• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

ShinAmano

DIRTY-D said:
Nothing worse than waiting forever for this game.....getting it. Watching the intro with 40 people looking at the tv screen. All I wanted to do was skip this and get into the game.

Go to selection screen to pick our characters and BOOM!

RROD!..............what a fucking tease...GOD DAMN iT!!! to hell.....what the shit!

it's as if God was looking down at me and said " hmmmm...nah I don't think I'll let Dirty play this today. maybe later." then he flicks the switch!

AAAARRRGGHHHHHH!!!!
Sucks, but where did you get it from and are you in driving distance from Richmond VA...I'll come by and get your copy while you wait for a new 360.

Bumblebeetuna said:
No need to be a complete douche just because someone asked a question. I didn't see anyone address specifically what I asked so I asked. Quit acting like I took a dump in your Cheerios dude.
I wouldn't be an asshole about it if you were the only one whom asked. Instead we have dozens of people (over the course of the last 10 pages) asking a question that's already been answered just as often. And people are STILL pretending there are no lobbies, which just grinds my gears.

rager

Banned
Hey guys,

I am looking for some friendly GAF player on PSN to play with. I really dont want to just randomly play people online. I am 40 years old now and have been playing street fighter since SF1 with the big huge buttons :lol

I use to be very competitive, winning a few tournaments here in Maryland back in the 90s. But my skills need alot of improving now. Right now I want to have some fun and learn better strategies. From the little I have played on my cousins 360, the key to winning will be Focus Attack Dash Canceling + combo.

my PSN ID: Beowolf

Please add me.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well, called Corp, the girl said she had been getting calls about this issue. My sticks were supposed to hit my store today, so unless some guy comes in with a late shipment, I'm hoping they arrive tomorrow.

Mr Jared

Angry thread is angry. I went ahead and uploaded the photoshop I did for KobunHeat for the Wired video-

kohler_dan.jpg

MAKE IT HAPPEN, CAPCOM!

MicVlaD said:
I wouldn't be an asshole about it if you were the only one whom asked. Instead we have dozens of people (over the course of the last 10 pages) asking a question that's already been answered just as often. And people are STILL pretending there are no lobbies, which just grinds my gears.

Considering we have been hearing conflicting reports about lobbies its a completely valid question.

Someone said no quarter matches, and you only have player match and versus match.

bumpkin

Kintaro said:
Well, called Corp, the girl said she had been getting calls about this issue. My sticks were supposed to hit my store today, so unless some guy comes in with a late shipment, I'm hoping they arrive tomorrow.
Ah, right on. I'm probably going to give the store another call around when I get off of work tonight. I saw a poster say their store gets stuff around 1pm and takes an hour or so to unpack; I called to check at like noon.

Kintaro said:

hmm. i think i'm going to call them too just to add on to the problem :lol

EDIT: no one is picking up ;(

Doesn't look like stores are getting them today guys.
(TE That is)

EDIT:

I ordered a used copy of Street Fighter 4 off Play-Asia because it was still shipping within 24 hours..

The new versions were shipping within 1 week..

Hopefully it goes through.. that would be nice :p

Threi

notag
1cesc said:
http://wa1.images.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/s-kill/fans_street_fighter_3d_models/large/273-1234042421-artwork.jpg[IMG]
So awesome.
([url]http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7095[/url])[/QUOTE]
what in the fuck...:lol

Stantron

* Replay Mode - Record, upload, and download top matches to share with the Street Fighter IV community. Players can analyze top tiered fighters matches, leave voter feedback for others, and share their own triumphant victories.
I really hope they balance the content between characters shown. I have a feeling the vast majority of replays will be of shotos.

Kintaro

ShinAmano said:
Just watched the Cammy training vid...i am disappointed in the size of her chest. Yeah I said it. :lol

Really? She was always on the petite side though wasn't she?

Xater

ShinAmano said:
Just watched the Cammy training vid...i am disappointed in the size of her chest. Yeah I said it. :lol

The highlight of Cammy always was the ass and that is a good thing imo. :D

Xater

marwan said:
i want Street Fighter on Unreal engine...

That's not Unreal Engine though. Probably Maya or something like that. The most obvious thing is the hair. We all know UE3 can't do that! ;)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i should be getting the japanese 360 version from a local place on friday :D

will pick up the ps3 ce next week

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
looks at Guiles right boot....

Apparently he Flash Kicked someones face in. :lol

This game is sooo fun!
Simple, quick, fast, not too complicated with quite some depth to explore.
Presentation is just ACE! Music, animation, sound effects, art, everything! All the character's dialogue is very much in character. Love how respectful Ryu is towards everyone... and nice encounter with his long time rival. The characters seem to have grown up some, and they seem to have a lot of respect for each other, with the newbies looking up to the old-timers.

I had a pretty tough time with the game initially, then I took apart my joystick and swapped out the octagonal gate for the square gate and that made all the difference! Had some great fights! When the supers connect, it's just so flashy, meaty and satisfying. I can see how this game would be a crowd pleaser even for spectators.

Only thing out of place seems to be the Studio 4C animations... and I mean really out of place. They are nice enough on their own, but doesn't work with the rest of the game's art style.

Now a quick question, anyone with a PS3 know if the PS3 version comes with uncompressed audio? Might just have to get another copy if so. SF is back baybee!!! All Hail the King!

GQman2121

Banned
rager said:
Hey guys,

I am looking for some friendly GAF player on PSN to play with.

Make sure you put your name in the Playstation thread on online board.

I'm in MD too, so we'll definitely play sometime. ;)

pdk27

My PS3 TE joystick got delivered today from gamestop.com. Used it with SSF2THD and Tekken 5. It's really nice. Now I just need my copy of SF4. Can't wait.

TxdoHawk

I feel for you guys...I've been trying to hunt down a normal Fightstick all week, and obviously my efforts haven't produced anything.

GQman2121

Banned
Kintaro said:
Join us...in the corner filled with tears. =/

When I called a few hours ago, the women who answered (she must be new) sounded really annoyed, like she had been asked the same question a hundred times already. :lol

She mentioned that the TE sticks were no longer in the computer and that the only thing showing were the fight pads, which they did receive today.

Kintaro

pdk27 said:
My PS3 TE joystick got delivered today from gamestop.com. Used it with SSF2THD and Tekken 5. It's really nice. Now I just need my copy of SF4. Can't wait.

*readies an Ultra...*

Grats. :D

To be honest, the only thing the lack of TE stick affacts if my 360. I have a VFHG Stick for my PS3 so, I'm ok there, but no stick for 360 means I would probably cancel that version till I got a good one. =/ Plus, I just want the kick ass, easy to mod sticks. :D

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Geoff9920 said:
And my gamestop still hasn't received my TE stick. :-|

Looks like online orders are being sent out to customers, but if you preordered it in a store (like I did), they're not selling them until the 17th.

MattKeil said:
Looks like online orders are being sent out to customers, but if you preordered it in a store (like I did), they're not selling them until the 17th.
different from me.

They got shipments in. just no ps3 sticks in!! I was so upset I canceled my preorder for RE5 for 360 and got my money back :lol

Sallokin

TxdoHawk said:
I feel for you guys...I've been trying to hunt down a normal Fightstick all week, and obviously my efforts haven't produced anything.

If you want a normal fight stick check Barnes and Nobel.com. I have an Amazon preorder for the standard one (don't feel like waiting until the 24th), but ordered from BandN yesterday evening, chose overnight and have already received my shipping confirmation for tomorrow. Here's hoping my status doesn't change to backordered or something lol.

Geoff9920

MattKeil said:
That's strange because I got a call yesterday saying that my stick would be in that afternoon.

Top Bottom