• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

HiResDes

I feel like I have a really solid Fei Long, and even as such I still feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle against most of the shoto's.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XBL FINAL BRACKET
http://i26.tinypic.com/jqns41.gif

PSN FINAL BRACKET
http://i29.tinypic.com/30woxp3.gif

Congratulations to Ptown and Phatsaqs for winning the tournament! Sadly this was a prize-free tourney =(, but.... you guys can always PM Teknopathetic if you want a tag change haha*. Great games guys, and thanks for participating... it was great and I am surprised it did flow so well. Once more, thanks to everyone, congrats to the winners.... and I hope this is not the last tournament!

*this message has not been sponsored by Tekno =P

Now off to do that BB tourney....

Damnit, I missed the GAF SF4 tourney. I just got the ability to post. :-( Well, I'm sure I would have gotten wrecked anyways but it's always nice to play some good competition.

I played a bit with BustaBust this past weekend and went 1-14, :lol

He mains Abel, but he was choosing Viper alot and waxing the floor with me. Along with Ryu and Boxer...shit was embarrassing.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
RJNavarrete said:
Getting to Seth isn't the hard part, though. :lol

I murdered almost everyone else, but Seth just kills me. All I can do is an 8 hit combo in the beginning [jump in + hk, some low punches, and then Chun's signature Kick blitz]. After that, it's typically a series of dragon punches, teleportations, and zangief piledrivers. :[

I was completely oblivious to the fact that you could change the match time... Are you serious?
IIRC wakeup EX-bird kick murdered seth when he was doing that teleportation stuff. .

FindMyFarms said:
He has extremely good local competition :p

i dunno if this is a joke or not, but if you spent hours playing newbies and then go and challenge some good players, you'll probably get destroyed the next few games. that's what happens to me at least.

oh, and this thread sure is slowing down!

toneroni

Augemitbutter said:
i dunno if this is a joke or not, but if you spent hours playing newbies and then go and challenge some good players, you'll probably get destroyed the next few games. that's what happens to me at least.

i dont think thats a joke since they he does locals with find, buktooth, vietnamazing and such. But i can see what you're getting at.
I wish my friends in NYC would get together and play again. They all pretty much dropped the game already for other stuff...

LakeEarth

Pandaman said:
IIRC wakeup EX-bird kick murdered seth when he was doing that teleportation stuff. .
I think that's good advice. When he starts teleporting, charge, and the second you see the flash next to you EX bird kick and he'll eat it on whichever side he ends up on.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
shintoki said:
SFIV is gonna be 20$ new at Gamestop starting tomorrow for a week

So if anyone has been holding out.
PS3 version here I come! :D
I was shopping around for it online as well but for $20 how can I not double dip?

Ok guys, here's one of the vids from my local tourney on Sat (this one featuring Gief):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZZU5pSqars

Looking back at it, I feel like I was in control until he got in on me, and then I just fell apart like a house of cards.
Any comments are appreciated, there are some other vids there too of the Top 8 and some of them have really good players.

I'll edit the post when my other ones are up.

Edit:

Here's my sole win in my top 8 adventures:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoJjAqshXtg

shintoki said:

jacked my post from the EVO thread =[

EDIT: Killa Sasa - Awesome Guile and Cammy. Very nice. That Gief just knew the range of SPD VERY well.

Anybody want more Ryu madness? Let me know then I'm on PS3, name is Rice_Eater483

I've yet to play against a fellow Gaffer, so it'd be nice to get some games with one of you guys.

Mr Jared

shintoki said:

I'll triple-dip if the PC version is at this price as well. I'm going to need it for the cab :)

reKon

Banned
i've been watching gameplay matches of this game for the past 20 mins. I definitely gotta pick this up tomorrow. I hope that the gamestop employees aren't going to try to hide them because that would be a shame. $20 sounds like a great deal.

GG's Rice-Eater

@rekon - Yeah, game is a STEAL at $20, you'll love it.

@KillaSasa - MA BOY, that was good stuff and I like how you handled that A***a. I think Gief is just a bitch matchup for both Guile/Cammy. Get that 757 ready for lift off yeah?

toneroni said:
i dont think thats a joke since they he does locals with find, buktooth, vietnamazing and such. But i can see what you're getting at.
I wish my friends in NYC would get together and play again. They all pretty much dropped the game already for other stuff...

Bingo.

Though being in NYC you got the best comp in the nation man.

So I just got back from the ugliest beatdown I've ever seen in my life. It was horrid, gruesome, and not for the feint of heart. It was me vs FMF in SF4 on PS3.

Final score

Findmyfarms 22
Rice-Eater 0

But I did win a couple of rounds, LOL. When I asked for a match with a fellow Gaf'er, I was hoping to avoid guys like FMF, but he was the only one that came calling. I felt like my best chance to win was against his Gief. I applied a runaway strategy that I saw Poongko use against Itabashi. But once FMF got near me it was lights out.

Sorry FMF for only playing Ryu. I really don't play anybody else(91% usage with Ryu) and if I had tried, it would have been near perfections every round. I like playing aggressive, so you may have noticed that I still came after you even with the skill difference until you played Gief and Rog, those 2 are probably the only 2 I turtle against when the players are good.

Once again, thanks for the games and thanks for the compliment at the end. I don't have a keyboard and had to type using the DS3. When there was a long pause, I was trying to say sorry for not picking anybody else, but I gave up on it. I will get a keyboard if fellow Gaffers are still playing though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rice-Eater said:
So I just got back from the ugliest beatdown I've ever seen in my life. It was horrid, gruesome, and not for the feint of heart. It was me vs FMF in SF4 on PS3.

Final score

Findmyfarms 22
Rice-Eater 0

But I did win a couple of rounds, LOL. When I asked for a match with a fellow Gaf'er, I was hoping to avoid guys like FMF, but he was the only one that came calling. I felt like my best chance to win was against his Gief. I applied a runaway strategy that I saw Poongko use against Itabashi. But once FMF got near me it was lights out.

Sorry FMF for only playing Ryu. I really don't play anybody else(91% usage with Ryu) and if I had tried, it would have been near perfections every round. I like playing aggressive, so you may have noticed that I still came after you even with the skill difference until you played Gief and Rog, those 2 are probably the only 2 I turtle against when the players are good.

Once again, thanks for the games and thanks for the compliment at the end. I don't have a keyboard and had to type using the DS3. When there was a long pause, I was trying to say sorry for not picking anybody else, but I gave up on it. I will get a keyboard if fellow Gaffers are still playing though.

LOL, I think I have like 95-96% usage with ryu.

Haha yeah, sorry about being your first gaf match. If you stay in the sf4 gafchat channel, you'll see a couple other peeps comin in and out. Just remember you have to join it again (but it stays there) each time you turn on your ps3.

Ryu's a great character, no need to apologize for using only him. Plus, you can never get enough shoto practice in this game lol.

BTW, if you wanna hook up a keyboard, remember that you can connect any USB keyboard you have lying around. Typing on a DS3 is like trying to fight an infinite meter Sagat with Dan:lol

I missed every single FADC combo I tried, and I missed every single opportunity to Ultra when I got a trade or landed a LP DP when you jumped on me. Several times I FADC'd after a fireball. That wasn't intentional, I meant to do a SRK, but the fireball came out instead. My reflexes and execution are terrible :lol

Oh why is it that I'm like the only Asian who isn't naturally gifted at fighting games.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rice-Eater said:
I missed every single FADC combo I tried, and I missed every single opportunity to Ultra when I got a trade or landed a LP DP when you jumped on me. Several times I FADC'd after a fireball. That wasn't intentional, I meant to do a SRK, but the fireball came out instead. My reflexes and execution are terrible :lol

Oh why is it that I'm like the only Asian who isn't naturally gifted at fighting games.

Oh, you're asian? EXCELLENT!

Rice-Eater said:

Well sometimes the lag would spike, so execution is always a gamble online lol.

Augemitbutter said:

There are some good PC people. You probaly just haven't gotten up to that point yet in Champ Edit or ranked to play them yet.

But thanks for saying my skills are gonna go down the toilet!

I do play locally every week with Buktooth, Vietnamazing, FindMyFarms, etc. So I can tell you I'm improving.. Am I amazing? No... But heck I've placed top 5 two times in a few tournaments and I'm damn proud of it.

So bite me.

DTX - Represent bitches!

Thanks for the commentary guys, I appreciate it. My Sagat is slowly but surely gaining a little steam so I can handle Gief next time.

My last vid from the tourney, Cammy abuse courtesy of a Ryu (FMF is used to seeing this).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rofBeE5vzc

I got pretty frustrated in this one, no excuse really. TONS of dumb jumps.

Edit: I got extremely pissed at the few times my hands just slipped and I kinda just let the foot off the gas, let all the pressure off. F*cking nerves of being knocked out I guess :p

Trying to get back in the SF4 groove after weeks without touching it.

After so many tries again, I simply can't finish anyone hard trails to the end. I'm completely discouraged.

Top Bottom