• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

fatty

I'm a little confused about lobbies from reading responses (from posters such as bigswords) in the last few pages of this thread and also someone answering questions at IGN (Insider required):

dopefish22 at IGN said:
I think I can answer these questions for you. You'll most likely be disappointed with the results, but I hope it doesn't sway your decision on buying the game. Some of these issues may be fixed with a patch later (but I wouldn't bet on it).

Can guests go online?
No. Because of the way the online mode is structured it wouldn't make sense right now. You'll understand this as I answer the other questions.

How many players can connect into the same [private] game/lobby?

Only one. There are no quarter matches in SF4. I assume this was done to help reduce lag.

Who can chat with whom when (not) playing?

Since the game's online mode is only 1 on 1 - the only person you can talk to is the person you are fighting.

Can only one fight occur at the same time or can two players be fighting while two other players face off in a different arena?
Only one fight occurs. Again, this is due to the "lobby" limiting just two people.

Can I watch a fight in which I do not participate?

Nope. You're always fighting :p

How are tournaments set up? Is it randomly selected or based on some skill system with the people in the lobby?
If by tournaments you mean ranked fights, it is selected randomly based on the BP you currently have. However, you can change this in the settings to fight people that have a significantly higher BP to give yourself a real challenge. As for a serious tournament set up (somewhat like SSF2THDR has) - No, there is no tournament setup.

Does the game match you against other random players based on a ranking system?
Yep, read above.

If in a tournament, can you select a different character per match or is it always the same character till the end of the tournament?

Read above.

I understand that spectating is not allowed but in here it seems like people are stating that you can have private lobbies with "quarter matches" whereas the IGN poster is saying something else. Would someone mind getting in a little more detailed in how the "Xbox Live Online Battle" mode works? (and not the Arcade Mode where you can just be randomly challenged by an opponent)

Jirotrom

Threi said:
so i should expect online lag when i get the game right?

im pretty sure its good right now because the large majority of people don't have the game yet.
its p2p, so thats not a worry, the online is good.

Please everyone, GET YOUR FRIENDS TO BUY THIS GAME, EVERY SALE COUNTS! I really want capcom to keep supporting this game and this classic series, all those folks that want 3rd strike characters, get this game to sell.

mjc

Thank God for the private party XBL feature.

Nevermind, the lobby only allows two people. That's pretty fucking gay.

Teknoman

Chorazin said:
I'd watch it! I have the TE and wanna see what they did for the SE.

Uploading now. I didnt open the stick or anything though, standard unboxing. But wow at the quality. It feels great, the buttons and joystick are really responsive, and the stick itself feels really sturdy. Its got padded feet on the bottom, and is sort of slanted towards the player so your armd doesnt rest on a sharp edge.

Buttons are layed out just right...just all around great. Only able to test it out with SFII Hyper Fighting on XBLA (I dont have any other fighting games for 360 atm) but it's performance is spot on. Even if you dont plan on modding the stick, its an excellent entry level/standard fighting game fan stick. Worth every penny.

Oh and I never thought this would happen...but i've completely adapted to a square gate.

mjc said:
Thank God for the private party XBL feature.

Nevermind, the lobby only allows two people. That's pretty fucking...

Are you saying two men can't control hot sweaty male avatars in a private room without it being homosexual?

DoctorWho said:
Are you saying two men can't control hot sweaty male avatars in a private room without it being homosexual?

Well we are talking about the NXE avatars right?

BTW, I mentioned it in the official stick thread but the TE stick works with BC Xbox games :D

kenta

Has no PEINS
Teknoman said:
Oh and I never thought this would happen...but i've completely adapted to a square gate.
Yeah I'm surprised to be saying almost the same thing. I just need to practice with the execution of supers (though I'm hoping SF4 is a little more lenient on the inputs in that regard) but otherwise I'm quite well adjusted to it, surprisingly

TP

TurtleSnatcher said:
Guys expect TE sticks and other sticks in all GameStops in the next few days.. If not by early next week. Calls sent out were mistakes weren't suppose to go out.

they will fulfill all preorders.

This is what will probably end up happening
but damn it im pulling my hair out over this
I want it already :lol

I just came back from Gamestop and the TE sticks are not there yet

Teknoman

I didnt see ant TE's in our stock room either...and on top of that they our manager would've tried to hold standard reserves till SFIV release day, until I showed him that the marketing book wanted us to sell them on the 10th.

Didnt see any pads either.

Threi

notag
im honestly trying to get the jumping in habit out of my system with the SF2 XBLA trial :lol

and i really, REALLY suck with guile :(

Guled said:
to those who are interested in the DLC and are getting the PS3 version, we could get 5 people together and make a sharing account so each person only pays for one pack. Anyone interested?

I am, I'm getting the CE so I already have the brawler pack.

memecomplex said:
This game is sooo fun!
Simple, quick, fast, not too complicated with quite some depth to explore.
Presentation is just ACE! Music, animation, sound effects, art, everything! All the character's dialogue is very much in character. Love how respectful Ryu is towards everyone... and nice encounter with his long time rival. The characters seem to have grown up some, and they seem to have a lot of respect for each other, with the newbies looking up to the old-timers.

I had a pretty tough time with the game initially, then I took apart my joystick and swapped out the octagonal gate for the square gate and that made all the difference! Had some great fights! When the supers connect, it's just so flashy, meaty and satisfying. I can see how this game would be a crowd pleaser even for spectators.

Only thing out of place seems to be the Studio 4C animations... and I mean really out of place. They are nice enough on their own, but doesn't work with the rest of the game's art style.

Now a quick question, anyone with a PS3 know if the PS3 version comes with uncompressed audio? Might just have to get another copy if so. SF is back baybee!!! All Hail the King!

You put in a square gate and took out the oct one? Were you used to playing on a square gate?

EDIT: Is it a TE?

Still no luck yet on exchanging this damn ps3 FS for the 360 one...I went to gamestop today and the manager said he'll have their tomorrow or friday, so if I get lucky I'll be able to play HD remix with a stick over the weekend...

ravien56

Guled said:
to those who are interested in the DLC and are getting the PS3 version, we could get 5 people together and make a sharing account so each person only pays for one pack. Anyone interested?
ill do it

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Guled said:
I didn't know that was possible but I'm definitely down.

Chamber said:
I didn't know that was possible but I'm definitely down.

mh56 said:
ill do it

Including me and Guled that's 4 of us. Like I said earlier I have the brawler pack through the CE. I'll trade assuming it works. I'm not 100% sure how game sharing works though. I've shared different games with 3 other people, and I'm not sure if you can trade with 5 accounts total or 5 accounts per DLC. If so I'll make another acct or something.

fucking gamestop >: ( they call me telling me my stick is in, so i go to pick it up and there is no fucking stick there!!!!!

i know this has happened to others as well, but i just had to vent my frustration............i feel better now.

Guled

alright, we have mh56, Chamber, bdizzle, and me so far. How it will work is that I'll make a psn account and you guys will make a new user and log in to the psn account. So every week the person whos turn it is will buy the DLC pack of the week, and delete the billing info right after, then the rest will d/l it.

negitoro7

For those who have the game:

Does the "attract mode" eventually turn into the "ranking attract mode" with the kickass remixed character select music that shows the score rankings?

I hope they retained that for console versions!

EraldoCoil said:
fucking gamestop >: ( they call me telling me my stick is in, so i go to pick it up and there is no fucking stick there!!!!!

i know this has happened to others as well, but i just had to vent my frustration............i feel better now.

happened to me too. After reading gaf's nerd outrage I called before going down there. Saved myself a 5 minute trip. I still want my damn stick tho.

negitoro7 said:
For those who have the game:

Does the "attract mode" eventually turn into the "ranking attract mode" with the kickass remixed character select music that shows the score rankings?

I hope they retained that for console versions!

By attract mode you mean when you're playing arcade mode and someone jumps in? I don't remember anything about music, but it doesn't show the other persons rank until you win/lose. I'm assuming they do that so players with a high BP don't automatically quit if they play someone with a low BP.

negitoro7

No, I mean when you leave it on the title screen and don't touch the controls.

In the arcade, it eventually shows the "ranking" screens of top scores, which is accompanied by remixed character select music. Please check on that for me. :)

ravien56

bdizzle said:
Including me and Guled that's 4 of us. Like I said earlier I have the brawler pack through the CE. I'll trade assuming it works. I'm not 100% sure how game sharing works though. I've shared different games with 3 other people, and I'm not sure if you can trade with 5 accounts total or 5 accounts per DLC. If so I'll make another acct or something.
its 5 accounts total, not per dlc basis

Takuan

Guled said:
I'm down. How does this work? Is it even legal?

Guled said:
alright, we have mh56, Chamber, bdizzle, and me so far. How it will work is that I'll make a psn account and you guys will make a new user and log in to the psn account. So every week the person whos turn it is will buy the DLC pack of the week, and delete the billing info right after, then the rest will d/l it.

Ok, that'll work. Whose doing the Brawler pack and beauty pack? Like I said I pre-ordered the CE so I'll have that. My only concern is how exactly does PSN game sharing work. I'm worried that you can only share to 5 other accounts total and not 5 per DLC. If it's 5 total I might need to sit this one out since I've shared DLC with a total of 4 PS3's including my own.

EDIT:

mh56 said:
its 5 accounts total, not per dlc basis

so does that mean I'm out? I can only share with 1 other person it seems.

negitoro7 said:
No, I mean when you leave it on the title screen and don't touch the controls.

In the arcade, it eventually shows the "ranking" screens of top scores, which is accompanied by remixed character select music. Please check on that for me. :)

I didn't even know HD Remix did that. I'll check HD Remix and SFIV to see if it does it. My lights been going in & out all day cause of a storm, so I may not be able to do it

By title screen do you mean the Press Start screen in HD remix? Or the screen the has Single Player, Multiplayer, Options, etc?

Guled

Takuan said:
I'm down. How does this work? Is it even legal?
How it will work is that I'll make a psn account and you guys will make a new user and log in to the psn account. So every week the person whos turn it is will buy the DLC pack of the week, and delete the billing info right after, then the rest will d/l it.
I guess we have our 5 now, and yes its legal

Top Bottom