• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Stuneseht said:
Got my ass handed to me by Threi earlier with his M.Bison. :lol :lol
Question: Is there an easy way to learn the timing with throws?

Edit:
Gamertag: Dinkerdog
I play a decent blanka...
oh shit, I ran into randomly in Championship tonight :lol

Today was mixed. I won about half my Championship matches before playing some unranked with qcf x2. He beat me down pretty hard.

Better than I expected honestly. I'm very much out of practice :(

Which one do you guys think I should go with? I like em both.

vovsc4.jpg

OR

FMF_jappy.jpg

GamerSoul

I think i'm getting better with Sakura but I will probably get my ass handed to me online still. I still tend to make mental mistakes.

TurtleSnatcher said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCv_XqS5rp4&feature=fvw

hehe

I have a tourney in about 12 hours GAF, and I'm hyped for it, especially after the Evo matches :D Wish me luck, hopefully Guile and Cammy can pull me through, and I've got a trump card should I happen to fight a Seth too :D I could use the prize money of first place...

remz

@ findmyfarms

The bottom one is better, but I like the text on the top one more. The shadow effect on the bottom text makes it look super cheesy

Cool, thanks for the opinion guys. The drop shadow shouldn't be too hard to get rid of.

@Turtle - Kimcicle provided the concept though ;) And your pic is going on the base, don't worry. BTW is fail ur favorite word

@KillaSasa - GET EM BABY. Who's your trump card? Sagat? Cuz he's everyone's trump card lol.

DryEyeRelief said:
Thinking about switching to Sagat, since I'm a defensive Ryu player. How do both of these characters differ in higher play?

With Ryu, I don't think many of his links are too difficult. To be good with Sagat, the first two things you need to have down solid are the timing on his links (which are the tightest of the cast AFAIK) and how to use the Tiger Knee. You want to make sure if your opponent is blocking, you are only hitting on the way down so the knee is safe, and you want to know the correct distance each knee travels to use it move around effectively.

Of course you need to know how to combo into his ultra, but if you've played ryu and can FADC into his, I think you should be able to get it for Sagat.

I am finding the online in the pc version is as busy, if not more then HD remix was at christmas, the moment I start arcade mode with that request thing on someone will battle me, if I make a lobby for ranked I get someone joining within like 4 seconds, it's quite amazing. Also no one has quit on me yet.

I'm missing about 5 characters now I think, also fuck seth and his throws.

*edit* the pc filters are great too, I been playing it mostly using the last one (not ink or watercolour) and become so use to it, turning it all off makes the game look boring :lol

Ronabo

I played this some yesterday after taking a month long break from it.

I had a Double KO Draw in a championship. :lol I thought it was hilarious.

FindMyFarms said:
@KillaSasa - GET EM BABY. Who's your trump card? Sagat? Cuz he's everyone's trump card lol.

Let's just say I took your advice from the last time we played and ran through a bunch of the people who're going to be at the tourney with this character, and none of them think I know how to use him well enough :D But he's just my "break glass in case of Seth/ Demi-god Dhalsim" character for now until I get a little bit more comfortable with him.

HiResDes

Killa Sasa said:
Let's just say I took your advice from the last time we played and ran through a bunch of the people who're going to be at the tourney with this character, and none of them think I know how to use him well enough :D But he's just my "break glass in case of Seth/ Demi-god Dhalsim" character for now until I get a little bit more comfortable with him.
HOnestly, I don't think Sagat is as overpowered as some people claim...I think Ryu's mid-range game is way better, and I also like his footsies better as well. Sagat does not seem to be as popular online as he use to be, with Ryu still seemingly being the highest played. HOwever, with all this being said I'm not playing Sagat defense force because I play as Fei Long and the extremely low tiered Rose.

HiResDes said:
HOnestly, I don't think Sagat is as overpowered as some people claim...I think Ryu's mid-range game is way better, and I also like his footsies better as well. Sagat does not seem to be as popular online as he use to be, with Ryu still seemingly being the highest played. HOwever, with all this being said I'm not playing Sagat defense force because I play as Fei Long and the extremely low tiered Rose.

Yup, Sagat has a worse footsies game than Ryu and his huge hitbox isn't doing him a favor really.

Sagat's not mobile enough for me either, he's just not my style.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I actually went into training mode couple of days ago and tried to FADC Ryu's srk into his ultra and failed miserably. Couldn't even do it once, but then yesterday I tried again and it was like my mind knew exactly what to do even on the shitty pad. I can do it 70% of the time now. This may seem nothing to you, but for a player like me this is a milestone. :lol

Kaako said:
I actually went into training mode couple of days ago and tried to FADC Ryu's srk into his ultra and failed miserably. Couldn't even do it once, but then yesterday I tried again and it was like my mind knew exactly what to do even on the shitty pad. I can do it 70% of the time now. This may seem nothing to you, but for a player like me this is a milestone. :lol

I know what you are saying. I really hate when I was only able to do moves on accident and could not do it on command.

I main Sagat. I used him since HDRemix. I believe I am a decent fighter. Anybody want a quick match send me a invite. GT: Tru Talon (There is a space between Tru Talon)

I also like to play with Cammy, Ken, DAN, and Balrog. I been working on Dhalsim but it not working for me.

Chauncy Talon said:
I know what you are saying. I really hate when I was only able to do moves on accident and could not do it on command.

I main Sagat. I used him since HDRemix. I believe I am a decent fighter. Anybody want a quick match send me a invite. GT: Tru Talon (There is a space between Tru Talon)

I also like to play with Cammy, Ken, DAN, and Balrog. I been working on Dhalsim but it not working for me.

I'll add you when I get home later (my GT is Jenova777). I main an ok Chun, working on Cammy and Ryu.

Sagats are still a tough hill to climb for me, so I can always use the practice :)

Anyone else that wants to add me feel free. I need more GAFers showing me the ways of SFIV. After hitting G1 and getting frustrated with dc and lag, I'm going to be hitting player matches instead.

FindMyFarms said:
Cool, thanks for the opinion guys. The drop shadow shouldn't be too hard to get rid of.

@Turtle - Kimcicle provided the concept though ;) And your pic is going on the base, don't worry. BTW is fail ur favorite word

Yes

Kaako said:

That's just your muscle memory going to work after getting some rest. You'd be amazed at what sleep can do for you. (in any hobby with specific execution demands)

Killa Sasa said:

Sup with the hush hush? The people in your tourney read this forum?

yea, i've tried playing some more G1 in the evening. after all this time, it's still pretty hard to find people to play with beginning from semi-finals.

that's a big letdown for me.

Tonza

Okay, I just got SFIV yesterday because I got interested in 2d fighters with BlazBlue.

And I really suck at this. In my first dabble at the game a moment ago I lost with Ryu to Abel atleast 10 times before beating him in the arcade mode on normal. After I beat him I got stuck on Guile for 6 or so matches and gave up. (it's getting late so I don't want to disturb ppl's sleep)

Abel was really annoying because all he did was roll under my hadokens and throw me over and over again. Really the computer seems much more difficult on medium/normal than BB.

LakeEarth

Popped in Street Fighter Anniversary Collection onto XBL, and it's dead as expected. Got a few matches in. So used to SF4. Didn't try to focus attack, but it still felt weird.

How do I turn Super Saiyan with Ryu? I have my ultra and everything, but when I press the buttons he doesn't transform. How do you transform? I've also tried transforming when I had a super and an ultra, but still nothing.

Quarter Circle Towards(Opponent) -> Quarter Circle Towards(Opponent) -> LB

That's how you transform, right? I did that and he doesn't transform.

Shadow780

mario ate my burger said:
How do I turn Super Saiyan with Ryu? I have my ultra and everything, but when I press the buttons he doesn't transform. How do you transform? I've also tried transforming when I had a super and an ultra, but still nothing.

nl4qie.jpg

Only Saget does that.

GriffD17

LakeEarth said:
Popped in Street Fighter Anniversary Collection onto XBL, and it's dead as expected. Got a few matches in. So used to SF4. Didn't try to focus attack, but it still felt weird.
Hah, I went out searching for this bad boy. They only had snk vs. capcom Choas or something for the xbox. And unfortunately that's not BC otherwise I might have picked it up.

For ps2 they had it, and surprisingly they had Alpha Anthology which was in the $24 price range. Is this rare or something?

Back from my tournament today GAF, videos will be up later (unfortunately, only of my losses :p)

I'm pissed that I only took a 4th losing to Gief shenanigans which had me so shook I lost to a Ryu right after to knock me out because I was extremely frustrated at the first match. I got really reckless. This is after going 5-0 up to that point against players who were better than the Gief IMO. SPD is just ridiculous. You will be in awe of how far away I was grabbed, a damn near character and a half. I guess it's my fault for not knowing the exact range of it :/ And also, the tournament setting having people watch did screw up my combos. Not as used to that environment yet but it was still super fun :D

Luckily, there's another one in 3 weeks so I can redeem myself, and I wrecked almost all the shotos there :D Thanks for the practice Galactic and FMF. If either of you guys (or anyone else) know Gief, plz play him against me. I need to KO that motherf*cker for good. Cot damn.

My PSN is the same as my gaf name minus the space.

Dead Cyclone 4 Lyfe

Edit: From SRK Wiki:

#
# 360 - can be performed as F,DF,D,DB,B,UB or B,DB,D,DF,F,UF. In other words, a 225 degree rotation ending in up and back or up and forward. Reduces the chance of jumping.

F*ck shortcuts.

Ravager61

Anyone have any tips on pulling off FADC consistently? I play Sagat and am having a hell of a time doing Tiger Uppercut > Fadc > f.hk > ultra. I wish I could just slow the entire game down to get the motions memorized.

Also, if any PS3 players want some matches id love to play. PSN name is Ravager61. I'm not horrible but im not super good either.

comrade

Ravager61 said:
Anyone have any tips on pulling off FADC consistently? I play Sagat and am having a hell of a time doing Tiger Uppercut > Fadc > f.hk > ultra. I wish I could just slow the entire game down to get the motions memorized.

Also, if any PS3 players want some matches id love to play. PSN name is Ravager61. I'm not horrible but im not super good either.
I'll add you. I need practice against Sagat. My psn name is 'despize'.

DD-11

Getting tired of people joining my player match, playing one game, and then leaving.

Anyone interested in some casual matches? I'm pretty much a weekend warrior, competent, but that's just about it. I play a variety of characters.

XBL: doub1e down

(that's a one instead of an el)

Kenaras

Tonza said:
Okay, I just got SFIV yesterday because I got interested in 2d fighters with BlazBlue.

And I really suck at this. In my first dabble at the game a moment ago I lost with Ryu to Abel atleast 10 times before beating him in the arcade mode on normal. After I beat him I got stuck on Guile for 6 or so matches and gave up. (it's getting late so I don't want to disturb ppl's sleep)

Abel was really annoying because all he did was roll under my hadokens and throw me over and over again. Really the computer seems much more difficult on medium/normal than BB.

Change the difficulty to easiest. Don't feel bad about doing so, either; the actual difficulty level will be similar to the normal difficulty in most other fighting games. Normal difficulty in Street Fighter IV is brutal for inexperienced players.

Dan is so fuck awesome in this game I want to make him my main instead of Ryu :lol

Also as someone who hardly plays Cammy, she is really good in this one like they raised her attack strengh a bit or something. My first quitter today in ranked (pc) was in a cammy vs cammy fight, I won the first part and they ran. :lol

ArjanN

Diablohead said:
Dan is so fuck awesome in this game I want to make him my main instead of Ryu :lol

Also as someone who hardly plays Cammy, she is really good in this one like they raised her attack strengh a bit or something. My first quitter today in ranked (pc) was in a cammy vs cammy fight, I won the first part and they ran. :lol

Dan is my main. :)

PC version: arjan666 if anyone want to play.

MIMIC

Banned

I think you have Street Fighter 4 confused with Sonic 2.....or some other game that possibly has SUPER SAIYAN characters

DBZ?

Aedile

Tonza said:

The computer has godlike execution, but is stupid on any difficulty level. Abel is throwable in his rolls, yet he'll roll right up to you no matter how many times you throw him out of them.

MIMIC

Banned
Aedile said:
The computer has godlike execution, but is stupid on any difficulty level. Abel is throwable in his rolls, yet he'll roll right up to you no matter how many times you throw him out of them.

Yeah, there are definitely some things you can exploit. If you play Seth on very hard with El Fuerte and just do fajita busters (the running throw), you can perfect him.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I beat Saqs in championship mode tonight. I feel more accomplished than I should, since he's beat me every other time we've played. :lol

Also, ggs Timedog. We should play again sometime when I'm not drunk :D

KaYotiX

Banned
Top Bottom