• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
wooooo
won my second championship in G2 with bison on the long hard road from 9000 - 10500 GP yesterday eve.

cheeky ryu, you must DIE.

I love it when I remember HK spam late in the game almost always get 2 free ones if I catch a jump in, thn immediate follow up for like 30% damage.

<3 bison normals.

Fuma-X

Going up in GP is quite a long road... :0
If anyone is interested playing against a in-training Honda, add me up : MixMasterFei (XBL)

Honda is such a great character to learn being patient. I'm still not connecting well my HH > Super or HB > Super in a real match situation but there is hope...

Also, for french speaking people, you will find some awesome videos on SFIV/KOF12/GAROU here with some fun yet expert comments: http://www.youtube.com/user/Puyo432343. All TRF matches are actively broadcasted

Fuma-X said:
If anyone is interested playing against a in-training Honda, add me up : MixMasterFei (XBL)

Honda is such a great character to learn being patient. I'm still not connecting well my HH > Super or HB > Super in a real match situation but there is hope...

Also, for french speaking people, you will find some awesome videos on SFIV/KOF12/GAROU here with some fun yet expert comments: http://www.youtube.com/user/Puyo432343. All TRF matches are actively broadcasted

Added.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
very interesting night in championship mode..at first it was nothing but ryu's....then an influx of dictators...then freaking sakuras... what did sabre do?..there's sakuras all over the place..thankfully though i got to face nothing but sagats in the finals..oh joy

LOL I was so excited to try out some Guile techniques and setups today in casuals. My Guile was gonna rock the house.

:'(

Such a disadvantaged character. But he has some good qualities that can and should be abused when using him.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Timedog said:
What are Guiles huge disadvantages? i.e. how do i kick guiles ass simply and easily?

I don't know why but I find guile to be in my top 3 of overwhelmingly difficult to beat characters.

Balrog
Guile
sagat

FROWN

Fuma-X said:

you mention speaking french, you in france? I'm always looking for Euro opponents. I've got a barely competent bison and a decent blanka. If you are on the continent then add me

XBL: armedcatfish

I play regularly.

Timedog said:
What are Guiles huge disadvantages? i.e. how do i kick guiles ass simply and easily?

Depends who you play. Guile is pretty damn good IMO. His main disadvantage, and it kind of cripples him, is he doesn't have a good way to combo into his ultra. Damage scaling kills his super into ultra, and it depletes meter that should be used on EX sonic booms... Anyway, not sure who you play... Just try to keep the pressure on him. Never let a good Guile trap you in the corner because it can be nasty. I play Sagat and spam tiger shots and inch myself forward a little at a time to make sure I never get cornered. After a close tiger shot I'll just do a crouching fierce punch to try and bait a jump. Also be prepared to always focus/punish Guile's crouching roundhouse. Just don't give him space to throw out those slow sonic booms and push forward. And I NEVER jump at Guile unless it is a cross-up. Got sick of eating that crouching fierce followed up by a sonic boom and more punishment.

HiResDes

SuperMattyFighter2T said:
Depends who you play. Guile is pretty damn good IMO. His main disadvantage, and it kind of cripples him, is he doesn't have a good way to combo into his ultra. Damage scaling kills his super into ultra, and it depletes meter that should be used on EX sonic booms... Anyway, not sure who you play... Just try to keep the pressure on him. Never let a good Guile trap you in the corner because it can be nasty. I play Sagat and spam tiger shots and inch myself forward a little at a time to make sure I never get cornered. After a close tiger shot I'll just do a crouching fierce punch to try and bait a jump. Also be prepared to always focus/punish Guile's crouching roundhouse. Just don't give him space to throw out those slow sonic booms and push forward. And I NEVER jump at Guile unless it is a cross-up. Got sick of eating that crouching fierce followed up by a sonic boom and more punishment.
Guile is the one character I can consistently apply pressure on with Fei Long...I never usually complain about him, but maybe I've just been lucky.

Nose Master

LakeEarth said:
My latest replay features a 46500gp lariat spamming Zangief. I was in shock. 46500gp and no skill at all! Knocks me down? Lariat on my wakeup. Lariat lariat lariat. Good times.

Just because someone has high GP doesn't mean they don't get silly drunk and spam lariats with Zangief. Or, let other people play on their name.

Fuma-X

catfish said:
you mention speaking french, you in france? I'm always looking for Euro opponents. I've got a barely competent bison and a decent blanka. If you are on the continent then add me

XBL: armedcatfish

I play regularly.

Yep, I'm in France. Connection is good too.
Added

catfish said:
good games as always Level 8 boss!

I will learn to beat your gouken with my bison. God I need to learn to tech throws if that is ever going to happen. 50% damage off one throw -> ultra is brutal.

Our matches always seem to swing big time, especially the ryu/blanka matchup. I got cocky since I won the first one nicely and then got ruined second time around.

You took 6 from 11, but I'll console myself with winning the championship one before that in the random meetup :D

<3 5 bar connections as well. I can't notice a lag at all.

Good game mate, my fightpad seems pretty screwed so my execution recently is crap (Fcuk you Madcatz).

No more SRK - FADC - Metsu for me anymore. *cries*

Need to work on my Bison matchup, and your Blanka...geez...pure pain.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Gr1mLock said:
very interesting night in championship mode..at first it was nothing but ryu's....then an influx of dictators...then freaking sakuras... what did sabre do?..there's sakuras all over the place..thankfully though i got to face nothing but sagats in the finals..oh joy

lil bitchez tryin 2 take a brotha's bike money so they can git dem Lilac PSPs eh...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
prodystopian said:
Quoted for new page. Someone get on it!

If I was good at stick or my pad worked I'd do that easily and then counter attack with Ryu.

j. mp, cr. lk, cr. lp, cr. mp xx hp fireball xx FACD forward, cr. mk xx EX tatsu, ultra

20 hits pimp.

I think you might be able to EX fireball before the ultra to make it 22 hits.

GriffD17

When you get to a point in a mix up game that you're able to pull of what you want when you want it the :D on your face is fantastic. This Akuma fellow didn't know what I was going to do. Nothing better then not having to worry about a SRK on wakeup and just throw 'em. :lol :lol

McBradders said:
I'll echo my YouTube comment here;

Nice boxer, very cool and calm. I always panic when playing other charge characters.

Thanks. I just wish I would always be calm like that. I guess it depends my mood. If I keep losing a lot, the frustration kicks in and then I'll just lose even more. :D

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
GriffD17 said:
When you get to a point in a mix up game that you're able to pull of what you want when you want it the :D on your face is fantastic. This Akuma fellow didn't know what I was going to do. Nothing better then not having to worry about a SRK on wakeup and just throw 'em. :lol :lol

what mixups are you doing?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rocky_Balboa said:
Thanks. I just wish I would always be calm like that. I guess it depends my mood. If I keep losing a lot, the frustration kicks in and then I'll just lose even more. :D

we can play right now. i'll add u.

Timedog said:
we can play right now. i'll add u.
The connection between the US and Finland isn't exactly the most optimal one. I bet it will be unplayable because of the latency. :(

E: Who is BriefcasemanX?

BitchTits said:
Wow, I expect G1 stuff to be way more advanced in playstyle. The Honda was a bit too happy with the splashes and random headbutts - easy to punish.
Yeah that Honda was pretty scrubby. I wonder how he even got to the final...

BitchTits

Rocky_Balboa said:
My first SF4 video upload. Nothing special but I thought I could record some more at some point. This was a test run with my crappy digital camera.

G1 Final - Honda vs Boxer
Wow, I expect G1 stuff to be way more advanced in playstyle. The Honda was a bit too happy with the splashes and random headbutts - easy to punish.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
BitchTits said:

Then you haven't seen me play. Also, "keep grinding scrubs".

Jason

Timedog said:
Then you haven't seen me play. Also, "keep grinding scrubs".

:lol Only 900 GP to go for me.

Just played a Fuerte that grabbed me out of a dive kick with an ultra twice in the same round. :lol

Won

BitchTits said:

Just look at that:

LakeEarth said:
My latest replay features a 46500gp lariat spamming Zangief. I was in shock. 46500gp and no skill at all! Knocks me down? Lariat on my wakeup. Lariat lariat lariat. Good times.

G1 really is nothing special. It's G2 with one more match and less players. :lol

kitzkozan

Lyte Edge said:
Maybe he changed his mind, but last time he talked about it, he said he was never coming back to NeoGAF.

Lol why is that? :lol

Doesn't bother all that much since he still post on SRK,but it's just going to scare off SRK members to come here. :p Although I can somewhat understand since you can get away with a lot of crap on SRK. :lol More than half of SRK members would be permabanned within a month here. :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Nah, g1 overall is definitely better comp. All things being equal G1'ers have had much more experience than the others. At the end of G2 I was getting 500-1000gp a day.

toneroni

black_vegeta said:
*Mind Blown* First time I heard someone say that Ken is their main!
where were you when the game first came out?
I honestly have more fun playing with ken than with Ryu but Ryu is much more solid.

Sad to see even Ed Ma switch to Akuma.

Gotta get on some GAF player matches soon for random on random action! :D
Not enough people are active on the lists :/

toneroni said:
where were you when the game first came out?
I honestly have more fun playing with ken than with Ryu but Ryu is much more solid.

Sad to see even Ed Ma switch to Akuma.

Gotta get on some GAF player matches soon for random on random action! :D
Not enough people are active on the lists :/

A good majority of people picked Ken when the game first hit consoles...then the flowchart Ken shit hit the scene. I'm just saying that it's very rare that I'll come across a good Ken that I can respect. Currently, most Ken's try to flowchart their way to victory.

Yes, it is sad indeed that EdMa switched from Ken to Akuma. His Ken was the standard. Best showing in my opinion was when he and Combofiend went at it at the Bar Fights a few months ago.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
black_vegeta said:
"XBL: armedcatfish

I play regularly."

I'm going to add you catfish when I get home tonight.

XBL: GNizzle858

great!

got visitors for a couple days, but I'll be on again soon.

think I got your fr black_vegeta

Won said:
G1 really is nothing special. It's G2 with one more match and less players. :lol

Timedog said:
Nah, g1 overall is definitely better comp. All things being equal G1'ers have had much more experience than the others. At the end of G2 I was getting 500-1000gp a day.

The comp is better, but at the same time GP is a poor measure of skill. I've played dudes with 40-50k and was literally shocked at how bad they were. With that kind of experience I expected alot more.

I really miss the ranked match system, but I understand that if they had kept that people would have stopped playing - some/most people care more about points than getting better at the game, and you plateau really quickly in ranked BP if you suck.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Arpharmd B said:
The comp is better, but at the same time GP is a poor measure of skill. I've played dudes with 40-50k and was literally shocked at how bad they were. With that kind of experience I expected alot more.
Pretty much. GP is a horribly poor measure of skill. The fact that you only lose 5 points for losing (and thats only in the first match) is retarded.

Top Bottom