• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Cynar said:
I haven't been watching any official news from capcom but is there anything about a title update that supports lobbies yet or we still going to probably have to shell out cash for the next iteration? :lol

The game can get laggy as hell, imagine with lobbies? Don;t think they can pull this one off with their current netcode!

Stantron

bob_arctor said:
relix & timedog: just sent you guys friends invites. My gt's illegalwiretap. Will be on pretty much all night.
oh snap, I remember playing you in Championship earlier tonight. Forgot who won. :D

Jirotrom

Aedile said:
Can we call it a fighting game renaissance in the West, or do we have to wait to see the kind of staying power Blazblue (and KoFXII) have?

I'm a recent convert--in my mid-twenties now, never played them when I was younger--and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we're seeing more than a "huh, I remember Street Fighter" moment. Maybe we'll never see fighting games get the same sort of hype the FPS, RTS or RPGs do, but it would be nice to see them emerge from their niche now that I'm interested in them. :D
to be honest I think we can to some degree, I've seen alot of people start to get into fighters because of this game, SFIV is an obviously big part of this.

Just saying, but we would have gone over 40k this weekend if we kept the Evo SF4 talk in this thread. Would have a nice boost in a short time for the glorious GAF SF4 thread.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I need a better configuration for my stick.

I have the three punches to the upper buttons, and the three kicks for the bottom buttons. Not sure if that's working right... I sometimes focus attack randomly, do the wrong kick or punches, etc. Also, doing a hassan shou is hard as hell right now. Not much I can ask for. After 2000+ mathes with a pad now I need to get used to a whole new method pf playing :lol

Jirotrom

Relix said:
I need a better configuration for my stick.

I have the three punches to the upper buttons, and the three kicks for the bottom buttons. Not sure if that's working right... I sometimes focus attack randomly, do the wrong kick or punches, etc. Also, doing a hassan shou is hard as hell right now. Not much I can ask for. After 2000+ mathes with a pad now I need to get used to a whole new method pf playing :lol
thats how its supposed to be...

YakiSOBA

Hey guys, just got home from a kickass camping trip but I was addictively streaming evo2k before I left on Saturday!

Did I miss anything? Can anyone give me a quick sweet update on the tidbits, and also... what time is the SF4 finals being streamed at in EST?

For the love of god, hook me up with answers!! :)

So... my 360 deleted my sf4 save.. I want to cry.. Is the steam pc verison worth switching too or is the 360 better? I mainly just play CE mode with strangers...

enzo_gt said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BshtVm0NzoQ

Seth Killian talks near the end about how we're probably not going to see Dee Jay or T. Hawk anytime soon. Does that mean we're still getting them down the road? I really need to get back into this game.

What is the Megaman secret?? WTF.

As for T.Hawk/Dee Jay. It sounds like they were left on the table due to time. The way he talks, there are models, they don't know the "plans" for these characters. I don't give two shits about them, they are horrible character designs IMO, but they will probably be in the next revision along with hopefully some newcomers and some better looking stages/tunes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Some guy thinks hes hot shit because he beat me a couple of times while im trying to learn a stick. A flowchart ken to boot, Im asking him to play me again, this time Im using a pad and he says no because he beat me too much already. :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
FindMyFarms said:
Not sure what that PP business is all about. But you do ex seismo, and while she's completing the animation, do a super jump (down then up forward) and the second you leave the ground do a roundhouse BK. When you input the super jump, the timing doesn't have to be exact, you can do it a little bit early and just hold the up foward.

I'm having a hard time getting it to land. You can do this from any distance? I mean, what's the timing for it? Do I have to be superfast? And only the HK version of the BK?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Kadey said:
Some guy thinks hes hot shit because he beat me a couple of times while im trying to learn a stick. A flowchart ken to boot, Im asking him to play me again, this time Im using a pad and he says no because he beat me too much already. :lol

This was happening to me. I manned up, and proceeded to beat the living hell out of him with the stick :lol

Learning BB and SF4 at the same time is confusing me !!!

Relix said:
I know but its still giving me problems :lol
I got used to the stick after a 100 matches in the arcades. Well, Im not yet 100% used to it but Im pulling off some moves that I couldnt do with the pad. For example Boxers dash to ultra.

Stantron

Dartastic said:
Dude, I already knew it was over. I was panicking. :lol Plus on top of that, I never play against Honda. You should give me some more practice! :D
Sure thing. Send me a player match request next time you see me online.

Dartastic

Stantron said:
Sure thing. Send me a player match request next time you see me online.

Awesome. Also, the last three matches have been against Cammy. I wonder if a certain someone during the tournament playing Cammy had an effect on some people?

DR2K

Banned
Relix said:
This was happening to me. I manned up, and proceeded to beat the living hell out of him with the stick :lol

Learning BB and SF4 at the same time is confusing me !!!

It's actually upped my SFIV game, playing BB that is. I'm much better at links than I was before BB.

Aedile

Brashnir said:
I suck so hard at this game. :(

Play against players stronger than yourself who are willing and able to point out areas in which you can improve. It's so much easier to have a knowledgeable person notice that you have a problem with x and that you can beat it with y than to puzzle it out over dozens of random matches, while often arriving at a less than optimal means of dealing with it.

If it's a problem of execution rather than knowledge, I feel your pain. I've brutalized this poor arcade stick for hundreds of hours and I still can't get my hands to do what my brain thinks it's telling them to. Although I guess even that's a matter of knowledge to a certain degree; it would probably help if I studied the more esoteric input shortcuts, command buffering beyond hey-I-can-start-inputting-a-ground-move-while-I'm-in-the-air and the dreaded frame data charts.

Leunam

I'm sick of playing my roommate who constantly tries to make excuses for his losses, like spotty collision detecting, and his latest, a bad port of an arcade game.

My PSN ID is leunam23, same as my GFWL tag. I play a decent Abel so if anyone wants any matches, feel free to add me.

comrade

Leunam said:
I'm sick of playing my roommate who constantly tries to make excuses for his losses, like spotty collision detecting, and his latest, a bad port of an arcade game.

My PSN ID is leunam23, same as my GFWL tag. I play a decent Abel so if anyone wants any matches, feel free to add me.
Your roommate sounds hilarious.:lol
Kadey said:
Are you on PSN or XBL? If on PSN does your ID start with QUEENY_?

Edit: I guess it's not, just checked your profile. Was asking because I played a QUEENY_ with a C.Viper title and she was really good. She was talking shit over mic too.:lol

Crystalkoen

Finally got around to picking this up, didn't have the cash for an arcade stick, so had to settle for one of the Madcatz pads (which still hasn't arrived ; ;).

Still getting used to the timing on this over Third Strike, but if anyone feels like doing a few matches, feel free to hit me up, Crysko on XBL.

Also, any tips for beating flowchart Kens as Sakura? I tend to fall back on Gouki when I encounter them, just because I seem to do better overall as him, but want to get better with using Sakura (and lacking good anti-air to counter their jump-in shit annoys me).

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
In fighting games I always play people much better than me. Which is why with time I break my win-loss record... example is Blazblue, I am like 27-69 there, but just learning. Started the same way with SF4, now my win ratio is like 65%. Just play with stronger people.

Crystalkoen said:
Finally got around to picking this up, didn't have the cash for an arcade stick, so had to settle for one of the Madcatz pads (which still hasn't arrived ; ;).

Still getting used to the timing on this over Third Strike, but if anyone feels like doing a few matches, feel free to hit me up, Crysko on XBL.

Also, any tips for beating flowchart Kens as Sakura? I tend to fall back on Gouki when I encounter them, just because I seem to do better overall as him, but want to get better with using Sakura (and lacking good anti-air to counter their jump-in shit annoys me).
Crouching Fierce is pretty good

TheExodu5

Banned
Well being new to fighters and having picked up BlazBlue and SF IV at the same time, I can say one thing:

BlazBlue's story mode made me love the game
Street Fighter IV's story mode made me hate the game (SETH! >_<)

BlazBlue's online mode made me love the game
Street Fighter IV's online mode made me hate the game (incredible lag most matches)

I wish I had a friend to play locally...all my friends are uninterested in fighters. I don't really think there's much left for me here. =\

^^I hope someday they can implement lobbies and improve netcode, but that's probably wishful thinking. Local competition is pretty good for me at least.

decon said:
Is it only on the Ps3 that custom soundtracks is crap? Doesn't play in battles online etc. :S
360 handles custom soundtracks for all games on the OS level, and they'll work online.
I'm fine with the default soundtrack, but sometimes I like to rock Okugawa's 3S OST.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
black_vegeta said:
Pick up an arcade stick!!!

SF on a pad is extraordinarily good. A stick is for those who aim to be truly competitive, not casual play. And yes, I just called me truly competitive :lol

Won

Man, booting up the game after that crappy EVO stream is a pretty flashy experience. :lol

Haven't played in a while and the first thing I face is a Vega. I don't think there is anything on this planet I hate more than stupid Vega. -.-

Relix said:
SF on a pad is extraordinarily good. A stick is for those who aim to be truly competitive, not casual play. And yes, I just called me truly competitive :lol
I'm awful at FGs, but I just can't play fighting games on control pads. I'm even worse then.

Kadey said:
I'm having a hard time getting it to land. You can do this from any distance? I mean, what's the timing for it? Do I have to be superfast? And only the HK version of the BK?

You can only do it as far as the ex seismo lands, which is about 3/4 to 4/5 screen distance. Input the superjump (down or down/forward to up forward) between the time she raises her fist and slams it down, and hold up forward. The second see her leave the ground, start inputting the HK bk (has to be hk), and finish the input after you see smoke leave her feet (which is almost immediately after she leaves the ground.)

You don't have to be superfast, but just quick.

Top Bottom