• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

I'm going to start believing that Microsoft Moneyhatted UPS so they stop shipments of the ps3 arcade stick from coming in on time :lol

Got the call yesterday about it coming in today. Went to Gamestop and they only got the 360 sticks in? fuck. i should have took that and burned it. For those that got the sticks at gamestop. did it come in a big brown packaging? i should have looked to see if it was the TE stick. hmm

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Called my store. My TE sticks didn't arrive either. I think I'm going to make a call and see WTF is going on.

bumpkin

Kintaro said:
Called my store. My TE sticks didn't arrive either. I think I'm going to make a call and see WTF is going on.
Hmm, that bodes even worse for my outlook then. I was thinking maybe the store doesn't get its shipments until mid-day and in an hour or two, it may have surfaced. *sigh*

dexterslu

bumpkin said:
Hmm, that bodes even worse for my outlook then. I was thinking maybe the store doesn't get its shipments until mid-day and in an hour or two, it may have surfaced. *sigh*

tomorrow or friday at the least

Random remark about the game's presentation: I like how the background images (= frames from the stylized CGI movies) for the main menu's are horribly compressed.

bdizzle said:
But I must that capcom really made the inputs a whole lot more relaxed. Me and a friend played on the 360 using the analog sticks and we were able to pretty much do srk's and hadokens at will.
That's right, but they did make certain moves somewhat harder again, too. For example: Dhalsim's teleport requires two punch buttons in HD Remix, but in IV they changed it back to three. I think Fei Long's chicken wing kick (or whatever it's called) is also a bit more difficult to execute in IV when using a controller, compared to HD Remix' command input.

akachan ningen said:
sporsk is playing on ps3 and he said it's perfect.
People also said that Brawl's netcode was pretty good shortly after it launched in Japan, but then all sorts of issues popped up when Nintendo released it in other territories.

Grifter

bumpkin said:

My store said shipments come at ~1 and give them an hour to unpack.

Manager

dfyb said:
isn't this the english intro? japanese intro has japanese lyrics...

Not sure, it's the Japanese version of the game and the menus are in Japanese. His console might be set as UK/Europe though, so it might show the English one.

DIRTY-D

Nothing worse than waiting forever for this game.....getting it. Watching the intro with 40 people looking at the tv screen. All I wanted to do was skip this and get into the game.

Go to selection screen to pick our characters and BOOM!

RROD!..............what a fucking tease...GOD DAMN iT!!! to hell.....what the shit!

it's as if God was looking down at me and said " hmmmm...nah I don't think I'll let Dirty play this today. maybe later." then he flicks the switch!

AAAARRRGGHHHHHH!!!!

Kintaro

DMPrince said:
Does gamestop store only get one shipment per day? ;o

The vast majority of the time, yes. Sometimes an overnight will pop in later in the day. I doubt we're so lucky with these sticks. I'm calling Corp and going to ask WTF is going on.

charsace

Timedog said:
having 4 face buttons doesn't bother me that much, i just set MP and HK to the right bumper and right trigger.
Can't stand having 4 face buttons in street fighter. The only 4 face button pad that is playable with fighters is the SNES pad.

So.. the game has no lobbies? If 5 of my friends are on, we can't all join one room and play? Or can we just not spectate the current match? Nothing is better than 3+ people in one lobby playing the game. It perfectly captures the atmosphere from the arcades where I used to play Street Fighter, Tekken and the Vs games.

dfyb said:
nice. i wonder if we get the JPN intro, too :p
If you set every voice / sound setting to JPN, you should get the JPN intro.

Both are just as bad though. ;p

Bumblebeetuna said:
So.. the game has no lobbies? If 5 of my friends are on, we can't all join one room and play? Or can we just not spectate the current match? Nothing is better than 3+ people in one lobby playing the game. It perfectly captures the atmosphere from the arcades where I used to play Street Fighter, Tekken and the Vs games.
Read the thread. There are lobbies, but everyone's going back and forth about this because they haven't read as much as the previous page. The only thing that isn't certain for the moment, is whether or not you can spectate matches while waiting for your turn in a lobby.

DogWelder

sfrender3.jpg

So awesome.
(http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7095)

Kintaro

Bumblebeetuna said:

Edit; See above..

Etelmik

Neo Member
I guess he chills with people on LIVE a lot. The game is pretty social for many people, after all.

Me, I just want to play. It's too bad there isn't a way to have options on them, best of both worlds, etc.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
YuriLowell said:
I am honestly considering not even getting this now.

No lobbies is unexcuable.

Preorder Cancelled.
What about the party system in NXE? I never tried it, but doesn't it have some of the same functionality?

Etelmik

Neo Member
What about the party system in NXE? I never tried it, but doesn't it have some of the same functionality?

NXE won't compensate; what are they going to do, sit around and chat while they are in 3 completely separate 1v1s? If you can't watch, you can't watch. No line is no line.

It's not a game breaker for me, and not getting the game at all seems overboard, but I can see why people want it as an option. A lot of SF is like those public chess boards; everyone likes to participate as well as watch and comment at the same time.

Barrett2

DIRTY-D said:
Nothing worse than waiting forever for this game.....getting it. Watching the intro with 40 people looking at the tv screen. All I wanted to do was skip this and get into the game.

Go to selection screen to pick our characters and BOOM!

RROD!..............what a fucking tease...GOD DAMN iT!!! to hell.....what the shit!

it's as if God was looking down at me and said " hmmmm...nah I don't think I'll let Dirty play this today. maybe later." then he flicks the switch!

AAAARRRGGHHHHHH!!!!

Dude, that sucks...

Kintaro

Perhaps the Championship Mode that's yet to be added will be putting in some more additions to lobbies/etc/whatever.

No sense in freaking out right now...unless your TE sticks are supposed to be in store! KINTARO SMASH!

PhatSaqs

Banned
Sinatar said:
Isn't the free Champion Edition DLC adding quarter matches?
Doesnt say the in the descriptions so far.
* Replay Mode - Record, upload, and download top matches to share with the Street Fighter IV community. Players can analyze top tiered fighters matches, leave voter feedback for others, and share their own triumphant victories.

* New Points System - Two new points systems to measure your skill (Championship and Tournament Points)

* Enhanced Tournament Matching System - Skill level matching system offers improved tournament match making for beginners and mid-level players. Competitors earn Grade Points (GP) to earn entry into more advanced tournaments.

Kintaro

MicVlaD said:
Do you most of you guys have the attention span of a sloth or what? Is it really that hard to scroll a few posts up?

They're associating lobbies with spectating is all.

Zapages

guys, I am about to pre-order the PS3 CE version of SF IV... Now my dilemma is Buy.com, toysrus, or deepdiscount? Which one should I go with?

buy.com - 77 dollars + shipping
toysrus - 80 + shipping
deepdiscount - 69 + free shipping/shipping if I want it quicker...

What I want is the ability to have like 3 friends in the same room with me, and then they can watch.

I have a group of dudes I regularly play with on live, and leaving some out makes me feel like a dick.

Dig?

Jube3

Zapages said:
guys, I am about to pre-order the PS3 CE version of SF IV... Now my dilemma is Buy.com, toysrus, or deepdiscount? Which one should I go with?

buy.com - 77 dollars + shipping
toysrus - 80 + shipping
deepdiscount - 69 + free shipping/shipping if I want it quicker...

I would go with Toys R us just to avoid getting thrown into the backorder pits I guess. But even that isn't a guarantee.

Local play is just much more fun that I really don't care much about online play. I mean, I would like it to be awesome because I plan on playing playing online too. But it wouldn't be a deal breaker if the network system was broken.

MicVlaD said:
Do you most of you guys have the attention span of a sloth or what? Is it really that hard to scroll a few posts up?

No need to be a complete douche just because someone asked a question. I didn't see anyone address specifically what I asked so I asked. Quit acting like I took a dump in your Cheerios dude.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
GalacticAE said:
Local play is just much more fun that I really don't care much about online play. I mean, I would like it to be awesome because I plan on playing playing online too. But it wouldn't be a deal breaker if the network system was broken.

i feel the same way. HD remix is nice but i honestly dont even have time to get online and play anyway.. if I do play it's when all my friends are getting together locally.

Top Bottom