• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

yeb

Guled said:
14v07q9.jpg

I thought they were no lobbies, this is a pic of the championship dlc so maybe its coming then
That's a picture from the tourney system. I can't read kanji, but I know the top says Championship Lobby, and I've heard the lower group of people are that player's semi-finals opponent, round 3 opponent, etc.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
MoxManiac said:
People are complaining about story spoilers in Street Fighter? Really? :lol :lol
Whatever dude. It would have been cool to see
Adon without expecting his cameo

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Kintaro said:
There will be ZERO added characters to this game. Put that right out of your mind. Nor will they be adding expansions to this game.

i understand that there will never be character dlc, ono said as much... but do you really think they won't expand on this game?

it looks like it's going to sell tons... i imagine CAPCOM <333 will capitalize on the success and re-balance/build on the game a la every previous entry into the series.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
tapedeck said:
I may have overreacted sorry. Its just I feel like theres hardly any surprises left in this game and I dont want what little left there is to be spoiled as well. :p

I heard that Seth is actually Gill and Urien's brother's roommate's boyfriend. Not confirmed though.

i understand that there will never be character dlc, ono said as much... but do you really think they won't expand on this game?

it looks like it's going to sell tons... i imagine CAPCOM <333 will capitalize on the success and re-balance/build on the game a la every previous entry into the series.

As much as I would love for them to treat SF like a MMO with content patches and downloadable iterations...they won't. Think of this logically. They're charging $20 for all the costumes. Why would they charge $20/30 or whatever for a whole new iteration of the game? No, it'll be retail and we'll all slurp it up again. Of course, with much less fanfare.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Kintaro said:
I heard that Seth is actually Gill and Urien's brother's roommate's boyfriend. Not confirmed though.
:( why no spoiler tag?? just cus u dont play sf for story dont mean noone does. wtf

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Kintaro said:
There will be ZERO added characters to this game. Put that right out of your mind. Nor will they be adding expansions to this game.
I disagree. There's always been multiple iterations of every Street Fighter game, and it's not like recent fighting games have bucked the trend or anything (see Tekken, VF, Guilty Gear).

I expect Capcom will do something like they did with Lost Planet, adding signifigant new content in the game's Platinum Hits release.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Kintaro said:
A spoiler pops up and all of a sudden, the story not mattering in SF gets thrown right out of the window! :lol You guys didn't freak out about the appearance of two SF3 characters...

That's in Chun-Li's intro right? I thought these cameos were common knowledge by now. I've only been superficially following SF4 since I won't be buying it until the summer, and even I knew that.

Kintaro

Shig said:
I disagree. There's always been multiple iterations of every Street Fighter game, and it's not like recent fighting games have bucked the trend or anything (see Tekken, VF, Guilty Gear).

I expect Capcom will do something like they did with Lost Planet, adding signifigant new content in the game's Platinum Hits release.

Expansions bro. Like downloadable expansions. That's what I meant. Of course they will milk SF4, but it'll go through retail to reach the most amount of people.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
tapedeck said:
I may have overreacted sorry. Its just I feel like theres hardly any surprises left in this game and I dont want what little left there is to be spoiled as well. :p

No worries man. If you haven't played it in arcades yet, then you'll be pleasantly surprised about how great the game is. Each character's intro is great, so you have a lot of stuff to look forward to.
There's a few other small appearances so you have a lot to look forward to in terms of story

Caspel

SnowWolf said:
That's in Chun-Li's intro right? I thought these cameos were common knowledge by now. I've only been superficially following SF4 since I won't be buying it until the summer, and even I knew that.

correct and the music her intro is great too :)

ashism

What the fuck bob? NSFW, thanks for that crap buddy. Sure half of our bosses love it.

edit: He deleted his post. You better you chump, crap like that is just rude. Incredibly, unbelievably rude.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Kintaro said:
Expansions bro. Like downloadable expansions. That's what I meant. Of course they will milk SF4, but it'll go through retail to reach the most amount of people.

i could totally see a $60 retail version and a $30 downloadable update... whatever, no use speculating at this point.

Caspel

jon bones said:
i could totally see a $60 retail version and a $30 downloadable update... whatever, no use speculating at this point.

Yeah, I too would love to see future expansions regardless if they are downloadable or not.

ashism

Guled said:
what happened?
Bob decided to post a HUGE picture of a monkey with a post up his ass. It was funny, but totally not the place for it considering alot of us read this shit at work.

Kintaro

jon bones said:

This is how I wish it would go, but if simple costumes are $20, I can't see a full iteration for $30 or anything less than full price.

Personally, I see it like this. SF4 is the "base". Capcom can then provide content updates such as new bgm, stages, modes and balances to it's users. It can then provide full on expansions (Champion Edition, etc) for like, say $30. similar to like a WoW expansion. they could sell it at retail as well in a Fighter's Pack with the original SF4 and by itself. Then keep it rolling like that. Introduce new features, modes, so forth and so such to it's users. builds a userbase, keeps people playing and will make Capcom money should they choose to charge for other "optional" stuff like more costumes. Could introduce ranking matches (like VF's), team battle tournaments, items for winning Capcom sponsored tourneys, etc. Good stuff.

That's my thought anyways. Some people dig it, others don't.

Teknoman

y2dvd said:
I wonder if Ken, Ryu, Chun-Li, and Akuma survives this tournament to fight in the next one.

Of course. SFIV takes place before III. So technically they already survived.

Oh and I think i'll give a standard fight stick unboxing video a shot. Most people are probably going to end up going after that one since the TE is so hard to find...and no one has really given it that much attention as a standard fighting consumer stick.

Sallokin

I'd definitely go for expansions/additions. I bought double impact and 3rd strike for the DC at full price and didn't regret either purchase at all. Hell didn't they add something like 8 new characters between the initial release of SF3 and 3S anyway not to mention stages etc. You know Capcom is going to do the same with 4, it's just a matter of how they distribute it IMO.

Guys expect TE sticks and other sticks in all GameStops in the next few days.. If not by early next week. Calls sent out were mistakes weren't suppose to go out.

they will fulfill all preorders.

Kintaro

Teknoman said:
:lol im on fight stick high, gimme a break.

=(

Are you going to main El Fuerte? I'm really jazzed to try him out. He looks so fun. I understand it'll be tough to learn, but the results look so damn satisfying.

Captain N

My friend has a few questions and can someone please answer them?
Friend said:
Does the PS3 version track stats, and let you compare them to your friends? Sometimes the 360 version of a game will do this, and the PS3 version won't.

Also, does the PS3 version allow you to copy the save file? This is very imporant to me because I own 2 PS3's, and I want to be able to play the game on both machines. Also, it's nice to be able to back up your save files in case of a hard drive crash.

Caspel

Captain N said:
My friend has a few questions and can someone please answer them?

sorry, I don't have my PS3 debug unit right now to test out the review build Capcom sent me. But if it's anything like the 360 version, should it should be, then expect a lot of stat tracking from character usage, how many throws you've accomplished, how many times you've made your opponents dizzy, etc.

Online update:

Playing online has virtually no lag.....I can't explain it. I usually play people with either no status for their network quality or in the red. Of the 20+ games I've played online so far, online has had noticeable lag. 100x better than HD Remix's netcode. And ranked matches are very addictive. I usually don't play ranked matches, but being able to steal someone's BP make me want to play ranked matches all day. I don't see a real lobby system like HD remix has, so no spectator mode. I beat someone that had ~1200bp and was about to beat him for the 2nd time in a row and he quit it seems. I didn't get his BP. I'm hoping capcom fixes that because dammit I won fair and square lol.

Gamestop/Amazone need to hurry up and send my sticks!

Chorazin

Teknoman said:
Oh and I think i'll give a standard fight stick unboxing video a shot. Most people are probably going to end up going after that one since the TE is so hard to find...and no one has really given it that much attention as a standard fighting consumer stick.

I'd watch it! I have the TE and wanna see what they did for the SE.

diffusionx said:
SFIV 2.0, the equivalent of 2nd impact or championship edition, will have those characters + the console exclusives in the arcade, and it will be a full $60 release sometime in 2010. Remember, this is Capcom.

I'd like to see a Street Fighter 4 Dash. Adds Alex, Yun, Remy, and Ibuki as playable characters. Rebalanced gameplay/tweaks.

That or just the 3rd Strike characters as DLC.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
tapedeck said:
Whatever dude. It would have been cool to see
Adon without expecting his cameo

I'm kinda mad cause he's the one character I wanted added that didn't get added.

Guled

bdizzle said:
Online update:

Playing online has virtually no lag.....I can't explain it. I usually play people with either no status for their network quality or in the red. Of the 20+ games I've played online so far, online has had noticeable lag. 100x better than HD Remix's netcode. And ranked matches are very addictive. I usually don't play ranked matches, but being able to steal someone's BP make me want to play ranked matches all day. I don't see a real lobby system like HD remix has, so no spectator mode. I beat someone that had ~1200bp and was about to beat him for the 2nd time in a row and he quit it seems. I didn't get his BP. I'm hoping capcom fixes that because dammit I won fair and square lol.

Gamestop/Amazone need to hurry up and send my sticks!
if you quit from a match it counts as a lost, sure its not a win for you, but that will prevent people from rage quiting

Threi

notag
so i should expect online lag when i get the game right?

im pretty sure its good right now because the large majority of people don't have the game yet.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
ashism said:
edit: He deleted his post. You better you chump, crap like that is just rude. Incredibly, unbelievably rude.

You can't delete your own posts. He was banned and his post removed.

Kintaro

Guled said:
if you quit from a match it counts as a lost, sure its not a win for you, but that will prevent people from rage quiting

If people don't lose their BP, it's not much of a loss even if it counts as one is it?

Jirotrom

memecomplex said:
This game is sooo fun!
Simple, quick, fast, not too complicated with quite some depth to explore.
Presentation is just ACE! Music, animation, sound effects, art, everything! All the character's dialogue is very much in character. Love how respectful Ryu is towards everyone... and nice encounter with his long time rival. The characters seem to have grown up some, and they seem to have a lot of respect for each other, with the newbies looking up to the old-timers.

I had a pretty tough time with the game initially, then I took apart my joystick and swapped out the octagonal gate for the square gate and that made all the difference! Had some great fights! When the supers connect, it's just so flashy, meaty and satisfying. I can see how this game would be a crowd pleaser even for spectators.

Only thing out of place seems to be the Studio 4C animations... and I mean really out of place. They are nice enough on their own, but doesn't work with the rest of the game's art style.

Now a quick question, anyone with a PS3 know if the PS3 version comes with uncompressed audio? Might just have to get another copy if so. SF is back baybee!!! All Hail the King!
I initially thought the octagon gate would feel better, but I've been thinking about switching back to the square gate.

Guled

to those who are interested in the DLC and are getting the PS3 version, we could get 5 people together and make a sharing account so each person only pays for one pack. Anyone interested?

Top Bottom