• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Dave Long

Banned
Not that anyone cares, but I took Amazon up on the FightStick and game. They say it won't ship until the 24th. I imagine I'll be way behind everyone by the time it gets here, but at least they haven't backordered it yet.

I just know I'm going to see the stick in stores now, though.

MoxManiac

MattKeil said:
Looks like online orders are being sent out to customers, but if you preordered it in a store (like I did), they're not selling them until the 17th.

Yeah, I was told this too. Such bullshit.

The more I play this game the more I realize 1) how incredibly fucking awesome it is and 2) you really REALLY REALLY need a stick to be good at it. Between all the different link combos, using focus, and FADC'ing, you can't really be competitive without one.

Bob White

bdizzle said:
The more I play this game the more I realize 1) how incredibly fucking awesome it is and 2) you really REALLY REALLY need a stick to be good at it. Between all the different link combos, using focus, and FADC'ing, you can't really be competitive without one.

You're right and I hope people don't get turned off from the game because of this.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dave Long said:
Not that anyone cares, but I took Amazon up on the FightStick and game. They say it won't ship until the 24th. I imagine I'll be way behind everyone by the time it gets here, but at least they haven't backordered it yet.

I just know I'm going to see the stick in stores now, though.

Well, if you see it in stores before Amazon's ship date, pick it up then cancel. :D Either way, you're covered.

Cleared the game with my shoto guy Ryu as is my tradition; switched over to Chunners and... words fail me...

The animation, holy moly the animation!
And the effects, the paintbrush light show every time a special move connects!
And the ferocity, the sheer speed... visceral pleasure of the fight!

Wow, just wow!

(Still not feeling the new guys tho... who let them in?)

RavenFox

Banned
Manager said:
DjMizuhara in Japan has captured a long 720p video of Street Fighter IV, we'll have more later:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7530_en.html

(Stream encoding)

DJmizuhara said:
2009-02-11 15:29:44

Yeah no stick...if I wanted to buy a stick I'd have to get divorced...lol
The controls on the D-pad are great (PS3) then only issue I have it blisters. Other than that it's amazing...the speed is just right and then online is totally lag free.

---
All I needed to hear about the online. My happiness is complete

FinKL

ShinAmano said:
I think he meant where. The how does not so much matter.

Thank you :). If snag is euphemism for "steal" i can understand :)

The second a retail store gets mentioned, all hell breaks loose. I remember when Brawl was sold @ a Sears lol

careksims

Apparently the manager at my GS will be going to get the SF4 cargo on next Tuesday Morning! I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get it that day! PS3 CE baby! Also they didn't receive any TE sticks and will probably be getting it on launch day. I think I'll do with my Hori FS3.

kenta

Has no PEINS
So what's the latest on previous speculation that Best Buy would be getting the game this week without a street date? Has that been shot down or are we too obsessed with FightStick delays to talk about it?

TxdoHawk

Sallokin said:
If you want a normal fight stick check Barnes and Nobel.com. I have an Amazon preorder for the standard one (don't feel like waiting until the 24th), but ordered from BandN yesterday evening, chose overnight and have already received my shipping confirmation for tomorrow. Here's hoping my status doesn't change to backordered or something lol.

That's pretty awesome man. Keep us posted, I may just bite if Gamestops don't get them tomorrow, or (urk) only have enough for pre-orders.

kenta said:
So what's the latest on previous speculation that Best Buy would be getting the game this week without a street date? Has that been shot down or are we too obsessed with FightStick delays to talk about it?

All sorts of stores are supposedly going to get copies early and sell them as soon as they get them. i've heard this about 7-11, Gamecrazy, and a bunch of independent shops. Seemingly no one has gotten anything yet though, so I'm not holding my breath.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I was one of the first ppl in NA to play this game and have been playing it ever since then in some form or fashion, yet I am still incredibly jealous of the people who have retail copies. :lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sallokin said:
If you want a normal fight stick check Barnes and Nobel.com. I have an Amazon preorder for the standard one (don't feel like waiting until the 24th), but ordered from BandN yesterday evening, chose overnight and have already received my shipping confirmation for tomorrow. Here's hoping my status doesn't change to backordered or something lol.
Exact same situation here. I'm refreshing the B&N page like a madman hoping it will ship today.

PhatSaqs

Banned
haunts said:
I was one of the first ppl in NA to play this game and have been playing it ever since then in some form or fashion, yet I am still incredibly jealous of the people who have retail copies. :lol
:lol

DIRTY-D

lawblob said:
Dude, that sucks...

It's ok...we got that shit working.......and I have been fucking people up with Zangief since 2 o'clock today..

Watching shitty Youtube videos for months and then playing this game in person on a good TV is jaw dropping.

I was so sick to my stomach over the anticipation of this release makes it all worth while.

good grief:D

haunts

Bacon of Hope
DIRTY-D said:
Watching shitty Youtube videos for months and then playing this game in person on a good TV is jaw dropping.

man ive been saying this forever.. im glad you brought it up again... youtube videos do not do this game justice at all!

yeb

RavenFox said:
All I needed to hear about the online. My happiness is complete
Do *not* trust lag impressions. A game can have button delay of a 1/4 second, and some people will say there's no lag because the game didn't randomly freeze on them.

DIRTY-D

haunts said:
man ive been saying this forever.. im glad you brought it up again... youtube videos do not do this game justice at all!

Yeah...I just can't believe I was feeling so distraught over waiting for this game to get here to play. It's weird....I'm 37 and I still feel like a 13 year old scrub when I jump on to play.

words cannot describe this feeling.

shit

is

so

good.

:D

haunts

Bacon of Hope
DIRTY-D said:
Yeah...I just can't believe I was feeling so distraught over waiting for this game to get here to play. It's weird....I'm 37 and I still feel like a 13 year old scrub when I jump on to play.

words cannot describe this feeling.

shit

is

so

good.

:D

well that feeling of excitement and newness will pass...

just kidding, it dosent. SFIV is that good.

Threi

notag
yeah thanks for making my wait easier :/

what the hell is there to do in 8 days?

*goes back to playing SF2 XBLA demo*

Kintaro

Threi said:

Hmm... I'll do ya one better! Time for...FIGHTING STREET!

*digs the TG-16 out...*

TxdoHawk

Threi said:

Good question. Once I get my stick, my plan is "get used to a square gate", but that doesn't help until I snag one.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
So finally have my review build and the online is so great! I'm hoping when my retail copy comes Friday that it's just as good. I have access to all the download packs so d-ling them right now. I love all the online stat tracking -- this game is going unleash a fury punch to all those craving fans who will eat this up.

I think all matches should turn off HUDs to make it even more entertaining to fight.

Going through all the intros and I'm loving
Sagat's when he kicks Adon's ass.

SFIV = <3

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Caspel said:
the online is so great!

I love all the online stat tracking -

Going through all the intros and I'm loving....

FUCKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SPOILER TAG ASSHAT

still, i have such a boner at the office right now

Caspel said:
So finally have my review build and the online is so great! I'm hoping when my retail copy comes Friday that it's just as good. I have access to all the download packs so d-ling them right now. I love all the online stat tracking -- this game is going unleash a fury punch to all those craving fans who will eat this up.

I think all matches should turn off HUDs to make it even more entertaining to fight.

Sagat stuff...

SFIV = <3
FU spoiler some of that crap ugh..

Caspel said:

Going through all the intros and
I'm loving Sagat's when he kicks Adon's ass.

SFIV = <3
Check your PM inbox.

Caspel

Bob White said:
Wait...what? PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!

you should change your quoting of my ignorance since some people didn't know of
Adon's presence

I can send you a pic if you'd like though. PM me and I'll send it over.

Caspel

jon bones said:
seriously bunch o douches

spoiling should be a bannable offense :lol

Yeah, sorry. I thought it was a known fact since I've read it at SFIV forums about all the
characters not playable making appearance

Guled

14v07q9.jpg

I thought they were no lobbies, this is a pic of the championship dlc so maybe its coming then

Kintaro

A spoiler pops up and all of a sudden, the story not mattering in SF gets thrown right out of the window! :lol You guys didn't freak out about the appearance of two SF3 characters...

I kid. I kid cuz I love.

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
For someone who's not at all a hardcore fighting game person, will the Xbox 360 controller be acceptable? I mean, I played Soul Calibur on the 360 without any complaints.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Kintaro said:
the appearance of two SF3 characters...

you're a dick, but at least you didn't mention which 2

and it's not about story for me, it's about seeing them for the first time, freaking out and wondering about their inclusion into the inevitable 1600 mspoint dlc: SFIV Turbo

Kintaro

jon bones said:
you're a dick, but at least you didn't mention which 2

and it's not about story for me, it's about seeing them for the first time, freaking out and wondering about their inclusion into the inevitable 1600 mspoint dlc: SFIV Turbo

There will be ZERO added characters to this game. Put that right out of your mind. Nor will they be adding expansions to this game.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I may have overreacted sorry. Its just I feel like theres hardly any surprises left in this game and I dont want what little left there is to be spoiled as well. :p

diffusionx

Gold Member
SFIV 2.0, the equivalent of 2nd impact or championship edition, will have those characters + the console exclusives in the arcade, and it will be a full $60 release sometime in 2010. Remember, this is Capcom.

Top Bottom