• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

ShinAmano

Jirotrom said:
what are you talking about i've been playing it for months in Austin.
This does not apply to 99% of the United States. The number of cabs here are probably less then the number of states. The closest arcade to me with the game is 6 hours away in Philadelphia...

yeb

Jirotrom said:
You ever noticed how some of the characters have their Japanese names?

Yeah, some arcades imported it.

Jirotrom

ShinAmano said:
This does not apply to 99% of the United States. The number of cabs here are probably less then the number of states. The closest arcade to me with the game is 6 hours away in Philadelphia...
i guess, but isnt that the result of nearly all the arcades being gone. He stated it wasnt released in arcades here, which isn't true, some arcades do have it here.

Jirotrom said:
Austin is lucky to have ArcadeUFO. He meant SF4 wasn't legally released in the US by Capcom. Only a few arcades in the nation even have one unit.

Halvie

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Good eye.. just noticed that..

maybe NCSX? (EDIT: NM - Restock in 4-7 or 3-5 days)

geese..

Not sure. I don't know of many importers. I'll keep checking on my order status, and if it ends up going to shipped today I'll post it up here, or send you a pm.

Jirotrom

omgimaninja said:
Austin is lucky to have ArcadeUFO. He meant SF4 wasn't legally released in the US by Capcom. Only a few arcades in the nation even have one unit.
they have 4:p Houston has SFIV as well, I think the new Dave and Busters in Arlington may have it as well but that may be a rumor.

PhatSaqs

Banned
yeb said:
One thing that I think could be awesome (for any kind of player) would be to have tourney-style teams. It works with 1v1 fighters, provides some opportunity to talk if you're not taking things seriously, and the waiting wouldn't be as bad because you'd actually have some interest in the outcome of matches your teammates are playing. It would also be a lot more similar to those team FPS games where you have to wait after you die.
That sounds like a cool idea.

Rhythmic

yeb said:
I can't think of another genre that has an online system similar to quarter matches - no one would have thought of them in the first place if they weren't trying to imitate arcades, and no one would like them if it weren't for nostalgia.

First person shooters is another genre that has a mode similar to quarter matches.
Duel rooms. 1v1 everybody watches while they wait their turn.

bigswords

(Just gotten the 360 version) Ok this is the first fighting game where I really enjoy the controls and such.

I'm a scrub at fighting games, but controls for this game is so spot on and feels so good.

I like the option while you are playing the arcade mode people can come in as a new challenger!!! LOL feels like being in the arcade.

This is the best fighting game ever!! Damn it buy it NOWWW!!!!

Etelmik

Neo Member
Misquote. At any rate, you made it sound like like an SF IV unit in the U.S. isn't a rarity; I'm just saying they are and expressing collective envy that you got to be by one : (

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
ShinAmano said:
Not following, but if they did I would have made the 2 hour trip...now with the game en route that is pointless.
1% of 50 is less than one, math wizard.

bigswords

Etelmik said:
Bigswords, is yours from Play-Asia?

Has anyone gotten this game from a brick-and-mortar in the U.S.?

Hmm it's released in Singapore already. LOL the game is "made in Singapore" (well printed I guess). Guess Capcom Asia in HK released the Asian version early.

bigswords said:
(Just gotten the 360 version) Ok this is the first fighting game where I really enjoy the controls and such.

I'm a scrub at fighting games, but controls for this game is so spot on and feels so good.

I like the option while you are playing the arcade mode people can come in as a new challenger!!! LOL feels like being in the arcade.

so this is taking place of the spectator? :(

AndresON777

shooting blanks
bigswords said:

lol you're a bit LTTP.

I just got the chun li pad I'm looking forward to next tuesday

Quick question though does Blanka still have that abillity to hop forwards and backwards like in ssf2hd remix?

bigswords

Stabby McSter said:
so this is taking place of the spectator? :(

I didn't try the online matches. But while you are playing the arcade mode with xbox live connected, you can accept Ranked or player challengers while playing the game. The option of course you can turn off if you find it irritating that people keep disrupting your game.

bigswords said:
I didn't try the online matches. But while you are playing the arcade mode with xbox live connected, you can accept Ranked or player challengers while playing the game. The option of course you can turn off if you find it irritating that people keep disrupting your game.

Please tell me if the online has lobbies ala HDR.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Argh, the days at work are getting long... granted, I have awesome super robot themes to keep my busy, but blahhhh...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
so what's the consensus on the madcatz controller? And is it a lot better than just sanding the original xbox dpad?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Timedog said:
so what's the consensus on the madcatz controller? And is it a lot better than just sanding the original xbox dpad?

I think it's pretty good. You can tell that it has 8 directions instead of the 4 the 360 controller has.

Just having the 6 face buttons makes it worth it imo

I've been having a blast with ssf2hd remix.

Hell it even helps my game in N+

TaKeRx

I will post a vid on youtube soon of me playing through the arcade mode with blanka. As some of you may know, when you play the arcade mode, you are opted for people to challenge you online(player or ranked, you choose) while you are playing it. So in this playthrough you're going to see it frequently.(except when Comcast decided to not work and I got disconnected from live.) And o yea, Seth is a cheap bitch.
EDIT: yea this is going to take some time since I gotta leave for school in like 30 mins and after that is work, so tomorrow at the latest.

bigswords

YuriLowell said:
Please tell me if the online has lobbies ala HDR.

Yes it's called Xbox Live Online Battle. :)

Edit: Ugh I think I fail the interpretation, it's either a quick match, or you create a Ranked or Player match.

I don't think you can spectate but I really didn't have a close look at the online. Damn this game looks and feels good.

I love the intro English music so catchy!

PhatSaqs

Banned
Timedog said:
I preferred the sand mod myself as I found the fightpads' Dpad a little too big and couldnt get used to the harder presses required to hit the diagonals. Some peeps love it tho so I say at least try it. The facebuttons are AAA tho.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ill be in the minority, but screw lobbies, last thing I want is to wait to play the game (and Im not into tournament stuff, so this aint about that) Im not interested in watching you play the game instead of me, honestly :p

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
having 4 face buttons doesn't bother me that much, i just set MP and HK to the right bumper and right trigger.

Teknoman

DMPrince said:
I think i'll take smooth online over spectating. or at least let me stare at their health bar in the lobby with an animated gif that shoots a hadouken across the screen or something :lol

That would be better than nothing. I dont have to spectate a match, but something to do while everyone is fighting would be nice. Then again, there doesnt seem to be an online tournament bracket mode...unless the options havent been explored. Here comes a new challenger in Arcade mode is pretty cool though. No invites or whatever to interrupt if you're in the Arcade mode already.

Also where is SFIV in Houston? Dave and Busters or elsewhere?

Jirotrom

Raging Spaniard said:
Ill be in the minority, but screw lobbies, last thing I want is to wait to play the game (and Im not into tournament stuff, so this aint about that) Im not interested in watching you play the game instead of me, honestly :p
im the same way... hate waiting.

Teknoman said:
That would be better than nothing. Here comes a new challenger in Arcade mode is pretty cool though. No invites or whatever to interrupt if you're in the Arcade mode already.

-Houston
Planet Zero Anime Center
12303J Westheimer
Houston, Texas 77077
Tel: 281-531-ZERO (9376)
Fax: 281-531-0188
Head to head Atomiswave cabs
Sun - Mon : 6pm - Midnight
Tue - Thur : 3pm - Midnight
Fri - Sat : 1pm - 1 AM

Teknoman said:
That would be better than nothing. I dont have to spectate a match, but something to do while everyone is fighting would be nice. Then again, there doesnt seem to be an online tournament bracket mode...unless the options havent been explored. Here comes a new challenger in Arcade mode is pretty cool though. No invites or whatever to interrupt if you're in the Arcade mode already.

Planet zero anime center
11920 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77077
(281) 531-9376

I'll check if the D&B in Arlington has a machine, but I doubt it. There is no arcade scene up in Dallas anymore. All the good ones closed and even the crappy arcade with good machine sent theirs off to PZero in Houston.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Raging Spaniard said:
Lobbies are great if you have 3-4 friends on about the same level of play. They're awful otherwise, nothing's worse than having one juggernaut player that never gets dethroned, making everyone wait 5 matches between turns to inevitably just get wrecked again.

Halvie said:
Not sure. I don't know of many importers. I'll keep checking on my order status, and if it ends up going to shipped today I'll post it up here, or send you a pm.
Hey Halvie preowned versions show shipping in 24 hours. Now it says est ship feb 19. We shall see. If this fails then ill wait

Teknoman

omgimaninja said:
Planet zero anime center
11920 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77077
(281) 531-9376

I'll check if the D&B in Arlington has a machine, but I doubt it. There is no arcade scene up in Dallas anymore. All the good ones closed and even the crappy arcade with good machine sent theirs off to PZero in Houston.

Jirotrom said:
im the same way... hate waiting.

-Houston
Planet Zero Anime Center
12303J Westheimer
Houston, Texas 77077
Tel: 281-531-ZERO (9376)
Fax: 281-531-0188
Head to head Atomiswave cabs
Sun - Mon : 6pm - Midnight
Tue - Thur : 3pm - Midnight
Fri - Sat : 1pm - 1 AM

Thanks, :lol we need to move to Southwest Houston, everything is down there. Only thing on the Northside/Humble is Deerbrook mall's TILT.

B-Ri

We know that so far the arcade sticks do not work for PS2 games on PS3 BC.

But do the arcade sticks work on an actual PS2?

Asking people who already got theirs :X

Stalfos

B-Ri said:
We know that so far the arcade sticks do not work for PS2 games on PS3 BC.

But do the arcade sticks work on an actual PS2?

Asking people who already got theirs :X
No. I don't have one to try yet, but I'm pretty sure I've read that they won't.

bumpkin

Okay, so perhaps I'm speaking for a small minority here, but my TE Stick still isn't in at the B&M GameStop I reserved it at. COME THE FUCK ON! I reserved it as soon as they were taking preorders, I'm one of two people that reserved it at that store, and it's not in yet. The wayward call from their automated line yesterday was one thing -- I'm willing to shrug off a minor "oops!" -- but now the day after its release and it's still MIA? I am not pleased.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
bumpkin said:
Okay, so perhaps I'm speaking for a small minority here, but my TE Stick still isn't in at the B&M GameStop I reserved it at. COME THE FUCK ON! I reserved it as soon as they were taking preorders, I'm one of two people that reserved it at that store, and it's not in yet. The wayward call from their automated line yesterday was one thing -- I'm willing to shrug off a minor "oops!" -- but now the day after its release and it's still MIA? I am not pleased.

I'm in the same boat.

Top Bottom