• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

man, so many laggy players in championship mode again, can't stand this anymore =(

anybody in the EU wanna play me on PSN? please drop me a PM with your name.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
2009072017211568.jpg
a5gjo4.jpg

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=199446 :lol

ArjanN

Level 8 Boss said:
Blockstring into throw..hell yeah.

I've got plenty of messages about my throwing and hadouken antics. Apparently I'm a fcuking pu55y and need to learn how to fight. Or I should go and play Tekken etc.

I love rage messages.

I've been playing tournament mode solely with Dan now for a while (PC version) and just now played a G3 tournament final VS Bison. I lost the first round pretty badly, then turned it around and won. That win got me into G2.

I then receiced this message:

"terribad completly no skill braindead american shitcunt"

Which I thought was pretty offensive, as I'm not even American.

And then a few seconds later:

"and now get ur retarded noob ass raped in G2 fuckin terrybad loser muahaha ull get fucked"

I just love replying to these messages with some sort of deadpan explanation of the awesomeness of Saikyo Power!!!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I think i'm done calling people turtles except in rare instances. (akuma only jump back fireballing for instance)

I remember when I first got the game I called Ccrook a turtle when he kept sitting back and head stomping/devil's reversing. He pointed out that I also just sat at the other side of the screen. I called him a turtle cause I had no clue what to do against his offense. Had I won I wouldn't have called him a turtle.

I played a dude today and he was screaming into the mic "I hate that, stop fucking blocking everything! I hate that turtling!"

I was just as offensive as he was, I just picked better spots to be offensive. He didn't play much defense so hits were free as long as I could block his attacks or get out a higher priority attack quicker than him.

I get called a turtle a lot, but people rarely say it when they own me. Every other message I recieve says turtle, but it's mainly cause they can't mount an effective offense. Unless you can read your opponents mind every step of the match, you're gonna have to block a lot.

I'm hereby relegating the title "turtle" to n00b status. Yeah, I can do that, cause I'm THE BEST SF PLAYER ON GAF.

Arde5643

Timedog said:
I think i'm done calling people turtles except in rare instances. (akuma only jump back fireballing for instance)

I remember when I first got the game I called Ccrook a turtle when he kept sitting back and head stomping/devil's reversing. He pointed out that I also just sat at the other side of the screen. I called him a turtle cause I had no clue what to do against his offense. Had I won I wouldn't have called him a turtle.

I played a dude today and he was screaming into the mic "I hate that, stop fucking blocking everything! I hate that turtling!"

I was just as offensive as he was, I just picked better spots to be offensive. He didn't play much defense so hits were free as long as I could block his attacks or get out a higher priority attack quicker than him.

I get called a turtle a lot, but people rarely say it when they own me. Every other message I recieve says turtle, but it's mainly cause they can't mount an effective offense. Unless you can read your opponents mind every step of the match, you're gonna have to block a lot.

I'm hereby relegating the title "turtle" to n00b status. Yeah, I can do that, cause I'm THE BEST SF PLAYER ON GAF.
Cept the multiple times I kept fajita buster'ing your ass.

:p

LakeEarth

Turtling shouldn't bother anyone, it just means it's the opportunity to start mixing it up. Running away is annoying though, especially in this game.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
LakeEarth said:
Turtling shouldn't bother anyone, it just means it's the opportunity to start mixing it up. Running away is annoying though, especially in this game.

Running side to side of a widescreen is the bane of my already limited patience. The best is that in the beginning of the match these sorts usually try to mount an offensive only to be pressed by my Gen and then retreat mode begins. Nothing sadder than seeing a Ryu air hurricane kick to safety--over and over--from a frail old man.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Arde5643 said:
Cept the multiple times I kept fajita buster'ing your ass.

:p

Are you talking about the time we played during EVO when the stream was down and you kept doing that jumping throw when I'd wake up? I was trying to see what would make that miss. I thought you just press down but it wasn't working, possibly because my Madcatz fightpad has gone to shit and read it as down back or down forward. I also kept trying pressing up ala zangief's SPD. I was more or less fucking around until the stream came back up.

So do you press down to make that miss? I thought that worked in the past for me.

Arde5643

Timedog said:
Are you talking about the time we played during EVO when the stream was down and you kept doing that jumping throw when I'd wake up? I was trying to see what would make that miss. I thought you just press down but it wasn't working, possibly because my Madcatz fightpad has gone to shit and read it as down back or down forward. I also kept trying pressing up ala zangief's SPD. I was more or less fucking around until the stream came back up.

So do you press down to make that miss? I thought that worked in the past for me.
You can just press down/jump/backdash it.

Yeah, I figured you were dicking around especially with the whole backdashing the whole round nonsense. :lol

Relative SF newbie here, Just picked up SF4. Playing as Fei Long, having alot of fun.

but. I'm getting to angry.. Any tips for cooling the anger? worried I might break something soon.

Stupid flowchart kens making me angry.

Arde5643

Subliminal42 said:
Relative SF newbie here, Just picked up SF4. Playing as Fei Long, having alot of fun.

but. I'm getting to angry.. Any tips for cooling the anger? worried I might break something soon.

You suck. We all suck. Some just suck less than others. Everyone who's starting SF at first sucks. Timedog just doesn't know he sucks.

The faster you accept it, the faster you learn to control your anger and examine your own mistakes/errors to play better.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Subliminal42 said:

block a lot. don't do link combos. learn to punish their dp's after you block.

ken's ldp's have a very fast recovery time, so if you don't punish IMMEDIATELY, he'll dp again and hit you if you're not blocking.

Not picking fei long will make things less frustrating as well ;)

Xevren

If you're having anger issues you really want to learn how to take a loss in stride. You will lose, and you're going to have to get used to it.

Arde5643

Timedog said:
block a lot. don't do link combos. learn to punish their dp's after you block.

ken's ldp's have a very fast recovery time, so if you don't punish IMMEDIATELY, he'll dp again and hit you if you're not blocking.

Not picking fei long will make things less frustrating as well ;)

To add what Timedog said here...
@Subliminal42
LP SRKs are pretty retarded to punish online, especially Ken's. Offline, you have enough time to at least throw or light attack to a combo of your choice.

And yeah, Fei Long is one of the harder to learn characters with less benefits in the end.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Timedog said:
forward dash under their air fireballs and punish them on the way down/right as they land.

Haha so damn true. I've had instances where Akumas are so wired to throw an air fireball no matter what that I've simply walked towards them with total disregard and with Gen it's even better since he's so fast, especially in KKK mode. Looks funny as hell and probably terrifying for the super obvious Akuma.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Subliminal42 said:
Thanks guys.

I think I might go to either Rufus or El Fuerte, Leaning towards Rufus cause El Fuerte is just TOO fast.

Go Gen instead! He really isn't that hard to get a handle on. Toughest thing is learning mk>hands frame advantage/fadc combos.

Arde5643

Subliminal42 said:
Thanks guys.

I think I might go to either Rufus or El Fuerte, Leaning towards Rufus cause El Fuerte is just TOO fast.
Fuerte sucks - he's weak, his moves do no damage, have no range and have no priority whatsoever.

Get Rufus instead - he'll save you some frustration.

bob_arctor said:
Go Gen instead! He really isn't that hard to get a handle on. Toughest thing is learning mk>hands frame advantage/fadc combos.

Really? I was put off by the whole stances thing. I'll look into that then.

I'm thinking of picking it up. I have a PS3 and a capable gaming PC. Which version do you think I should pick? I'm not sure if I will get a fighting stick... but I heard you can use the PS3 controller on the PC as well?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Subliminal42 said:
Really? I was put off by the whole stances thing. I'll look into that then.

What's great about him is that his normal attacks are great, especially in PPP stance. It will take longer for you to adapt to his kkk normals though. That and his hands special is so easy to tack on for easy combos. If you use a stick, switching stances is a breeze. He's got limitations against upper tier types, definitely the shotos but he's so damn fun and can really mess with people and his super to ultra set-ups are always a crowd pleaser.

Jenga

Banned
Hey, no one told me crouching and spamming punch or jumping up and down randomly was such an effective strategy. Well, that's what everyone else seems to think anyways on GFW.
And they do this when I'm Abel, which usually results into free wheel kicks so whatever

And why does every damned guile feel the need to spam sonic booms and ONLY do sweeps?
Yes, I know projectiles are effective at zoning and stuff, but doing the same two moves after three matches where that tactic fails makes me wonder about the person doing it.

Bitching and moaning aside, I love this damn game. Evo made me get it...

LakeEarth

I love Guiles that spam sweep. It's always fun to figure out good ways to punish it in between the two hits (for Abel you can super if you're close enough, and EX CoD on reaction).

Top Bottom