• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Timedog said:
11.8k. Forgot the 1 ;)

EDIT:

Wow this Crisis guy is whining about Seth and Gouken?

Seth in regular battles is not the same Seth in boss battles.. Seth the Boss version has much more HP and can read your mind.

Seth the human version usually just does jump back fierce and random sonic booms. 3 hits and they usually die.. it can be a pain to get in but soon as you do they die so easily since they nerf his HP for human players.

Gouken is terribad. He is not good. If you get caught by Throw>Ultra then you arent teching the throws fast enough. His air launch throw is one of the slowest POS shits in the game.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ok wow rokitty, your balrog is obviously a few grades ahead of my bison, how about some tips :lol

I can't break that bastard defense, it's maddening. I got on one good run there, almost got the 2nd round as well and my flatmate walks in and starts talking to me. I almost threw the controller at him.

Lucky i didn't sticks are heavy :lol

I find balrog soooo hard because up close even though bison can meet him for speed of jabs, balrog has such a fast cr.hk I can never see it coming. You're fast as hell with that headbutt launch combo as well.

Felt like I did well when I started abusing bisons normals a bit more, I have to work badly on my sk spacing as well, too many times I did lk scissors and landed right in front of you for massive free damage :(

Normally when I get that outclassed by someone I switch to blanka, but I know what blanka is like compared to balrog haha. I almost got ya with honda though ;)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Crisis said:
People picking boss characters is fucking bullshit. Is there any way you can make sure that people in ranked matches don't do that shit?
I know what you mean. If its not seth/gouken, its akuma or sagat or balrog or vega. damn boss characters.

V_Arnold

Rokitty, thanks for the games!
10-0, eh? You destroyed my Viper completely!

Well... at the beginning, I absolutely saw no holes in your defense, and could not even tech throw your attempts once :( But later, I was able to win at some rounds, which is a sign of progress.

Very nice from you to be able to constantly pull off combo into ultra and super, those were fearful! And I experimented with Ryu and Rose to see if there is something different I can achieve with them ^^

Thanks again, we will definitely have to spar again later, I am already working the countermeasures in my head for Balrog (as Viper) : )

BitchTits

There's a certain breed of Ryu player who NEVER picks any other character and once the match starts they hold down/back. If you stay where you are, they fireball endlessly till you come at them, you can't jump in, the fireballs push you back, FADC through them, they're ready for you. If you can't fight fireball with fireball, it can be tricking getting in. They piss me off <_<

I do deal best with them with Honda, playing mind games with neutral jumps and unexpected jump ins, quick 2 hits, jump back, repeat, but with anyone else, I have a tough time.

Leunam

There's also a certain breed of Zangief player who just Lariats all day and does jump-in SPDs because they don't know how to buffer or shortcut. All I do is Wheel Kick all day until they learn that they aren't invincible.

You just need to find your Wheel Kick!

Can't help you much if you play Honda, though. :(

MIMIC

Banned
Speaking of Zangief, I played someone last night that beat me 3 straight times with him while I was Fuerte. He did the green hand on wake up (to evade getting smashed/thrown) but still. :lol He was reasonably good...but I HATE losing to Zangief :mad:

I went 2-3

toneroni

MIMIC said:
Speaking of Zangief, I played someone last night that beat me 3 straight times with him while I was Fuerte. He did the green hand on wake up (to evade getting smashed/thrown) but still. :lol He was reasonably good...but I HATE losing to Zangief :mad:

I went 2-3
damn Zangief and his mini-boss battles!

LakeEarth

BitchTits said:
There's a certain breed of Ryu player who NEVER picks any other character and once the match starts they hold down/back. If you stay where you are, they fireball endlessly till you come at them, you can't jump in, the fireballs push you back, FADC through them, they're ready for you. If you can't fight fireball with fireball, it can be tricking getting in. They piss me off <_<

I do deal best with them with Honda, playing mind games with neutral jumps and unexpected jump ins, quick 2 hits, jump back, repeat, but with anyone else, I have a tough time.
Honda has problems with fireballs, so just try to inch up, neutral jump fireballs and use your fierce punch in the air to move forward a bit. Don't absorb fireballs every time, don't neutral jump every time, don't jump forward every time, keep your opponent guessing. Get him in the corner, he will try to get out, DON'T LET HIM! Don't go on the full blown attack until you smack him back into the corner, then go in for the kill. That tends to work. If they turtle too much, ochio.

BitchTits said:

With Dictator, I just either headstomp or teleport behind them and punish. I can imagine with other characters it can be difficult.

My local arcade has some SFIV setups, but they're consoles built into arcade cabinets. Nice 40+ inch HD monitors though. I went there friday and pretty much got my ass beat, but I had a lot of fun.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
MIMIC said:

I went 2-3

you should still be able to catch em, with tortillas at least.

_dementia said:
My local arcade has some SFIV setups, but they're consoles built into arcade cabinets. Nice 40+ inch HD monitors though. I went there friday and pretty much got my ass beat, but I had a lot of fun.

Where is this arcade located?

I've been trying to look for a local San Diego arcade that has SF4 in it...

black_vegeta said:
Where is this arcade located?
Miami, FL

Jazzy Network said:
So sick of losing to people who clearly are bad cause I can't do 50% of the moves on my stick.
Go into training mode and turn input display on. Then, practice what you're having trouble executing. The input display will let you know what you're doing wrong.

Jazzy Network said:
So sick of losing to people who clearly are bad cause I can't do 50% of the moves on my stick.

There's no shame in using a controller so long as your execution is good.

Also, for those learning stick I recommend placing it on something so it doesn't move around. For example, the EX2 has rubber things on the bottom so when you place it on a hard surface like a wood desk or hardwood floor, it won't move. You might be shocked how natural it feels when it ain't moving around on your lap/carpeted floor.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
V_Arnold said:

:lol Oldern right? I just got the same treatment from Rokitty, he's a demon. I think we need to play again...

My new objective is to take match from Rokitty. it's a long term goal though. Balrog is such a dick!

Hey guys, came up with a fun idea. How about we do a combo competition? Someone records a combo and posts it to start the game. The first person to post a video of themselves doing the combo as well gets to post the next combo to be completed. I'd imagine we start off pretty simple then get more complicated with time. Only things not allowed are training room combos possible only with infinite bar.

FindMyFarms said:
Hey guys, came up with a fun idea. How about we do a combo competition? Someone records a combo and posts it to start the game. The first person to post a video of themselves doing the combo as well gets to post the next combo to be completed. I'd imagine we start off pretty simple then get more complicated with time. Only things not allowed are training room combos possible only with infinite bar.
I really like and wish to support this idea.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Having grown up playing SF in the Arcade I can't for the life of me play with a Pad. My hand starts to cramp, and I just feel like I have no control over my character. Saturn pad has been by far the best pad I have used.

The biggest adjustment for me was back when Alpha 2 was released in my local arcades, that is when they started switching to Japanese parts due to all the exchange students who would invest a lot of money playing the game. It took me a good month to get my execution on par with what it was with Japanese parts (Sanwa), and now I would not play on any other parts.

In the end you need to adjust your game as you feel fit. If you despise arcade sticks and won't ever really play the game in an arcade, I don't see anything wrong with you sticking with what you know best.

Anyway, I got called a cheater today because I FADC into Bison's Ultra and nailed this Ryu user as he was about to throw out a random Ultra. :lol I replied back to him "Your wails of despair will earn you no sympathy today." which is one of Bison's quotes from the game. He told me I was N word C word F word. :lol Poor guy.

Bob White

Would suck if a viper player posted something like

mid screen, no corner
jump in HK > FFF > EX Seismo > HJC BK > ultra

that would completely kill the Horse combo competition.

Bob White said:
Would suck if a viper player posted something like

mid screen, no corner
jump in HK > FFF > EX Seismo > HJC BK > ultra

that would completely kill the Horse combo competition.

Nah, that's cake baby. The viper combos that get me are the SJC FADC ones :/

HiResDes

FindMyFarms said:
Nah, that's cake baby. The viper combos that get me are the SJC FADC ones :/
I really loathe viper, it seems like you have to be a rocket scientist to be good with her...I try to take advantage of her mixup game and end up confused myself.

HiResDes said:
I really loathe viper, it seems like you have to be a rocket scientist to be good with her...I try to take advantage of her mixup game and end up confused myself.

Stay far far away from her lol. The amount of work you put in to her is NOT proportional to the returns. Even at high levels.

The game is very balanced compared to other fighters ( so everyone says). but damn, they nerfed guile back to hell! he has no juggle oppurtunities into his ultra except super>ultra, his flash kick has terrible recovery, and he still has only 2 moves. They better buff him. And whats this street fighter 4 dash im hearing about on SRK? is it pure speculation?

MIMIC proved he can Ultra off Flash Kick too.
but yeah, CvS2 Guile this aint

SFIV Dash is speculation ath the moment, but it's certainly possible with Capcom's track record.

MIMIC

Banned
Out of habit, I throw a sonic boom after a flash kick to start zoning again; I never attempt a double flash kick or flash kick > ultra because of the timing.

And Guile's ultra, yes, is TERRIBAD. His Ultra = his sweep. If you block the first kick, you can punish him before he finishes his second. Fuerte can just leg throw him out of it.

MIMIC said:
Out of habit, I throw a sonic boom after a flash kick to start zoning again; I never attempt a double flash kick or flash kick > ultra because of the timing.

And Guile's ultra, yes, is TERRIBAD. His Ultra = his sweep. If you block the first kick, you can punish him before he finishes his second. Fuerte can just leg throw him out of it.

Nice, I did not know that. Time for Bison to scissor kick the shit of Guile.

catfish said:
ok wow rokitty, your balrog is obviously a few grades ahead of my bison, how about some tips :lol

I can't break that bastard defense, it's maddening. I got on one good run there, almost got the 2nd round as well and my flatmate walks in and starts talking to me. I almost threw the controller at him.

Lucky i didn't sticks are heavy :lol

I find balrog soooo hard because up close even though bison can meet him for speed of jabs, balrog has such a fast cr.hk I can never see it coming. You're fast as hell with that headbutt launch combo as well.

Felt like I did well when I started abusing bisons normals a bit more, I have to work badly on my sk spacing as well, too many times I did lk scissors and landed right in front of you for massive free damage :(

Normally when I get that outclassed by someone I switch to blanka, but I know what blanka is like compared to balrog haha. I almost got ya with honda though ;)
Good matches! I don't know much about Bison, but I think that you should practice some good BnB combos for punishing. I noticed a few times that you had a great chance to punish, but you did a simple c.lk -> sk or something. I know Bison has some better combos than that ;).

Boxer's c.hk can be countered quite easily with FA. Especially if I do it too much.

Boxer vs Blanka isn't actually that bad. Blanka needs to be a little bit creative though. Also I hate playing against Blanka because it is not my strongest match up. I played some really annoying Blankas in Japan this summer so I learned to hate him :D

V_Arnold said:

Well... at the beginning, I absolutely saw no holes in your defense, and could not even tech throw your attempts once :( But later, I was able to win at some rounds, which is a sign of progress.

Very nice from you to be able to constantly pull off combo into ultra and super, those were fearful! And I experimented with Ryu and Rose to see if there is something different I can achieve with them ^^

Thanks again, we will definitely have to spar again later, I am already working the countermeasures in my head for Balrog (as Viper) : )

Good games! At first it was little bit one sided but as you said, there was progress there. I hate some of the combos Viper has, because I don't know when I can punish them. Especially that low kick to "electro slide" (I don't know any of her moves by name ;) ). If I try to put a jab somewhere there, I always got hit. Headbutt seemed to work better, but it is very risky.

I don't know how to play against Rose so I was kinda guessing with that one. Need more practice against her.

Let's play again for sure.

catfish said:
My new objective is to take match from Rokitty. it's a long term goal though. Balrog is such a dick!
Haha.

edit - nm

COMBO HORSE

Alright, kept the first combo pretty simple. Let's see which Fuerte(or any other) player does it first :p

>>> Round 1 <<<

Remember to run under them after the st. rh. First person to replicate and upload gets to do the next combo. Have at you!

2nd edit - sweet related videos

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'm jumping on PSN right now. If anyone wants an online punching bag, send me invite.
Nicely done Farms, but I can't do shit on my TE stick right now so can't enter anything at the moment lol.

Top Bottom