• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

GamerSoul

lemon__fresh said:
Block and punish?

:eek:

Pandaman said:
what? as a sak player, I love it when my opponents give me free combos.

I seriously wish my reaction time was on par with some of you guys. I'm slowly starting to learning the mechanics of Street Fighter. SFIV is officially my second go at Street Fighter. I played SF2 a long time ago but was too young to understand why I sucked so much. Now i know why. And playing Soul Calibur didn't help. :l

I'll start sparring with Gaf next week with my Chun-Saks(mostly Sak). I'm too busy with school reg stuff atm.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
GamerSoul said:
:eek:

I seriously wish my reaction time was on par with some of you guys. I'm slowly starting to learning the mechanics of Street Fighter. SFIV is officially my second go at Street Fighter. I played SF2 a long time ago but was too young to understand why I sucked so much. Now i know why. And playing Soul Calibur didn't help. :l

I'll start sparring with Gaf next week with my Chun-Saks(mostly Sak). I'm too busy with school reg stuff atm.
Don't get me wrong, you're probably better then me and you pretty much have the same experience i have. ^^

I'm pretty terrible [only G2-E]. i love wakeup shoryukens because they're pretty much the only opportunity i ever get in a match.

on a related note, turns out i recorded two matches last week, tey were both vs itwasfunny's viper, and they both involved me getting eaten alive. fun. ^^ i still dont have my hitconfirming down, either im too slow or i messup the inputs. :( makes me waste so many ex's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2JZ-kPrbRM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q000Df2oPr0
I was pretty much just flailing around trying to prevent a perfect, i had no idea what to do. damn.

random ultra loss at the end too. :lol

GamerSoul

Pandaman said:
Don't get me wrong, you're probably better then me and you pretty much have the same experience i have. ^^

I'm pretty terrible [only G2-E]. i love wakeup shoryukens because they're pretty much the only opportunity i ever get in a match.

on a related note, turns out i recorded two matches last week, tey were both vs itwasfunny's viper, and they both involved me getting eaten alive. fun. ^^ i still dont have my hitconfirming down, either im too slow or i messup the inputs. :( makes me waste so many ex's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2JZ-kPrbRM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q000Df2oPr0
I was pretty much just flailing around trying to prevent a perfect, i had no idea what to do. damn.

random ultra loss at the end too. :lol

yeah, we're about the same :D , but you got the footsies down. I know I really need work on my set ups and approaches the most.

Don't you hate it when you just cant hit EX tatsu? :lol It just kills me.

TurtleSnatcher said:
EDIT: Adnan where you working now? So that I may eat your foodz.

I'm bartending/waiting at this sushi/hibachi place in Plano(Geisha Steakhouse), I'll tell you about it next time we meet. Used to bartend there 2 years ago actually.

Timedog said:
Adnan, can I get a taste as well?

Only if you take me out to a fine Italian restaurant first. ;) (wait you're a really hot girl amirite)

BitchTits said:
Fei Long 4 times straight a couple days ago, I had to msg my opponent to let him know I didn't know some secret code that picked the same character.

I wouldn't mind that actually lol, I like Fei Long :)

Lyte Edge said:
Maybe he changed his mind, but last time he talked about it, he said he was never coming back to NeoGAF.

I hear he's not coming back until you and I have our epic Dan Vs Dan rematch.

Jenga

Banned
I think I just played the worst SF matches I have encountered.

First one was a Ken who's ping apparently went from a full 5 bar to a -1 connection 5 seconds into the match. Not only could I not block, I got SRK'd more times in a match more than I have ever been.

Second one was a Guile who seemed to only know sweep, sonic boom, and that kick (we've covered this before), wasn't going too badly until midway between the match his ping took a giant shit, and apparently I couldn't block the most obvious crossups ever.

It wasn't until I connected with Abel's Ultra, and got hit with a sweep thus preventing me from doing the rest of the ultra did I realize this was most hilarious match I've ever fought.

DirtySanchez, wherever you are, I salute you.

Jenga said:
I think I just played the worst SF matches I have encountered.

First one was a Ken who's ping apparently went from a full 5 bar to a -1 connection 5 seconds into the match. Not only could I not block, I got SRK'd more times in a match more than I have ever been.

Second one was a Guile who seemed to only know sweep, sonic boom, and that kick (we've covered this before), wasn't going too badly until midway between the match his ping took a giant shit, and apparently I couldn't block the most obvious crossups ever.

It wasn't until I connected with Abel's Ultra, and got hit with a sweep thus preventing me from doing the rest of the ultra did I realize this was most hilarious match I've ever fought.

DirtySanchez, wherever you are, I salute you.
lag spikers :(

Has anyone ever tried combo-ing a raging demon?
sure
focus crumple

Kadey said:
Has anyone ever tried combo-ing a raging demon?

Do you mean comboing into a demon? If so, it is impossible. The only way to 'combo' into it is a crumple FA > dash > Demon. Anything else puts them into hitstun which means they can jump before you grab.

black_vegeta said:
I second that.
streetfighter4-kenselect.jpg

Man, I find Blanka the hardest to react to sometimes. His jumps happen so fast. Those really good Blanka players that do a lot of mix ups and hop around like crazy bewilders me sometimes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
FindMyFarms said:
You can't combo, but you can tick into the Super version, just as good IMO

That's what I was getting at because I know I saw it done before since I did it by accident.

BotoxAgent said:
Man, I find Blanka the hardest to react to sometimes. His jumps happen so fast. Those really good Blanka players that do a lot of mix ups and hop around like crazy bewilders me sometimes.

As an Abel I think it's best to play defensive against Blanka, just keep cool with the pressure and be ready for teching his grabs. Eventually he'll pop out a role, slide or hop that leaves him unsafe and then punish him hard for it but be sure to wait until he's panicking before you go flat out offensive (if you do at all...)

Spirit of Jazz said:
As an Abel I think it's best to play defensive against Blanka, just keep cool with the pressure and be ready for teching his grabs. Eventually he'll pop out a role, slide or hop that leaves him unsafe and then punish him hard for it but be sure to wait until he's panicking before you go flat out offensive (if you do at all...)

I main Chun Li, and I usually turtle hoping that he throws a bad slide or electricity. Sucks that the only to punish his blocked ball is with my ultra. It always feels like I have no control over the flow of the fight. Even when my offensive pressure works, i have to learn to back off because that Ultra of his hurts, even with chip.

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
BotoxAgent said:
I main Chun Li, and I usually turtle hoping that he throws a bad slide or electricity. Sucks that the only to punish his blocked ball is with my ultra. It always feels like I have no control over the flow of the fight. Even when my offensive pressure works, i have to learn to back off because that Ultra of his hurts, even with chip.

gah, I main blanka (just made it to G-2 today) and i have the HARDEST times with Chun Li and also Bison. Good lord if they somewhat turtle and punish anything I do. Li is just way to fast so you have to react in half the time you usually do and fuckin Bison's Ex headstomp >.<

CheapChampagne said:
gah, I main blanka (just made it to G-2 today) and i have the HARDEST times with Chun Li and also Bison. Good lord if they somewhat turtle and punish anything I do. Li is just way to fast so you have to react in half the time you usually do and fuckin Bison's Ex headstomp >.<

:lol The grass is always greener I guess :)

I'm not the best Chun player. I am not to sure who has the advantage with this matchup.

GriffD17

LakeEarth just pwned my soul.

With every character he picked.

Thanks for the games though, but you're on a whole different level than I am.

snack

What is the minimum cutoff point for CP if I want to upload a new replay on the PS3 version? I hit 88K in points after winning the final. Can anyone help?

LakeEarth

GriffD17 said:
LakeEarth just pwned my soul.

With every character he picked.

Thanks for the games though, but you're on a whole different level than I am.
GG, I should've probably backed off a bit. Worst part is that you weren't doing anything really wrong. After a blockstring you would go for the sweep which got you into trouble. Walk forward -> throw was a bit obvious, but I mentioned that and you adjusted. I wish I could help more but I don't know Chun very well.

And Eva01's Ken is crazy good. Ken may have a crappy ultra, but Eva01 has taught me it has one advantage, beating almost every other ultra :lol

MIMIC

Banned
AZ Greg said:
GGs to Timedog and MIMIC.

Why the fuck couldn't my Fuerte beat your Vega? :mad: You did everything right. I think you were the first person I did a 5 hit loop on because I needed it so bad :lol

That "kick > throw/EX slam" reminded me of the stuff Dhalsim does...and it's so quick. I've never played a Vega that did that.

When I was Guile it was a much fairer fight :)

AZ Greg

GGs Jazzy.

MIMIC said:
Why the fuck couldn't my Fuerte beat your Vega? :mad: You did everything right. I think you were the first person I did a 5 hit loop on because I needed it so bad :lol

That "kick > throw/EX slam" reminded me of the stuff Dhalsim does...and it's so quick. I've never played a Vega that did that.

I know the Fuerte match-up pretty well thanks to playing Arde a ton. I haven't ever seen the loop though, that was nice.

Man, I ate soooo many flash kicks/crouching RHs from your Guile. I was in rush down mode still from your Fuerte. I should have sat back every time I had a life lead. :lol

Fuma-X

Rocky_Balboa said:
GGs Fuma-X and Oldern.

GG Rocky
I actually understood quite a few things + i agree w/ your comment on EX HHS. I had no clue how to approach you & everything failed. I'll challenge you up in a few days again with a new strategy + combo anti-rog :D

MIMIC said:

Dont be too aggressive against Vega until you get a knockdown.. If he does that kick.. block it and attempt to tech throw.. most Vegas go for it.. Sometimes they will mix flip kick in.

FindMyFarms said:
I'm bartending/waiting at this sushi/hibachi place in Plano(Geisha Steakhouse), I'll tell you about it next time we meet. Used to bartend there 2 years ago actually.

Oh I know where thats at.

Coit & George Bush.

I know shits! I'm gonna so eatz your foodz.

EDIT: Fucking double post.

V_Arnold

Rocky_Balboa said:
GGs Fuma-X and Oldern.

Yeah, it was awesome!
Even if you 10-0d me again, we had a 2-2 and a "both have like 5% hp" match - but one close match is not enough for me.

I was shocked at the overwhelming force of Balrog, especially 2 things:
-After you land from that headbutt or what it is called, a lot of times I could not throw you cause you started doing low punches... that really hurt.
-I have been hit by like a million low pokes. I would not even say it is a poke, cause it damages me for like 15% of my HP, hah. Only later did I realize that instead of blocking, I should Burning Kick it - and it worked, until you started to mix things up : )

I have to say, once I had a guy who is a real solid Ken, and he raped me back when SFIV came out, and he were my first inspiration to train hard. Now I beat him all the time! :D
Your Balrog is the second one - but I am sure this will be a painful road to walk on ^^

Hojaho

Kccitystar said:
I do, and it seems like every other Zangief I've encountered embraces the almighty LARIAT

It's sad to see how far those Giefs can go. Just watch the top Gief player replay on PSN and enjoy the Lariat spam and the random ultras. No b&b combo at all, it's just horrible and he beated a Sagat!!

V_Arnold said:
Yeah, it was awesome!
Even if you 10-0d me again, we had a 2-2 and a "both have like 5% hp" match - but one close match is not enough for me.
That one was really close. In the end I was just smashing the buttons so something would come out and hit you :).

V_Arnold said:
I was shocked at the overwhelming force of Balrog, especially 2 things:
-After you land from that headbutt or what it is called, a lot of times I could not throw you cause you started doing low punches... that really hurt.
-I have been hit by like a million low pokes. I would not even say it is a poke, cause it damages me for like 15% of my HP, hah. Only later did I realize that instead of blocking, I should Burning Kick it - and it worked, until you started to mix things up : )
You can definitely punish blocked headbutts. Whiffed ones too, but it depends where I land with it. Although a throw isn't the best way to punish. You most damaging combo would be the best of course.

Yeah c.HK is a great sweep, but if you're expecting it, it is pretty easy to punish with a FA or that burning kick thing that you did :).

Crystalkoen

So after those matches with Mimic last night (how DOES one beat that Fuerte splash/throw/sweep wake-up mixup?), I got a game going with an ultra-defensive Gouki. Guy pretty much kept to full screen, jumping back with variable air fireball angles so I couldn't rely on getting close or dashing under them, certainly couldn't try to jump 'em, and as soon as I got within striking distance, would just teleport to the other side, rinse repeat ad nauseum. Went about 20 games of that, and the only times I even came close to winning were when he was just dicking around with FAs and the like =/

Top Bottom