that..ken's ultra should be tweaked to have a use of some sort..as far as ryu goes..it would be nice if they gave him the HCF kick from 3s

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Gr1mLock said:
Leading Sagat problem is the fact that his standing roundhouse is the easiest way to confirm the ultra..it shouldnt be a KD..id settle for a nerf on just that..ken's ultra should be tweaked to have a use of some sort..as far as ryu goes..it would be nice if they gave him the HCF kick from 3s

DOWN WIT AFRICAN AMERICAn BOXERZ!!!!QuIT JABBIN ME!!!!

DaCocoBrova

I found the console version to be way too easy in single player, even at the hardest difficulty setting. The PC version on the other hand seems a lot better in that regard (better AI). I don't know about the arcade's SP AI since arcades no longer exist around these parts.

Is that the case, or is it just my imagination?

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
FindMyFarms said:
Hey CheapChampaigne,

This is Roger (Demenion), a Blanka player outta Dallas

Blanka vs. Dictator

If you look around that channel you can find more from him

Thanks farms. That guy is sick! strange though that he never uses lightning for AA. maybe thats my downfall haha =/. need to do more vert balls.

b.e.r.g

I'm sorry to pester you all with my problems, but I can't get this damn Windows Live to cooperate! I have no idea why, but the game want me to sign into some Microsoft service in order to play it. I go through the registration steps, but nothing happened. My account doesn't work! Am I do something wrong, or is it usually this slow (been like 15 mins)?

This is on PC...

CPS2

Relix said:
We all want things! I just want Chun's Ultra to be useful at least godammit :lol

I reckon Chun's got one of the safest, easiest, least meter using ways to combo her ultra. This is one of the reasons I prefer using her to other characters, you land it all the time of cr.LK>EX legs. Everyone else has to do something with disadvantage on block, or throw away half their super meter, or jump or FA. She gets either adv on block or an ultra if it hits! From a move with 3 frames of startup! It's like Balrog's but doesn't even require any link combos. If you improved Chun's ultra in any way, it'd be too good.

qcf x2

Hmmm, here's my Capcom-won't-read-this request list:

1. Balance the game. <----Priority!
2. Make many more & much better stages.
3. Make much better music.
4. Universal Super/Ultra motions. Get rid of the charges.
5. Show the stun meter or remove stuns.
6. Fix the odd stuff, like me hearing two jabs when someone throws me. Either the jabs didn't come out or the throw didn't come out. Pick one. Would be nice if they made Balrog's hit boxes make sense too, but I'll lump that with #1.
7. Add some type of new mechanic. The mechanics of the game as it is are already firmly understood. It'd be nice to have something new to learn.
8. Make a character with a defensive/counter ultra (I mean like Remy in 3s)to punish the jab spam balrogs and knee spam sagats and srk spam ryu's of the world.
9. Make ultras in general do less damage. They're generally the reward for getting your ass beat. It should be a small reward, not a huge one.
10. Add that black dude from the art gallery. Would be nice having a black character (male) in a Capcom fighter who isn't a boxer. Plus we need some type of diversity here. We've all seen these same characters for 12 years.

Anyway, about Ken, I've landed his full ultra after a srk FADC. I wish I remember who it was against since we both were kind of shocked that it connected entirely.

Arde5643

qcf x2 said:
Hmmm, here's my Capcom-won't-read-this request list:

1. Balance the game. <----Priority!
2. Make many more & much better stages.
3. Make much better music.
4. Universal Super/Ultra motions. Get rid of the charges.
5. Show the stun meter or remove stuns.
6. Fix the odd stuff, like me hearing two jabs when someone throws me. Either the jabs didn't come out or the throw didn't come out. Pick one. Would be nice if they made Balrog's hit boxes make sense too, but I'll lump that with #1.
7. Add some type of new mechanic. The mechanics of the game as it is are already firmly understood. It'd be nice to have something new to learn.
8. Make a character with a defensive/counter ultra (I mean like Remy in 3s)to punish the jab spam balrogs and knee spam sagats and srk spam ryu's of the world.
9. Make ultras in general do less damage. They're generally the reward for getting your ass beat. It should be a small reward, not a huge one.
10. Add that black dude from the art gallery. Would be nice having a black character (male) in a Capcom fighter who isn't a boxer. Plus we need some type of diversity here. We've all seen these same characters for 12 years.

Anyway, about Ken, I've landed his full ultra after a srk FADC. I wish I remember who it was against since we both were kind of shocked that it connected entirely.
Probably counter SRK.

qcf x2 said:

There is only one way to do it. The SRK must be a reversal, and then when you FADC and Ultra, the Ultra will land for full damage. Just go to the training room and turn reversal on and you can do it all day if you like. I bet if Ken could do full Ultra off FADC SRK's, he would definitely be considered a B tier and possibly even a A tier.

Gafchat only has 1 regular, named Tumbleweed. It's always dead.

We tried ressurecting it many a time, but the lack of lobbies really killed it.

comrade

Killa Sasa said:
Gafchat only has 1 regular, named Tumbleweed. It's always dead.

We tried ressurecting it many a time, but the lack of lobbies really killed it.
ah sucks. 'GAF SF4' is always dead too. This game really needs lobbies.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
UC1 said:
I reckon Chun's got one of the safest, easiest, least meter using ways to combo her ultra. This is one of the reasons I prefer using her to other characters, you land it all the time of cr.LK>EX legs. Everyone else has to do something with disadvantage on block, or throw away half their super meter, or jump or FA. She gets either adv on block or an ultra if it hits! From a move with 3 frames of startup! It's like Balrog's but doesn't even require any link combos. If you improved Chun's ultra in any way, it'd be too good.

Not necessarily. The Ultra damage is cut to about half, and some characters juggle and don't receive the whole ultra. Akuma or Guile for example will not take the full brunt, just a few kicks, and they can later answer with their own Ultra. Also, I prefer the 2 cr.LK>EX Legs... makes me feel better haha.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Today's been a great day for winning G1 championships :lol

Got a new 650K replay, and right now defeated one of the Top 5 guys in the Top GP leaderboards. Felt nice... also was against a Chun. Sadly, laggy as hell. Awaiting a final sitting on 315K CP. Feels great =P

Top Bottom